Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:50 pm by Frieza2000

» Turn 3-1068
Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:21 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

Old Ministry of Defense

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 13]

76 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:05 am

Training they have never been called on to use.

And members of the EPALN fought against Franco. Yet we were not approached.

View user profile

77 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:05 am

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:And members of the EPALN fought against Franco. Yet we were not approached.

Read again Governor. Know your facts.

View user profile

78 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:06 am

"Because these militias have at least some experience with some having been in the resistance." is supposed to be an argument for why militia training is a good thing.
Yet - "This is for training not actually joining the military."

So, lets join those together.
An ex-resistance member can only help train the military, if he is a part of a regional militia. If he becomes part of the military, he magically forgets everything he knows.

And isn't it interesting that you'd seek advice of people claiming to be trained by the commandos, yet it is absolutely impossible for our military to be trained directly by foreigners.

I must say the logic of the Government is quite a bit beyond us, mere mortals.

View user profile

79 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:08 am

Also, the most disciplined militias are those in Versberg, Plainsdale and Lurem. Eastport, which I assume is the EAM militia, is considered second-grade to them.

OOC: See gameplay stats

OOC2: Oh seems B is better than A. Retracted.

Last edited by Director Karbin Cry (NB) on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

80 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:09 am

(MoD) Bradley3000 wrote:Read again Governor. Know your facts.

I have. In our discussions you had mentioned that Governor Lorinbas and you had been in secret talks in which he gave permission for the Royal Guard to be used. I can only assume Director Infernal received a similar message. Why were they the groups approached?

View user profile

81 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:10 am

Director Karbin Cry (NB) wrote:Also, the most disciplined militias are those in Versberg, Plainsdale and Lurem. Eastport, which I assume is the EAM militia, is considered second-grade to them.

OOC: See gameplay stats
OOC:Actually you've got that backwards. B is higher than A. Eastport is not however the militia of the EAM, and I would be interested why they and Versberg were not approached either.

Last edited by Governor WhiskeyWhiskers on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

82 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:10 am

Not to mention the Minister also promised Governor TomRP that Lurem would house the academy for the Guard, I assume for some price, even though the Constitution mandated that this academy has to be in Aberisk.

View user profile

83 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:11 am

Director Karbin Cry (NB) wrote:"Because these militias have at least some experience with some having been in the resistance." is supposed to be an argument for why militia training is a good thing.
Yet - "This is for training not actually joining the military."

So, lets join those together.
An ex-resistance member can only help train the military, if he is a part of a regional militia. If he becomes part of the military, he magically forgets everything he knows.

And isn't it interesting that you'd seek advice of people claiming to be trained by the commandos, yet it is absolutely impossible for our military to be trained directly by foreigners.

I must say the logic of the Government is quite a bit beyond us, mere mortals.

I would happily allow these militias to join the army however they have integrated themselves into the police.

View user profile

84 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:12 am

Director Karbin Cry (NB) wrote:Not to mention the Minister also promised Governor TomRP that Lurem would house the academy for the Guard, I assume for some price, even though the Constitution mandated that this academy has to be in Aberisk.

They will get an academy in the NEXT budget.

View user profile

85 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:13 am

Either way the President has approved the document.

View user profile

86 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:13 am

(MoD) Bradley3000 wrote:I would happily allow these militias to join the army however they have integrated themselves into the police.
Irrelevant if we are talking merely of the training of the military. Which was the compromise you agreed to over the Royal Guard.

The government is able to remove you from your position under extreme circumstances. We will continue to question you and get to the bottom of this.

Last edited by Governor WhiskeyWhiskers on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

87 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:14 am

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:
(MoD) Bradley3000 wrote:I would happily allow these militias to join the army however they have integrated themselves into the police.
Irrelevant if we are talking merely of the training of the military. Which was the compromise you agreed to over the Royal Guard.

The Royal Guard and the EAM are not the only militias allowed to train the Guard.

View user profile

88 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:15 am

(MoD) Bradley3000 wrote:The Royal Guard and the EAM are not the only militias allowed to train the Guard.
Now they are not. Because we have challenged you. We wish to know why they weren't originally.

View user profile

89 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:16 am

And a policeman cannot become a soldier because...?
Also, do you think every resistance fighter is now a part of some militia?

Furthermore, if the cornerstone of the military is supposed to be based on a militia not even regional but outright partisan, then the entire enterprise becomes laughably biased and military will be about as trustworthy as a Chinese man selling rhino powder as a cure.

Also, you missed the point. It's not where the academy is, it is that you show a pattern of approaching specific people in secret and without any kind of disclosure, which would be worrying to some.

View user profile

90 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:17 am

Director Karbin Cry (NB) wrote:And a policeman cannot become a soldier because...?
Also, do you think every resistance fighter is now a part of some militia?

Furthermore, if the cornerstone of the military is supposed to be based on a militia not even regional but outright partisan, then the entire enterprise becomes laughably biased and military will be about as trustworthy as a Chinese man selling rhino powder as a cure.

Also, you missed the point. It's not where the academy is, it is that you show a pattern of approaching specific people in secret and without any kind of disclosure, which would be worrying to some.

The Constitution Article 5. I assume these men and women don't want to quit their new jobs.

View user profile

91 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:18 am

(MoD) Bradley3000 wrote:The Royal Guard and the EAM are not the only militias allowed to train the Guard.
Now they are not. Because we have challenged you. We wish to know why they weren't originally.

Because they were the only organisations that came forward. Why would I have a bias to the EAM? or the Royal Guard?.

View user profile

92 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:20 am

Director Karbin Cry (NB) wrote:And a policeman cannot become a soldier because...?
It would be going against the spirit of the constitution. What power is there in the separation of duties between military and police if the national government and a willing governor can simply transfer forces between their services at will? Military equipped and trained police men shutting down protests, police officers being conscripted into the armed services. It's not on.

View user profile

93 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:22 am

Gentlemen look I am not partisan in anyway hell I don't know the positions of most of the political party's!. I just want what is best for our nation.

View user profile

94 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:23 am

(MoD) Bradley3000 wrote:Because they were the only organisations that came forward. Why would I have a bias to the EAM? or the Royal Guard?.
Are you saying you were approached by a partisan political party, one run by the director of intelligence, wanting to train the military and you did not think to mention this to anyone?

Their connection to the old regime from which you hail.

View user profile

95 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:24 am

(MoD) Bradley3000 wrote:Because they were the only organisations that came forward. Why would I have a bias to the EAM? or the Royal Guard?.
Are you saying you were approached by a partisan political party, one run by the director of intelligence, wanting to train the military and you did not think to mention this to anyone?

Their connection to the old regime from which you hail.

1) I mentioned it to the President and Governor Lorinbas.
2) I rarely interacted with the royal guard.

View user profile

96 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:26 am

Well let's see. All of these militias were established in absence of a real National Government.
Meaning they served as de facto army and police.
Which might mean there are some militiamen who want to be a part of the military more than a part of the police.

Not to mention the point you conveniently forgot to answer and that was that not every resistance member is in a militia.

Another point you don't seem to want to answer, is whether the EAM militia truly is a militia controlled directly by a single party, for if it is, there can be no justification for allowing it to exist, much less exert its influence over the military of Echain.

I trust you want the best for the nation, but you won't reach that if you fill army with people loyal to a single party, or individual Governors and Regions.
Nevermind the fact that you conveniently roll over when the President or the MoFA want something, and seem to only use your political power for outside dissent.

View user profile

97 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:27 am

Then it is the president who should take the blame for this. I thank you for your time minister. And I am sorry that it had to get this heated.

View user profile

98 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:30 am

Director Karbin Cry (NB) wrote:Well let's see. All of these militias were established in absence of a real National Government.
Meaning they served as de facto army and police.
Which might mean there are some militiamen who want to be a part of the military more than a part of the police.

Not to mention the point you conveniently forgot to answer and that was that not every resistance member is in a militia.

Another point you don't seem to want to answer, is whether the EAM militia truly is a militia controlled directly by a single party, for if it is, there can be no justification for allowing it to exist, much less exert its influence over the military of Echain.

I trust you want the best for the nation, but you won't reach that if you fill army with people loyal to a single party, or individual Governors and Regions.
Nevermind the fact that you conveniently roll over when the President or the MoFA want something, and seem to only use your political power for outside dissent.

If those men and women want to quit the police and sign up then so be it. I will not allow them to exert their influence over the army, they will be watched and will only be there to train men. Also what if I trained them using only foreign experts? then they could do the exact same thing and try to exert influence to make the army more inclined to Australia.

You really think I role over? the President often had the military's interests at heart and so I follow him, maybe it is just me used to bowing to the King and following his every whim.

View user profile

99 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:33 am

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:Then it is the president who should take the blame for this. I thank you for your time minister. And I am sorry that it had to get this heated.

I don't believe the President is to blame as there is nothing to be blamed for.

View user profile

100 Re: Old Ministry of Defense on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:38 am

(MoD) Bradley3000 wrote:I don't believe the President is to blame as there is nothing to be blamed for.
Whether you do or not, is neither here nor there. Allowing a political party run by the director of intelligence to approach in secret the Minister of Defence and get special treatment is a major failing of the president.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum