Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Some interesting thing with Star Trek Discovery
Today at 3:23 am by ZeroCool

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Yesterday at 5:41 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

» Turn 3-1069
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:21 am by FreelanceZero

You are not connected. Please login or register

Organization of the Echain Rangers

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Organization of the Echain Rangers on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:59 pm

Herein shall be all actions taken by the Echain Rangers as an organization.

2 Re: Organization of the Echain Rangers on Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:47 am

I request progress reports on current status and Ranger activity throughout Echain.

Reports should include:

1) Current number of volunteers and Ranger sign ups.

2) The Demographics of those that sign up

3) What are their needs/issues that need to be resolved

4) Number of volunteers with Teaching experience

5) Status of Soup Kitchen efforts and their supply

View user profile

3 Re: Organization of the Echain Rangers on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:48 am

There are X number of volunteers and sign ups. Right now the overall influx is pretty low, apparently because the Regional Governors and their Assemblies are keeping most of the people busy (or recruiting them to the Regional Militias).

The demographics of those that sign up are almost universally Echaini, of all age groups.

Issue 3 is non existent right now, as everyone is still getting signed up. The GM isn't even sure he fully understand Issue 3.

Very small number of Teachers.

The Soup Kitchen is doing very well. In part thanks to their efforts, right now hunger isn't a problem in any corner of the Nation, though they are still taking up the slack for some of the Regions which are still getting their own infrastructure set up. As a consequence, word has reached your ears that Plainsdale is trying to recruit farmhands from other Regions to really get large-scale industrial with their farming.

4 Re: Organization of the Echain Rangers on Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:38 pm

Ranger One to all Regions: Continue recruitment efforts. Rangers are to begin training in basic First Aid and Hazard and Risk Assessment. Volunteers are encouraged to assist local Governors in identifying dangerous areas and clearing rubble, Prioritize safety.

Plainsdale Chapter is encouraged to help out in the harvest

OOC: Issue three basically boils down to "Hey! Is there anyone giving you beef that I need to talk to?"

View user profile

5 Re: Organization of the Echain Rangers on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:44 pm

End of Turn 1.
Recruitment continues. Current resources burnt in maintaining current level of armed forces, as well as extensive recruitment of teachers across the nation, poaching them from Governmental posts for a fee.

6 Re: Organization of the Echain Rangers on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:17 pm

I begin to immediately prepare the the refugees. Extra food and materials are to be prepared to be shipped and I use the Fleet to begin rescue operations.

Ranger One to all Chapters, prepare for massive increase of population. All Soup Kitchen efforts are to report current state of supply.

OOC: I know you love to crunch numbers Lore but I am fine if you say which Regions are not able to handle a influx of at least double the population.

View user profile

7 Re: Organization of the Echain Rangers on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:25 am

A message is sent to the foreign ministry to get in touch with the US. All Japanese refugees arriving in Plainsdale are to be screened, those matching the description of anyone to be tried by the International Military Tribunal for the Far East is to be detained until their identity can be verified, or eliminated as a suspect.

View user profile

8 Re: Organization of the Echain Rangers on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:03 am

The Fleet will redirect 2 cargo vessels to Plainsdale to be Loaded and Supplied with Food and Relief Material.

Cargo Vessels will be renamed:

1) ERS: Mercy

2) ERS: Hope

The Rangers will also be using this as their flag:

View user profile

9 Re: Organization of the Echain Rangers on Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:27 pm

Responses come in from the Rangers across the Regions. They are in no way capable of withstanding this kind of population influx; the current food supply and housing allotment accommodates the existing population, barely.

10 Re: Organization of the Echain Rangers on Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:03 pm

OOC: @Lorerunner How bad is the current immigration crisis? I only pre-planned to feed 15,000,000 people per shipment from the MRS Mercy and 7,000,000 people per shipment for the ERS Hope. Is the situation Dire enough that I have to re-evaluate the initial estimate of 500,000-1,000,000 perminant new residents?

View user profile

11 Re: Organization of the Echain Rangers on Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:44 pm

OOC: Hold up. You planned to feed 5 times the total population of the entire Nation?

12 Re: Organization of the Echain Rangers on Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:57 pm

OOC: Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy THIS IS GREAT Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Gollvieg was secretly keeping stashes of food away from our people and is only giving them out because the japs came. Cant wait till i get my teams on this... jk... jk...

View user profile

13 Re: Organization of the Echain Rangers on Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:05 am

The Lorerunner wrote:OOC: Hold up.  You planned to feed 5 times the total population of the entire Nation?  

OOC: I used to procure Red Cross Aid Shipments back in Vietnam, if 1 ton of food is anything like a Red Cross Container of 1 ton capacity. It can feed a total of 1,500 people 1 time or 10 people 150 times. If you want a healthy labor force you need to feed them at minimum 2 times a day which makes that 150 meals equal to 75 days worth of food for 10 people. If you don't give a shit about malnutrition and only need to keep them alive as long as humanly possible you lower their meals to 1 a day which gives those 10 people 150 days before they run out of food. They might die of disease and a ton of other nutrition based deaths but you do what you need to.

One WW2 Cargo Ship averages out to around 9,800-10,600 tons of cargo. The Japanese Supply Ship was meant to supply 18,000 soldiers for one month with food, ammo, parts and everything they needed according to IJN minimum standards. I gave it an estimate and assume that if the ERS Hope is outfited to do nothing except carry cargo, I can squeeze an average of 10,000 tons of food.

10,000 X 1,500 = 15,000,000 meals / 500,000 refugees = 30 meals per refugee

30 meals / 2 meal a day = 15 days of food per ERS Hope shipment.

My absolute worse case scenario is that we get 1,000,000 new refugees and that everyone have to hope to survive long enough on 1 meal rations until someone else help the Rangers. The ERS Mercy was intended to build a big enough food stockpile on Isle of Grain that the relocated refugees can last long enough to tap into local fishing and work enough land to make a farm.

I am assuming that the worst shit that can possibly happen and that I can't get more than 2 shipments of food a month thus I need to support the Local Population on basic logistical planning and politicking in order to save the entire population of Echain, Refugees included.

P.S. I didn't think that Lorerunner would be sadistic enough to drop more than 1 million people on us, but I can make this work if I can convince enough governors to stop playing Europa Universalis and help out.

View user profile

14 Re: Organization of the Echain Rangers on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:27 am

OOC: I'm not going to say 'no', but I want to make it clear that with the current level of development across the whole nation, Echain can... barely... feed itself. That's about 4 million people. Just... putting that out there. Also, loved that EUIV comment.

IC: Current estimated numbers of refugees number at 85,000. Further, after some investigation, it appears that not all of them are actually Japanese, but include several other displaced people from across the region.

15 Re: Organization of the Echain Rangers on Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:48 pm

OOC: O_o Wait... are you telling me that I been floating the entire country this whole time? The hell guys, did anyone simply asked Whisky for more food in return for labor? Okay, let's see if I can fix this. Any actions that I take will be on the RED: Topic so that the other players can see it easier.

IC: I contact Mr. Jeong and have him write me a report of the current distribution of food through the Soup Kitchen Program. (OOC: Don't worry I don't need a detailed report. Just tell me which areas are unable to be run using local food supplies.)

OOC: After talking to Lore on stream I noticed that the stats I gave could be read the wrong way. One Shipment of food from ERS Hope does not feed 15,000,000 people forever. It feeds them for one single meal. Which means that 1 shipent of food can feed only feed 5 million people for 1 day with 3 meals. If the breadbasket of Echain cannot spare 1 day worth of food for this crisis, screw everything else, we are all gonna die when the harvest is over.

View user profile

16 Re: Organization of the Echain Rangers on Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:06 pm

Lorinbas approached me and offered me the market rate for food. No other governor approached me. So no, I'm having to work on increasing food production by luring workers to the fields myself.

Have you approached the Foreign Ministry to renew calls to the red cross for aid specific to this refugee crisis?

View user profile

17 Re: Organization of the Echain Rangers on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:40 pm

Our diplomat, Thorne, is working on it now.

View user profile

18 Re: Organization of the Echain Rangers on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:09 pm

Turn 2
Outright violence has broken out between Rangers and some of the Echaini over the Japanese situation. There have been at least a few deaths.
Most of the Rangers are currently deployed at Northport, along with a huge majority of the refugees.
Food is currently being zealously guarded. This is causing some issues, especially with the ex-military.
Docks are currently under construction.
A gargantuan amount of the Japanese join the Rangers formerly. These are distributed as directed. No new Echaini are recruited, for reasons that are self apparent.

19 Re: Organization of the Echain Rangers on Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:20 pm

Due to the increased tension the Japanese Rangers will be deployed to the Island of Grain in order to help facilitate construction of new homes and businesses. Those with city planing experience and those interested in building businesses for themselves are brought in to help plan the layout of the new Refugee city. Until the docks are finished to the point where heavy construction vehicles are able to be offloaded on the island, the construction is limited to Fishing Docks and the section of the city designated as the Cultural Exchange Center (CEC). This area of the city will contain traditional built business-homes that are related to the culture of Nagasaki and Japan such as historical crafting, restaurants, theaters, and inns. Safety considerations are prioritized such as seismic activity, fire and flood zones. An area in the middle of the CEC will be cleared to create an artificial dry lake bed in order to drain flood zones during heavy storms and help retain water for dry spells and fire fighting. An artificial river is also planed in order to keep the lake within a safe water level and aid in storm run off.

OOC: Build a tourist zone in order to facilitate the creation of trade goods, employ/house the Refugees and increase the local food supply.

(OOC: As Axecack have not been online for a while I can't count on him for construction work)

As soon as local food supplies are able to be established Refugees are to be transported to the Island of Grain. Meanwhile, those that do not wish to live on the Island of Grain are to be sent to Waltens, Plainsdale and Versberg depending on their preference in new lives with the promise that they help out with the current food situation first.

View user profile

20 Re: Organization of the Echain Rangers on Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:24 pm

OOC: I like how some of us are stuck with a Senate that won't work and you have infinite funds to do everything. Sad Very Happy
Just wait till my coup happens.... Very Happy

View user profile

21 Re: Organization of the Echain Rangers on Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:29 pm

OOC: Oh, it's not infinite. Depending on how the Senate reacts to the Refugee crisis, I might have to burn a point or more of wealth in order to save the country. Also since the Rangers are a volunteer organization I'm basically paying them with food, a sense of purpose, and the opportunity to be decent human beings that don't take advantage of those in need.

Last edited by Gollvieg on Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

22 Re: Organization of the Echain Rangers on Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:32 pm

OOC: One point is nothing compared to the amount of work you are doing...
Especially since you have no income that I am aware of.

View user profile

23 Re: Organization of the Echain Rangers on Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:33 pm

President Grifenknight wrote:OOC: One point is nothing compared to the amount of work you are doing...
Especially since you have no income that I am aware of.

OOC: You would not believe the amount of politicking and secret dealings needed in order to make half the stuff possible

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum