Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Turn 1-1070
Today at 7:24 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Black Scale
Today at 6:48 pm by SilverDragonRed

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY...
Today at 4:32 pm by WKC690

» PATREON CHANGES
Today at 4:13 pm by WKC690

» Black Water
Today at 2:17 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Turn 12-1069
Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:41 pm by Onyx Aurelius

» Turn 11-1069
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:51 am by Onyx Aurelius

» MCU Discussion Links - Historical
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:12 pm by DollarD

» Turn 10-1069
Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:44 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ministry of Finances & Transportation

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 12 of 14]

276 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:31 pm

OOC: It's not supposed to do that. It is supposed to provide a governmental framework to solve these issues. The things you miss in it should be in normal legislature.

View user profile

277 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:36 pm

OOC: The US's founding fathers fucked up 3 times trying to write a consitution and that's with them having years to finish the job. We had 4 guys and a week, I'm not expecting the Consitution to be perfect, I need it to be able to be changed when we need it to. The Senators are not able to do jack about the multiple crisis we are experiencing and thus we need either an official office that does so or someone that does so because you cannot afford to stop him.

View user profile

278 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:39 pm

Gollvieg wrote:OOC: The US's founding fathers fucked up 3 times trying to write a consitution and that's with them having years to finish the job. We had 4 guys and a week, I'm not expecting the Consitution to be perfect, I need it to be able to be changed when we need it to. The Senators are not able to do jack about the multiple crisis we are experiencing and thus we need either an official office that does so or someone that does so because you cannot afford to stop him.

OOC: I know right, the Constitution has some flaws that is seriously blocking the entire game, but we can not get a Senate active to actually amend it Very Happy Catch 22 at it's finest.

View user profile

279 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:43 pm

OOC: Who says the executive can't start solving the issue right now? Sure, proper laws will be needed, but that's the job of legislature anyways, in any democratic system. If you look at any Constitution, it is not that precise, and focuses exclusively on setting up the government so the government deals with other problems; that nature is also the reason why constitution has to be much less flexible.

As for the Senate not working, well, first, the Constitution was done in character, and second, it's not like we (well, at least I) expected that senators would be inactive.

But sure, it's all because we wrote a bad constitution, we should have known that people wouldn't be interested or able to play senators, we should have known about all the OOC changes that happened along the way (like the fact we jumped from 1948 to much more tumultuous 1946, or the introduction of stats).

(naturally, this gets to me personally)

View user profile

280 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:44 pm

OOC: You were, also, against us changing the constitution IC... So that shouldn't be a problem anymore... Very Happy

View user profile

281 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:47 pm

Suko Shinpei wrote:
But sure, it's all because we wrote a bad constitution, we should have known that people wouldn't be interested or able to play senators, we should have known about all the OOC changes that happened along the way (like the fact we jumped from 1948 to much more tumultuous 1946, or the introduction of stats).

(naturally, this gets to me personally)

Nobody is saying this, It isn't a bad constitution, and it fits perfectly for what early national Constitutions embodied. It just need tweaking to accommodate the actual gameplay aspect of the game. Nobody is blaming the writers - who did an admirable job.

View user profile

282 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:48 pm

OOC: Look man, I'm not saying you did a bad job writing the Constitution, you did a great job considering that we spent like 1 week with 4 guys. I'm saying that resisting to change the Constitution when we desperately need it changed is the greatest folly of all. A Constitution must be liquid enough to change for changing times and situations otherwise we will never be able to grow. Otherwise the Freaking Americans would have never gotten rid of the Prohibition Amendment.

View user profile

283 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:48 pm

OOC: It was 5 guys... I was there. \ Sad /

View user profile

284 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:51 pm

OOC: You were? I'm sorry when you volunteered to be President you kinda became Persona Non Grata and no one remembers what you do. Sad

View user profile

285 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:51 pm

OOC: I'm not against changing the Constitution for actual reason. But your change isn't a change at all. It's just a cosmetic DLC, and what's the point of that? It only cheapens the document from OOC perspective.

Oh, you want to be called differently? Yeah, sure, what does it matter what an in-lore document says, right?

I hate changes OOC, but I can accept them if they're necessary. To do them frivolously, without reason to do so, is... well, let's just say I hate OOC changes, alright?

View user profile

286 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:52 pm

OOC: I didnt want to do it in the beginning, but someone had to do it... Very Happy Very Happy Sad

View user profile

287 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:55 pm

OOC: I think he meant the constitutional change Bing Crosby wanted to make on Bill 001. Still don't think it was necessary or would have changed gameplay, and definitely IC should have been blocked.

View user profile

288 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:00 pm

Suko Shinpei wrote:OOC: I'm not against changing the Constitution for actual reason. But your change isn't a change at all. It's just a cosmetic DLC, and what's the point of that? It only cheapens the document from OOC perspective.

Oh, you want to be called differently? Yeah, sure, what does it matter what an in-lore document says, right?

I hate changes OOC, but I can accept them if they're necessary. To do them frivolously, without reason to do so, is... well, let's just say I hate OOC changes, alright?

OOC: Who says that they are cosmetic? It just turned out to fit like that because at this point in time I am the Minister of Agriculture and Emergency. I don't hold official government powers but I will continue to do what I do because no one can afford to stop me. For two turns NO ONE took any considerations into the food situation or the refugee situation except for a very small number of people that it directly impacts.

View user profile

289 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:03 pm

Gollvieg wrote:
Suko Shinpei wrote:OOC: I'm not against changing the Constitution for actual reason. But your change isn't a change at all. It's just a cosmetic DLC, and what's the point of that? It only cheapens the document from OOC perspective.

Oh, you want to be called differently? Yeah, sure, what does it matter what an in-lore document says, right?

I hate changes OOC, but I can accept them if they're necessary. To do them frivolously, without reason to do so, is... well, let's just say I hate OOC changes, alright?

OOC: Who says that they are cosmetic? It just turned out to fit like that because at this point in time I am the Minister of Agriculture and Emergency. I don't hold official government powers but I will continue to do what I do because no one can afford to stop me. For two turns NO ONE took any considerations into the food situation or the refugee situation except for a very small number of people that it directly impacts.

Just to chime in, I took consideration in feeding Central and organised transports with Whiskey.
Just to say it. Smile

View user profile

290 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:05 pm

Governor Lorinbas wrote:
Gollvieg wrote:
Suko Shinpei wrote:OOC: I'm not against changing the Constitution for actual reason. But your change isn't a change at all. It's just a cosmetic DLC, and what's the point of that? It only cheapens the document from OOC perspective.

Oh, you want to be called differently? Yeah, sure, what does it matter what an in-lore document says, right?

I hate changes OOC, but I can accept them if they're necessary. To do them frivolously, without reason to do so, is... well, let's just say I hate OOC changes, alright?

OOC: Who says that they are cosmetic? It just turned out to fit like that because at this point in time I am the Minister of Agriculture and Emergency. I don't hold official government powers but I will continue to do what I do because no one can afford to stop me. For two turns NO ONE took any considerations into the food situation or the refugee situation except for a very small number of people that it directly impacts.

Just to chime in, I took consideration in feeding Central and organised transports with Whiskey.
Just to say it. Smile

Lol that's because you know that your Region has no food sources XD

View user profile

291 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:05 pm

Gollvieg wrote:
Governor Lorinbas wrote:
Gollvieg wrote:
Suko Shinpei wrote:OOC: I'm not against changing the Constitution for actual reason. But your change isn't a change at all. It's just a cosmetic DLC, and what's the point of that? It only cheapens the document from OOC perspective.

Oh, you want to be called differently? Yeah, sure, what does it matter what an in-lore document says, right?

I hate changes OOC, but I can accept them if they're necessary. To do them frivolously, without reason to do so, is... well, let's just say I hate OOC changes, alright?

OOC: Who says that they are cosmetic? It just turned out to fit like that because at this point in time I am the Minister of Agriculture and Emergency. I don't hold official government powers but I will continue to do what I do because no one can afford to stop me. For two turns NO ONE took any considerations into the food situation or the refugee situation except for a very small number of people that it directly impacts.

Just to chime in, I took consideration in feeding Central and organised transports with Whiskey.
Just to say it. Smile

Lol that's because you know that your Region has no food sources XD

Exactly! Very Happy

View user profile

292 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:07 pm

Governor Lorinbas wrote:
Gollvieg wrote:
Governor Lorinbas wrote:
Gollvieg wrote:
Suko Shinpei wrote:OOC: I'm not against changing the Constitution for actual reason. But your change isn't a change at all. It's just a cosmetic DLC, and what's the point of that? It only cheapens the document from OOC perspective.

Oh, you want to be called differently? Yeah, sure, what does it matter what an in-lore document says, right?

I hate changes OOC, but I can accept them if they're necessary. To do them frivolously, without reason to do so, is... well, let's just say I hate OOC changes, alright?

OOC: Who says that they are cosmetic? It just turned out to fit like that because at this point in time I am the Minister of Agriculture and Emergency. I don't hold official government powers but I will continue to do what I do because no one can afford to stop me. For two turns NO ONE took any considerations into the food situation or the refugee situation except for a very small number of people that it directly impacts.

Just to chime in, I took consideration in feeding Central and organised transports with Whiskey.
Just to say it. Smile

Lol that's because you know that your Region has no food sources XD

Exactly! Very Happy

All men become wise when the Axeman comith Very Happy

View user profile

293 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:18 pm

OOC: Anyways back on to topic. Becoming Finance Minister is not gonna do jack for the country. At this point in time I am more effective than the National Government and if I become the MoFT the country will starve and die within a few weeks because there is no one to negotiate for the Rangers. If we create the Ministry of Agriculture and Emergency then I have a legal reason to merge the Rangers into the Government and we can actually do something about the multiple crisis we are having, which stems from not having an active player as the budget minister, and not having an effective government agency to respond to crisis. I only made it FATE because I dont want to be the MoFTAE

View user profile

294 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:20 pm

OOC: Don't act as if you were the only one to do anything, Gollvieg. Also, this discussion is really useless. Until we retool the game, it's pointless to continue with this debate.

View user profile

295 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:25 pm

OOC: I was just joking with Grifen anyways.

View user profile

296 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:57 pm

OOC: does anyone know when this change may happen

View user profile

297 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:59 pm

OOC: and it's basically like a restart isn't it

View user profile

298 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:05 pm

OOC: It depends, bbwh. It's possible the change will be in character, so a restart is not necesarily needed.

View user profile

299 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:06 pm

OOC: like for example a change in the Constitution or a coup

View user profile

300 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:08 pm

OOC: oh I see, so my character isn't fucked like he is right now

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum