» Turn 6-1069
Yesterday at 11:30 pm by Onyx Aurelius

» Some interesting thing with Star Trek Discovery
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 am by ZeroCool

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:41 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

You are not connected. Please login or register

PRIVATE: First Echaini Senate Continued (Senators Only)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

The one I proposed.

View user profile
One thing we did not consider: Federal Improvements.
We will need money to build those and those are one of the few unique functions the Senate has. We need to ensure we have the funds to make these happen in the near future.

View user profile
I drew up a bill to help deal with the immigration crisis.
I suggest we pass a bill regarding this issue before the end of the month.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D0RdOXEMqQpZc4FrbrzoNkf9LX3y9C91DqZvzFCrjZI/edit?usp=sharing

View user profile
OOC: Please, approve this. I'd like to see how the Constitutional Court will work.

View user profile
This is an interesting bill. I have a few concerns.

1) You state in the path to citizenship that potential citizens must not have prior citizenship, but doesn't everyone have citizenship somewhere? Do you mean persons must denounce prior citizenship?
2) Which potential citizens have access to government resources? Which persons must pay taxes under the law?
3) Should we employ a vetting process to ensure that persons who seek citizenship denounce values of their home countries if said values are incompatible with Echaini values? That is to say, shall we make a provision that states persons who seek citizenship must espouse egalitarian, libertarian, secular, and humanistic values, so that we don't adopt potentially millions of persons who espouse theocracy, social stratification, or deep sectarianism?

View user profile
My concerns aside, I am very close to supporting and sponsoring this bill. I applaud the gentleman for drafting such a fair and equitable bill.

View user profile
I agree with Senator Bing Crosby. Once the points raised by him have been clarified. However I support freedom of speech and forcing anyone to espouse government rhetoric will lead to situations like what we faced in the occupation. The promotion of critical thinking will only empower the current and future citizens of The Echain.

View user profile
As I will be gone this weekend for the most part,(OOC: I may jump on a few times during the day) the bill that Adam proposed to the senate, My vote will be Yay as of in the future when it comes time to vote.

View user profile
Adamemnon wrote:I drew up a bill to help deal with the immigration crisis.
I suggest we pass a bill regarding this issue before the end of the month.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D0RdOXEMqQpZc4FrbrzoNkf9LX3y9C91DqZvzFCrjZI/edit?usp=sharing

This bill is interesting. However I would like to see to see that if a crime with the punishment of 5+ years is committed by the foreigner that they can and must be banished from the country. Until we agree on something like this, my vote is nay. I dont want foreigners here. Echain first gosh darnit!

Also foreigners with crimes on their criminal record should not be elligible to stay here at all!

View user profile
I am glad the Senate entrusts the words of a man with Japanese heritage to write a bill pertaining to the Japanese Immigration issue.

Here is the most recently edited bill:

View user profile
I would also like to bring to the attention of all Senators and the President that Echain cannot supply the people incoming during this Japanese Immigration Crisis with food, provisions, or housing. We need to stop this immigration by diverting it to the countries on the Continent.

I suggest we move swiftly on this point and send out a national mandate with a cap on how many we can take in. If the Governors do not see the necessity for this action, our children will starve.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ECj02QMwm5VbPffpZCEOMAKQW6L2Vfvbr9rxPwGcNog/edit?usp=sharing

View user profile
Article 2 provision E: 'Foreigners having committed a crime earning at least 5 year in prison as per Echain law within the past 15 years are not allowed to reside in Echain in any capacity.'

Article 3 provision C: 'Should a foreigner who gained Citizenship commit a crime whose sentence can be 5+ years in prison within 10 years of gaining Citizenship, that foreigner shall have their Citizenship revoked and they will be banished from Echain.'

Article 3 provision D: 'Should an Asylum Seeker, Displaced Person, Resident, or Refugee commit a crime whose sentence can be 5+ years in prison, they and their dependents will be banished from Echain.'

I think that covers your concerns, Senator Killerbean?

View user profile
Adamemnon wrote:Article 2 provision E: 'Foreigners having committed a crime earning at least 5 year in prison as per Echain law within the past 15 years are not allowed to reside in Echain in any capacity.'

Article 3 provision C: 'Should a foreigner who gained Citizenship commit a crime whose sentence can be 5+ years in prison within 10 years of gaining Citizenship, that foreigner shall have their Citizenship revoked and they will be banished from Echain.'

Article 3 provision D: 'Should an Asylum Seeker, Displaced Person, Resident, or Refugee commit a crime whose sentence can be 5+ years in prison, they and their dependents will be banished from Echain.'

I think that covers your concerns, Senator Killerbean?

It would seem I read over it. It seems fine to me now. If I saw correctly, you also said criminals with 1+ year punishable crimes as per Echain law could also not apply for citizenship. I like this too. Now my vote is yay. On both bills by the by.

ooc: GG

View user profile
Senator Adememnon I have a few concerns after reading your draft of Bill 005C. The first being Article 2F and 3B, specifically about the refugee's being fined if they are unable to find employment within 3 months. I think the families are dealing with enough stress without this bill adding more. After all these people have come to our country to seek a better life and they won't be as naive to think it will be given to them.

Also with the promotion of Echain led businesses in this county would it be wrong to assume many may carry prejudice against those from the nation that occupied and mistreat us for so long? Without measures in place to prevent workplace discrimination I cannot in goodwill vote yes on this bill.

View user profile
Senator Kirky, while I appreciate your faith in humanity in thinking they will expect to not be cared for forever and for free, my time in work camps amongst the most desperate of humanity has shown me otherwise. The fine after 3 months is to ensure the relevant persons are not a burden on the nation and especially their governor.
Especially since Echain is still experiencing its birth pains, we cannot afford to have a mob of displaced foreigners taking resources from Echainians without putting resources back in.

Anti-discrimination laws would be outside the goal of this bill. These could be introduced in a different bill in the future. And the Bill of Inalienable Rights still provides some protection to these people.

View user profile
Adamemnon wrote:Senator Kirky, while I appreciate your faith in humanity in thinking they will expect to not be cared for forever and for free, my time in work camps amongst the most desperate of humanity has shown me otherwise. The fine after 3 months is to ensure the relevant persons are not a burden on the nation and especially their governor.
Especially since Echain is still experiencing its birth pains, we cannot afford to have a mob of displaced foreigners taking resources from Echainians without putting resources back in.

Anti-discrimination laws would be outside the goal of this bill. These could be introduced in a different bill in the future. And the Bill of Inalienable Rights still provides some protection to these people.

PREECH

View user profile
I haven't heard from any other Senators.
If there is no objections, shall we put both or either Bill 005C and the Mandate to a vote?

View user profile
Sure

View user profile
Adamemnon wrote:Senator Kirky, while I appreciate your faith in humanity in thinking they will expect to not be cared for forever and for free, my time in work camps amongst the most desperate of humanity has shown me otherwise. The fine after 3 months is to ensure the relevant persons are not a burden on the nation and especially their governor.

My commiserations for what you endured in the work camps Senator Adamemnon, however those were different circumstances to what we now face. This is the first true moral dilemma our of young government has faced and I believe it will improve our international relations to demonstrate how the occupation has forged us into a morally strong people. We should encourage the refugees integration into our society rather than force it through prosecution.

Now the Bill of Inalienable Rights do provide some protection, however is it deemed a "Corporate Punishment" not to be hired? I appreciate the hard work and effort you have put into this bill but my vote will still be no, I do see the bill being passed and an Anti-Discrimination bill will be on my agenda in the coming month.

View user profile
With all though respect Kirky. But our country cannot handle the influx of refugees. I'd rather have this then people who take too long to intergrate and be a burden too our glorious country.

View user profile
My vote is Yay

View user profile
Yay and yay. And senators of the senate... I think we can agree Kirky is too idialistic.

View user profile
OOC: Someone has to be the idealist

View user profile
Senator Kirky wrote:OOC: Someone has to be the idealist

OOC: i know bro

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum