Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Today at 2:10 pm by ZeroCool

» Turn 1-1068
Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:01 pm by wolfking2k

» Turn 12-1067
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:05 pm by Spartanmario

» Player Houses
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:08 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Koth Meeting
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:07 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Chelsey Wright: hiring a lawyer
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Tyranny Coupon 50%
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm by TheUltimateParadoxs

» Warlords II: Turn Four - Departure of a Hero
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:52 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Greedfall, new game by Spiders: teaser trailer
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:16 am by RorytheRomulan

You are not connected. Please login or register

Turn 4-1066

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Turn 4-1066 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:18 pm



Spring has come, and harvest season has begun.  House Chlothar sought to attack Laventino but the armies refuse to budge from their castles.

Lord Heinrich of House Lannore announces that his daughter is of age to marry and ready to bear children.


Arcacius:
There are rumors of discontent over Arn Segal’s ‘unjust’ punishment.  Where they originate from is unknown.

Crensler:
Your agents have discovered that Nestav found a most incredible blade in one of the upper floors of the ruin; a blade that has retained its sharpness over the centuries.  The ruins are also filled with undead.

The agents learned of Nestav gaining the loyalty of two neighbor Houses, and an alliance with a third.  This has unsettled the surrounding polities who eye the ruins with furious envy.

Trade has begun into the Korny region.  You gained 1 Wealth from trade.

FreelanceZero:
Houses Cyneburg (led by a 12-yr old boy) and Hidegard (led by an 18-yr old lady) both pledge loyalty to you.  House Hidegard sends as a hostage to you their Master-of-the-Coin seeing as how their last living member is currently ruling.

House Isabjorg (and banner house Hakon) agree to a military and trade alliance.

You receive envoys from House Geirmund.

greywolf:
Lady Frida produces a written manuscript of the meeting when the murder took place.
relevant section:
LORD: “On to the pressing matter that I called you all here for: this ‘evidence’ that Lord Heinrich brought to my court.  It accuses me of conspiring to have him assassinated.”
worried expressions on everyone’s face
CAPTAIN: “Surely he cannot believe such slander!”
LORD: “He is...and he is demanding my head.”
“What!?  He can’t be serious!”
LORD: “I’m afraid he is.  He said I either give him my head or he will take all of ours.  I will comply with his wish.”
CAPTAIN: “You can’t milord.  He’ll strip us of our power and take control of everything we possess.”
LORD: “There is no denying that...not after that decree he forced us to accept last month.  But, this is the only way any of us can live.”
LADY FRIDA: “Why is he doing this?  We’ve served him faithfully and loyally for a century now.  Why is he deciding to turn tyrannical on us?”
LORD: “Enough daughter.  This has to be done for you to be safe.”
CAPTAIN: “Milord, I don’t think any of us will be safe after your passing.  If Lord Heinrich Lannore is already dealing us in bad faith and treating us with ultimatums, then I shudder to think how we’ll be treated when we’re powerless.”
LORD: “And you have another idea?”
CAPTAIN: “Yes, milord.  One that will save you from having to commit suicide.” He stands and walks towards the Wulfen Lord, unsheathing his blade.  He stabs the Wulfen Lord in the heart before anyone could react.  “Your hands won’t be stained in front of Archiphot for this, milord.  But, I will ensure your House survives...and free from the yoke of Lannore tyranny.”

Scouts prowl Runelight’s lands for any sign of hostiles.  There are none for now.  The rest of the troops are in position and ready to strike.

JaxVaeus:
The depleted ranks of those units hardest hit were refilled by volunteers answering the call to arms.  House Wulfen has made no moves into your territory.

4 turns for the Hamlet to be complete.  10 turns for the University to be complete.  13 turns for the rings to be forged.

Spartanmario:
Your attempts to contact Laventino authorities is stymied by court-appointed diplomats.  They come off as rude, stand-offish, and exceedingly full of themselves.  The presiding Moderator, on the other way, when he learned of your arrival had your diplomats immediately brought to him.  He is eager to visit the island when he settles into his new position.

Your diplomats to Chu ran across more of Laventino’s ‘court-appointed’ ambassadors.  The air in the Chu Court became increasingly hostile and tense whenever they were present.  Without their presence you were able to befriend Chu’s ruler, Fang Hai.  He promised you exclusive use of a trade town on his coast as well as a promise to defend you against any hostile acts.

You gain 3 Wealth from trade.  4 turns for the Marketplace to be complete.  12 turns for the University to be complete.

Zeiss:
Assessments have been completed.  The winding road down the side of the serpent will take 128 turns to complete (at the cost of 2 Wealth).  The lift system will take 240 turns to complete (at the cost of 3 Wealth).

Troubling news comes in from the Venom League.  Your friend and ally there, Arn Segal, has been placed under house arrest (for the crime of treason) by the head of the League.



Last edited by SilverDragonRed on Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

2 Re: Turn 4-1066 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:51 pm

Actions:
The diplomats, who face Laventino's rude and generally not very effective, are quick to not make them angry and in fact feed into this ego of theirs to manipulate them into thinking the Isles are no threat or concern to the Laventino. The moderator though is well received and intent made to him that the isles is only looking for peaceful relations and trade between them. He is promised a chance to visit the isles as well as give Laventino more wealth through adding them to the ongoing trading system.

Diplomats are kept in Chu and Fang Hai is asked if the Isles may establish an Embassy in their lands and vice versa to continue relations and create a quick link Scrying link for quick communications between the two nations with mages. if they agree, funds will be set aside to build Chu an embassy building they may use in the Isle's Capitol (name pending).

Exploring the old roads which some of the new roads connect to through the isles, Ancient ruins of a city is discovered. The surrounding looks like the surface of the moon and any explorers trying to get close to the city so far have mysteriously exploded while walking up to it. It is put off limits for now until uzario and the scholars who went to the faraway lands come back to figure a way to get to the area safely. The group is also made aware of this just before they arrived at House Yithri's lands....

While the campus is still under construction, the king still orders one project to be initiated. Ships currently are very inefficient and poorly designed. He orders the engineers waiting for the campus to finish to begin coming up with better designs and discover more efficient ways for ship construction, design, and locomotion of said ships. His hopes are these well designed ships will allow for transportation of more resources, goods, and other products across the seas and thus bring more prosperity to the people of the Isles. They are given a year and a half to finish after the campus itself is done.

Fortune Roll:
Roll(7d6)+0:
6,4,4,1,2,5,2,+10
Total:34
Two Resources improved by +3 (3 for both rolls)

House Stats:
Def: 5
Inf: 9
Land: 0+6+3-8 (Fortune and gain from silver)
Law: 38+3 (Fortune)
Pop: 39
Pow: 0
Wealth: 0+3 (Trade)
Roads now useable on the island.
Ruins discovered!

View user profile

3 Re: Turn 4-1066 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:11 pm

Fortune:
7d6 = 16 + 10 from house fortune = 26 Growth. d3 roll for resources, 2.
Resoruces:
Defense:0 Influence:13 Land:1 Law:26 Population:13 Power:0 Wealth: 5+2-5=2
Action(s):
House Aurelion, with the additional wealth fortune has bestowed, decides to begin construction of a new institution dedicated to research into new fields, the house has elected to spend 5 units of wealth on its construction.

Bern Leman Kor-Azor orders a survey of the local mountains, with the intention of understanding what minerals are present.

Leman Kor-Azor also sends for representatives from house Filbert in order to begin talks and improve relations, along with the intention of understanding local issues. There is also a proposal tabled for possible integration of house Filbert fully into house Aurelion, exact terms to be worked out at a later date.

Local merchants begin preparations for extended trade runs, as the spring has allowed for favorable trade conditions

Local engineers are tasked with the improvement of local roads, and ports. A small force are asked to assist with the construction of the new campus.

Finally, diplomats are sent to local smaller powers, as well as to any kingdoms of note that the merchants have routes to.

View user profile

4 Re: Turn 4-1066 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:18 pm

Turn Actions:
Ser Erik Von Lichtenstien will be sent along with 400 of his best knights to the Realm of Nestav to aid in the expedition.
The recruitment drive will continue, with romantic-style stories being told of the honour of serving in the Lanore military.

Finally: A messenger will be sent to house Wulfen, baring a white flag and carried by the princess herself.
The message:
Respected Rulers of House Wulfen,

I, firstly, wish to offer my apologies. This war was not started out of spite, but out of defence of your realm and I respect that. The battle of the river has shown me your dedication to your cause. This has made me consider the nature of this civil war with a heavy heart. You did not start it, but I did.

When the evidence was brought before me, I was white hot with rage and unable to think rationally. Please, consider it from my point of view: A long respected house, and ally, suddenly trying to kill you. I felt betrayed and hurt, and acted not as a lord but as a man. A flawed and emotional man.

With my apology I send an offer of unification: Join us. not as the conquered peoples, but as equals. This war, regardless of the victor, will be a long and costly affair for both sides, leaving either one of us ripe for conquest. I propose we form a kingdom, the Kingdom of Ponthos, the ancient name for this region of our world. The outlining of the treaty will be this: Nobility, from both houses, will form a council and write a constitution that dictates how the King should act. In the event the king makes a decision, half of the nobles are required to dispute the decision and stop it from going through. Your house's nobles will be first and foremost along the council.
As originally planned, our assets will be merged into one. Our militant forces, our farms, all of it to be controlled by king and council. To prevent subterfuge and to gain your trust, I am prepared to make my apology public, as well as read aloud to both of our houses' small-folk the lines of the treaty so that all may know in honesty of my plans.

Please, consider the end to the war so that we may live in harmony as one kingdom rather than two petty houses. Remember the centuries of peace we had prior to these last few months.

With Respect,
Lord Heinrich, First of his name, Father of House Lanore

The cavalry archers will begin an intense training regime to get them more experience.

4 turns for the Hamlet to be complete.  10 turns for the University to be complete.  13 turns for the rings to be forged, 1 turn until training completes



House Fortunes/status:
Blessing: +2 to Influence, +3 to Power

New stats:
Def +05
Influence +3 (+2)
Lands +0
Law +25
Pop +24
Power +3 (+3)
Wealth +6
Glory: 3

4,000 Garrison (Green) (12 Power) (Discipline Modifier -3/+3)(Athletics +1) (Armour 3, Pen -2) (Defence 5 )(Morale 9)(BD: 6) (Awareness, Endurance 1, Fighting 1)

Commander Aleksander (Green)(Inf Command, Fighting , Warfare 2)

3,000 Royal Guard (Green) (18 power) (Discipline Modifier -6)(Athletics +1) (Armour 6, Pen -3) (Defence 4)(Morale 6)(BD: 8 )(Athletics 1, Endurance 1, Fighting 2)

16,000 Levies in Training (Green) (16 Power)(Discipline Modifier +15) Animal Handling , Awareness 1, Survival 1 (def 7) (6 with +2 training) (2 with +1 training)

1,000 Scouts (Green) (2 Power) (Discipline Modifier +3)(Defence 5)(Morale 6)(BD: 3) )Awareness 1, Endurance, Stealth 1)

1,000 Garrison (Green) (12 Power) (Discipline Modifier -3/+3)(Athletics +1) (Armour 3, Pen -2) (Defence 5 )(Morale 9)(BD: 6) (Awareness, Endurance 1, Fighting 1)

2,000 Raiders (Green) (Discipline Modifier +3)(Athletics+1)(Armour 2, Pen -1)(Defence 5)(Morale 6)(BD: 6)(Agility, Endurance , Fighting )

1,000 Archers 3 pts (Discipline Modifier +3)(Athletics +1)(Armour 2, Pen -1)(Defence 3)(Morale 5) (BD: 5)(Agility 1, Awareness, Marksmanship 1)

1,000 Calvary Archers [Special] 4 pts (Discipline Modifier +0))(Athletics +1)(Armour 2, Pen -1)(Defence 3)(Morale 5) (BD: 4)(Agility 1, Animal Handling 1, Marksmanship)



Last edited by JaxVaeus on Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

5 Re: Turn 4-1066 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:21 pm

GM:
Um, you didn't write anything for my actions. I assume you just forgot?

View user profile

6 Re: Turn 4-1066 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:05 pm

Fortune Rolls:
Roll 7d6 = 35 + 6 = 41 Growth; Add 1d3 = 3 to Power.

Actions:
After the successful integration of the two new banner houses, King Valganis waits for a new month to dawn before calling the heads of House Agra, House Cyneburg, and House Hidegard to a meeting at Skyreach Citadel.

The progress in the ruins has slowed almost entirely as news finally breaks out of a powerful, massive Stone Golem blocking further progress. Court Mage Merylin has deduced that the golem is being powered by the same forces that are fueling the undead Nestavian soldiers in the ruins. This power must be embedded in the very ruins itself and originates somewhere deeper down.

King Valganis re-appoints Lord Protector Edward von Keller as an Elite Commander (Command V, Fighting IV, Warfare V) (-7 Power, -5 Influence). Taking his place as the Minister of War is Colton Evans, the son of the former and late Minister of War before the Lord Protector.

Nestav opens discussions with the envoys from House Geirmund, the sudden arrivals from the Seven Isles Union, and the expeditionary force from House Lanore.

==UPDATE==

During the meeting with his banner houses, King Valganis recieved a missive from House Hidegard about an attack from one of their rival houses, House Knut. Sparing only a moment to think about the situation, the entire Nestavian military and all of its banner houses mobilized to relieve House Hidegard's besieged fortifications. Sparing only a detour to stop House Knut's cavalry from continuing their attack on the Hidegard countryside, the combined forces made very short work of the offending forces, destroying virtually their entire military arm as well as taking the life of their sole House Lord in a single powerful, devastating swoop.

5,000 men of the combined Nestavian forces quickly moved in to occupy House Knut's now-unclaimed lands while the rest were returned back to their original duties. Nestav's forces now return back to their original duties, and the Expedition in the ruins under Varvol resumed in full.



Last edited by FreelanceZero on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated to account for new battles and gainings.)

View user profile

7 Re: Turn 4-1066 on Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:06 am

House Purchases:
House Fortune Upgrades:
House Zenna + 1d3 Power (3)
House Sonaglio + 1d6 Law (3)
House Scala - 1d6 Influence (-3)
House Skitter + 1d6 Power (5)
House Stinger + 1d3 Power (3)
Updated Stats:
House Zenna
Power 4

House Sonaglio
Law 16

House Scala
Influence 10

House Skitter
Power 8

House Stinger
Power 5
Actions:
With Arn Segel under watch, the Tip had gotten very quiet. Bern Harris had to agree that without anyone pushing for change like his son, that things were almost too quiet. Bern Harris still had to keep a punishment for going against his wishes, in fear of looking weak. Something had started shifting in the workings of The Tip, however. The Houses were preparing for war. This had been a slow change as all the utility needed was still getting done, but weapons and armour were being repaired at a faster rate than had been seen many times before. Even the banner houses were getting ready, with warriors being trained. But no order had been made for this shift to happen, and whispers began to flow through The Tip.
OOC:
Arn Radnor had been tired of his fathers lack of adaptation when he should be. He got the help of Steward Olson to motivate the other houses and Artisan Walker to boost production. Arn Radnor hopes to be ready war when if finally erupts.
House Fortune Rolls:
House Zenna 30 (28+2) Blessing
House Sonaglio 22 (20+2) Growth
House Scala 31 (25+6) Growth
House Skitter 30 (25+5) Blessing
House Stinger 31 (29+2) Growth

View user profile

8 Re: Turn 4-1066 on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:03 pm

Actions:
Training of the levies will continue.  Trade with Nestav will, hopefully, be expanded and work to secure the roads will also continue.  A center of research into various fields will be built, of Small size, with 5 Population committed to the project.  Surveyors have found a river, flowing down out of the mountains.  It is possible this could be used to transport goods, or troops, in the future (3 Land spent to purchase River holding).  Clan Grimmore suffers a minor accident during their construction efforts on the watch stations.  No one was harmed, but it has set them back a bit.

Fortune Rolls:
House Geirmund 7d6+8 = 32 (Blessing) 1d6 = 3 Land

Clan Grimmore 9d6-7 = 24 (Curse) -1 to Defense, Influence, Law and Wealth

New Stats:
House Geirmund: Defense 8, Influence 4, Lands 4, Law 28, Population 21, Power 3, Wealth 0

Clan Grimmore: Defense 8, Influence 10, Lands 0, Law 22, Population 20, Power 0, Wealth 2

View user profile

9 Re: Turn 4-1066 on Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:51 pm

Forture rolls:
I roll 24. With my Influence that has a digit of 2, it brings me up to 26, which gives me Growth. I improve two resources by 1; Land and Wealth.

I have a marketplace, so I get one more Wealth, for a total of +2.

Current stats:
Def 6
Inf 2
Lands 3
Law 18
Pop 20
Power 0
Wealth 3

After spending 3 lands to get a coastline:

Def 6
Inf 2
Lands 0
Law 18
Pop 20
Power 0
Wealth 3

Actions:
I spend 3 lands to get a coastline.

I sent a representative to meet with House Lanore to discuss the possibility of uniting our houses through marriage; the Lord's daughter for my male heir (which I assume is of age to be married too). I'll use PMs too.

I want an assessment of how much it would cost to build a port and whether it would be possible to upgrade it (starting with tiny, then going for bigger later).

I've searched the whole forum, and I find no mention of the Venom League or Arn Segal. Did I miss something? I even used the "search" option in my web browser, but it didn't pick up these words. So I don't know anything about this organization, and whether I should help this man or not.

For now, I'll try to figure out why he has been accused of treason and what he can do for me as an ally.

EDIT:Jax and me have agreed to marry my heir and his daughter, and are now political allies.

View user profile

10 Re: Turn 4-1066 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:40 pm

fortune roll:
moonsword
use all 3 of the glory to add a put into +3 to fortune roll

Roll(7d6)+6:
3,5,6,3,2,5,6,+6
Total:36 = blessed improving 2

defence =5
influences = 8
land = 11
law = 42
population = 38
power = 10+3=13 -9 troop recruiting
wealth = 10+3=13

amberheart

Roll(7d6)+4:
4,2,2,1,1,2,2,+4
Total:18 = blessed

Stats:
Def 0
Inf 3
Lands 0
Law 15
Pop 26
Power 5+2= 7
Wealth 4+3= 7

runelight

Roll(7d6)+5:
6,1,1,6,1,6,4,+5
Total:30 = blessed

Stats:
Def 7
Inf 4
Lands 0
Law 10
Pop 1
Power 0+3=3
Wealth 4+3=7


action :
recruit one lot of archer -4 to power and one lot of infantry -5 to power
power 13 - 9 = 4

Silvina offer her condolence and tell her that she is welcome to stay as long as she need or offer her a choice to become a new house but to be band to her house.
tell the commander to keep all the troop on alert level up to be give this week

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum