» Turn 6-1069
Today at 11:40 am by SilverDragonRed

» Some interesting thing with Star Trek Discovery
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 am by ZeroCool

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:41 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

You are not connected. Please login or register

PUBLIC - Echaini Culture

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 PUBLIC - Echaini Culture on Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:14 am

So one of the things I discussed with Lorerunner is, "What makes Echaini Culture?" For a lot of us we do not think of culture as something more than a number or a stat but culture is more than that. It is an identity that makes a group of people distinct, a mantra that we unconsciously follow when things are at it's worse, an idea that one looks up to and connects to the history of the land and it's people. So here is a fun exercise for everyone while we wait for an agreement on how to proceed forward.

"What does Echani Culture mean to you?" I spoke with Lore and he said that he kept Echaini Culture vague because he wanted to see what we do with it. So go nuts. Feel free to look into your own culture for inspiration, Echain is one of those unique cases where it's history is composed of purely contact by colonists and trade so there is a great mix of European, Asian and Pacific culture. One suggestion I would like to put out is celestial events such as equinoxes, solar and lunar phases are usually celebrated across the world because no matter were you are, you see the same sky... unless you live in different North/South Hemispheres.

Thus, I would like to propose the Echaini Version of the Harvest Moon Festival:

Celebrated on the First Autumn Full moon, this Festival Celebrates the Summer Harvest. For several days during the harvest period, a bright Full(and partially Full) Moon rises early in the morning, aiding Echaini farmers in the gathering of their harvest. Thanks to this extra period of light, farmers are able to finish gathering their crops early and thus on the night of the Full Moon, a Festival is thrown in order to celebrate the end of Summer and the harvest. This holiday has it's origins on both Australia where the date marks the first day of Spring and New Life and the Chinese Moon Festival which Celebrates the Autumn harvest along with representing the End of Life. Thus the holiday became a day to Celebrate both Life and Death, where families greet the morning by remembering their passed loved ones and end the night in a celebrating of a hopeful coming year. Who knows, maybe the Echaini also celebrate the Festival by having a Huge Stew Pot where each Participant throws in one ingredient to share in a community meal, just no Poisonous Mushrooms ^_^

View user profile

2 Re: PUBLIC - Echaini Culture on Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:45 pm

I like the sound of it ^w^

View user profile

3 Re: PUBLIC - Echaini Culture on Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:57 pm

i can agree with is as well

View user profile

4 Re: PUBLIC - Echaini Culture on Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:06 pm

Can we make burgers and pizza a major part of our culture? If yes, that is all I need. Very Happy

View user profile

5 Re: PUBLIC - Echaini Culture on Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:58 pm

Anyone else got any ideas?

View user profile

6 Re: PUBLIC - Echaini Culture on Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:21 pm

Is the culture of Echain more family based or more modern? Do we have large families in the home or just the western style parents and kids?

View user profile

7 Re: PUBLIC - Echaini Culture on Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:28 pm

Well Mr. Rides on Chaos, what do you think the People of Versberg have? Before the war what were your fondest memories of your (your character's) family? Did you have siblings or where your family pretty small because of modern (for 1930s) life?

Let's say that the Monarchy and Noble system kept non-Nobles at relatively the same standard of living. So maybe on mainland Echain they are family centric with an average of 6-8 children with 4 children reliably surviving to adulthood

View user profile

8 Re: PUBLIC - Echaini Culture on Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:33 pm

We have to have an independence day with parades in all the regions.
Very Happy

View user profile

9 Re: PUBLIC - Echaini Culture on Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:35 pm

(MoD) Bradley3000 wrote:We have to have an independence day with parades in all the regions.
Very Happy

That's great! Which Independence? There are 3 in Echain's history alone. Should each one have their own day?

View user profile

10 Re: PUBLIC - Echaini Culture on Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:41 pm

I was thinking (in order to not overwhelm the people) there could be single day in the year where we celebrate all three. There could be floats that come at certain times of the day that each represent a period in history. The actual dates of each independence can become national holidays where people get the day off work. Very Happy Very Happy

View user profile

11 Re: PUBLIC - Echaini Culture on Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:55 pm

(MoD) Bradley3000 wrote:I was thinking (in order to not overwhelm the people) there could be single day in the year where we celebrate all three. There could be floats that come at certain times of the day that each represent a period in history. The actual dates of each independence can become national holidays where people get the day off work. Very Happy Very Happy

Awesome, I think I can work with that. Do you want to do a write up for the holiday or should I do so? I'm fine with either

View user profile

12 Re: PUBLIC - Echaini Culture on Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:17 pm

Your probably better at this kind of thing than me, besides I am waiting for a new charger and am having to type this on an Xbox and it takes forever.

View user profile

13 Re: PUBLIC - Echaini Culture on Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:49 pm

So after doing some research I realize something about the combined Independence Day Holiday. To make is easy I'm going to list their characteristics:

1) War of Independence (1739-1761): The objective of this war was to gain Independence from Portugal while at the same time... selling themselves out to the British. The "Hero" was Luis Camoes who was a known serial turncoat IE. "Starscream"

2) The League War (1794-1821): The King, realizing that the Nobles are keeping him weak by bypassing Tariffs and that he desperately needed money to help the country modernize the country, started doing the most evil thing you can do in Echain, taxing people to fund basic services. The nobles did not like this idea and form The League (basically they unionized) where they then tried to pressure the King into giving up Plainsdale. The King said no and the League went to war with him until by sheer coincidence a populous movement sprung up and the only way the King can survive is by granting concessions to the League, Abdicating the throne and recognizing the Leagues power. The "Heroes: Greedy, Evil, Short sighted Nobles"

3) The Resistance Against Occupation (1937-1945): Now this one is less scummy. The Japanese invaded and easily conquered Echain due to the fact that centuries of infighting, corruption and shortsightedness depleted Echain of all military resources and Echain was not advanced enough to make outdated weapons let alone modern weapons. Due to the highly factionalized nature of the resistance they were not able to make a true Resistance until near the end of the war where the Japanese pulled back enough that the Resistance was suddenly found that Yokoi Keiji, the most visible "Leader" of the Japanese Occupation, did not have enough soldiers to protect him. The Heroes of this conflict: "EVERYONE! \o/ ... but who should be the symbol of the revolution?

So... umm... what is this holiday suppose to be about?

View user profile

14 Re: PUBLIC - Echaini Culture on Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:10 am

Perhaps because of the consequences and actions that happened during and after the first two the only independence day we should have is the day we liberated ourselves from the Japanese. The holiday could focus on the unbreakable will of the people and the unity shown during the harshest times.

View user profile

15 Re: PUBLIC - Echaini Culture on Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:05 am

(MoD) Bradley3000 wrote:Perhaps because of the consequences and actions that happened during and after the first two the only independence day we should have is the day we liberated ourselves from the Japanese. The holiday could focus on the unbreakable will of the people and the unity shown during the harshest times.

That's seems the best. Btw, can you think up of a Name for yourself and your "Son" so I can update your character sheet in the wiki?

View user profile

16 Re: PUBLIC - Echaini Culture on Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:38 am

Gollvieg wrote:
(MoD) Bradley3000 wrote:Perhaps because of the consequences and actions that happened during and after the first two the only independence day we should have is the day we liberated ourselves from the Japanese. The holiday could focus on the unbreakable will of the people and the unity shown during the harshest times.

That's seems the best. Btw, can you think up of a Name for yourself and your "Son" so I can update your character sheet in the wiki?

Have it as Bradley Steele (3000) and the son would be Bradley Steele Jr (2000)

View user profile

17 Re: PUBLIC - Echaini Culture on Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:00 pm

Okay, just to drop in with some of my headcanon which is tied to geography and the map and that stuff.
This is a combination of my opinion and sort of "compatibility notes" for the map, neither being WOG.

Independences

First independence, really, was in 1580 as a pirate kingdom. This age is quite romanticized, especially because of its religious importance.

As for Camoes, he didn't sell Echain to the British; he rather skillfully exploited both British and Portuguese to gain favourable terms of independence. He was, in my view, a real genious, and the Golden age is mostly his doing.

League War was a complete chaotic mess and it's not really that fondly remembred. Only the aristocracy sees some worth in that, the common people felt betrayed (the League originally had high rhetoric about people's interest, but then crushed the revolution with the King).

The recent revolution happened too soon, so there shouldn't really be any symbols. We can frame it as the victory of the current Constitution, even though that was not really the nature of the Resistance.

Cultures, Roots, and Regions (and Areas, 'cuz I'm a nutjob)

This is going to be really crazy long, and, honestly, belongs more to the Wiki, but I'm already sick of it for the time being (and yet more than half of the cities don't have proper pages yet...)
Again, this is what I came up with while charting the map. It's by no means canon.
That out of the way, let's begin to untangle the mess that was created due to my net-like memory and parallel thinking and present it in a coherent, linear manner (I swear, it's like trying to represent a 3D object on a 2D plane... or more likely 4D on 3D, since my storage format is arcane even to me).
Thanks to all that I'll be jumping from one place to the next. Sorry for that; hopefully you'll be able to make some sense of it.

Let's begin with basic terminology. During his Captaincy, Luís Camoes codified and sculpted much of Echain's then-culture. For this part, language is most important. He created the Three Tier System.
In that, High Echaini was little more than Portuguese with minor English influence (loan words; pronounciation stays mostly portuguese); Middle Echaini was a pidgin of Portuguese and English; and Low Echaini were local dialects of the Regions.
Court language was only High Echaini; and all endeavours of the Monarch had to be conducted in it. However, court system and laws (not royal charters) were done in Middle Echaini. Low Echaini was given little credence, although it could be used by regional nobles in their courts and edicts, and, most importantly, charters.

That brings me to the Charters. Due to the nature of Echain, most colonization ventures were cone by Chartered companies, who raised capital and men in Europe. We'll go by some charters as we go along.

First colonized was Plainsdale, and Sandy was the Seat of Captaincy.
During the pirate reign, more and more Englishmen and other British people moved in, moving local language more and more towards English, to the point only the river names (emulating the great Tejo river in Portugal) remain from the original portuguese dominance in the Region.

The other distinct region at the time was Old Waltens area, later the remnant of Kingdom of Echain (first one, pirate one. Just remember - Portugal -> Pirates -> Captains (autonomy under Portugal) -> independence -> League -> Japan -> us). Waltens expanded into the Heartland after the establishment of the Captaincy as many fled from Old Waltens east and inland.
Thanks to the pirate influence, Waltens was also strongly British, and even the ruling class was such.

Southport was from the beginning very strongly British, and was used alongside Sandy as a port at the time. Sandy, though, couldn't support many ships in its rather shallow port.

Some pioneers ventured forth (gathered in parties, of course Smile ) and founded some settlements, such as Once-Port (yeah... we'll get to that in the "legends and religion" section).

So, this is the political division in late Captaincy.
Plainsdale was under direct control of the Captain. Southport was officially under his control as well, however control of the city was had by merchants and ship owners, since at the time, Southport was not connected to the rest of Echain.
Lastly, the rest of Echain was at least nominally (technically, legaly...) under control of Margraviate of Waltens, but that control de facto didn't extend past Heartland.

After the independence was won, Echain expanded rapidly.
First, there were two initiatives of the Crown - the Conquest of Verdant Gorge and Establishment of Central.
Conquest was very pragmatic - it was meant to connect Plainsdale and Southport, and tie Southport to Echain. Remember, at the time, Southport was the only major port, source of nearly 100% of crowns income, and culturally distinct from the portuguese royal court, so it was imperative that there was a reliable land connection.
The Establishment was more a combination of symbolic and pragmatic expansion meant to weaken Margraviate of Waltens.

However, due to these initiatives, the King was forced to make two concessions - give up direct control of Southport and Plainsdale, and also formally divide them.
Thus, Duchy of Plainsdale and Free City of Southport were formally born.

Waltens, in the meanwhile, expanded to current Eastport and Lurem. Lurem was colonized by Company for Irish colony in Waltens (chartered by Margrave of Waltens) navaly, starting in Whaley. Asheviere was not colonized at the time.
Lurem swelled with the poor Irish, and before long the County of Lurem (under the control of Margraviate) was elevated by the King to a status of Duchy and became independent of Waltens. This seeded the future League War, since this was seen as legal trespass by many noble families (Lurem was colonized by the Margrave, and with his money).
After this, Asheviere started being explored and exploited for its prime soil.

Now we're at the League War. It began because of pressure from Waltens, really. See, the Margraviate was heavily indebted, since it inherited all the costs for colonisation of Lurem, but not the benefits. Soutport joined and Lurem stayed mostly neutral in the war, until a popular uprising started there.

After the war, Waltens was still not doing well financially, even though it grew more and more in population. That led to the Great Sale, when Margrave Robert Galenni (heavy opium addict, BTW) sold current Estport (region) to Eastport City Council of Traders. Eastport was supported in this by the Crown as a form of revenge against Southport.

The whole 19th Century saw a linguistic shift, in which High Echaini became mostly Portuguese with English pronounciation, and Middle Echaini had English pronounciation and 1/2 the vocabulary being English.

Now is time for the great sidebar that is Versberg. oh boy.

(I have to go AFK for a while, so for now I'll just put this stub here and finish it later)

(decided to just split it; the rest is down below)

Last edited by Karbin Cry on Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

18 Re: PUBLIC - Echaini Culture on Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:48 pm

^ Looks good so far Karbun, keep on going

View user profile

19 Re: PUBLIC - Echaini Culture on Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:12 pm

There I have created a proper character bio on the wiki! Very Happy

Oh btw Gollvieg could you change my name on

http://echain.wikia.com/wiki/Player_Characters

as it is spelt wrong. thanks Razz

View user profile

20 Re: PUBLIC - Echaini Culture on Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:23 pm

(MoD) Bradley3000 wrote:There I have created a proper character bio on the wiki! Very Happy

Oh btw Gollvieg could you change my name on

http://echain.wikia.com/wiki/Player_Characters

as it is spelt wrong. thanks Razz

Thanks, I'm sorry I keep on spelling that wrong for some reason. Also this came up a while ago when I was going back and forth with Lorerunner and for the purpose of not screwing with history, no real historical figures. Can you change Douglas Haig to an expy?

View user profile

21 Re: PUBLIC - Echaini Culture on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:01 pm

Cultures, Roots, and Regions - Episode II: Attack of Germans; Japanese; and late Enlightened

So where were we?
Right. Versberg.

Boy, Versberg.

So, first, Versberg Island was sold to the English Crown during the 1st Kingdom (pirates). However, only in 1734 did colonisation start in a manner most unusual.

See, Versberg was property of the King of England, but the charter to settle it sort of, kind of, maybe, had also the authority of the Elector of Hannover. So Hannoverian subjects went to settle British land and sort of, kind of, maybe, automatically became British subjects.
This was weird, but for the British, Versberg was really, REALLY insignificant, and the Hannoverian court couldn't very well challenge the charter.
See, if they'd lose the challenge, which they could, it would set a precedent for Britain and Hannover to be ruled jointly and on the same level, as opposed to essentially independent, separate administrations who just happened to share a monarch.
Mostly, everyone just wanted to forget about it entirely, however the charter sent large numbers of Germans (mostly the poor and the landless) to Echain.

By 1740, Versberg was meant to be affirmed by Camoes as independent, however following the lenghty war concerning Echaini independence, Versberg became part of Kingdom of Echain (the 2nd) as County under the Crown, which meant it was the lowest territory in the court hierarchy (Margrave of Waltens > Dukes of Plainsdale and Lurem > Free Cities of Eastport and Southport > County of Versberg).

At the time, only Ankunft was settled, however most of the island was chartered quickly (in part thanks to the rocky Labyrinth) and Eden was discovered and founded.

In the League War, Versberg supported the monarch, but in reality, it was mostly uninvolved, and port towns of Hitzwind were founded, with Wormatia being a popular trading port due to instability gripping Eastport (sacked multiple times by the Revolutionaries) and Southport (razed multiple times by the Royalists).

And that brings us to Years of King Alfonso, when nothing really happened.

Well, not really.

So, in the aftermath of the League War, Duchy of Lurem was punished for the alleged support of the Revolutionaries by the Crown taking a portion of its land - namely Planalto de Pocos, where a colony was established by a charter supported by the Portuguese (well, "supported" - that support was never really all that strong).

Right, now we're past the League War.

In the following years, several important minor things took place. First was the expansion of the ROyal domain - Macks and Hythe were established, as well as the aformentioned Planalto de Pocos, then under royal control. The one major one was the independence of Eastport from Waltens.

Now we're in the Silver Age of Echain. The first major thing that happened was the settling of Isla del Estreitos and founding of Northport. Originally, Crown had full control in the area, but soon were forced to relinquish it and rule jointly with the League, as well as return Planalto de pocos to Duchy of Lurem.

Anyways, thanks to that income Aberisk was founded, led officially by the Sage Council (leadership of the Academy), however the true ruler of Aberisk was usually the most generous donor to the Academy.

Meanwhile, Versberg largely forfeited rights in Northport in exchange for more concessions concerning rubber, and had a sort of rubber rush with a lot of japanese immigrants - in fact, most of Echaini Japanese come from this rush, not the occupation. They founded Atarashi Shikoku (if you have better names, Gollvieg, please chime in), however, after the blight that took away rubber, the Japanese dispersed amongst all the regions.

In this time, southern Waltens, namely the Colony and southern part of Ribbons were settled by the British and Australians (however, all British and English who came after 1880 are considered Australian).

This brings us mostly up to date for my imagined regional history.

View user profile

22 Re: PUBLIC - Echaini Culture on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:32 pm

Cultures, Roots, and Regions - Episode III: Revenge of the Pirate Saint

Now we can move into some interesting pieces of lore I made up along the way. And we'll start off with a bang - the tale of the Pirate Saint, King Llewelyn Baines (just Baines from now on).

It all begins with a Storm - a Storm which separated the Manilla Galleon from its escort. That day, King Baines took to the sea once more and sailed from Southport to drive the Galleon to a tranquil bay to the east, later known for this occasion the Galleon Bay.

Why was the Galleon such a splendid price as to illicit such a response? Well, the Spanish had a deal with the Chinese - that but two ships per year could trade between the countries. The Manilla Galleon then sailed from China through Philippines to Acapulco. These ships were gargantuan, to hold as much china, jade and silk as possible, and no greater single prize could there be on the open sea.
That's why it was followed and protected by a veritable fleet of warships; a host too great for any pirate to take, and yet naught but toys for the great Storm which scattered the fleet and left the Galleon solely responsible for its survival.

Even then, only King Baines was daring enough to brave the wild sea past the winds, rains and thunder, to pounce on the most splendid quarry, and so he did; however he could only salvage little of its wealth before the skies cleared and the flotilla, now with vengeance on its mind, reared its masts on the horizon.

King Baines knew there was no escape by sea, with the Blockade tightening the noose by the minute. Instead, he lifted his ship on tree trunks and moved it inland for leagues, to reappear on the far side.
Then one day he rested in a village that happened upon his path, and stayed there with his crew, loot, ship and crown.

The ship was turned and made into a roof of a church, within which the most Ancient and Venerable Crown of Baines rests.

Coming out from myth mode in 3... 2... 1...

So, the village is Once-Port, the church was perhaps made from planks from the ships, and in the roof in the style of a ship's hull, but only the most devout and ignorant believe the actual ship was used.

The church became a Cathedral and seat of the Cardinal of Echain, as well as the goal of the Pilgrimage. Baines isn't actually a Saint, but the local Church tolerates him being proclaimed to be.

Church has strong influence in Once-Port, and limits the town in size and composition (that's why exactly 10.000 people, all with strong Echaini roots).

The Pilgrimage traditionally goes like this: Midway -> Hensen -> Sunshine Valley -> Mudtown -> Crayton -> both peaks of Little Brothers -> Verlok (ideally a vigil there) -> Once-Port (Sunshine Valley is often circumvented, since it's like a slightly less hardcore version of Death Valley).
People from Lurem Usually go like this: Walterhill -> Big Brothers (both peaks, through the jungle) -> Mt. Ashen -> Eyesee Isthmus (customary to swim through the boundary) -> Mudtown and the rest the same.

This all leads me to religion in general. So, by region and area (if area is not mentioned, it's the same as region):
  • Aberisk - lukewarm Catholic
  • Deerwood - lukewarm Protestant (from Anglicans)
  • Eastport - mix, lukewarm
  • Galleon Bay - hardcore Catholic
  • Lurem - hardcore Catholic
  • Planalto de Pocos - lukewarm Catholic
  • Northport - mix, but mostly Protestant (ex-Anglican)
  • Central - lukewarm Catholic
  • Plainsdale - mix, more Protestant; higher class Catholic
  • Southport - mix, 70% Protestant, but hardcore Catholic Dundarrach (which is inhabited by ex-luremite Revolutionaries who stayed after League War)
  • Versberg - pretty hardcore Protestant (Lutheran), especially in Eden
  • Atarashi Shikoku - hardcore zen budhism (again, Gollvieg's input requested)
  • Waltens - complete mix
  • Old Waltens - Cult of Baines (semi-catholic)
  • Azure Bay, Colony - Protestant (ex-anglican)

Anglican church was officially prohibited under the monarchy.

View user profile

23 Re: PUBLIC - Echaini Culture on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:42 pm

Cultures, Roots, and Regions - Episode IV: New Punishment

This will be short, I promise!
(kinda fitting, seeing I'm using the title of the simplest Episode Very Happy )

Some of you may have noticed Kerker, or Pen Road, or names of Central Massif peaks, or The Cons.

These all have to do with the disposal of criminals.

I'll start with Versberg, which is simplest. They just ship them to Kerker on Neue Spiekeroog. Kerker really is lawless and interesting.

Meanwhile, on the mainland, the process was quite different and much more ceremonial. For murderers, rapists, thiefs (if you stole from someone rich enough to bring charges to a special court) and similar level criminals went through the Pen Road on foot. Each peak corresponded with a part of the trial - first the decision of guilt (Crim x Free Peak), then at crossing the Ribbon of intent (Con) (you could be freed here even if considered guilty basically if the judge said that you had good reason for your deed. In reality, this was get outta jail free card for nobles, aristocrats and rich people), and finally confirmation of punishment (Exile) and the prisoner was forced to go to the Borderlands Jungle.

Curiously, many survived, and founded the Con City, which was once the largest settlement in current Eastport.
Novadays, it's more or less lawfull place; well, it pays taxes, at least. In truth, it always had a large amount of autonomy.

View user profile

24 Re: PUBLIC - Echaini Culture on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:44 pm

A new Olympic sport should be created for the fastest world building. Then again you would win every year so what is the point? Very Happy . Tolkien is envious.

View user profile

25 Re: PUBLIC - Echaini Culture on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:55 pm

So, one of the issues with Japanese coming to Echain before 1853 is that during that period of time, the entire country was on Super Lock Down by the Tokugawa Shogunate. No outside contact was allowed and no one was to leave the country upon the pain of death. So in order for there to be a significant number of Japanese in the country before WW2 they must all be culturally and ethnically Nagasaki... which creates a very very interesting situation between the Japanese Refugees and Japanese-Echaini. It might cause all of the Japanese Echaini to become protective of their long lost siblings because Japanese Culture is Semi-Xenophilic but resistant to change.

On the topic of the city name, it's better if it is one word because in Japanese two word names can get very long. So I would suggest using Atara (Cut out the shi because that means City in English so it would translate into Atara City City if you call it Atarashi City) Shikoku has word roots in province and 4 so it would translate into "four provinces"

Fun Fact: Atarashi Shikoku can be translated into: Atara City in the Province of Death Razz

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum