Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:23 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

» Turn 3-1069
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:21 am by FreelanceZero

» Bound by the Past
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:58 pm by SilverDragonRed

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ministry of Finances & Transportation

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 14]

76 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:31 pm

You wont establish them immediately as that would be oppressing the people. You were given two years time to repay this loan. That is plenty of time to allow the Espada to circulate throughout the populace and allow the regional governments to make the money to pay the National government back. There should be no problem with this...

View user profile

77 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:32 pm

I will defer to you Mr President.

View user profile

78 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:33 pm

Very Happy

View user profile

79 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:34 pm

Regional governments can set taxes independently.

As for the loan status of relief funds for Regions, if Regions had no choice but to accept such a loan, it can be viewed as unconstitutional.

View user profile

80 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:36 pm

They are not forced to accept it. They can reject the funds. I wouldn't see why though? It gives them the espadas they need and it gives them TWO years to pay it back.(OOC: That is 24 turns...24 weeks irl...6 months... unless the time ration changes...)

View user profile

81 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:39 pm

The point is you cannot force anyone to accept any loan, period.

OOC: What if I came to you, gave you 1000 USD and said "You'll repay 2000 USD in a year"?

View user profile

82 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:40 pm

We arent...
Why is this a problem?

View user profile

83 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:43 pm

Director Karbin Cry (NB) wrote:The point is you cannot force anyone to accept any loan, period.

OOC: What if I came to you, gave you 1000 USD and said "You'll repay 2000 USD in a year"?

I also believe the final bill made the Bank and regions in charge of negotiating repayment, so it is in your hands how these loans will work and what the interest shall be.

View user profile

84 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:45 pm

The money granted to the regional government by the National government(if accepted by the region) must be paid back in full by the end of two years.

This is what is stated in the bill...

View user profile

85 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:48 pm

This is also stated in Bill001C which runs parallel to the budget...
We arent forcing the regions to accept these funds and we arent forcing interest on them either. We are offering them relief funds and, if they take it, they must pay it back, in full, by the end of two years.
I honestly dont see the problem here...

View user profile

86 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:48 pm

Sorry where are you seeing that? What I see is

Bill 001B wrote:A custom repayment plan (that is, private, public, or a mix of private-public funds assembled by the will of the Governor) which will be negotiated between the regional Governor and the Minister of Finances & Transportation.

I was incorrect and it is the MoFT instead.

View user profile

87 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:50 pm

You are quoting an out-of-date and non-passed bill. The bill that was passed was Bill001C. I am, also, stating the budget.

View user profile

88 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:50 pm

It's the same in the amended bill. The budget hasn't passed the Council of Governors as far as I am aware (if it needs to), is there a place I may read it?

View user profile

89 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:00 am

That job was up to the Foreman of the Senate. If he has not done so, I am unaware...

OOC: For fucks sake, if it hasn't been through the Council, can we magically push it through? I dont want to go through another turn without a budget and if it hasn't been through the council, it is probably due to the fact that the Foreman has OOC issues...

View user profile

90 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:02 am

It doesn't need to be the foreman. Just post it here and I'll introduce it to the Governor's Chamber.

View user profile

91 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:13 am

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s_Lwenw39cq2xBTcn9m973p4LQI0UKxmZ09Qvy5h_hI/edit?usp=sharing

Here you go, but I would ask Karbin just to make sure about the Foreman proposing things...

View user profile

92 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:16 am

OOC: I'm so fucking lost its bizarre, Jesus I step away for 10 minutes to find you two bickering like children, lol

IC: As it appears to be the end of the month, I will be going back to Toronto tomorrow, I have made plans to talk to them about there Canadian Royal Amry, they said that they will protect the offices of the ministry and senate at a lower cost then the Germans did, and are coming to Echain with me tomorrow and talk about the "Scientists Solution" (OOC: A mini program that's meant for me and a few other people), this will be better for us since it's not people that will be prosecuted for their war crimes, anyone who opposes that we shouldn't have royal guards from Canada please say so now

View user profile

93 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:17 am

Is there any specific part of the legislation you would particularly like highlighted in my summary of the document?

OOC:We're not bickering, we're helping you do your job. We just have to figure out what is and is not required.

View user profile

94 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:18 am

I say we shouldn't have any foreign soldiers in our soil. Why are you handling the matter of hiring foreign soldiers? I'm sure thats not even in your jurisdiction...
Also, why are you hiring scientists for your own use and not for the country?

OOC: We arent bickering... Very Happy

View user profile

95 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:19 am

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:Is there any specific part of the legislation you would particularly like highlighted in my summary of the document?

OOC:We're not bickering, we're helping you do your job. We just have to figure out what is and is not required.

Just say that it is a budget proposed by the senate. The governors can read it themselves, its not that long. Its essentially just numbers and empty space...

View user profile

96 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:23 am

Ever since a shoe was thrown at me during a conference in Southport, I've been worried, what happens if next time it's a bomb, or even a knife or dagger, I can't handle that risk of my own life, that's why I need protection and I mean hey at least it's better than German SE-Wehrmacht soldiers, and I mean it's hiring them to my own need, sort of a butler type thing, there not working for the country but only for me and will be payed from my own Espada that I earn from this, so this has nothing to do with hiring workers for the country basically so I'm in the clear, I will use them as things die down a little and the risk of my own life isn't there

View user profile

97 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:27 am

If someone threw a bomb or a knife at you, those soldiers wouldn't save you. If someone shot at you, those soldiers wouldn't save you. Nothing they do can really save you...

I, also, think that everyone is wary of foreign soldiers, even if they are only former soldiers. The Germans worked with the Japanese, so that kinda helps...

View user profile

98 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:29 am

I mean I guess, just helpful to know that someone there to fight right at my side you know then a military that could coup.

OOC: just a heads up in case no one knows but my character is very paranoid about a lot of things, especially a terrorist attack

View user profile

99 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:33 am

Then hire Echaini guards or mercenaries if you are dependent on buying soldiers with coin...

View user profile

100 Re: Ministry of Finances & Transportation on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:38 am

It's not buying soldiers but more like trading them for secrets, since I was a citizen of Echain and Toronto, the Canadian government wanted secrets about the Second World War, I was closer to Japan so I could describe on what was happening there to the government and they would basically write me an IOU, so I may trade in my IOU's for basically private bodyguards, Nakavia always helped me give the secrets to Canada so it was mostly all her help

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum