» Chelsey Wright: hiring a lawyer
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Tyranny Coupon 50%
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm by TheUltimateParadoxs

» Warlords II: Turn Four - Departure of a Hero
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:52 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Greedfall, new game by Spiders: teaser trailer
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:16 am by RorytheRomulan

» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:08 am by Luslanz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 15 of 18]

351 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Mon May 08, 2017 10:37 am

Accompanying the rulers is a relief force from Geirmund Hold, led by two new knights, one a woman with long red hair in a braid, the other a large minotaur. They're there to take the place of the others, as they've been stationed in the dungeon for months at this point.

View user profile

352 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Mon May 08, 2017 11:01 am

Amelia bids her people to rise, and turns to the Geirmund troops. "And this must be the rest of the family I didn't get to meet at the Keep." She walks up to Thomas and Rengar and bows her head. "Hello."

View user profile

353 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Mon May 08, 2017 11:11 am

"Greetings, fair lady," Thomas says, bowing to her respectfully. Then he sees Argus and stares in open shock. "Young master Argus? What are you doing here?" They had been away long before the news of Amelia seeking a suitor had gone out, let alone his successful bid for her hand.

"A great deal has happened since you departed with my father, Ser Thomas," Argus informs him, the older man frowning slightly as he notes the crown.

"Indeed, it seems we've been rather out of the loop as of late." He returns his attention to the Empress. "Forgive me, I am Thomas von Strauss, knight in service to Lord Thrand." He gestures to his stoic companion. "This is Ser Rengar, a man of few, almost no, words." Rengar nods to Amelia in respect, making note of the crown upon Argus's head as well.

View user profile

354 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Mon May 08, 2017 11:26 am

Amelia eyes Rengar with an edge to her look, but it passes instantly. "I hope my people have been treating you well."

View user profile

355 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Mon May 08, 2017 11:32 am

"They've been pleasant enough I suppose," Thomas replies, Rengar offering the barest of shrugs, seemingly not noticing the look he'd gotten from Amelia. "I assume you must then be Empress Amelia but...why is young Argus with you?"

"Well..." Argus goes on to, briefly, explain the events of the last few months.

"I'll be damned," Thomas mutters, looking upon the younger man with a newfound respect. "When did you go and grow up, eh?" Argus chuckles bashfully. "Congratulations. Truly, I wish you both the best." He looks to the gathered troops. "I take it we're being relieved then?"

"Yes, father sent these fine soldiers to relieve those here," Argus confirms it. He then introduces Ezra and Romund, the redheaded woman and minotaur respectively. "They'll be taking command in your places."

"Well, I won't complain," Thomas remarks idly. "Be nice to get some sunshine, eh?" He nudges Rengar lightly, who shakes his head. "Don't tell me you're going to stay?"

"I wish to see how things play out." Argus boggles as the normally silent knight speaks.

View user profile
"It has been indeed nine hundred years," Sir Edon says to the mage, waiting again for the healer to translate. "The Shadow upon Nestav was defeated long ago, and now Kreathean is here to aid in... whatever it is we are doing here. Clearing this place, as far as I know."

The knights and other soldiers watch with great curiosity, and move no closer nor farther from the mage and his golem.

A few Guard and Far-Eyes go to see what the flap in the camp proper is about.

View user profile
Amelia joins the rest of her troops. With an order they tense up, and she proceeds to open the last stone gate on the floor.

View user profile
The door is wrenched open with a loud creaking sound as much of the internam mechanisms relent under the Empress's sheer strength, the metallic object barring the door shut snapping and dropping down the shaft, disappearing down the shaft.

As anyone approaches the shaft, all they would see is that the elevator has stopped preemptively on floor 15. A hooded figure hurriedly runs out of sight into an unseen room below.

View user profile
Amelia hops down with her sword ready to be drawn. "HALT!"

View user profile
"Ah, crap," the figure mutters as he halts, turning around. "Here I was wanting to make a melodramatic entrance."

View user profile
"Yeah, well, nobody expects me so get over here. I don't know how to operate this thing."

View user profile

362 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Tue May 09, 2017 10:02 am

The man sighs as he walks over to the elevator and punches the button for floor 14.

It arrives shortly on the platform.

View user profile

363 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Tue May 09, 2017 10:04 am

"So, who are you? And what's on the floor below?"

View user profile

364 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Tue May 09, 2017 10:11 am

The figure pulls back his hood to reveal a youthful. mischievous yet wizened man. "My name is Royquin Elwin, and the floor below is the Smiling Sorcerer's laboratory."

He pauses for a moment. "You Laventine folk would've called him the Little Problem Down South, if I recall. Misdala'schikal."

View user profile

365 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Tue May 09, 2017 10:18 am

Most of the troops nod as they recognize the term. Amelia gives orders to them and an adhoc group of polearmmen and crossbowmen get onto the elevator. "Royquin, will you come with, or can you teach one of them how to use this thing?"

View user profile

366 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Tue May 09, 2017 10:32 am

Royquin shrugs, then points to the control panel. "I suggest learning the numerics. The controls are so simple, even a child can figure it out."

"That being said, I'll accompany you... if anything, so that nobody screws up on the next floor. We need to take out at least one of the damned things on the next floor, lest it comes around to bite you folk in the arse."

View user profile

367 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Tue May 09, 2017 10:38 am

As soon as the elevator hits the next floor Amelia steps out and draws her sword. "What's down here?" she asks Royquin.

View user profile

368 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Tue May 09, 2017 10:47 am

"Smiling Sorcerer's three pet projects. One is...what's left of a slain paladin, another a creation for use as security. The third, my guess was used as some sort of assistant."

View user profile

369 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Tue May 09, 2017 10:49 am

Amelia steps into the room, her troops forming two lines of long, pointy teeth and crossbows.

View user profile

370 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Tue May 09, 2017 11:02 am

The same sense of foreboding fills the air, much like what the Lanore scouts are experiencing. The shifting shadows on the edge of their vision... the feeling that something stalks them, hunts after them. They are little more than prey to whatever awaits.

Except for the Empress, of course.

View user profile

371 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Tue May 09, 2017 11:04 am

Amelia throws a ball of light into the room.

View user profile

372 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Tue May 09, 2017 11:09 am

The shadows, like tendrils that have gone too close to a fire, recede from the orb of light. The lingering feeling of being stalked has not receded in the slightest.

Royquin steps out into the room with Amelia. "You get what I mean now, don't you?"

View user profile

373 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Tue May 09, 2017 11:11 am

The light fades away. "Hmmm, I say it's time to free them from their curse." She walks farther into the room.

View user profile

374 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Tue May 09, 2017 11:27 am

Royquin raises his eyebrows. "Wait, what? Oh boy," the man says as he follows Amelia.

View user profile

375 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Tue May 09, 2017 11:36 am

The other troops stay put by the elevator.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum