» Turn 9-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:08 pm by FreelanceZero

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1 Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:42 am

This is where we will deal with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

View user profile

2 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:21 pm

These are my current reccomendtions for course of action:
1) I will approach the UN and ask for relief aid and possible monetary funds.
2) Our diplomats, Thorne Redmane, will be sent the US and ask for relief aid or any other possible support.  
3) Our minister, coolkid, will deal with establishing consulates and accepting diplomats from other countries.
4)  Possible establishment of spy networks throughout nearby nations.

View user profile

3 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:50 pm

On #2 while I do think we should reach out to larger powers I would be weary about how much we actually do reach out to either the US or USSR, for now. Relief for now is fine but other larger political actions we should be weary of. This is mostly to avoid any Cold War Conflict finding its way to Echain soil. I do have a list of other states as well I've been postulating on close to us that we could possibly seek trade and diplomatic deals with to safeguard ourselves though.

View user profile

4 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:08 pm

I did debate this, but I believe the US would be the best nation to assist us with relief aid. They were undamaged by the war and their economy is booming. We will attempt to stay away from themy politically, but we require some international assistance if we want to help our people. We require supplies like clothes and etc..

View user profile

5 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:10 pm

I can accept that. As I said my main worry is just bringing a second conflict to Echain, but I can agree with relief aid from them.

Politically we should try for some close states like Australia, NewZealand, or China which is also recovering from the war, and the fight against the Japanese.

View user profile

6 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:13 pm

I agree with you.
We will strengthen our relationships with those nations, but our first priority is the people.

View user profile

7 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:20 pm

OOC: I imagine the newly appointed Diplomat, Thorne Redmane, is attached to this office, correct?

8 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:31 pm

OOC: He is a diplomat...
What else would he do if he wasnt?

View user profile

9 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:54 pm

Ergo... I expect the Diplomat to take his actions here, similar to how Senators, Governors, and Ministry members are.

10 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:10 pm

Of course.
Minister CoolKid, which nation would you recommend I start with, and what order should I take from there, sir?
Also, Mr. President, I may be able to help you with that spy network. May I speak privately with you sir?

View user profile

11 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:19 pm

First, approach the US about relief aid. Do not accept anything about debts or machinery, not yet anyways.
Second, approach the USSR about the same thing with the same circumstances.
If they offer anything, report to coolkid and I before you proceed.

View user profile

12 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:24 pm

Right away sir.
Now the problem of transportation. I would like to try to rebuild a fishing vessel in order to travel to the United States using my personal funds and my friend's help. Is this usage of one of our limited boats acceptable to you Mr.President?
I will also begin stockpiling food and fresh water for the journey. I will be taking with me my good friend Eric Vaigne and 2 of his people, as well as a case of Deutsch's finest.

View user profile

13 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:22 pm

I believe that is allowable as long as you dont lose it or destroy it. We have no current use for it and our military is very lacking...
Just make sure to get back as soon as possible. If you are able to retrieve any other vessels or supplies, telegraph me. I would, also, recommend visiting the Red Cross that are based in the US and ask for support. God Speed and Good Luck, Redmane.

View user profile

14 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:33 pm

Thank you sir.
I'll be taking my leave now.

View user profile

15 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:48 pm

Arriving in America:
I step off the boat in California and make my way to a pawn shop. I sell off enough small gold trimmings  and jewelry to afford a plane ticket to Washington D.C. through LAX and O'Hare. Since there is no embassy for Echain yet, I go to the congressional office to announce who I am and where I come from, and I request an audience with either the President or Congress. (My English is a little rusty and my accent is noticeable, but not heavy just so you know, but it's serviceable.) I'm also going to send a telegram to the U.N. building, detailing in short our situation and requesting either an appointment or a representative to be sent to D.C., whichever is convenient. I use up nearly the rest of my current funds doing so, so I go to another pawn shop and sell more jewelry (Running low now) So that I can afford a hotel room for a few weeks. I sell the rest of my jewelry to send another telegram back to Echain, requesting assets to facilitate my stay, but saying it's not necessary for a few weeks. I then settle in to wait for any replies from the people I have contacted.

View user profile

16 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:29 pm

While we wait on the ambassadors return I know we will need to make some trade deals for Farm equipment. I know I have been getting questions in regards to making possible deals to get Echain back up and rolling with more equipment to help our agriculture.

View user profile

17 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:39 pm

I believe I can take care of that if you give me some contacts. I believe your best course of action now is to find an area for a consulate(hopefully in central city) and start accepting diplomats and officials in other countries do we can start real negotiations.

View user profile

18 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:01 am

These are the places I send a telegraph to about negotiating a deal on machinery:
( I can get the answer in turn one or turn 2, depends on Lore)
1) Australia
2) China
3) Thailand
4) British Raj (India)
5) USSR
My telegraph will state that if they are willing to negotiate, I will visit their nation or they should send a diplomat here.

Last edited by President Grifenknight on Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

19 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:04 am

I agree with those choices. All of which are close by which helps.

View user profile

20 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:12 pm

OOC: A historical note, as we are currently just after the end of WW2 the US and USSR are still very much allies, although both are manoeuvring into their cold war positions, to a nation like Echain I doubt we will be aware of an overt cold war at this point, although we would likely be aware of the deep ideological divide and its possible implications.

View user profile

21 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:38 pm

OOC: I understand. None of my foreign choices have been ideological so far. The USSR is one of the closest superpowers and that is why I approached with the telegraph. I sent my diplomat to the US because they were the least damaged superpower in the world, so they are the most likely to give resources to us.

View user profile

22 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:21 pm

OOC: Noted it should also be noted though that even before WW2 the US and USSR had wobbly relations at best even through the war it was considered by most as an alliance against a common enemy.

IC: The Governor of Central said he would be pleased to have the foreign embassy building within Central City. I recommend we begin planning and construction as soon as possible.

View user profile

23 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:24 pm

OOC: We have to wait until the stream on Sunday.

IC: I would reccomend to wait until the federal budget has been properly designed and implemented. Currently, only the Ministry of Defense(i.e. the military) is being funded from what I am aware. I would approach Bing Crosby if you wish to have that completed as soon as possible.

View user profile

24 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:42 am

Then it is settled for now. We will await further hearings on the budget and until then I will begin planning of this new building.

View user profile

25 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:05 am

President Grifenknight wrote:These are the places I send a telegraph to about negotiating a deal on machinery:
( I can get the answer in turn one or turn 2, depends on Lore)
1) Australia
2) China
3) Thailand
4) British Raj (India)
5) USSR
My telegraph will state that if they are willing to negotiate, I will visit their nation or they should send a diplomat here.

Turn actions.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum