» Turn 9-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:08 pm by FreelanceZero

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ministry of Finances & Transportation

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 14]

126 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:21 pm

Director Karbin Cry (NB) wrote:
Gollvieg wrote:OOC: *Grabs a bucket of popcorn* This is getting good.

OOC: I know, right? First WW+me v bradley, then WW v infernal + grifen + bradley, and now this, all in what, like 4 days?

OOC: It's like playing an episode of West Wing... Wait am I the token Asian? Sad

View user profile

127 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:25 pm

OOC: Hey, and I'm the token east-slavic, russian-accent one! Very Happy

View user profile

128 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:25 pm

Mr. Karbin, it's not abusing the power of the ministry, I would've hired the soldiers for personal reason without them actually having a job, it's more of a name thing than anything, I've been working hard on this job for 2 months now and I've been trying to do my best no matter what's in the way, as you have heard of the battle that just happened upon our country, I am responsible of the payment of the destruction that went down, someone just has to come up to my office and ask me about what they need and how much they need of it, the reason why it may look like I've done nothing because nothing has been brought up upon me of course, no one has talked to me about any rebuilding or any currency spending in awhile, so of course it may look nothing but it's just the beginning again, once things start turning back to where it was, then I will be used much more often, and yes the stress of my dying mother has affected by job I will admit that, but you don't have to take it out on me like that though, what happens if your whole family was in danger by a serial killer and while your trying to fix that problem I mock you for not doing your job also, do you think thats fair, right now that's in my head is my mother, and as soon as she is getting better I will start to get the mindset of that away and focus on this a lot more, just trust me it takes time for these things to happen

View user profile

129 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:38 pm

Where did you announce your attempts at hiring bodyguards and scientists? In the Ministry. It doesn't matter how you'd pay them or what they should've done, you hired them using the title of Minister for a personal business. That by itself is a violation of ethical conduct, especially for a member of the Government.

You continue to claim you "worked hard", yet I don't see any results. Except, of course, bringing us German offer of sending ex-SS officers to Echain, which is such an obviously bad idea I wonder how you could've thought it acceptable, and falls outside your purview.

And your continued claims that you'd work, just if someone came to you and told you what you should do is just hilarious, because that person who'd come up with ideas for you to implement should be the Minister.
It is the Minister's job to be active. To find solutions. To propose measures. Now more then ever, given the state the country's in, yet you are content to just wait for someone else to do the thinking for you.

Lastly, I'll answer your question about what I'd do if my family was being hunted by a serial killer and I was unable to do my job properly.
You know what I'd do? I'd resign. If you're unable to do your job, you have no place claiming to do it. Can you work as a Minister now? No? Then resign. You already acknowledged your inability to perform your duties, so you should allow someone who could be a proper Minister to take your post.
Anything else is just a show of arrogance and disregard for the good of Echain on your part.

OOC: Just to be frank, if my character's family was hunted by a serial killer, he'd probably prioritize his job Very Happy

View user profile

130 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:45 pm

OOC: Suddenly the whole building is bombed to ash! No I kid. But it'd make me laugh.

131 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:47 pm

OOC: Oh no! The Rubble Order strikes again!
Well, at least Grifen died too, right? Very Happy

View user profile

132 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:47 pm

I'm not resigning no matter what sir, I'm doing my job, I did the framework of the budget, I have came up with many good ideas for upcoming bills like a tax, but I don't know where your getting this SS-Werhmacht example at, I completely condemned that idea and replaced it with Canadian Royal Guards then to be risky and buying a German, it's not buying them under my name, when I step outta my office and go to Plainsdale, I talk to the people not as a Minister but as a friend to them, so when hiring guards for my protection I'm not buying them as a Minister but as myself almost like a butler type situation, and I'm thinking about just getting rid of the whole idea but more being focused on the scientist part then anything, it's not a terrible idea about the scientist things and it is my job to do that, my job just isn't about finances and transportation, but it's mostly what the people want and what they want to do for this country, each person has a choice to make this country better, so it's just not me but everyone, so by your definition of doing your job it's where you go to your job everyday and work on the same thing everyday without thinking of the people's thoughts but your own, I feel like your tipping into a fascist way of think Karbin, maybe your a former German spy we don't know of huh

View user profile

133 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:59 pm

Director Karbin Cry (NB) wrote:OOC: Oh no! The Rubble Order strikes again!
Well, at least Grifen died too, right? Very Happy

OOC: These assassination attempts are really getting out of hand...
But, if they did go for me, I would want to go out with a bang... or being mauled by a tiger...
I'm talking to you Lore...

View user profile

134 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:03 pm

You did the framework of the Budget? Well, frankly, I don't believe that. If anything, I see the work of Foreman Crosby in its foundations. As for the tax laws, you did (once) mention you're going to draft them... except the only tax the National Government can levy is the direct tax included in the Budget bill, so this effort only goes to show that you probably didn't even read the Constitution, which is simply negligent for a Minister.

As for SS officers, did you bring up the idea here? You did. Doesn't matter that you were forced to change your decision, you still brought that up from your own initiative.

I see you have trouble understanding what abuse of power means, so I'll try to explain it very, very simply.
You are a Minister. You are a private citizen. You have a private need - say you have to buy toilet paper. You announce through the Ministry that you are looking to buy German toilet paper.
You just abused your power. You took a personal need, and used ministerial authority to solve it.
That is bad. (OOC: said in a tone one uses to discourage a toddler from eating a piece of paper)

Now to your trips. You say you talk to the people, as a friend, right? Well, then I have two questions. First, what has come form it? What initiatives have you made to help them? To solve problems they're having?
I'll take a guess: none. Zero output. Or, maybe, they told you how happy they'd be with a couple SS officers serving as your bodyguards.
Second question is, why do you prioritise Plainsdale? People in other Regions also have problems. Some are universal but some are specific. However, it seems you only care for the issues of Plainsdalians. Well, if you actually at least attempted to solve any.

Now mind you, I don't have an issue with you talking to people. I have an issue with you not doing anything. Not acting on anything they presumably tell you.

Lastly, your accusation is so laughable it doesn't even merit a denial. It just shows how desperate you are to keep your position and discredit any righteous dissent against your incompetence.

OOC: "While I had often said that I wanted to die in bed, what I really meant was that in my old age I wanted to be stepped on by an elephant while making love." - Corwin, The Guns of Avalon by Roger Zelazny
Just an idea for you, grifen Very Happy

View user profile

135 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:08 pm

OOC: Nothing beats dying while punching out Cthulhu. But realistically I'd prefer HE Bullet from 1 mile away. Won't even hear the shot coming when I get watermeloned.

View user profile

136 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:10 pm

OOC: Going out Hitler-style in Sniper Elite games, huh? Very Happy
Or perhaps you should step to my main F:NV save, where I'm a deadly AM rifle sniper Very Happy

View user profile

137 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:12 pm

Director Karbin Cry (NB) wrote:OOC: Going out Hitler-style in Sniper Elite games, huh? Very Happy
Or perhaps you should step to my main F:NV save, where I'm a deadly AM rifle sniper Very Happy

OOC: Going out Hitler style is dying from shock as both my testis get blown away by a high caliber rifle.

View user profile

138 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:12 pm

OOC: I always go for headshots. Although there is an argument to be made that Hitler didn't have much up there by the end of WW2 Very Happy

View user profile

139 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:16 pm

Director Karbin Cry (NB) wrote:OOC: I always go for headshots. Although there is an argument to be made that Hitler didn't have much up there by the end of WW2 Very Happy

OOC: Why go for headshots when you can make it that much more painful MUAHAHHA Twisted Evil

Oh and yeah since no one has actually charged me or Whiskey I guess there will be no trial? unless someone wants to do that now.

View user profile

140 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:19 pm

I'm not abusing my power basically, I'm paying them with my money I get from the donations I got when I was working in Toronto, do basically it's not abusing my power, it's not a ministerial authority when it doesn't affect anyone else but me, does it affect foreign affairs: no, does it affect education: no, so it's not abusing but more as using them for my own good like an asset but only to my own wishes, as I said like a butler, yes I know it was said about the SS troops in here, someone told me no so I went on with myself, I came up other ideas and didn't just stick with one example like you have obviously, I only focus on Plainsdale btw is because there the only ones asking for help and not staying in the shadows like ever other town/city is doing, they call me from my office and go down there to discuss business with them, there looking for money to build an airport so I dare you to tell me how that isn't doing my job, I'm giving them advice and if it sounds good to me I'll do it, so if you want to bicker with me all night, try to get some actual good facts, and by the way the president admitted that I helped in working on the budget, so if your gonna say that I'm lying are you basically telling the president that he's a liar,

View user profile

141 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:29 pm

OOC: Can we stop talking about painful deaths and actually plan my death? Fighting Cuthulu, not a bad start.

View user profile

142 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:33 pm

Minister Wolfhub. You still seem to be unable to understand the basic principle of abuse of authority, so let me try again.
Where did you announce you're looking for personal bodyguards and personal scientists to care for your mother?
In and through the Ministry.
You used the Ministry as a tool to solve a personal issue.
That's the problem. You used the Ministry and it's authority to do so.

If you fail to understand that even now, you are either a liar and you're simply feigning ignorance, or you're even more incompetent or unaware of basic ethical principles than I dared believe, which is even more shocking.

As I repeated many times over, you should be active. Not passively wait for people to call you, but actually doing something of your own initiative.
Trying to set up an airport and "giving advise" (which is more of a disservice, given your track record) in one Region is not enough. You are not a Governor. You are not a part of a specific Regional Government. You are a Minister, a part of the National Government, and you should care for the entire nation, and in this you fail miserably.

As for Mr. President corroborating your claim of collaboration on the Budget, yes, I did state previously that I don't believe it. After all, he does have a reason to cover for your negligence, since he is politically responsible for his Minister's work and you, so far, have proven to be nothing but a mess he has to constantly sweep under the carpet.
If you truly feel so strongly that the President shouldn't be even accused of lying, well, again, that's your fault. If not for your embarrassing inability to do your job, he wouldn't have to cover for you, so do him a favour and just resign before you inevitably cause more debacles and messes he'll have to clean up.

OOC: A death is a death. There is no purpose to inflict pain on someone essentially already dead.
Grifen, you won't die by fighting Ctulhu. That would mean waiting until 5th Dimension vote and noone, not even you, can be so patient to wait that long for your death.

View user profile

143 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:35 pm

OOC: Sad

View user profile

144 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:37 pm

OOC: Okay, Grifen. We'll pick the best thing next to Ctulhu that's currently a part of the gameworld. What about a vacation on Bikini Atoll?

View user profile

145 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:39 pm

OOC: Well... as long as its federally funded...

View user profile

146 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:41 pm

OOC: As I stated previously, the Bank is willing to print up to 100 million Espada to pay for your death.
Not the funeral though. Not the funeral.

View user profile

147 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:46 pm

I'm being as active as I can without being in anyone's way, that's why I stay out of things the most part so i don't get in their way at all, and secondly he's not all responsible for the ministries actions, he's in charge of the whole branches technically if we're saying here, he's trying to protect no one but himself and he is telling the truth or so be it, I don't fail at taking care of a whole country and the cities in that country, I'm doing my 110%, but right now I can't do any of that due to you arguing to me saying that I'm unfit, maybe I'm unfit due to you, your distracting me while a try to do my work, all I wish is you to go away and let me go in one piece, maybe I'd do a little work without you being the bully of politicking maybe that's the answer you were looking sir, you can go and find the solution to this problem up you ass since that's where you must talk from

View user profile

148 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:14 pm

Oh we wouldn't want a Minister that gets in other people's way now, would we? No, the best Minister is either dishonest or dim, active not even if the Constitution favours his engagement. Even less than a useful idiot - that's the Minister Paramount, oh great Bigbad Woflhub, hallowed be his name!

You never showed any work. You never proved any engagement in any issue. You failed at every step and your greatest feat was to halt the machine of Government for a month due to your incompetency.

If your 110% is this "zero" you've produced, it's a wonder you're not actually brain-dead.

Well, there is one area I must commend you for job well done, and that is dismissing legitimate criticism.

Congratulation, for the first time in your miserable career in Government you've succeeded. I won't bring the issue of your unfitness for your post anymore. I won't ever deign any question you may have for me or any toke attempt at communication with a response, because I'd be only loosing my breath on someone who is either a crooked and selfish scoundrel or an actual idiot (I wouldn't normally use such outright insult, but you did so, hence I feel no obligation to continue with a civilised form of conduct towards you).

Know though, that I will watch every step you make, and if you do a single thing I deem wrong, a single thing I can bring to the Court, I will do so.
Hence I advise you to let the President do your job, if you're unwilling to step down. He has done fairly well, as opposed to your constant state of almost pitiable failure.

OOC: My character is laying it down pretty thick, but, once more, it's the character. I don't think either of us was pulling any punches, though.

View user profile

149 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:17 pm

OOC: as long as they don't start grappling with each other. The grapple rules in this game is 40 pages long

View user profile

150 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:29 pm

I will never give up, I will never quit, I'm not dimwitted or stupid, I'm trying my best, I've studied over government throughout my life but I didn't suspect getting this role when it came down to it, I'm learning the responsibility to it and the toughness of it all, it takes a while but in over all I know I will succeed, no matter what words that come outta your mouth, you will never make me quick, I'd rather spit in my fathers face, if I knew him, then to quite this job, you may be experienced with you job and know the expertise, but I am just getting the hooks around this one, so you can't blame me from just learning

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum