Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Today at 2:10 pm by ZeroCool

» Turn 1-1068
Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:01 pm by wolfking2k

» Turn 12-1067
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:05 pm by Spartanmario

» Player Houses
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:08 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Koth Meeting
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:07 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Chelsey Wright: hiring a lawyer
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Tyranny Coupon 50%
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm by TheUltimateParadoxs

» Warlords II: Turn Four - Departure of a Hero
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:52 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Greedfall, new game by Spiders: teaser trailer
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:16 am by RorytheRomulan

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kingdom of Nestav - Varvol Dungeon Expedition

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 17 of 18]

"Men. Close those corpse doors. Barr the one with the mound of bodies. Use anything you can find to barricade it." he points to some of his scouts. "You lot. See if you can find anything to fit these sockets. Don't travel alone either. teams of five."

View user profile
Sir Edon splits his force down the middle, having half of them stick with the Seven Isles soldiers. He and the rest go to the Empress.

"Where are we needed, your majesty?" Sir Edon asks, hand-and-a-half sword in hand.

View user profile
Royquin turns over to the sudden newcomers with their heavy armor and boisterous spirit, about to open his mouth to say something, but the cloaked creasure dashes off down a hallway with surprising speed.

"Crap. After it!" Royquin yells as he runs after it.

View user profile
Sir Edon hesitates for a moment, and then instantly snarls to give chase before he goes after the man who shouted. The two hundred soldiers and knights follow their captain and his group without hesitation.

View user profile
Amelia teleports in front of the creature and delivers a powerful straight kick that sends it flying back into the room. "Give it a mercy killing, quick!"

View user profile
The Geirmund expedition will begin cautiously exploring the floor, lighting the way with torches and lanterns, the three hundred halberdiers with shields and a side sword, their armor comprised of a long chain hauberk over a gambeson, with breastplates, greaves, sabatons, vambrace, pauldrons and helms for added protection, and one hundred quarrelers, wearing chain hauberks over gambesons, split evenly into three teams, each lead by one of the Geirmund knights.

View user profile
The Kreatheans close in on the thing as it lands, raining blows upon it with every weapon that comes to hand to slay it as fast as they possibly can.

View user profile
Amelia takes Royquin to a corner far away from the brutal 'mercy' killing. "Royquin, you're someone who knows this place well, right? If so, I need your help. I need to know if there are any works of mine in this dungeon, and if there are where are they?"

View user profile
The floor is much more expansive than the ones before, encompassing a few dozen rooms and extending far beyond what has been explored before. Libraries and studies are found, though an equal amount of rooms are filled with disgusting experiments and mounds of corpses, still raw with the stench of death.

The creature gives an ungodly shriek as it dies, falling limp.

"Your...works? Oh, yes... they're down with Gonaen, on floor 40."

View user profile
The libraries that are found are to be catalogued, the works within carefully examined to see if they can be moved considering the age of this place. The studies are carefully searched and the rooms with corpses are either set on fire or left the hell alone.

View user profile
The gnoll lord will be taking notes on everything before looking up, with a wide smile at the library "Anyone mind if I got copies of some of those?"

View user profile
"Original? Untranslated? Is there a quick way down there?"

Last edited by SilverDragonRed on Wed May 10, 2017 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
Sir Edon sends soldiers to poke about the libraries, interspersing men from the Guard who cannot read with knights from the Circle who can. The foul laboratories are left to the Gerimund men to seal or burn.

View user profile
Royquin grimaces. "Quick, yes... I really wouldn't advise it. I sealed up all those damn elevators for a reason."

Merylin begins her study of the most intact tomes, but quickly closes them up. "Forbidden magics... this floor must be the Smiling Sorcerer's laboratory."

View user profile
"What was the reason?"

View user profile
"I had went there to check if our old seals are still functioning..." Royquin starts. He pauses, then takes a deep breath.

"They're all broken. It's madness down there. A war zone. Every elevator unsealed means the undead can use them too. I estimate 300,000 entities in motion down there."

View user profile
"The who?" Ezra asks, clearly having never heard the term used before, an unopened tome in her hands that she just brushed the dust from.

Rengar curses under his breath as he reads the content of a tome in another section, shoving it back onto the shelf. "Wonderful. As if the world needs these to see the light."

View user profile
The Gnoll Lord will look over the spines of every book in the library with curiosity. "The amount of knowledge here...It feels almost overwhelming."

View user profile
"Then I'll have my men build walls at critical chokepoints.  Lavs are really good at doing that. I want to get what's mine out of this place."

View user profile
"The Smiling Sorcerer. The enigma of a man who pushed these events forward nine hundred years ago. These ruins are the testaments to those events...."

Merylin walks around the library after explaining to Ezra. "History books... battle reports... literature... ah, here. Spell tomes..." She opens one of the new books. "These ones...these are acceptable."

-----

Royquin sighs. "I can help you out with that. I know this place like the back of my hand. He thinks for a moment. "Now that I think about it... this'll be interesting. Kensei Kobayashi is on our way down, if I recall."

View user profile
"Kensei Kobayashi?"

View user profile
"We should start sorting them into what can be taken and what should be burned," Ezra remarks as she opens the tome in her hands.  "Then see about making copies of the acceptable materials so all may partake of their knowledge." She shivers and shuts the tome within moments. "Ugh...this Smiling Sorcerer is clearly not a pleasant individual."

View user profile
"You know some of the tomes could be of great use in the Slaangu coast." The Gnoll Lord will grab a tome from the shelf, and slowly flip through it. "Interesting..."

View user profile
"Sword Saint Tencia Kobayashi. The most formidible duelist of our time," Royquin answers. "She's going to want a duel with you, Empress!"

-----

"Indeed not," Merylin nods, as she gets to work cataloging the material.

View user profile
"Of course she does." Amelia shakes her head. "I'll worry about that when we get there."

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum