» Turn 9-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:08 pm by FreelanceZero

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

26 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:54 am

Shortened turn actions (OOC):
Travel to D.C., Send telegrams to U.N. Building, Begin bureaucratic process of speaking with U.S. Foreign Relations, Send telegram to Echain requesting additional resources to facilitate my stay.

View user profile

27 Which China ? on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:28 am

"These are the places I send a telegraph to about negotiating a deal on machinery:
( I can get the answer in turn one or turn 2, depends on Lore)
1) Australia
2) China
3) Thailand
4) British Raj (India)
5) USSR
My telegraph will state that if they are willing to negotiate, I will visit their nation or they should send a diplomat here."

Griffin Knight, which China there are two, Nationalist China and Peoples Republic of China ?

View user profile

28 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:36 am

Oh, my bad. send it to the PRC.

View user profile

29 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:03 am

"Oh, my bad. send it to the PRC".

Mr President I doubt Chairman Mao or Chiang Kai-shek will have any machinery to "sell".

Both are in a war to the death.

ooc: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Communist_Revolution

View user profile

30 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:10 am

OOC: Ignore the damn statement then ffs. I forget shit man. Very Happy

View user profile

31 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:33 am

President Grifenknight wrote:OOC:  Ignore the damn statement then ffs.  I forget shit man. Very Happy

OOC: ORDER A GIANT INVASION NOW WHILE THEY ARE WEAK!!! Very Happy

https://i.imgflip.com/1htgfa.jpg

View user profile

32 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:32 pm

I don't want to slap any Chinese officials though... they share our suffering at the hands of the Japanese.

View user profile

33 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:48 pm

OOC: I question if we ask help from the USA or the USSR doesn't that mean that we run the risk to fall under their sphere of influenze in the future?

View user profile

34 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:56 pm

ooc: The USSR have bigger worries than us.

eg Making an atomic bomb / China's civil war /  Arming North Korea / Creating the Warsaw Pact/

Last edited by Infernal on Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

35 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:56 pm

OOC: And the US?

View user profile

36 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:00 pm

occ Berlin / Occupation of Japan (is going though a famine at the moment) / Creating their first rocket with German scientists / The Marshal Plan

View user profile

37 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:05 pm

OOC: what infernal said. Falling under their influence should not be a problem. This is a matter I have already thought about way too much.

View user profile

38 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:05 pm

ooc: Thats true and the USSR is trying to steal atombomb tech from USA right now. The USSR did not get their first atombomb until 1947 right?

View user profile

39 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:08 pm

August 29, 1949
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_atomic_bomb_project

View user profile

40 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:11 pm

ooc: Your right. Than what happened in 47 that made me think of it

View user profile

41 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:13 pm

Female British Agent defected to the soviet union with some Nuclear research.

First Soviet rocket. (based on the V2)

View user profile

42 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:51 pm

Greetings Gentlemen, I apologize if I am intruding on Government Business but there is some input I wish to put forward.

At this point in time, it is NOT advisable drawing the attention of giants into this Region, considering the history of abuse and exploitation in the Philippines by US companies, allowing them into the country will only result in resources and money flowing out of our Nation and if there was no debt before, there will be afterwards. Also the Soviets and Mao are not to be trusted, it is very telling that in their opening moves, they purged teachers, doctors, and anyone who is educated and destroyed historical/cultural monuments/objects in order to solidify their control over their own countries, who is to say that they won't rape our country in the process of creating a shield for themselves?

I request that instead we petition the Kiwis (New Zelanders) for assistance. They were strong militarily and during the war they did not suffer so much infrastructure damage. They also have a history of respecting Native Culture and would be many time more preferable than all other countries. I also suggest asking for restitution from the Japanese Government for all the damage that they did to Echain along with the return of the Echain Wealth that they stole during the occupation.

View user profile

43 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:09 pm

1) I understand your concerns, but I doubt the Chinese or the USSR would be willing to even care about us. They are both recovering in the war or in a current civil war (china).
2) We are approaching the US for relief aid. Their marshall plan is sending resources abroad for FREE. This would definitely help us and not indebt us at the same time.

3) I have no interest in bringing these foreigners to our country. The only foreigners that would come to our countrie from these great powers will be a few diplomats at most.

4) The Japanese are experiencing their own depression currently and I doubt they have the ability to repay us.

5) Relations with the New Zealanders is a good idea.

View user profile

44 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:36 pm

You do not even know if this Marshall Plan is open for the Pacific Nations, why would they care about Echain if they basically already own every other Pacific Island that is not run by the Brits? I seriously doubt that the US has any interest in simply giving us money. It's going to come with stipulations that we build certain things that we have no Expertise to construct or maintain, forcing us to rely upon their companies and workers to build and maintain critical sturctures. Every single law of commerce states that THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH and that this supposed "aid" that comes from the foreigners will damn us for decades to come.

If we are going to survive in the coming years we must follow the example the Japanese made. Take in foreign Expertise, learn everything you can from, and build our own Schools, Technical Colleges, and create a expert base of our own.

It doesn't matter if the Japanese are in a depression, they have to pay us back for everything they did. If not in money then in people. I have fought with the Japanese on so many more levels than anyone else on this Island, I know their culture, their people, their language, how they think and what makes them tick. I am very confident that if you let me go to Japan or send one of my Japanese contacts, I will be able to negotiate the immigration/loan of Japanese Engineers, Doctors, and Architects that they are so famous for. I suspect that with their country under the heels of the US there will be plenty of people that would wish to leave for a safe harbor especially if they can rejoin their families that are already here. Don't forget that we have one of the largest populations of Japanese outside Japan here in Echain.

View user profile

45 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:47 pm

Mr. Gollvieg, principles of economy of your private enterprise are much different than that of governments.
The Marshall Plan shows a predicted weakness in the American national economy. They are too strong.
They cannot sell their product domestically and thus rely on exports to pay for their overgrown factories.
Noone else in the world has production or production capabilities to pay for American imports.
Thus, Marshall Plan is actually a desperate attempt at stabilising their economy and allowing economies devastated by the War, which includes Echain, to recover enough so international trade may resume normal operation.

View user profile

46 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Also, look at the harsh post-war terms that were imposed on the Germans after the WW1. That led to Hitler and WW2. Do you want to attempt a similar plan and risk the chances of another tyrant rising?

View user profile

47 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:12 pm

What about India? It should become independant soon.

View user profile

48 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:35 pm

Bah, the Japanese are currently suffering from famine and US Imperialism, they are more likely to see any offer of immigration or amnesty as an act of Mercy if anything else. I assure you, give me two months in Japan (2 turns) and I will get you the people and machines we need.

View user profile

49 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:36 pm

Then go ahead gollvieg. Good luck, but don't stir up any trouble...
Nerozaz, we already have. That is the British Raj.

View user profile

50 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:42 pm

You have my assurances that I will not make the Japanese angry. Director KarbinCry, you do understand that the Marshall Plan a.k.a the European Recovery Plan does not include the Pacific Nations whom they consider inferior.

Last edited by Gollvieg on Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum