» Turn 10-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:32 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Domestic Intelligence

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 New Domestic Intelligence on Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:46 pm

Hello and welcome to Domestic Intelligence, if you have need of us than just contact us here, but keep it on a low profile. My secretary, Erena will greet you at the door and bring you to my office.

So again welcome

View user profile

2 Re: New Domestic Intelligence on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:14 pm

Ummm...
1) The game is paused and we aren't even sure if we will have a national government...
2) Your have to be voted in by the Senate...

View user profile

3 Re: New Domestic Intelligence on Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:07 am

Good to know, I can wait

View user profile

4 Re: New Domestic Intelligence on Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:39 am

I would like to suggest that the IA begins collecting captured aggressors, as well as studying items found on the battlefields, to discern the origin of the threat.

View user profile

5 Re: New Domestic Intelligence on Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:54 am

The rebels from Central were from a vassal lord in Lurem. Where he got the weapons? We don't know.

View user profile

6 Re: New Domestic Intelligence on Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:56 am

It' worth collecting any and all information we can get our hands on. Even a thing which seems insignificant can shine light on the matter in proper context.

View user profile

7 Re: New Domestic Intelligence on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:02 am

Does the DoI currently have the resources necessary to investigate the Japanese refugees arriving on our shores to make sure we are not harbouring fugitive war criminals escaping the international military tribunal currently underway in Tokyo?

View user profile

8 Re: New Domestic Intelligence on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:06 am

The thing I am wondering is, why Echain?. These people could have gone to French Indochina or Burma hell even Australia, but instead they come to an undeveloped island whose people have an inherent hate of Japan because of the occupation. It's like if they moved to China and asked for a friendly welcome, it does not add up.

View user profile

9 Re: New Domestic Intelligence on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:27 am

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say it's because we are a notably Western nation, and the Japanese became closer to Europeans during Meiji, and the fact Echain isn't as developed as, say, Australia.

I also believe that not many Japanese actually know what happened here during the Occupation due to the cloak cast by Indonesia, Indochina and Manchuria.

As for war criminals, I doubt they are amongst the refugees. They do have incentive to leave, but they will presumably have enough funds to relocate to a more agreeable locale. The intelligence agency should focus solely on the invasion threat for now; should the tribunal seek an escapee here, they should be allowed to make their own investigation under our oversight.

Which touches my next point - the question of resources. Sad truth is that the IA is in dire state, and has little capacity.
To survive current situation, we should focus exclusively on the current military threat, but that is not a long-term solution.
Some of us have networks of acquaintances, friends and informants working as a personal espionage cadre. That's natural result of the fact most of the Government were part of an underground resistance movement, but now we should all give up our sources and pool them together in the IA.

OOC: I'm basically proposing all of us give up our "secrecy" stat and give it to the national intelligence agency

View user profile

10 Re: New Domestic Intelligence on Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:20 am

OOC: I would if I had any.

View user profile

11 Re: New Domestic Intelligence on Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:21 am

OOC: Same here.... Sad

View user profile

12 Re: New Domestic Intelligence on Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:41 am

I hence propose an exchange of capacities between Governors and the Intelligence agency.

The Governors will transfer their clandestine networks in exchange for the political apparatus of the Intelligence agency.

OOC: So here's what I'm actually proposing, in gameplay terms.
Governors who want to will give their secrecy to the IA, and Nerozaz will give them Influence.
It will be point-for-point.
Since Nerozaz probably can't generate influence so fast he could "pay" immediately, he will have some amount of influence that he'll retain, and the "monthly instalment" will be first given to Governor with least influence who wasn't compensated yet.
Also, if someone gives 2 secrecy, after being given 1 influence, he has to wait until the others are all paid 1 influence (he has to wait for the second round).

We will need to know how much influence Nerozaz generates (*winking at Lorerunner*)
<EDIT> And whether we can transfer secrecy. I imagine it will have 50-75% converion rate, but again, that's a question for the GM.</EDIT>

If Nerozaz agrees to this, I'm in.

View user profile

13 Re: New Domestic Intelligence on Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:45 am

I'm going to hold back on this. I have a lot of problems in Lurem and I need to fix it before handing over my secrecy.

View user profile

14 Re: New Domestic Intelligence on Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:47 am

I put it up as an open offer. First, Nerozaz has to agree to it, and then individual governors. I will go through with it if he does, though.

View user profile

15 Re: New Domestic Intelligence on Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:07 pm

OOC: Actually I know who supported the rebels in Lurem with weapons. I just have not figured out how to create a pivate thread to tell all of you

View user profile

16 Re: New Domestic Intelligence on Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:07 pm

OOC: So if you guys want to know than help me

View user profile

17 Re: New Domestic Intelligence on Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:48 pm

I post all my findings on the thread "DI Findings [Private, only for Military-, Navy- and Goverment members]"

View user profile

18 Re: New Domestic Intelligence on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:07 pm

The Chair apologizes for not being 100% clear. As of the moment, the honorable Delegates (as there are two of them) have a monthly cap of 5 Influence.

19 Re: New Domestic Intelligence on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:22 pm

There are now 3 delegates Very Happy

View user profile

20 Re: New Domestic Intelligence on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:26 pm

So there is. That would leave each with a cap of 4.

21 Re: New Domestic Intelligence on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:30 pm

I would ask that you add these values to the Stats sheet, so it's clear and easy to find.

View user profile

22 Re: New Domestic Intelligence on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:40 pm

Hopefully both updated sheets will be clearer in the future.

23 Re: New Domestic Intelligence on Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:20 pm

My family's ships frequent many of the ports in the Asia-Pacific region and our people have connections from the marble business offices in Sydney to the seedy dockyards of Saigon. I am sure I can delegate any relevant information to the desk of the DoI.

ooc: for a favourable exchange rate, of course.

View user profile

24 Re: New Domestic Intelligence on Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:00 pm

I hope you understand that by milking the DoI like this, nothing will be done. Either hold back your offer or be more generous. At this rate, he's going to take on some heavy influence debt. Very Happy

View user profile

25 Re: New Domestic Intelligence on Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:08 pm

We have like 3 other delegates. And stick to 1:1, he is working to save our lives

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum