Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:12 pm by DollarD

» Turn 10-1069
Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:44 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

Old Ministry of Defense

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 13]

26 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:45 pm

Start organizing them. The details will fall to Bradley3000.
Once that is complete, basic training and drilling should begin.

View user profile

27 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:48 pm

President Grifenknight wrote:Start organizing them.  The details will fall to Bradley3000.
Once that is complete, basic training and drilling should begin.

When the budget is passed I will be building the military academies requested and training the men we have. I will also be repairing our fleet.

View user profile

28 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:09 pm

With the budget passed my Ministry will take the following actions:

1) Build 4 military academy's.
- Mrine = Versberg
- Guard = Aberisk
- Navy = Eastport
- Air Force = Northport

2) Repair current fleet
3) Build/buy equipment for current troops
4) Train current troops
5) Recruit sailors for the fleet

Last edited by (MoD) Bradley3000 on Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

29 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:11 pm

OOC: Bradley, you might wanna read Constitution, Article Eight, Section J - Military.

View user profile

30 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:14 pm

Director Karbin Cry (NB) wrote:OOC: Bradley, you might wanna read Constitution, Article Eight, Section J - Military.

There done. Sorry completely forgot.

View user profile

31 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:42 pm

I would reccomend starting the construction of new vessels as well alongside the reparation of the other ships. Other than that, everything looks good.

View user profile

32 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:24 pm

With the budget passed my Ministry will take the following actions:

- Marine = Versberg
- Guard = Aberisk
- Navy = Eastport
- Air Force = Northport

2) Repair current fleet

4) Train current troops

6) Repairing of the ERS Constitution recently donated by an anonymous source. This a Akizuki-class destroyer and will serve as the flagship of the fleet until the construction of the ERS Liberation. (ERS = Echain Republic Ship)

7) Begin construction of a new Echain-class destroyer which will take cues from he American Fletcher class. This ship will be named the ERS Liberation and will become our fleets flagship.

http://abbot.us/DD629/fletcher/fletcher.jpg

View user profile

33 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:39 pm

It grieves me deeply that the... honorable Minister of Defense has broken his word to build the promised guard military academy in Aberisk, instead of Lurem. I'm sure Luremites will not forget another treachery by the national government, my ability to soothe their concerns does have a limit.

View user profile

34 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Governor TomRP wrote:It grieves me deeply that the... honorable Minister of Defense has broken his word to build the promised guard military academy in Aberisk, instead of Lurem. I'm sure Luremites will not forget another treachery by the national government, my ability to soothe their concerns does have a limit.

I am afraid sir I made a misjudgement. The Constitution (passed by the people of Echain including Lurem) states that the academy must be built in Aberisk. I promise that when the next budget gets passed I will build an acedemy in Lurem.

View user profile

35 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:45 pm

I wonder why something like that was even written into a national Constitution, what would have happened if Aberisk was no longer part of Echain, or a natural disaster struck Eastport? Would the government be Constitutionally bound to build it's academy in another nation or a disaster struck area? The practicalities of this Constitution worsen daily it seems...

View user profile

36 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:56 pm

I imagine, Honourable Governor, that in such case there would be noone to object changing the Constitution to reflect these circumstances.
The Constitution delineated positions for many offices of State so that the National Government and the Army are deconcentrated, and aren't isolated in one particular region. Thus, every region has approximately the same amount of important offices.
For example, in Lurem, there should be: Constitutional Court, as well as Court Hall housing national courts for both Lurem and Eastport.

I am also baffled as to what does a position of one military academy change, especially since Aberisk is a neighbour of Lurem, and military is a matter National, not Regional.

View user profile

37 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:04 pm

Director Karbin Cry (NB) wrote:I imagine, Honourable Governor, that in such case there would be noone to object changing the Constitution to reflect these circumstances.
The Constitution delineated positions for many offices of State so that the National Government and the Army are deconcentrated, and aren't isolated in one particular region. Thus, every region has approximately the same amount of important offices.
For example, in Lurem, there should be: Constitutional Court, as well as Court Hall housing national courts for both Lurem and Eastport.

I am also baffled as to what does a position of one military academy change, especially since Aberisk is a neighbour of Lurem, and military is a matter National, not Regional.

Aberisk has no road network, it is in the middle of a jungle. The in-practicalities of mass mobilization are obvious, all an enemy has to do is surround the peninsular with patrol boats - since we only have four ships - and force the military into the jungle to await a firing squad on the other side. To support the prime academy of Echain there will need to be expansive and expensive infrastructure upgrades to the region which will have to be negotiated to not disturb the natural beauty of the region which will further delay the military becoming a capable fighting force. The terrain of Aberisk is unvaried, and non reflective of the type of terrain in Echain as a whole, meaning training exercises will need to take place in Lurem, the nearest area with suitable terrain - another needless logistical and expensive problem. Please don't mistake this as a point of vanity, I couldn't care less if any "important offices" are in Lurem or not, I am simply looking out for the security of the nation, but I will keep my grievances to myself in the future as I merely thought I was pointing out the obvious.

Also, the flippancy with which you will decree "no one will object" to simply hand-waving a change into the national Constitution of this nation disturbs me deeply.

View user profile

38 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:09 pm

Not to stoke the flames of discord.

I agree with Tom RP.

View user profile

39 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:11 pm

Mr. Governor, do you know that "academy" does not equal neither "garrison" nor "headquarters"?

Secondly, the same argument could be made after Lurem, whose only connection to the rest of the main island is an isthmus, which, if conquered, renders Lurem just as isolated as Aberisk.

Lastly, we were talking about changing  the Constitution so it reflects geographical reality, such as a Region no longer being part of Echain. I find it hard that anyone would for any reason object to a change necessary to reflect fact of reality.

View user profile

40 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:22 pm

As I said, I will keep my grievances to myself. I have no further comments to add.

View user profile

41 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:27 pm

Director Karbin Cry (NB) wrote:Mr. Governor, do you know that "academy" does not equal neither "garrison" nor "headquarters"?

Secondly, the same argument could be made after Lurem, whose only connection to the rest of the main island is an isthmus, which, if conquered, renders Lurem just as isolated as Aberisk.

Lastly, we were talking about changing  the Constitution so it reflects geographical reality, such as a Region no longer being part of Echain. I find it hard that anyone would for any reason object to a change necessary to reflect fact of reality.

This is one hundred percent correct. I understand you want to make Lurem as powerful as possible, but this is just an academy. Our forces should be evenly spread out throughout the country and only slightly concentrated in the cities with important government buildings.

View user profile

42 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:36 pm

A freshly uniformed Private knocks on the door of Minister of defense and delivers a hastily typed message on rough yellow paper, before he shuffles off nervously.

:Minister if you can provide me with an estimate of the number of men we can currently afford to train, cloth and otherwise supply, I can take what men I already possess and begin running drills and exercises in preparation for our new recruits.

WarWager117
Field Marshall of the Army

View user profile

43 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:45 pm

The President does have a valid point Minister, keeping our forces spread out does lessen the effect of one attack wiping out our entire forces, although it does lower our concentrated strength, I suggest we look into uncovering or re-purposing some Japanese fortifications, they dug holes and whole fortresses in some Pacific islands, they might had left something useful behind, weapons, ammo

View user profile

44 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:47 pm

WarWager117 wrote:The President does have a valid point Minister, keeping our forces spread out does lessen the effect of one attack wiping out our entire forces, although it does lower our concentrated strength, I suggest we look into uncovering or re-purposing some Japanese fortifications, they dug holes and whole fortresses in some Pacific islands, they might had left something useful behind, weapons, ammo

http://speedrun4fun.forumotion.com/ Here is the link to the forum chat. This will allow us to communicate much faster. If anyone else wishes to join you may.

View user profile

45 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:35 pm

The Chair wishes to know how the Ministry intends to train its people, as there is no one with real military experience to train them. Further, where will they be purchasing their equipment to arm and supply them from? Internal sources are unavailable at the moment.

46 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:08 pm

The Lorerunner wrote:The Chair wishes to know how the Ministry intends to train its people, as there is no one with real military experience to train them.  Further, where will they be purchasing their equipment to arm and supply them from?  Internal sources are unavailable at the moment.

1) I would request training from mercenary groups whom we can pay.
2) We can buy equipment from City Centrals new munitions factory's (under construction) or foreign company's.

View user profile

47 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:11 pm

- Marine = Versberg
- Guard = Aberisk
- Navy = Eastport
- Air Force = Northport

2) Repair current fleet

4) Train current troops

6) Repairing of the ERS Constitution recently donated by an anonymous source. This a Akizuki-class destroyer and will serve as the flagship of the fleet until the construction of the ERS Liberation. (ERS = Echain Republic Ship)

7) Begin construction of a new Echain-class destroyer which will take cues from he American Fletcher class. This ship will be named the ERS Liberation and will become our fleets flagship.

http://abbot.us/DD629/fletcher/fletcher.jpg

8 ) Divert funds to help build a new munitions factory in City Central.

9) Use the former Royal Guard (currently in Lorinbas's employ) and The Echain Autonomous Movement to train men

10) Temporary buy munitions from America.

View user profile

48 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:01 pm

(MoD) Bradley3000 wrote:1) I would request training from mercenary groups whom we can pay.

Unconscionable. I can not believe what I am hearing. We are an independent nation, not bandits. If we must seek experts in warfare, I urge you to ask the foreign ministry to approach another nation of their choosing.

View user profile

49 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:05 pm

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:
(MoD) Bradley3000 wrote:1) I would request training from mercenary groups whom we can pay.

Unconscionable. I can not believe what I am hearing. We are an independent nation, not bandits. If we must seek experts in warfare, I urge you to ask the foreign ministry to approach another nation of their choosing.

The situation has changed due to new information.

View user profile

50 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:18 pm

(MoD) Bradley3000 wrote:9) Use the former Royal Guard (currently in Lorinbas's employ) and The Echain Autonomous Movement to train men

Equally as bad! You risk creating a wholly politicised army! If we are to take this approach I would strongly ask that members of the EPANL and LPV-A be brought in as well.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum