Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Yesterday at 3:39 am by ZeroCool

» Turn 1-1069
Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:05 pm by Crensler

» Turn 2-1069
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:23 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Mass Effect 3, Your Edition
Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:40 pm by Braigwen

» Turn 12-1068
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:20 pm by wolfking2k

» Player Houses
Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:50 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Battle of Scales
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:52 am by SilverDragonRed

» Good morning!
Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:41 pm by Galtori

» We started a Discord chatroom for the community. It's free to boot!
Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:14 am by Chatterbox1991

You are not connected. Please login or register

Have you ever purchased a game multiple times?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Just last night I purchased the Devil May Cry HD Collection for the PS3 because I couldn't pass up the $3 sale. I soon realized this purchased marked the 3rd time I've bought DMC3; I had the original, the Special Edition with playable Virgil, and now the HD Collection. DMC3 is now the game I've bought the most amount of times.

A few other games I've bought more than once, but for different reasons:

Chrono Trigger - 2: The PSN port was so bad I had to buy it from Nintendo's Virtual Console instead.

Dragon Age Inquisition - 2: Once for PS3 and then once again for my new PS4 a couple months later.

Mega Man X - 2: Had the SNES version and then bought the inferior Gameboy Advance port.

Metal Gear Solid 2 - 2: The original and then Substance (which wasn't worth it).

Proper remakes don't count since they should offer a completely new experience from the original. Bonus games attached to a newer game don't count either (Bioshock Infinite was packaged with Bioshock when it first came out for PS3.)

View user profile
There have been many games I've bought twice. I switched over the majority of my Xbox 360 collection over to PC a while back. However, there have also been times I've bought a game digitally and then picked up a physical copy alongside it. This is not something I've done often though. The only two games that come to mind in this regard at the moment are Shovel Knight and Windwaker HD. Windwaker HD came digitally with my Wii U, but I wanted a physical copy of the game anyway so I bought it a second time. Shovel Knight ended up being a double purchase as I bought the digital version when it came out and then decided Yacht Club deserved my money when the physical release was announced.

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ZsvZWHyOVhATBhVKT-DWw
Only twice; Space Marine and DA:O. The first because I was getting a PS3 version for a friend and a 360 version for myself. The second is because I had accidentally bought the DLC for it on 360 while owning a PS3 version, and then years later lost the PS3 version and got a 360 version.

View user profile
I own three copies of FFVI... on the SNES. The PS1 copy, and the GBA copy. And the phone copy, and the steam copy.

But truthfully I rarely buy a game multiple times. Those are usually the exceptions for me.

2 copies of witcher 1

2 coppies of me 2

View user profile
I've bought FFX three times, bought The Witcher 3 twice, bought Shantae and the Pirate's Curse twice, bought Grandia 2 twice, bought Chrono Trigger twice, bought Wind Waker twice, I think that's it.

View user profile
Well, sometimes even on purpose.

I have D2 ... 3-4 times and W3 and its addon 5-6 times.
How did these disc manage it to get the same scratch on the same place every time is a mystery to me.

Oh, spellforce I have all parts (except the latest 2) 3-4 times.

Loved tha tgame, because it was a mix of my 2 favorite genres: RPG and strategy.
God, I loved that game.

I think I have many games several times.
Sometimes I simply bought them to have them digitally.

Oh, and the Anno games... have them several times too.

So yeah, that happens.

Eruanen

View user profile
I used to have two copies of Witcher 1 & 2, because I didn't remember if I had thrown the games away only to find them later on. Two Battle Boxes because I lost my information for my first WoW account. And two Orange Boxes because of some reason that I am not dumb enough to remember anymore.

View user profile
Resident Evil 4 - Gamecube then later PS2
Resident Evil:Remake - Gamecube then later PC(wasn't worth)
Final Fantasy X/X2 - PS2 then Steam but um thats a semi remake
Sonic 2 - Genesis twice first copy was stolen
Super Mario World - SNES then GBA

I think that is all.

**Edit Thought of a few more
Metal Slug - Arcade machine then Steam ok I didn't "buy" the arcade game my dad used to repair arcade machines and it was broken he brought it home for me and we fixed it together.
Total Annihilation - PC twice lost my disc got it on steam for like 75cents.
System Shock 2 - same same with TA

View user profile
Super Metroid
Megaman X
Chrono Trigger
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Kingdom Hearts (Because of Final Mixes, remakes)
Final Fantasy VII

View user profile
Dark Age of Camelot. I remember one time there were new expansions out any my friend was starting to play again, and I wanted to play. My parents and sister were too busy to drive me... so I walked to the nearest Best Buy, 2 miles away.

There were 2 or 3 iterations where I just bought everything that was out... though sometimes because that was about the same price as a month's subscription. I still have a bunch of them in the drawer to my left... a decade later.

View user profile https://halostystales.com/
Yes. I got rid of my Mass Effect trilogy, then bought the first game on Steam. And only that one. Other than that...no.

View user profile
Yeah, I've bought a few...

Spoiler:
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PSX, PSN)
Chrono Trigger (SNES, DS, Wii VC)
Fallout (GOG, Steam)
Fallout 2 (GOG, Steam)
Fallout 3 (PS3, Steam)
Final Fantasy (NES, PSX, GBA, PSP)
Final Fantasy II (PSX, GBA, PSP)
Final Fantasy III (DS, Steam)
Final Fantasy IV (SNES, DS, Wii VC, PSP, Steam)
Final Fantasy V (GBA, Steam)
Final Fantasy VI (SNES, GBA, Wii VC, Steam)
Final Fantasy VII (PSX, PSN, Steam)
Final Fantasy VIII (PSX, PSN, Steam)
Final Fantasy IX (JP PSX, NA PSX, PSN, Android, Steam)
Final Fantasy X (PS2, PS3, Steam)
Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2, PS3, Steam)
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, Steam)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3, Steam)
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, Steam)
Half-Life 2 (PS3, Steam)
Half-Life 2: Episode One (PS3, Steam)
Half-Life 2: Episode Two (PS3, Steam)
Portal (PS3, Steam)
Kingdom Hearts (PS2, PS2 replacement copy, PS3, PS4)
Kingdom Hearts Re:CoM (PS2, PS3, PS4)
Kingdom Hearts II (PS2, PS3, PS4)
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (PSP, PS3, PS4)
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (3DS, PS4)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64, GCN, 3DS)
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64, 3DS)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GCN, Wii)
Super Metroid (SNES, Wii VC)
Metroid Prime (GCN, Wii)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (GCN, Wii)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii, Wii (shut up, it was Metroid Prime Trilogy))
Mirror's Edge (PS3, Steam)
Ratchet and Clank (PS2, PS3)
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando (PS2, PS3)
Secret of Mana (SNES, Wii VC)
Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis, GCN)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Genesis, GCN)
Sonic CD (SCD, GCN)
Sonic 3 and Knuckles (Genesis, GCN)
Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES, GBA)
Super Mario World (SNES, GBA)
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron (N64, GOG)
Team Fortress 2 (PS3, Steam)
The World Ends With You (DS, Android)
Unreal Tournament 2004 (GOG, Steam)
Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3, Steam)

...just a few.

View user profile
Actually...I have more.

Alan Wake
Final fantasy 7
Fable TLC

I "owned" FF7 before I gave it away because I'm stupid, then bought it on Steam, and now it's in my library forever! I bought the original Alan Wake on Xbox360 and again on Steam because of course I did. I bought Fable TLC again on Steam.

It's a...classic. Not "good", I mean I still enjoyed it before I uninstalled it. But it has no replay value to me anymore, but it still holds a special place in my heart for being the first game I ever played on Xbox back in the day. One of my brother's friends let him borrow his and 2 games, the other of which was a boring-ass racing game.

I would reinstall it and play it again if someone got brave and created a "be a gurl" mod... I know it would require a *lot* even without going through files and removing all instances of "boy" and "lad" and such from dialogue with Maze, Guildmaster and others. Various character models from default to the ability/morality morphs, equipment  models...lots of work.

View user profile
I've only ever done this for 3 games.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Xbox 360, PS4, and Steam

Mass Effect 1:Xbox 360 & Steam

Mass Effect 2: Xbox360 & Steam

View user profile
Oh God, You Devil.....

I have done this far too many times on several games over the years sometimes even on the same platform.

/me exits thread quietly with head hanging...

View user profile
Oh....Oh no, don't remind me! I think I have Elder scrolls: Oblivion to everything It existed for! And I got every version of Heroes of Might and Magic 3 ever released, that game had a choke hold on my wallet anytime It decides to rear it's pretty, pretty head! xD
The Kingdom Hearts remakes too, of course! Some Pokemon games I have the same version more than once, simple because I had a main game, and then the other version off game, but sometimes you just want another side game, you know? Nuzlockes, anyone? *rips hair*

View user profile
I bought Dragon Age Origins 4 times. Once on Steam when it released. Later on CD to have it in my collection, then again on CD for Ultimate edition and recently on Gog when it was on sale.

View user profile
The only one I can think of is Skyrim, and only because on PS3 it gradually became an unfortunate slideshow of sadness. On the brightside it motivated me to build my pc.

View user profile
Bought TloZ:OoT back in the day, got it again when it came out on GC then more recently bought it for the 3DS

Same can be said for Majora's mask and Star fox 64 xD

Hm ... I've also purchased Fable on the Original xbox , then got it again for Pc and bought the remastered version from steam later down the line xP

Also;

Da list:
TES:Morrowind (Xbone & PC )
TES:Oblivion ( Xbone & PC )
TES:Skyrim ( Xbone & PC )
Fallout 3 (Xbone & PC )
Fallout:NV (Xbone & PC)
Mass-Effect 2 (Xbone & PC )

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum