Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:50 pm by Frieza2000

» Turn 3-1068
Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:21 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

101 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:00 pm

The President seems to be operating under the opinion that somewhat opening the trade barriers would mean the immediate revokation of all economic legistaltion, and I want to remind all listeners that this is not the case, nor does it need to be so. I believe that the key here is to establish clear boundaries to the power and influence of foreign companies and make clear deals with companies that want to operate within Echain. While the president is right that tightening control while the companies are already here might scare them away, putting clear entrance and operations rules in place to be followed as a requirement for access to the Echaini market is very feastable and, frankly, expected of us. We should be aware that the Senate, this very ministry or any yet-to-be-founded economic agency could very well function as a gatekeeper here. An example from the top of my head would be the introduction of special economic zones or entrepĂ´ts, where foreign influence is automatically limited to a physical, geographical area.

View user profile

102 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:40 pm

When did I ever say that we should not open trade? If anything, I am pro-trade. My problem is introducing these companies in while we have no economy. As I have stated earlier and will state again, by allowing these companies in now, we will be building our economic foundation on these foreign companies. I already stated the negative effects of this. If the situation was that we already had an economy and industry, I would happily allow these companies in because our economic foundations would have already been built on domestic industry.
It won't matter what boundaries we set because these companies will be the first presence of industry if we allow them in and, as stated earlier, will become the foundation of our economy since we are currently in the phase of Reconstruction. Instead of giving our nation away for a short economic boost, give the nation a few months to establish it's own domestic industry before allowing foreign investments. This is easily the best course of action.

View user profile

103 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:52 pm

These are fair points, mister president. I'm willing to compromise and agree that this would probably be the best course of action in the short term. The question thag then rises is when the economy will be ready for foreign investment and involvement, and perhaps more importantly, who will make that assessment. Furthermore I would like to stress that it's not too early to begin a preliminary survey of companies interrested in investing in Echain.

View user profile

104 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:06 am

Re posting my actions for this turn: In the short I request our diplomat investigate this american company a bit more before we make any decisions on them, as well as doing some investigations on the home front about them.

As well I reply to the Siamese message with great joy, inviting one of their own diplomats o visit so we may discuss the trade deal in further details.

View user profile

105 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:11 am

My Actions are as stated earlier, the original post is edited and up to date.

View user profile

106 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:14 am

Thorne, Can you repost the original post to make it easier for Lore?

View user profile

107 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:58 am

Of course
(OOC): This post will contain the entirety of my actions, but may be edited throughout the week, please look at the end of the turn before assuming.
(IC) (EDITED): I look over the telegram and revised telegram from President Grifenknight and General Bradley, slightly confused as to whom I should be listening. Ultimately, I decide to wait on the decision itself, but asking that he please provide me with more information on this deal, i.e. more details and what the deal would entail, etc. I tell Siam that we would love to accept this deal, and to please come talk with myself or send a representative to the Echain embassy in our Central region. I also send telegrams to the head of the Red Cross and as many relief organizations that I can find; and again to the U.N. Offices pleading them to contact us, and hinting that we would like to apply for U.N. status as soon as possible.

Summary: Telegrams to: Red Cross and other relief organizations pleading for aid, U.N. hinting at interest in U.N. status and asking for a representative, Carlisle asking for more information, Siam telling them that we would like to hear more about this offer and that we are leaning towards accepting and asking them to perhaps send a representative to go to the new diplomatic offices in Echain's central region to discuss details in person. Otherwise, waiting for responses from previous telegrams and trying to edge my way into U.S. aid.

View user profile

108 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:56 pm

Turn 2
Siam representatives are currently in Central, discussing trade negotiations. They are quite alarmed about the recent attack.
Reports have been telegram back about the Red Cross effectively rejecting any aid to Echain. Similar reports are coming in from other aid and support groups, as they are entirely too busy right now or believe Echain to be of low priority.
U.N. offices are currently quite closed to Echain.
Any further information will have to come through Redmane and his continuing efforts.

109 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:58 pm

With the Siamese tell them that there trade ships will be protected by the ERS Constitution a state of the art destroyer.

View user profile

110 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:00 am

OOC: ...Help please.
IC: I send telegrams back to Echain asking for a course of action from CoolKid and The President and I continue to try to push into the bureaucracy, physically walking all over D.C. visiting any and every office that contains anything related to Foreign Relations and basically filling out any paperwork I can find that even remotely relates to getting an audience with Congress or the office of Foreign Affairs in the U.S. or any office relating to foreign aid that is physically in D.C.
Summary: Spending all free time pushing into any Embassies, Offices, or Bureaus that relate to foreign relations. I would like to spend a point of Influence to get into the Red Cross Offices and speak with someone. I will show my papers to any secretary who will listen and try to speak to someone who actually has any power within the organization.

View user profile

111 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:06 am

With the Minister's permission I would send a military official to help Mr Redmane as a personal guard and assistant who can help cover more ground. Also this would help with appearances. I suggest Col. Johnson here The Minister ushers the Colonel over.

OOC: You could cover twice as much ground with this.

View user profile

112 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:07 am

Mr. Redmane burns an Influence to get in to the Red Cross offices and more or less literally beg for aid. Sadly, despite his access, he is informed universally that support is just not available.

113 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:12 am

I believe it is time to leave the US...
They do not seem like helping.
Any recommendations to where he should go?

View user profile

114 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:13 am

President Grifenknight wrote:I believe it is time to leave the US...
They do not seem like helping.
Any recommendations to where he should go?

Closer to home. Perhaps India and the British embassy?.

View user profile

115 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:14 am

Britain is... currently rebuilding from the war, but it might be a possible alternative.
We could possibly send him to Australia as well.

View user profile

116 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:15 am

President Grifenknight wrote:Britain is... currently rebuilding from the war, but it might be a possible alternative.
We could possibly send him to Australia as well.

I suppose they were not too affected by the war.

View user profile

117 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:16 am

Although Mr Redmane is in America so why not travel to Canada instead?.

View user profile

118 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:36 am

The events of the battle disturb me. Minister Bradley I would very much be pleased if you would send someone to guard our diplomat as well I would liek to request possible bodyguards for the Siamese diplomats. I will also convey that their trade ships will be protected as I go personally to broker out a deal.

As a side note the US and all of its subordinates have proven to be too "big" and "important" For a nation as small as us so yes I think it is time we look towards other nations that have also seen our struggle and would be more willing to listen Canada could be a good idea. I would also liek to think about Australia, New Zealand, or even the British Raj.

View user profile

119 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:59 pm

I do have access to a ship but as far as I know it's on the other side of the country. However, for the moment I will keep on my toes and leave D.C. so as to get back to Echain. I leave the address for Echain's ministry of Foreign affairs with as many offices as possible and head for Australia post-haste, making a stop at Echain for resupply and refuel. (Also Lore you subtracted two points of Influence, and I only meant to spend one.)

View user profile

120 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:09 am

Mr. Gollvieg bursts into the office screaming, "HELP!!! The MoFT just shot Mr. Karbin!"

Before running out and continuing down the hall.

View user profile

121 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:18 am

Mr. Gollvieg, breathing hard, runs up to the phone and tries to call the telegram office. "Uh Yes, I would like to send a telegram to the Ambassador. Yes I know it will take a while. Yes I'll wait...."

View user profile

122 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:18 am

OOC: JESUS... When I said Help, I meant medical help...

View user profile

123 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:59 am

Was reading something as Golleveig runs through.

What the hell was that

He peaks outside his door.

A murder?

OOC: The Ambassador XD I can only imagine "Yes I know your in america but we need your help there was a shooting."

View user profile

124 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:45 am

Well, I am on my way back I suppose but I won't be back for a bit probably. BTW, any other actions I need to take before leaving?

View user profile

125 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:00 am

Could you try to persuade Burger King to open a franchise in Echain? Much appreciated. king

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum