» Turn 9-1068
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:59 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

» Is The Federation in Star Trek Fascist?
Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:59 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question For The Senate

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Question For The Senate on Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:47 pm

Point of order, is the Senate hall open to the press (and in other words is public information) or considered closed session? Or would you like to notate a given thread to vary between the two?

2 Re: Question For The Senate on Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:25 am

OOC:
there should be open and closed session. Wouldn't want military secrets and discussions to fall into the hands of the press eh? Also if the press PMed me i'd see no problems with it.
Wonder what the others would want though.

View user profile

3 Re: Question For The Senate on Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:11 pm

OOC: By default I think it should be closed to the public and press. The press would need to ask us or wait for a press conference / public statement much like the media in that time. Once we have video cameras, maybe we can start publicly acting like the British parliament Smile

But for the sake of sanity and forum clutter, I think the press and public should be able to see when we start voting on something and when we complete the vote. Having all the deals and backstabbing in the press seems like a bad idea.

Last edited by Adamemnon on Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)

View user profile

4 Re: Question For The Senate on Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:32 pm

The Chair is okay with things being public or private based on choice, all the Chair would ask is that if this is the Senate's decision that hence-forth they put the appropriate tag in the subject title.

5 Re: Question For The Senate on Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:34 pm

Is the president able to participate and/or observe these closed sessions or should I not?

View user profile

6 Re: Question For The Senate on Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:23 pm

Not unless it has a public tag on it, IMO. Makes making deals with Senators before a vote concludes a solid gameplay mechanic. Plus the Senators are key in maintaining the Balance of Power in the gov, balancing the Pres for one thing (I think). We can hammer this issue out during the upcoming stream.

If anyone else has an opinion on this, speak up.

View user profile

7 Re: Question For The Senate on Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:26 pm

I vote for private sessions for some bills and open sessions for others. In the private sessions, I believe anyone should be able to join by invite only. For public sessions, anyone should be able to join by their own volition. The President should adhere to both conditions.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum