» Turn 6-1069
Yesterday at 11:30 pm by Onyx Aurelius

» Some interesting thing with Star Trek Discovery
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 am by ZeroCool

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:41 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

You are not connected. Please login or register

PRIVATE: First Echaini Senate Continued (Senators Only)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

I have changed the bill as per the requirements of the national bank. The bank requires us to use 80% of our budget in the next month and the bill will be using 97% of the funds. This should easily meet the requirements of bank.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s_Lwenw39cq2xBTcn9m973p4LQI0UKxmZ09Qvy5h_hI/edit?usp=sharing

View user profile
What? Why are we changing this? Surely Director KarbinCry is reasonable, and the vote has already begun.
If KarbinCry has other grievances to bring to us, we will deal with it. We choose who is on the Board of Directors for the Bank until 1950, so we have a bargaining chip.
Besides, we already started voting. And the Senate cannot be a pushover.
Please remove these additions and continue with the vote.

Last edited by Adamemnon on Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more)

View user profile
Adamemnon wrote:What? Why are we changing this? Surely Director KarbinCry is reasonable, and the vote has already begun.
If KarbinCry has other grievances to bring to us, we will deal with it. We choose who is on the Board of Directors for the Bank until 1950, so we have a bargaining chip.
Besides, we already started voting. And the Senate cannot be a pushover.
Please remove these additions and continue with the vote.

No. Karbin has already stated that one month has passed without our use of the money and that we must use at least 80% of the budget. If we do not, he will find other means to spread the wealth.

OOC: He's essentially screwing us over since he gave us the 100M at the end of the last turn and the fact that all of senators have gone missing.

View user profile
Sadly enough I can't vote on this bill, I felt like I have been the only senator here for the most part

View user profile
OOC: You may not trust me, but I am actually reasonable and I always wanted, IC and OOC, to distribute all 250 million through the national budget. However, I, again, IC and OOC, think we just have to put espada on the street as fast as possible.
After all, I've used this situation quite differently than to directly pressure the Government. I, IC, don't really profit in any way by forcing you to spend as much as possible in the first month, and that's the only thing I do so that you release the money to the people. If anything, I actually help right now, because I'm making the situation more urgent, wielding a larger stick this time (because I figured an alternative way of distributing money, and it is through the Regions, so all the centralists - most of NatGov - have even more at stake).
That being said, if after this month not enough espada is circulating, the total amount of money I'll release through National Government will be lessened, because my objective is simply get the currency amongst the people.

View user profile
OOC: It won't matter if NOBODY WILL VOTE ON THE DAMN BILL. For fucks sake...

Literally everyone has disappeared and the only people that have said anything are Adam and thebigbadwolfhub... and his wasn't even a vote...

View user profile
Fine. We will deal with KarbinCry later.
Either way, I urge all Senators to vote on this

OOC: Please be patient for IRL time. Not even the NPC Senators have voted.

View user profile
Adamemnon wrote:Fine. We will deal with KarbinCry later.
Either way, I urge all Senators to vote on this

OOC: Please be patient for IRL time. Not even the NPC Senators have voted.

OOC: 1) There is only 1 NPC senator left.
2) The bill has been up for longer than 24 hours.
3) Only 2 senators have said anything about the bill...

View user profile
OOC: I suggest, if noone votes till Sunday, to ask Lorerunner to just Word of God this.
While we wait, I suggest making other laws you feel are important, so that the whole Government is not "blocked" by one bill.

View user profile
Director Karbin Cry (NB) wrote:OOC: I suggest, if noone votes till Sunday, to ask Lorerunner to just Word of God this.
While we wait, I suggest making other laws you feel are important, so that the whole Government is not "blocked" by one bill.

OOC: Sorry for writing here but I REALLY need a budget to be able to build up the army I would ask Lore to intercede by Friday so others (like me) can actually have a turn action.

View user profile
Director Karbin Cry (NB) wrote:OOC: I suggest, if noone votes till Sunday, to ask Lorerunner to just Word of God this.

We cant make other laws if nobody is here to vote on them...

View user profile
OOC: But you can write them up, discuss them, refine them so they are ready to be voted on. At least you'll have more fun with the game than waiting, or arguing over waiting.

View user profile
OOC: I'm sorry that I haven't been able to help steer through the shitstorm, but I've been roped into some professional development stuff for work IRL. I probably won't be able to participate until later tonight or early tomorrow morning. I know the timing is bad, but I'll get back as soon as I can.

View user profile
OOC: also, Grifen knows my politics and how I vote, so he may use my senatorial vote in my absence, just so the game doesn't stall because senators aren't able to play.

View user profile
Senator Bing Crosby (FoS) wrote:OOC: also, Grifen knows my politics and how I vote, so he may use my senatorial vote in my absence, just so the game doesn't stall because senators aren't able to play.

OOC: I dont think that is necessary, but thanks for the offer. Very Happy

View user profile
OOC: grifinknight, the Eternal Surrogate Very Happy

View user profile
In the meantime, I suggest pinning the results of the current vote and moving on to the Japanese Immigration crisis.
It is a good thing that Director KarbinCry had us change the bill to disburse more money quicker. This will certainly help governors deal with the immigrant crisis.
My thanks.

I suggest drawing up a list of requirements for governors and the people to follow when dealing with these immigrants. I do not think our nation can handle the influx of people at this time without serious undertaking. I will post an outline regarding this issue tonight, but consider it an open floor.
I think moving the Japanese Immigrant discussion to a public room would also be a good idea. We need the Ministers and Governors to hear what we say and approach this issue with the same goals.

Last edited by Adamemnon on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more)

View user profile
What'd i miss?

View user profile
OOC: Just read the thread...

View user profile
yay on bill.

View user profile
So I believe...
It is 3 for, 0 against and 0 abstain...
One more vote to go...

View user profile
Senators of the Senate.

I have two major concerns that we need to speak about in the upcoming days. (ooc: after this bill)

My first concern is about the state of the world. As we all know the defeat of Japan is great news in my eyes but now we have "Refugees" to deal with. What if these people come here to enslave us once again? I for one have no doubts that these "Refugees" are nothing more then a burden on our economy. with this I propose we need to cast these "Refugees" out of the country as soon as bloody possible before its too late.

The second and most troubling thing is the weapon used in the fight against Japan. I know some of us might be interested in war. But how do we know these weapons wont be used against us?
I suggest investing in the airstrip left by the Japanese oppressors and create a military airport here. We could make and airfleet that can be used as extra security for our country. We could also make part of it "Civilian" to get cashflow from trading.

This and many more remarks and suggestions in the future.

I thank the senate for the attention and I sincerely hope the senate thinks hard about this.

Senator Killerbean leaves the talking booth and takes his seat.

View user profile
Yay, if I haven't been included in the three

View user profile
That should be 4 votes for giving us a majority.

The budget has passed. Efforts to spread the funds will begin immediately.

OOC: FINALLY Very Happy

View user profile
OOC which budget? The last one you proposed, Griffen?

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum