Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:50 pm by Frieza2000

» Turn 3-1068
Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:21 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

Official Thread Tracking Changes To The Game

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Official Thread Tracking Changes To The Game on Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:47 pm

So we have had our stream and hashed out some changes to the gameplay side of things.  We are keeping the current lore and story of Echain, with some small changes.

First, the lore changes.  The recent 'invasion' and Darbon group... haven't happened yet, to give you guys some time to acclimate to the changing gameplay.

Second, the BIG change; the federal government is effectively gone.  Now the 'federal' side of things is determined by the Council of Governors, each of whom has equal say in federal activities.  This also leads to the very first thing I want to discuss; who gets the Governor slots.  As of now it is a new mandatory rule as stated by me that a Governor has to be an active player.  I am defining active player as someone who has at least the time to hop on and do stuff (post, read, reply) once a day.  Doesn't matter the time zone, just as long as once per day you're available.  This is to prevent gridlock but also because the Governor slots have the most activity to do.  Thus, we need to determine which players have this availability and determine who should get these slots.  It is worthy of note that with the (high) possibility of expansions in the future, more players could become new Governors, depending.

Next, some new positions have been created with deliberate malleability in mind.

Delegate: Someone who is, effectively, a minister of a particular function of the Government.  A Delegate can propose laws and try to convince others to vote their way on them, but most importantly have an Influence Pool.  This is slightly different than the standard Influence Stat; it has a maximum cap (which varies based on the number of active Delegates to prevent inflation), which refills every Turn.  That Influence can be bartered with in order to try to convince players to their particular way of thinking.

Mayor: Someone who is in charge of an area, or district, or city, or otherwise subset of an existing Region.  Mayoral gameplay is almost identical to Governor without being part of the Council and thus uninvolved with the Federal side of things.  Everything stat wise is at about a tenth the scale, but these stats are tabulated to determine a region's stats (so Mayor changes affect Governors).  On paper Mayors are supposed to obey Governors, but in practice this is not enforced.   Mayors have a similar Influence mechanic to Delegates; they generate it automatically every Turn, but have a cap on how much they can have at a time.  Similarly, Mayors cannot tax their own people, and thus need outside assistance to get Currency to spend on projects or upkeep.

Further, Influence is getting a few changes and Wealth has been completely removed.  Influence of course will remain a currency, which can (and will) be expended doing... just about anything really.  But it will also start functioning as a 'health' stat of sorts; the lower it is, the less liked you are right now with the populace.  Get below 10, and you're in Danger and need to start doing rolls to accomplish anything.  Get below 5, and you're at Critical and will start rolling to not have a revolt on your hands.  Influence will regenerate at a rate of 1 per Turn naturally, and of course certain actions can increase it as well.  Influence can also be freely traded as a currency between players.

If I missed anything please feel free to poke at me or just add it.

Last edited by The Lorerunner on Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:10 pm; edited 4 times in total

View user profile
Herby I proclaim my divine right to conquer a place at the sun for the great city of Central!

OOC: I think my activity ok already, I just write this here for everyone to see.

View user profile
I would like to be a governor since I am quite active. My IC is orignially from central, but I can be anywhere. Very Happy
Also, what will we do with the constitution? I forgot to ask during the stream. Will we follow the same guidelines or what?

View user profile
The Constitution is probably being shredded in character, and definitely is out of character.

I can't help but notice no real responses on the REAL issue remaining; the governor situation. (Other than you Grifin)

View user profile
(MoD) Bradley3000 wrote:I will stay in my current role unless I am really needed.

View user profile
I will give Jaina Proudmoore a chance to stay on as Governor of Aberisk but if she wants I can take over

View user profile
I'll definitely be running for re-election as Governor of Plainsdale.

View user profile

10 Re: Official Thread Tracking Changes To The Game on Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:51 pm

I'm good where I am right now

View user profile

11 Re: Official Thread Tracking Changes To The Game on Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:16 pm

I'm fine staying in my current role unless I'm needed elsewhere

View user profile

12 Re: Official Thread Tracking Changes To The Game on Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:31 pm

We're going to do a little test.

So far I hear three Governors saying they're good for the role, out of nine potential slots. Anyone who has NOT responded to this thread saying they're still good for the role by, let's say, Sunday night, will be disqualified (at least for now) from the position.

13 Re: Official Thread Tracking Changes To The Game on Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:45 pm

If it's not too much trouble, you might want to throw up a youtube video mentioning that we're unpaused.

View user profile
Are we unpaused?

View user profile
I could become a governor, but I'd like to be a mayor, so I could show how much you can do as one Smile

View user profile
I'll stand down from my current role and maybe explore some options elsewhere, or sit out for a while.

View user profile
As for the Constitution, I would much rather prefer we ammend it and re-write it, so it is retained for "flavour" of the game.

View user profile
I'd also like to retain my governatorial post.

View user profile

19 Re: Official Thread Tracking Changes To The Game on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:20 am

Ultimately what is done with the Constitution is up to you guys... so long as it does not interfere with the existing gameplay as has been decided.

4 Willing Governors Thus Far:
Lorinbas
Grifenknight
WhiskeyWhiskers
Cecasander

2 Potential Governors:
Gollvieg
Bradley

As for the unpause thing, we will be unpaused the moment we decide on active players for the Governor slots.

20 Re: Official Thread Tracking Changes To The Game on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:48 am

I am also a potential governor.

Also, I thought about wealth-generation and mayors and I see three issues:

1) How do we do National bank and minting of money
a) scrap it all together
b) have a limited system of inflation goals + additional mints

2) Will wealth be generated on Regional or Zonal level?
a) Regional - money form taxes goes to governor
b) Zonal - money from taxes goes to mayor, who then sends it upstream to governor (and governor gains form the home zone)

3) How to make Mayors / Administrators relevant if money is generated regionally (which I support)
My proposals for that are:
a) Make gaining influence much, much easier for Mayors / Administrators
b) Mayors will have similar system as Delegates

View user profile

21 Re: Official Thread Tracking Changes To The Game on Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:24 am

I'm not sure about the national Bank, but I think either having a seperate entity or having the regions work together are the best options.

I think the money should be zonal too.

View user profile

22 Re: Official Thread Tracking Changes To The Game on Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:30 am

I am fairly ambivalent about the bank. As for wealth, I'd prefer for it to be generated regionally, and Mayors / Administrators would have influence system similar to delegates (or easier influence gain via actions). Zonal money brings a host of issues, whereas influence brings some nice hybridization and more incentive for cooperation.

View user profile

23 Re: Official Thread Tracking Changes To The Game on Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:45 am

I find myself thinking in agreement with Karbin. Let's make money generated at the Regional level; this will require Mayors to petition Governors for funds, which in addition to adding a connection point politically also means it could be used by the Governor against the Mayor. I am also in favor of making Influence easier to gather than Governors, to counterbalance this and to add a medium of trade. I'm liking the idea of using the Delegate system (capped, easily replenishable Influence) but I'm open to thoughts. Even if they just have the normal Governor style of Influence, it would actually make perfect sense that a local leader would have larger gains (and probably losses too) of Influence due to being more down to earth visible to the people.

24 Re: Official Thread Tracking Changes To The Game on Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:52 am

I had an idea for something very similar. I'm going to introduce legislation when we unpause to deal with it.

View user profile

25 Re: Official Thread Tracking Changes To The Game on Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:55 am

Then it seems like the regional system makes sense. I just thought that with the zonal system, the governors would have to politic their way into the funds of the mayors since the delegation of funds is up to them.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum