» Turn 9-1068
Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:59 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Nest of the Koth
Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:21 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:13 pm by NMdum1

» Is The Federation in Star Trek Fascist?
Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:59 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Old Ministry of Defense

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 13]

126 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:49 am

They are of the same class. Do not try and weasel out of this. The Royal Guard might have fancy uniforms, but they are not in any way elite.

OOC:The stats say they're literally of the same caliber.

View user profile

127 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:50 am

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:I think if you will recall Stalin had no great love for the anarchists of Catalonia with whom I fought. We fought pitched street battles against the Stalinists. Can you say the same for yourself and the Condor legion?

No I cannot, we did not fight against other supports of Franco. For why should we? At this point in time they stood for what we stood for? But why are we talking about this? This is irrelevant, as we are here talking about our armed forces, and not about your affiliation with anarchist, which is as far I am concerned an statement of itself.

View user profile

128 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:51 am

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:They are of the same class. Do not try and weasel out of this. The Royal Guard might have fancy uniforms, but they are not in any way elite.

You would consider men and women who fought in the Spanish civil war and the Japanese invasion. Men and women who were considered by the King the best of the best to be less experienced than hastily put together bands of civilians.

View user profile

129 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:53 am

(MoD) Bradley3000 wrote:
Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:They are of the same class. Do not try and weasel out of this. The Royal Guard might have fancy uniforms, but they are not in any way elite.

You would consider men and women who fought in the Spanish civil war and the Japanese invasion. Men and women who were considered by the King the best of the best to be less experienced than hastily put together bands of civilians.

Yes. The glory days of the Royal Guard are well behind them.

OOC: I mean this literally, they're actually not any better look at the stats page.

View user profile

130 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:54 am

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:
(MoD) Bradley3000 wrote:

Yes. The glory days of the Royal Guard are well behind them.

OOC: I mean this literally, they're actually not any better look at the stats page.

OOC: I think we are talking manly for fluff reasons here.

View user profile

131 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:54 am

Governor Lorinbas wrote:
Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:I think if you will recall Stalin had no great love for the anarchists of Catalonia with whom I fought. We fought pitched street battles against the Stalinists. Can you say the same for yourself and the Condor legion?

No I cannot, we did not fight against other supports of Franco. For why should we? At this point in time they stood for what we stood for? But why are we talking about this? This is irrelevant, as we are here talking about our armed forces, and not about your affiliation with anarchist, which is as far I am concerned an statement of itself.

Thank you, now I would ask the Minister of Defence to retract his statement that I was acting hastily. Lorinbas admits he and his men had the same ideals as the Nazis.

View user profile

132 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:55 am

Governor Lorinbas wrote:

OOC:Surely stats should inform RP fluff?

View user profile

133 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:56 am

Governor Lorinbas wrote:

OOC:Surely stats should inform RP fluff?

OOC: I'll ask Lore about this.

View user profile

134 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:57 am

Governor Lorinbas wrote:

Thank you, now I would ask the Minister of Defence to retract his statement that I was acting hastily. Lorinbas admits he and his men had the same ideals as the Nazis.

1) No I will not. Fighting for the same goal does not mean anything. By that logic the Allies were best friends with Stalin.

2) Again this does not matter at all.

View user profile

135 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:58 am

Governor Lorinbas wrote:

Oooo. This is how we are doing this, is it? Well Mr WhiskeyWhiskers if you want to start putting accusations in my mouth and well, go at it. Your little wordplays will not lead on any one with half a brain.

View user profile

136 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:05 am

It is not a word play to take you at your word.

View user profile

137 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:31 am

Yet you only hear what you want to hear in said words.
Let me be frank here, I am not a patient man, neither am I a master of intrigue or a friend of self-serving arrogance. I am trying to come to terms with you Mr. WhiskeyWhiskers, I really am but you make it hard from me to do so.
I simply wish to get our armed forces into workable conditions, my ideology of "nationalism", as you put it, has nothing to do with this. It is not my wish to influence the army. The only one talking about ideology are you Mr., you and no one else.

View user profile

138 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:50 am

I apologise to the most wise and versed Ministry, for I was under the assumption we were building a modern army.

I now see my folly, as the military is supposed to be a proud continuation of the previous army which proved oh so formidable, well equipped, exceptionally trained and brilliantly lead.

I also thank the Minister for de facto confirming his Ministry is more interested in helping his co-partisans from the Constitutional party, the very same Constitutional party which already transgressed on the Constitution once and tried to change it.

Personally, I see no reason to participate further in this discussion, since the only thing that seems to matter is not reason, but what the Minister's party wants for itself.

From my perspective as the Director of the Bank, this only furthers my disappointment with the National Government, and I see fewer reasons to cooperate by the day, since how can the Bank cooperate with a Cabinet where the President proposes changes to the Constitution as flippantly as he would a drink, the Minister of Finance and Transportation simply doesn't do anything, and Minister of Defence is just a drone following his party's line?

Mind you, I'd like to be wrong, but by now, all my faith, personal and as the Director, in the National Government has evaporated.

View user profile

139 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:10 am

I simply wish to inform, the good Director, if he can be asked, that the Lord Minister is NOT part of the Constitutional Party. His son, may God bless his soul, was a member.
I think we all have antagonised each other enough good Sirs, or what would you say?
I also would state that we have more important matters to attend to than squabble.

View user profile

140 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:17 am

Sure there are more important matters than the fact our military will be trained by incompetent and specifically partisan group of people, instead of actual experts.

After all, what would we need competent and neutral military for, right, Governor Lorinbas?

View user profile

141 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:29 am

I did not mean more important than the army, I meant more important than arguing!
The army is one of our most important aspects as a nation.
And on a more personal note, Director did you make it to your calling to be as passive aggressive as possible? I really try to stay civil but your tone, your nonstop casual insulting of me is really starting to get on my nerves.

View user profile

142 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:37 am

I lack respect for people who lack arguments, yet insist on their vision.
Arguing, Governor, is the basis of Democracy. I understand you wish to silence dissent, considering you stand to win this great debate about our military right now.
However, I will not be silent, not when I see people who probably have secret agendas, and not the good of Echain, as their priorities. For why else would you so staunchly demand that it be your lackeys who'll train the military? You certainly haven't provided a single counterärgument to my points.

This leads me to believe you don't actually want a strong military, but rather a military that you and your party can use as they wish.

OOC: 1) bradley is a part of ECP usergroup, so it's fair to consider him at least affiliated in-game
2) just to be sure, this sarcasm is in character

View user profile

143 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:52 am

I agree with you regarding it as the basics of Democracy, and please do not misunderstand me. I am not against discussion and I do not want to "silence dissent" as you put it. I simply wish that said discussion is healed with mutual respect, which hard to keep up if you are insulated as a Nazi and fascist from some people.

I do not demand that the Guards are the sole trainers of the army. To reinstate that, I do not demand anything. I just offered their services as to supplement foreign help, if needed. You and your political cronies here are always insinuating some treachery and intrigue. What I wish is a strong, independent, free and proud Echain. I simply offer my services on the road to said goal. You can think of it what you want Director, my intentions are pure, if you wish to belief this or not is of no really importance to me. I would wish we could all work together for Echain but it seems that this is not the cause.

OOC: 1) Is he? I guess the leader did not let him off? I have to ask for that one.
2) Yeah it's a game and no hard feelings. Even though I must say I find the personality of your character annoying as all hell. The word "unconstitutional" has already lost all meaning to me. Very Happy

View user profile

144 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:58 am

In that case I must apologise. I presumed that you were against the use of foreign experts, as is the Cabinet.
Most of my points were hen directed more to them.

OOC: Well, maybe if you stopped doing things that were literally unconstitutional, I wouldn't have to say it as much. Like right now, the immigration bill proposed in Senate has several problems with the Constitution, and the moment they pass it I'm gonna take it to the Court. After all, I told them exactly what was wrong with it and provided my own proposition.

View user profile

145 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:18 am

Thanks for your apology, it is appreciated.

And I want to make my point once more, for a better understanding for all parties at this table and to clear up obvious miscommunications on my part. I simply offer the support of the Republican Guards to kick-start our military efforts, so that we can go to work as fast as possible. I am all for the fact, that all veterans within our militias should help in the training efforts if they wish to. I do not want an ideological army or any of that sorts of things.
Central will be as well in need of foreign expects and know-how if we want to get the CCAF running.

I do not wish to talk for the Lord Minister but I think this was one big miscommunication problem.

OOC: You never called me personally out on it, presumably because I do not do that much. Cool
I just read it everywhere. Yeah I am also interested how the immigration bill will work out.

View user profile

146 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:31 pm

OOC: Doesn't the central city militia consist of militia and not of the royal guard? I believe that is why the stats are low...

IC: I understand Mr.Karbin's concerns, but where shall we find these foreign exports? From what I am aware, they are all attempting to rebuild there own nations and have little cause to come and assist a weak nation in the Pacific.

View user profile

147 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:32 pm

President Grifenknight wrote:OOC:  Doesn't the central city militia consist of militia and not of the royal guard?  I believe that is why the stats are low...

IC:  I understand Mr.Karbin's concerns, but where shall we find these foreign exports?  From what I am aware, they are all attempting to rebuild there own nations and have little cause to come and assist a weak nation in the Pacific.

Indeed Mr President. I doubt America, Russia or Australia really care about us considering they have just ended the worst war in human history.

View user profile

148 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:36 pm

There was a World War. I am certain there will be at least independent experts in Japan, China, Indochina and Australia - if we only look to our region.

View user profile

149 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:37 pm

President Grifenknight wrote:OOC:  Doesn't the central city militia consist of militia and not of the royal guard?  I believe that is why the stats are low...

IC:  I understand Mr.Karbin's concerns, but where shall we find these foreign exports?  From what I am aware, they are all attempting to rebuild there own nations and have little cause to come and assist a weak nation in the Pacific.

OOC: The Central militia is the Republican Guards( formerly the Royal Guards). I personally see the stats as so low because there are so few of them. At least that is how I interpret it. Very Happy

View user profile

150 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:38 pm

Mr president, rather than deal with foreign powers I suggest we deal with foreign companies.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum