» Turn 10-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:32 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Gameplay Reference Post

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The Gameplay Reference Post on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:12 am

Here is the Map of Echain

Here is a link to Player, Corporate, Regional, and National Stats.

Here is the current list of Positions in the Echain Republic

This is a link to Echain's current Military status.

With the new changes, here is a copy paste description of the new rules.

The 'federal' side of things is determined by the Council of Governors, each of whom has equal say in federal activities.  As of now it is a new mandatory rule as stated by me that a Governor has to be an active player.  I am defining active player as someone who has at least the time to hop on and do stuff (post, read, reply) once a day.  Doesn't matter the time zone, just as long as once per day you're available.  This is to prevent gridlock but also because the Governor slots have the most activity to do.  It is worthy of note that with the (high) possibility of expansions in the future, more players could become new Governors, depending.

Next, some new positions have been created with deliberate malleability in mind.

Delegate: Someone who is, effectively, a minister of a particular function of the Government.  A Delegate can propose laws and try to convince others to vote their way on them, but most importantly have an Influence Pool.  This is slightly different than the standard Influence Stat; it has a maximum cap (which varies based on the number of active Delegates to prevent inflation), which refills every Turn.  That Influence can be bartered with in order to try to convince players to their particular way of thinking.

Mayor: Someone who is in charge of an area, or district, or city, or otherwise subset of an existing Region.  Mayoral gameplay is almost identical to Governor without being part of the Council and thus uninvolved with the Federal side of things.  Everything stat wise is at about a tenth the scale, but these stats are tabulated to determine a region's stats (so Mayor changes affect Governors).  On paper Mayors are supposed to obey Governors, but in practice this is not enforced.   Mayors have a similar Influence mechanic to Delegates; they generate it automatically every Turn, but have a cap on how much they can have at a time.  Similarly, Mayors cannot tax their own people, and thus need outside assistance to get Currency to spend on projects or upkeep.

Further, Influence is getting a few changes and Wealth has been completely removed.  Influence of course will remain a currency, which can (and will) be expended doing... just about anything really.  But it will also start functioning as a 'health' stat of sorts; the lower it is, the less liked you are right now with the populace.  Get below 10, and you're in Danger and need to start doing rolls to accomplish anything.  Get below 5, and you're at Critical and will start rolling to not have a revolt on your hands.  Influence will regenerate at a rate of 1 per Turn naturally, and of course certain actions can increase it as well.  Influence can also be freely traded as a currency between players.

Influence also serves a direct, additional function for Governors. Influence directly affects the 'tolerance' for taxes and tariffs in a given Region. A Governor can then set whatever Tax and Tariff % they want, from 0 to 100, but for amounts over the Tolerance % they will lose Influence at Turn's end, and for those below Tolerance % they will actually gain Influence.

If I missed anything please feel free to poke at me or just add it.

Last edited by The Lorerunner on Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:22 am; edited 3 times in total

2 Re: The Gameplay Reference Post on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:43 am

Posting here for long term clarification: Anyone involved in the Media business who is making a news post, I'd like you to go ahead and post it in the main area. After 1 Turn has passed, I will manually move them into the Media area.

3 Re: The Gameplay Reference Post on Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:50 pm

Oh by the way Lore. could you add Crensler as the Admiral of the fleet. Thanks.

View user profile

4 Re: The Gameplay Reference Post on Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:02 pm

I'll edit my username to reflect my character's name and rank

View user profile

5 Re: The Gameplay Reference Post on Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:40 pm

Do I have the same stats as I used to have with the first character?

View user profile

6 Re: The Gameplay Reference Post on Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:41 pm

Ssssure.

7 Re: The Gameplay Reference Post on Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:42 pm

I don't mind either way, I figure Clary would have pretty bad ones anyway, based on his biography Very Happy

View user profile

8 Re: The Gameplay Reference Post on Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:37 pm

Uhhh.. Lore. The point scaling changed again and I have no clue what it means now. Is 30 morale REALLY REALLY BAD or is it good?

View user profile

9 Re: The Gameplay Reference Post on Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:06 pm

Well it's considering several factors, including health and conveniences in addition to luxuries and actual morale. So it's, like every other stat you guys have, low. It's only that much higher thanks to 'riding high' the recent liberation from the evil Japanese.

10 Re: The Gameplay Reference Post on Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:06 pm

its essentially the same thing. 30 is normal, lower is bad and higher is good.

View user profile

11 Re: The Gameplay Reference Post on Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:15 pm

I don't want to be a bother, Lore, but could you update the stats so I'm in there now?  It'd be nice to know where I stand and all that >w<

View user profile

12 Re: The Gameplay Reference Post on Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:00 pm

Umm... I have a question, why is my influence so low and why is Greywolf the Governor of Aberisk? o_O

View user profile

13 Re: The Gameplay Reference Post on Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:04 pm

Governor Gollvieg wrote:Umm... I have a question, why is my influence so low and why is Greywolf the Governor of Aberisk? o_O

https://i.imgflip.com/1jklc8.jpg

View user profile

14 Re: The Gameplay Reference Post on Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:06 pm

Governor Bradley3000 wrote:
Governor Gollvieg wrote:Umm... I have a question, why is my influence so low and why is Greywolf the Governor of Aberisk? o_O

Is there a site where you are making these things?

View user profile

15 Re: The Gameplay Reference Post on Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:21 pm

Actually that's easy to explain; when I shuffled things around for formatting I skipped a line. Your Influence really is that low, and if you think about all your, ah, actions lately it should make sense.

16 Re: The Gameplay Reference Post on Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:05 pm

The Lorerunner wrote:Actually that's easy to explain; when I shuffled things around for formatting I skipped a line.  Your Influence really is that low, and if you think about all your, ah, actions lately it should make sense.

Yup, gorcha

View user profile

17 Re: The Gameplay Reference Post on Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:29 pm

Governor Gollvieg wrote:
Governor Bradley3000 wrote:

Is there a site where you are making these things?

OOC: Just type in meme maker in google and........BANG! magic

View user profile

18 Re: The Gameplay Reference Post on Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:00 am

What do the Int and Ext stats mean/affect?

View user profile

19 Re: The Gameplay Reference Post on Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:25 am

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:What do the Int and Ext stats mean/affect?
Int affects how much of your Taxes you get at the end of a Turn. Ext affects how much of your Tariffs you get at the end of a Turn.

20 Re: The Gameplay Reference Post on Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:26 pm

You might have to update a few things with my new character Lore, thanks. Very Happy

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum