Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Some interesting thing with Star Trek Discovery
Today at 3:23 am by ZeroCool

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Yesterday at 5:41 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

» Turn 3-1069
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:21 am by FreelanceZero

You are not connected. Please login or register

National Bank of Echain

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 National Bank of Echain on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:35 am

Preface

After the current budgetary fiasco, legal experts of the Bank were pressed to determine the exact nature of the Bank under the Constitution, its responsibilities and capabilities.
Since the Government proved unable to fulfil the needs of the Bank, and often being outright ignorant, the Bank has decided to lessen its ties to the Government to their constitutional limit.
This means the Bank will be self-funded and will make decisions independently.
We do see the need to cooperate with the Government, and believe that one day our Nation will have a Minister of Finance and Transportation who isn't solely focused on a couple roads in Plainsdale.
Hence, we will also detail how the Bank will communicate with the Government.

Status of the Bank

The Bank has, so far, believed it to be the responsibility of the Ministry of Finance and Transportation to fund its mission.
The Bank has, so far, believed the National Government to be able to act to strengthen Espada and to hear the proposals of the Bank, yet they fell on deaf ears.

This leads the Bank to formally emancipate itself. It cannot reasonably rely on the Government to do what is best for the Espada.
The Constitution predicted this, when it allowed the Bank to be an independent public corporation.

Hence, the Bank will fund itself, and any measures perceived by it as absolutely necessary.

Structure of the Bank

The National Bank has the following subsidiaries:

National Lottery
To distribute newly minted Espada.

However, two more subsidiaries are to be created:

Espada Foundation
Think-tank funded by the Bank, whose job it is to make policy analysis and suggestion pertaining to the economy of Echain. We welcome representatives of Regional Governments, as well as of the National Government, to join the Foundation.
It is supposed to be the central node of Bank-Government communication and cooperation.

Kautschukbund
Corporation promoting the production of rubber as well as buying rubber for new Espada and selling it.
This is necessary for the Equivalent Basket to work, and was proposed to the National Government, yet ignored.
The Bank will give certain rights pertaining to it to the following, if the Bank's conditions are met:
- The National Government may get 60% of the profits if it gives Kautschukbund a monopoly on the sale of rubber to abroad
- The Regional Government of Versberg may get 20% of the profits if it defers in policies concerning rubber to the Bank (meaning provisions concerning rubber would have to be at least consulted with the Bank).

Funding of the Bank

Bank will hereby use Mint and Kautschukbund profits to fund itself, since it cannot rely on the Ministry of Finance.
Hence, the Bank will mint further 10 million Espada and put it toward its Budget.

This money will be spent this way (quantities in thousands):
--- for the Director's salary (for 4 years)
--- for buying cheap offices in Plainsdale (Plainsdale) to serve as de iure headquarters
--- for building a Vault in Versberg (Versberg)
--- for building, buying and renovating depots for crude rubber in Versberg (Versberg), Kautschukhof (Versberg), Wormatia (Versberg) and Mimamikoen (Versberg)
--- for buying suitable offices in Singapore
--- for funding infrastructure for rubber production (roads, new settlements, port, cars,...)
--- distributed in the form of grants
--- for buying of land suitable for rubber farming
--- we will only buy from the Regional Government, not individual producers of rubber
--- this land will then be distributed in Rubber Future program
--- Rubber Future education budget
--- Rubber Future program advertising
--- as the reserve of the Bank
--- as the funding capital of Kautschukbund

Rubber Future Program

Versberg sorely lacks manpower for rubber growing. Fields lay vacant, and land is bare.
Rubber Future is a way to address these issues.

It will provide land owned by Kautschukbund to the poor of Echain, most notably Waltens and Lurem.
In return, they will have obligations towards the Kautschukbund.

Here are the exact specifications of the program:

1. Every Echaini citizen can participate
  2. Non-Echaini (those without Echaini citizenship) can participate, if they state commitment to gain citizenship in 5 years
  3. 80% of the land must be rubber-growing
  4. Land is leased for 25 years, after which the grower becomes independent and land becomes his for 1 Espada
  5. There are 3 categories of land given
    Category A - land with latex-giving trees
    Category B - land with young rubber trees
    Category C - land with old rubber trees or no rubber trees
  6. Category A is obligated to begin production of Rubber immediately
  7. Category B is obligated to begin production of Rubber once trees reach maturity. Until then, they have to care for them, and can grow other crops, if those do not harm the trees. They will also receive a liveable stipend.
  8. Category C is obligated to use seeds provided by the programme to grow trees, they have to care for them, and can grow other crops, if those do not harm the trees. They will also receive a liveable stipend.
  9. Native growers will be recruited to teach newcomers Kautschukmetier (the craft of rubber farming), and paid for it.
  10. Night schools teaching Echaini language, math and the basics of the Constitution will be established to help immigrants integrate and gain citizenship.
  11. The producers of rubber under RFP can only sell it to the Kautschukbund. The price will be at least 80% of the normal market selling price (i.e. what the independent rubber growers sell for). Breaking this rule is punishable by a sanction or, for grave or repeated offenders, expulsion from the program

View user profile

2 Re: National Bank of Echain on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:49 pm

Bulletin Board of the Bank

Here the last couple of messages of the Bank will be presented, so as to be more visible.

Rubber Future Update 1

The National Bank has bought land from the Government of Versberg for 4 million ESP.
This land forms the land fund of the Rubber Future Program.

The Bank also further divided the rubber infrastructure grants into two equal parts:
500.000 ESP will be available to the Regional Government's projects
500.000 ESP will be available for individual rubber farmers

Bank's Refugee Initiative

The Bank has made steps to recruit suitable refugees for Rubber future program, and approached the Ministry of Justice, Education and Culture to make a joint effort to recruit educators, scientists, and artists.

To help the National Government with the issue, and since it directly affect the Bank, our legal experts have drafted a bill detailing the status of refugees and path to Citizenship.
Here is said proposal. The Bank will now seek a senator to sponsor the bill and bring it to the Senate floor.

Last edited by Director Karbin Cry (NB) on Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:26 am; edited 3 times in total

View user profile

3 Re: National Bank of Echain on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:51 pm

Rubber Future Update 1

The National Bank has bought land from the Government of Versberg for 4 million ESP.
This land forms the land fund of the Rubber Future Program.

The Bank also further divided the rubber infrastructure grants into two equal parts:
500.000 ESP will be available to the Regional Government's projects
500.000 ESP will be available for individual rubber farmers

View user profile

4 Re: National Bank of Echain on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:49 pm

The government of Versberg consents to and recognizes this sale.

View user profile

5 Re: National Bank of Echain on Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:07 pm

OOC: Hey guys you do know we are in a crisis right? Is power grabbing really the best option?

View user profile

6 Re: National Bank of Echain on Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:22 pm

OOC: He might as well do this. He has the only government positions that doesn't really require the consent of other members of the government. Sadly, I don't have any real power...
This is even more apprent since all of the senate seems to be afk... Sad

View user profile

7 Re: National Bank of Echain on Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:29 pm

OOC: how has the Bank grabbed power? It just did what was agreed upon, since all that actually responded to the plan that Espada should be tied to rubber agreed with it.
It's just that it's exercising the full extent of its powers to secure Espada, since the Government didn't do so.

View user profile

8 Re: National Bank of Echain on Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:46 pm

OOC: I apologize for my previous comment, if you were actually power grabbing you would have given yourself more than 50 ESP for 4 years... do you want an honorary teaching position? Due to the insane Constitution you guys laid out I can't pay you but at least you get full benefits and healthcare. Crying or Very sad

View user profile

9 Re: National Bank of Echain on Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:14 pm

OOC: Actually when I first read over the Constitution I predicted the single position with the most power by far would be the DoNB. There's so much you could do to legally obtain so much of the country, and use that weight in foreign matters as well. Literally making government officials have to request your permission to use the land you owe, that sort of thing.

10 Re: National Bank of Echain on Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:24 am

Bank's Refugee Initiative

The Bank has made steps to recruit suitable refugees for Rubber future program, and approached the Ministry of Justice, Education and Culture to make a joint effort to recruit educators, scientists, and artists.

To help the National Government with the issue, and since it directly affect the Bank, our legal experts have drafted a bill detailing the status of refugees and path to Citizenship.
Here is said proposal. The Bank will now seek a senator to sponsor the bill and bring it to the Senate floor.

OOC: Gollvieg, the money is in thousands. I get 50.000 ESP, and that's just the regular pay. I'm not above giving myself a bonus if something works out well Smile
Once the EFU is running, I'd like to get a secondary job there, to cultivate a support network amongst the inteligence, so I'd always have someone inside the Bank Smile

View user profile

11 Re: National Bank of Echain on Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:44 pm

I will sponsor the bill for the Bank Refugee Initiative. And bring it to the senate floor when ready

View user profile

12 Re: National Bank of Echain on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:00 pm

OOC: As far as evil immigration bills go this one is not the worse. At least you are not imprison in them in force labor camps.

IC: I would like it if you change the provision about sending them back to the country they risk their lives to escape, especially since you wish to steal all their possessions. The bill literally robs helpless people and send them back to die. At least negotiate with the Kiwis to let them take those refugees that do not wish to settle here. They at least are decent souls who know the meaning of mercy.

View user profile

13 Re: National Bank of Echain on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:11 pm

The proposal states: "Maximal length of a refugee’s stay after being processed is 3 months. Afterwards the refugee has last chance to gain Residency, or he will be extradited to his country of origin, which will only be funded by the State (as delineated in SC) to the minimal extent, i.e. everything a refugee owns will be confiscated, and only basic necessities like clothes will be retained, to fund the journey to his country of origin."

The Bank believes this to be a fair provision. First, all refugees who intend to settle here and become citizen can do so fairly freely. Second, the nation, sadly, cannot strain its resources on people who do not intend to stay and help it grow.
Besides, I doubt any refugee spend so much effort to reach Echain only to stay for a while as a refugee and then return to Japan.

OOC: Not really seeing where the evil is in my proposal.

View user profile

14 Re: National Bank of Echain on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:28 pm

OOC: Sorry, some OOC stuff got into the game. I had family that was trying to escape VN after the war and while trying to reach New Zealand and Australia they got pushed into Malaysia by a bad storm. They got sent back to Vietnam where the whole family was murdered and worse for being traitors that dared to leave the country.

IC: My primary issue is that the bill does not take into account the non-Japanese refugees who if sent back, will die and the people who miss their intended landing sites in the Philippines and Oceania. If you must steal their possessions at least send them where they want to go

View user profile

15 Re: National Bank of Echain on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:31 pm

I agree to change the bill so it only states that those refugees who reject offer of residency and eventual citizenship have to leave Echain.
Also, the bill does not propose stealing, but that payment for transportation of refugees who wish to leave will be up to them, and, if they're unable to pay for it themselves, the situation will be handled as a personal bankruptcy.

View user profile

16 Re: National Bank of Echain on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:45 pm

I thank you for your understanding, as we both know, the wording of a legal document could mean something completely different from it's intending meaning.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum