» MCU Discussion Links - Historical
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:12 pm by DollarD

» Turn 10-1069
Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:44 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 16 of 18]

376 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Tue May 09, 2017 12:10 pm

The two step into a t-junction hallway, heading straight ahead and left. The eerie feeling persists as Royquin follows Amelia.

View user profile

377 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Tue May 09, 2017 12:16 pm

"Do you know if there is a source for this curse, and is it here?"

View user profile

378 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Tue May 09, 2017 12:19 pm

"If you mean the Smiling Sorcerer, then yes. Where he is now is beyond me."

"If you're asking about the Dungeon and the Palace as a whole... no. There isn't any singular 'curse' to remove. Even if it was... it probably wouldn't be in such a basic facility."

View user profile

379 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Tue May 09, 2017 12:22 pm

Whenever she feels a presence near her Amelia blasts fire at it or tries to stab it.

View user profile

380 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Tue May 09, 2017 12:39 pm

Whenever Amelia reacts, the presence disappears. Royquin simply lets out a sigh. "That thing is just probing you. It isn't some kind of stupid sentry."

"And yes, I know what those things are, in detail. Yes, I can tell you. And yes, it's because you didn't ask."

-----

Back on Floor 14, the clanking of boots signal the arrival of Merylin and the dozen Protector Guard accompanying her. The Irke Mage had reluctantly agreed to leave, keeping the golem back in the room with the now thoroughly broken skeletons.

Upon spotting the Protector Guard, both Noelle and the Irke mage freak out. Noelle ducks for cover while the Irke Mage stands there, dumbfounded.

Merylin looks over at the two ancients before speaking in Ancient Nestavian. "Your homes are long gone. The Kingdom of Falfador forged an empire that had fallen hundreds of years prior. Nestav now serves under what is left of the Kingdom of Ythri. We are not your enemy... as long as you choose not to."

"We are headed down to the next floor. Take your time recuperating if you desire," the Nestavian court mage speaks, very little emotion in her voice. A statement rather than anything else.

With that, the Nestavian group marches forward, down to Floor 15.

View user profile

381 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Tue May 09, 2017 12:43 pm

The troops on Floor 15 allow the Nestavians to pass before resuming their post.

"May I hear it then? Everything you know on them."

View user profile

382 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Tue May 09, 2017 12:49 pm

Royquin takes a deep breath before beginning.

"The first is the damn thing stalking us. The Wraith, as we'd call it. Sort of like your shadow-men you had fought against. Maybe a little dumber. I'm not sure.

"The second is a resurrected paladin we called the Fallen. it can't move... but really, it doesn't need to. Don't stay in one place, because I doubt much would stand up to one hit that thing can fire off...

"The third is what we called the Gravekeeper. I suspected it was being used as some sort of apprentice or courier by the smiling bastard, but I don't know. I don't want to know, honestly."

View user profile

383 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Tue May 09, 2017 12:53 pm

"Alright, I'll work off the assumption it has gone against people who are experience at fighting living shadows. Luckily, I put their cursed kind down a long time ago, and a lot more powerful than this one." She slices her palm open with the blade, the blood glowing bright with some magical influence. "Let it come again."

View user profile

384 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Tue May 09, 2017 12:54 pm

Once again, the presence returns. Closer, this time.

View user profile

385 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Tue May 09, 2017 12:56 pm

Amelia swiftly grabs it and uses a spell to 'anchor' it in place.

View user profile

386 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Tue May 09, 2017 12:58 pm

The shadowy entity howls in anger as it lashes out, trying to get at Amelia...only to be punched in the face by Royquin.

"With you around, this isn't even a fight," Royquin muses.

View user profile

387 Re: Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition on Tue May 09, 2017 12:59 pm

"Not much of a challenge really."  She slowly slides her blade into the creature and holds it there until the shadow ceases to be.

"Can you led me to the next one?"

View user profile
Royquin snatches something it dropped before looking around and pointing ahead. "That way."

They enter a small ampitheater, the chained, floating entity hovering in the middle. An incomplete object, seemingly in the shape of a broken halo floats above what appears to be its head.

It turns the direction of Amelia and Royquin.

"That's the Fallen," the Rogue says.

View user profile
"Its about to fall." Amelia flies up and lands on top of it.

View user profile
The thing drops like a bag of lead, but simply turns its head completely around like an owl to stare at Amelia.

Then its face begins glowing and gathering magic energy.

View user profile
She slices her sword into its neck.

View user profile
The magic dissipates as it dies. Royquin jogs over and picks something off its corpse. "Next one's that way, I believe," Royquin speaks while pointing to one of eight entryways. "Not completely sure. That last one is always on the move."

View user profile
"Welp, lets find it so we can put it in a grave." Amelia concentrates to pick up a magical aura but just gets a splitting headache from the dungeon air. She points down a random one and runs down the sixth tunnel.

View user profile
The lanore troops, having already been on the floor, will find a door to open.

View user profile
Royquin follows Amelia down the tunnel, where they find... nothing.

Royquin kneels down, checking the ground. "It was here somewhat recently." He points down a hallway. "That way."

They come to a different room after a few detours, following its trail. Finally, they find the hooded, once-human creature, hunched over a decaying workbench.

-----

There are dozens of doors to open. The first one opened leads right into a gruesome dissection chamber for various species...including humans and other sapient races. Their bodies are half-preserved, with the flesh still present with the ungodly stench of rot.

View user profile
The isles had kept 100 soldiers by the elevator, while Uzario and Wallace takes the other 300 to go continue helping everyone who went on towards the next floor.

View user profile
Sir Edon does his best to serve as mobile cover for Noelle until the Protector Guard have passed, looks to one of his officers in Protector Guard armor and shrugs. Sir Edon gets Noelle calmed down, and gives the order to move out.

Gathering up his troops and informing the mage that both he and his golem would be very, very helpful in the coming battles, Sir Edon leads the Kreathean soldiers down to floor 15 with their torches and lanterns held high.

View user profile
The Geirmund troops, minus Thomas, with Ezra, Romund and Rengar in the lead, proceed down to floor 15. "We really need to try to keep up," Ezra mutters, slightly irritated that the expedition has left them behind.

"This is an unfortunately common occurrence," Rengar rasps dryly. "We'd best be cautious."

View user profile
They will close the door to the dissection room and mark it with a triangle with an X. They will go to the next few rooms and open 3 more doors, albeit very cautiously

View user profile
The moment the Lanore scouts opened they are assailed by the stench of death. Within is a mound of bodies... but as they watch in horror, it moves.

The next two rooms are an empty laboratory and an ancient study. Half of a skeleton lies within it, torn in half despite the steel armor it was wearing. Estimates put the body at 300 years old.

A door is found, made of stone and steel. On it are sockets for four objects. A dead skeleton, 300 years old, lies slumped before it.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum