» Battle of Scales
Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:31 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Eye of the Storm
Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:36 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» Turn 9-1068
Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:55 pm by SilverDragonRed

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

» Is The Federation in Star Trek Fascist?
Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:59 pm by NMdum1

» House Creation
Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:10 pm by SilverDragonRed

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Public] First Echaini Senate

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

51 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:20 pm

Remove Provision 4 and the last paragraph from the bill.
After that, or something that ensures the only actions Governors can take on a bill are Yay (approve it as is), Nay (reject as is), or ask for clarification, then I support it.

Last edited by Adamemnon on Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar, clarity)

View user profile

52 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:22 pm

Senator Bing Crosby (NPP) wrote:
Senator Killerbean wrote:I Myself am okay with simplification. I guess this would be okay.
Yay i guess.

OOC: I love the enthusiasm for this bill XD

OOC: Thing is, if people actually took the time to read the bills in detail simplification is NOT needed. Ugh.

View user profile

53 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:23 pm

OOC: Just refrain from using difficult words and everthing will be fine.

View user profile

54 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:23 pm

Senator Killerbean wrote:
Senator Bing Crosby (NPP) wrote:
Senator Killerbean wrote:I Myself am okay with simplification. I guess this would be okay.
Yay i guess.

OOC: I love the enthusiasm for this bill XD

OOC: Thing is, if people actually took the time to read the bills in detail simplification is NOT needed. Ugh.

OOC: honestly, I agree, but I also see the benefit of segmenting bills so that people aren't forced to choose to conduct a cost-benefit analysis on the entirety of a bill because of shoddy sub-sections.

View user profile

55 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:29 pm

Here is a revision: Bill 002B

View user profile

56 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:34 pm

Senator Bing Crosby (NPP) wrote:Here is a revision: Bill 002B

Seems fine to me. Yay

View user profile

57 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:42 pm

Add into the last paragraph the following.
'Should the lead writer(s) of the bill agree to the gubernatorial call for edits, they must take the matter before the Senate and have the Senate vote on the bill with the edits again. The lead writer(s) and Governors can only send the bill back to the Senate for edits once per bill, after which they must either approve or reject the bill as is.'

Allowing any Senator who is the author of the bill the ability to edit the Bill without input from the Senate smells of a violation of the Constitution. It also gives the author(s) too much power over bills.

View user profile

58 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:57 pm

This addition to the bill will make the legislative process longer than it needs to be, but I agree that this is quite fair. I agree to this addition.

View user profile

59 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:00 pm

If we want simple, and what I would prefer, is if we remove provision B and the last paragraph entirely.

You just seemed to really want the lead writer be able to edit the bill based on the governors' suggestions so I left that in.

View user profile

60 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:04 pm

Adamemnon wrote:If we want simple, and what I would prefer, is if we remove provision B and the last paragraph entirely.

You just seemed to really want the lead writer be able to edit the bill based on the governors' suggestions so I left that in.

Condition B is a Constitutional reminder (the constitutional saliency of the last bill was called into question, so I want to use specific language from the document). Here's a potential revision: Bill 002C

View user profile

61 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:23 pm

My answer is still the same.

View user profile

62 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:30 pm

I'm fine with this.
I might be missing something about the Constitutional saliency of provision B and why it should be there. I'm open to revising this bill and my addition at a later date if necessary. I was concerned the Governors and the lead writer would be able to edit bills without Senatorial input.

I say Yay.

View user profile

63 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:32 pm

The Lorerunner wrote:The Chair votes... er no wait.
Senator Gustavo votes Yay.
Senator Lors votes Nay.

I vote Yay, as do Senators Gustavo, Killerbean, and Adamemnon. This constitutes a simple majority, no?

View user profile

64 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:37 pm

This is correct. With four votes, this bill needs to head over to the Governor's hall for ratification.

65 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:40 pm

OOC: I'm sorry that it's a closed session, but screw you guys Very Happy

Since all the current bills have passed the Senate, I would like to nominate Senator Bing Crosby as Foreman of the Senate.
He is extremely qualified, has proposed all the bills so far, and was one of the drafters of the constitution.
There is no need for any debate and I just require everyone to either vote YAY or Nay.

View user profile

66 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:45 pm

Mr Crosby is the initiator for all the bills up to now. I say Sure!

View user profile

67 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:50 pm

This may come as a shock to you all, but I say Yay to the notion.

View user profile

68 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:56 pm

Senator Bing Crosby (NPP) wrote:This may come as a shock to you all, but I say Yay to the notion.

:OOC Shocking indeed lelelelelel

View user profile

69 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:03 pm

I would like to propose a bill... but it seems like we have a half finished vote going on... Very Happy : D

View user profile

70 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:33 pm

The vote is currently 2 for and 0 against...

It seems like all the other senators have disappeared...

View user profile

71 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Could someone please clarify what Foreman of the Senate will do?

View user profile

72 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:29 pm

He will essentially take the place of the president if they are not available(I was supposed to choose a VP, but they would not be able to do anything. Like ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.). They call for Senate sessions, set agenda,

View user profile

73 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:29 pm

Adamemnon wrote:Could someone please clarify what Foreman of the Senate will do?

According to the Constitution:

"During the inaugural session of the Senate, one Senator is chosen as Foreman of the Senate by simple majority of the vote. This Foreman calls for each session of the Senate, is responsible for setting agendas, but must not be unduly obstructive to the function of the Chambers and the power of each Senator and the President to make propositions, and assumes duties of the President in his absence, if Vice-President is also unavailable."

OOC: Since we don't technically have a VP, The Foreman would be the next-in-line for the Presidency.

View user profile

74 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:34 pm

OOC: I decided to not pick a VP because they aren't allowed any other roles in the government and the VP has no role except to be in the place of the president if they are OOC asleep or unavailable.

View user profile

75 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:47 pm

President Grifenknight wrote:OOC:  I decided to not pick a VP because they aren't allowed any other roles in the government and the VP has no role except to be in the place of the president if they are OOC asleep or unavailable.

VP can be a minister.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum