Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:23 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

» Turn 3-1069
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:21 am by FreelanceZero

» Bound by the Past
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:58 pm by SilverDragonRed

You are not connected. Please login or register

So, The GM Likes Transparency...

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

76 Re: So, The GM Likes Transparency... on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Suko Shinpei wrote:Well, they would still be responsible for a lot of developement in their areas of influence, using the fact Governors would have to use their resources on national level much more than they do now.

Fair enough.

View user profile

77 Re: So, The GM Likes Transparency... on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:28 pm

In the meantime, I guess I'll start writing wiki stuff. For me, at least, the game is on pause until this gets properly resolved.

View user profile

78 Re: So, The GM Likes Transparency... on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:30 pm

Oh yeah, there's some invasion or something happening right now...?

View user profile

79 Re: So, The GM Likes Transparency... on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:44 pm

So is this a discussion on changing the government type or forcing everyone to play as a member of the Government?

View user profile

80 Re: So, The GM Likes Transparency... on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:46 pm

I call for a vote on which voting system to use!
Razz Razz Razz Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

View user profile

81 Re: So, The GM Likes Transparency... on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:47 pm

Titan wrote:So is this a discussion on changing the government type or forcing everyone to play as a member of the Government?

I honestly have no idea, and I read through it all XD

I'm not sure I'd have anything substantial to add, other than joining as a Senator doesn't appear all that appealing at the present time.  Frankly politics in general are a little over my head, especially given everything I've seen so far regarding this not so little game you all have going on here.

View user profile

82 Re: So, The GM Likes Transparency... on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:49 pm

Adamemnon wrote:I call for a vote on which voting system to use!

I swear to all that is Holy, don't you do this to me

View user profile

83 Re: So, The GM Likes Transparency... on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:50 pm

Gollvieg wrote:
Adamemnon wrote:I call for a vote on which voting system to use!

I swear to all that is Holy, don't you do this to me

I call a vote for a vote on how to vote on which type of vote we will use to determine what type of vote we will use on the vote for the main vote.

View user profile

84 Re: So, The GM Likes Transparency... on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:51 pm

My previous experience with similar forum games usually involved ruling an independent polity (either self-designed or real-life/historical), so when given the choice between becoming a governor or a senator, I decided to pick the one that would have me have my own garden patch that I could grow and nurture within the political maelstrom. That said, I agree with Adamemnon that the current system is too compartmentalised. If we keep the present setting, I think that splitting the provinces and merging the senatorial and governatorial positions would be the most preferable.

View user profile

85 Re: So, The GM Likes Transparency... on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:52 pm

OOC: That's it, the capital is going to get Nuked

View user profile

86 Re: So, The GM Likes Transparency... on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:54 pm

Cecasander wrote:If we keep the present setting, I think that splitting the provinces and  merging the senatorial and governatorial positions would be the most preferable.

I'm not sure how much weight my words will have, given I'm not yet a player, but this sounds, given what I've seen so far, to be the best option.

View user profile

87 Re: So, The GM Likes Transparency... on Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:02 pm

Lol, we would literally be a Council of Lords

View user profile

88 Re: So, The GM Likes Transparency... on Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:35 pm

The Senate being dissolved into the council of Governors would help solve most of the problems. Any law that the Senate pass needs to also be passed by the Council anyway so it removes an unnecessary level of bureaucracy and padding.

View user profile

89 Re: So, The GM Likes Transparency... on Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:50 pm

Just to point this out, if we wanted everyone available to discuss we don't have to do it on stream, we could just designate a time and pile into the chat channel.

90 Re: So, The GM Likes Transparency... on Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:55 pm

I have very little experience in these types of games, but I do like the idea of the Council of Governors if only because it makes things a little simpler.

View user profile

91 Re: So, The GM Likes Transparency... on Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:56 pm

I'm all for disolving the Senate as long as I get the Island of Grain. That place is a pun that I am taking 50 game years to set up.

View user profile

92 Re: So, The GM Likes Transparency... on Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:52 am

Okay, so in order to get this game moving again, because to be honest it is getting so bogged down by OOC stuff that it is starting to drag. We should try and schedule a time for everyone to appear in the forum chat and have a discussion, preferably today or tomorrow.

I am going to make what may sound like a silly remark, but, First: what is the problem with the game. Is it that the Senators are inactive? If so, why are they inactive? Is the problem that being a Senator is not fun to play? Is the problem that there are too many restrictions on what some character roles can actually do? Is it the problem that people generally can't find the time or have the motivation to write out the long bills to propose? I think we need a firm handle on what the problem is and address that problem specifically. Rather than looking to restructure the whole game again which will take more time and require more lengthy discussions on how new relationships would work.

View user profile

93 Re: So, The GM Likes Transparency... on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:33 am

TomRP brings up a fantastic question. If you had to criticize or nitpick the game as it has been now, what would you bring up? For example I've heard several people mention the compartmentalization.

94 Re: So, The GM Likes Transparency... on Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:10 pm

So the way I see it is the game is currently divided into three levels:

1) Street Level: people on this level are playing as individual people with very limited power. As they feel like they have no power or resources to wield, they are less incentives to negotiate with players outside their level. Also, since they are not seen as effective, outside Players do not feel like they are needed.

2) Region Level: This is where the bulk of the players are and thus where the majority of where the gameplay is. The Players are effectively Feudal Lords with absolute control over their domains. Everyone has a vision of how things should be and they are building the utopia they believe in.

3) National Level: Now here is where things get interesting. These are the players that are trying to influence things on the national level. Theoretically we do not have any true power but we do have is influence(the currency and with other players), and with that influence we are making deals, alliances and waging an invisible war. I really like how this game evolved this way. I'm not sure about Infernal's side but I have been waging an intel war with me and my allies against an unknown enemy whom I am not sure is other players or is a GMNPC. I may not have an army but I found out the right information in the right time with the right presentation could mean the life or death of thousands of people.

In my opinion, my primary criticism of our current state is the roles that are the most critical are not played by people who are on enough times for the week, thus is forcing the game to run much more slowly than we would like.

View user profile

95 Re: So, The GM Likes Transparency... on Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:43 pm

Karbin and I talked a bit about some things and he brought up some nice points. I have two pretty concrete ideas in my head for how to proceed but I'd like to ask for, say, two or three volunteers who have time to check the forum regularly to help demo something.

96 Re: So, The GM Likes Transparency... on Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:44 pm

I'm pretty much online every day. I can help out

View user profile

97 Re: So, The GM Likes Transparency... on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:10 pm

I'm online like 24/7 too...
I need a life...

View user profile

98 Re: So, The GM Likes Transparency... on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:23 pm

Same

View user profile

99 Re: So, The GM Likes Transparency... on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:34 pm

If "demo" stands for "demolition", I'm your man!

No, seriously, I believe I've proven to be a perpetually online pest.

View user profile

100 Re: So, The GM Likes Transparency... on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:48 pm

Suko Shinpei wrote:If "demo" stands for "demolition", I'm your man!

No, seriously, I believe I've proven to be a perpetually online pest.

Pest is the right word to use. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum