Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:50 pm by Frieza2000

» Turn 3-1068
Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:21 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

51 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:50 pm

But as Karbin stated... it shows that the US has to do something with these resources. It might be willing to give us resources, but that is up to how the diplomat deals with them.

View user profile

52 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:50 pm

But as Karbin stated... it shows that the US has to do something with these resources. It might be willing to give us resources, but that is up to how the diplomat deals with them.

View user profile

53 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:26 pm

OOC: I'll get my own response up to all of this after work tonight. Dang this thread is moving XD

View user profile

54 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:00 pm

Turn 1
Thorne is having almost no luck whatsoever in DC. Most senators won't even give him the time of day, the others let him talk to bureaucrats in no position of real power or authority, who promise to file his concerns and interests in fairly large cabinets. After a few days of these efforts and what amounts to no results, he is approached by a gentleman who smiles and shakes his hand. His name is Thompson Conklin, and he represents Carlisle Companies. They have, by chance, heard some of the ripples Thorne has been making as, he explains, Carlisle has also been having a lack of success approaching government officials. He proposes they work together; Carlisle is currently in significant need of new sources of rubber, something he heard Thorne mention askance while talking with one of the bureaucrats, and he is more than willing to setup and invest in that rubber production, bringing plenty of jobs to any in the area. Further details can be hammered out of course.

Only one telegraph comes back to the Office of the Ministry. It is from Thailand, and expresses interest in a barter-style trade. Thailand will send workers and engineers to help construct machinery as needed, and in exchange they gain a percentage of the rubber crop each month.

55 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:49 pm

Decline his offer. We cannot start depending on American Industry. Not now, not ever. Thorne is told to keep lobbying and send a message to the newly established UN about relief aid. He is, also, told to message the red cross and other relief organizations about supplies.

We are willing to accept the Thailand offer, but must first consult with Governor ChaosRyder.

View user profile

56 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:12 pm

The Chair is pretty sure that's actually Coolkid's decision.

57 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:19 pm

My bad.... Sad

View user profile

58 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:54 pm

How about his...

This is what I recommend:

1) We should decline his offer. We cannot start depending on American Industry. Not now, not ever. Thorne is told to keep lobbying and send a message to the newly established UN about relief aid. He is, also, told to message the red cross and other relief organizations about supplies.

2) We should accept the Thailand offer. ChaosRyder said he is interested as well.

View user profile

59 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:57 pm

President Grifenknight wrote:How about his...

This is what I recommend:

1) We should decline his offer. We cannot start depending on American Industry. Not now, not ever. Thorne is told to keep lobbying and send a message to the newly established UN about relief aid. He is, also, told to message the red cross and other relief organizations about supplies.

2) We should accept the Thailand offer.  ChaosRyder said he is interested as well.

I know this is out of my jurisdiction but I would suggest accepting this mans offer. This will improve relations with the United States if we associate with their business's. Thus if we improve our relations with the Americans they might look a little more kindly and not get involved in our future liberation's.

Last edited by (MoD) Bradley3000 on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I can't spell lol.)

View user profile

60 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:13 pm

There is a difference between government assistance and private assistance. This man is offering to bring in his company and develop the region. This will milk us of money and the future and make us depend on foreign companies for rubber.

Also, just because one American business invests in us, that doesn't mean the whole US government will like us.

View user profile

61 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:33 pm

President Grifenknight wrote:There is a difference between government assistance and private assistance.  This man is offering to bring in his company and develop the region.  This will milk us of money and the future and make us depend on foreign companies for rubber.

Also, just because one American business invests in us, that doesn't mean the whole US government will like us.

I know that Mr President but it is a good start. Can we really afford at this time to reject any offer of assistance?. I would simply have it put to a vote by the Senate or allow each Governor to decide weather they want American business.

View user profile

62 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:38 pm

We can get by on our own, even if it may be a bit harder. Starting a dependencies on American business will only ruin our country even though it is thr easy way out. There is no need to run this by the Senate as I will make them understand that this would harm Echain. If only I could convince you...

View user profile

63 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:38 pm

We can get by on our own, even if it may be a bit harder. Starting a dependencies on American business will only ruin our country even though it is thr easy way out. There is no need to run this by the Senate as I will make them understand that this would harm Echain. If only I could convince you...

View user profile

64 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:40 pm

President Grifenknight wrote:We can get by on our own, even if it may be a bit harder.  Starting a dependencies on American business will only ruin our country even though it is thr easy way out.  There is no need to run this by the Senate as I will make them understand that this would harm Echain.  If only I could convince you...

I will defer this to you Mr President or more specifically coolkid. I am sure you and the Minister will do what is best for Echain.

View user profile

65 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:51 pm

(OOC): This post will contain the entirety of my actions, but may be edited throughout the week, please look at the end of the turn before assuming.
(IC) (EDITED): I look over the telegram and revised telegram from President Grifenknight and General Bradley, slightly confused as to whom I should be listening. Ultimately, I decide to wait on the decision itself, but asking that he please provide me with more information on this deal, i.e. more details and what the deal would entail, etc. I tell Siam that we would love to accept this deal, and to please come talk with myself or send a representative to the Echain embassy in our Central region. I also send telegrams to the head of the Red Cross and as many relief organizations that I can find; and again to the U.N. Offices pleading them to contact us, and hinting that we would like to apply for U.N. status as soon as possible.

Summary: Telegrams to: Red Cross and other relief organizations pleading for aid, U.N. hinting at interest in U.N. status and asking for a representative, Carlisle asking for more information, Siam telling them that we would like to hear more about this offer and that we are leaning towards accepting and asking them to perhaps send a representative to go to the new diplomatic offices in Echain's central region to discuss details in person. Otherwise, waiting for responses from previous telegrams and trying to edge my way into U.S. aid.

Last edited by Thorne Redmane on Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:21 pm; edited 3 times in total

View user profile

66 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:05 am

OOC: I believe it would be best to postpone these actions until coolkid OK's my reccomendstions as I have no power to actually command you.

View user profile

67 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:07 am

(OOC): I'm aware, but these actions don't take effect until the end of the turn unless I'm mistaken, so if Coolkid says no, I'll change it.

View user profile

68 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:24 am

OOC: Okay, just making sure Wink

View user profile

69 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:29 am

Also, who said it was okay to send this telegram to everyone? I understand your doing what you think is right, but if they accept and allow foreign industry to start populating our country, it will only lead us to ruin in the future with the added benefit of a short boost of income in the now. These business men give little care about this country and only wish to make a profit. If given the chance, they would run the country dry of money, then leave it.

View user profile

70 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:33 am

I would remind the president of the governments constitutionally provided powers of eminent domain. If they were to build without government permission that would surely be grounds for confiscation of their property.

View user profile

71 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:38 am

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:I would remind the president of the governments constitutionally provided powers of eminent domain. If they were to build without government permission that would surely be grounds for confiscation of their property.

Yes, but I'm talking about regions allowing them into their respective regions to create some jobs and industry. As I am sure you are aware, Thorne has sent a telegram to every governor about possible dealings with a company we know absolutely nothing about...

View user profile

72 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:41 am

Yes, and I'm saying that without permission from the national government, we could have the governors allow them in to construct the rubber logging camps and preparation facilities and then lodge a formal complaint and nationalise them.

View user profile

73 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:47 am

While allowing them into our country would not effect the US's standpoint on us, doing what you state would instantly ruin relations with US. It could possibly mark us as dishonest and as cheater, and that would not be good in the international stage...

View user profile

74 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:59 am

Well then Gentlemen, it seems like I won't need to go to Japan after all. Japan has come to us. I would like permission from the President to allow safe passage for the Rangers in order to respond to this Immigration Crisis.

View user profile

75 Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:01 am

I have no power over safe passage or anything you do...

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum