Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:23 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

» Turn 3-1069
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:21 am by FreelanceZero

» Bound by the Past
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:58 pm by SilverDragonRed

You are not connected. Please login or register

Council of Governors

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 15 of 16]

351 Re: Council of Governors on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:34 pm

I also believe mandatory minimums may have been brought up at one point while drafting the constitution and we rejected it in favour of judges using their own discretion. So I believe that part of the bill will have to be changed.

View user profile

352 Re: Council of Governors on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:35 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:May Krenzler leave the room?  He has brought no useful feedback and isnt a delegate.  He is neither a person of influence and importance and I don't believe his input has done anything so far.  Therefore, I would like to ask Bradley to tell him puppy to leave the room.  If not, I may have to order the guards.
]

You have no authority to do so you fool. If you are reduced to getting rid of an oppenint to win an argument you might as well declare dictatorship.

View user profile

353 Re: Council of Governors on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:35 pm

Order in the Court!

We have descended into petty squabbling and childish insults. This issued to tabled until the 36 hours have run out, after which it will pass unless someone can convince me, Lorinbas, Bradley, or Censander to change our votes.

View user profile

354 Re: Council of Governors on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:36 pm

Isn't that one vote away from majority? Why would it pass?

View user profile

355 Re: Council of Governors on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:36 pm

Governor Bradley3000 wrote:
Governor Grifenknight wrote:Krenzler, I did confront you...
To deaf in the ears to understand?  I'll repeat it since you deem it necessary.  I'm watching you suck puppy behind your leader while he speaks about allies, but decide to come out and spit on us when we bring up the same topic.  Need I further explain?

Are you calling the Admiral a sycophant?.

From what I can tell, that's the only reason he is here. You allowed him to enter, but he has given no input, yet he still pushes your viewpoint with spite and hatred... for some reason.

View user profile

356 Re: Council of Governors on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:37 pm

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:Isn't that one vote away from majority? Why would it pass?

Because after the 36 hour time limit, any Governor that has not voted will not count as a part of the full vote thus if Braigwen and Chaos does not vote it will be a 4/7 vote which is a majority

View user profile

357 Re: Council of Governors on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:38 pm

Governor Bradley3000 wrote:You have no authority to do so you fool. If you are reduced to getting rid of an oppenint to win an argument you might as well declare dictatorship.
Of course he has the authority. The admiral has no standing to be in this chamber. I will second the motion to have him ejected.

View user profile

358 Re: Council of Governors on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:39 pm

Governor Gollvieg wrote:Because after the 36 hour time limit, any Governor that has not voted will not count as a part of the full vote thus if Braigwen and Chaos does not vote it will be a 4/7 vote which is a majority
Fair enough

View user profile

359 Re: Council of Governors on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:39 pm

To deaf in the ears to understand?  I'll repeat it since you deem it necessary.  I'm watching you suck puppy behind your leader while he speaks about allies, but decide to come out and spit on us when we bring up the same topic.  Need I further explain?

You spoke about me in the third person despite being present, as if you deemed me beneath your notice.  People like you make me sick and I would not spit on you if you were on fire and only I could put you out.  Bradley's talk of allies is just as pointless at this juncture.  I just happen to respect him, because he has earned that much.

View user profile

360 Re: Council of Governors on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:41 pm

*The serjeant-at-arms pats the admiral on the shoulder and motions towards the large double doors.*

Last edited by Governor WhiskeyWhiskers on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

361 Re: Council of Governors on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:41 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:May Krenzler leave the room?  He has brought no useful feedback and isnt a delegate.  He is neither a person of influence and importance and I don't believe his input has done anything so far.  Therefore, I would like to ask Bradley to tell him puppy to leave the room.  If not, I may have to order the guards.
]

You have no authority to do so you fool. If you are reduced to getting rid of an oppenint to win an argument you might as well declare dictatorship.

if the man would give some decent insight or input, I would have no problem, but all he has done is insult and challenge us. He isn't an opponent, if that makes you feel better. He is just stating stuff with no facts and reasoning behind it...
I have had enough of this. The current source of squabbling is currently coming from a non-governor, krenzler, and therefore, I would like to ask for his removal?
If removing a useless personal from an argument is a dictatorship, then I support dictatorship whole heartedly...

View user profile

362 Re: Council of Governors on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:42 pm

I urge you, do not pass a law of such importance with such a split vote. Especially since I did offer to draft a counter-proposal and appeal to your decency to at least consider it once it's done.

I'd also like to ask Governor Gollvieg where he found such peculiar rule; I haven't seen it ever before, just like I never saw any rules concerning non-Governors attending to the Council, just like I never saw any rules giving anyone power to unilaterally stop a discussion.

And to admiral Krenzler; by not extending Governor Grifenknight the same courtesy you did to Governor Steele (bradley), you've given him cause to regard you the same way. Outside this room Governor Steele may be a war hero; but here he is just a Governor; one of nine.

OOC: which would make... Braigwen? the seven of nine? Very Happy

View user profile

363 Re: Council of Governors on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:43 pm

Admiral Krenzler wrote:

You spoke about me in the third person despite being present, as if you deemed me beneath your notice.  People like you make me sick and I would not spit on you if you were on fire and only I could put you out.  Bradley's talk of allies is just as pointless at this juncture.  I just happen to respect him, because he has earned that much.

The only respect that the general could have earned is at the Battle of Central and from what I am aware, I commanded alongside him. Nice refusal buddy, but it won't work this time. Get out....

View user profile

364 Re: Council of Governors on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:43 pm

We are not getting anywhere and are just decending into chaos and petty insults. This issue will be tabled for one issue, at which point we will decend into chaos again. I would like everyone to take five minutes to clear your heads and we can move on to the next issue.

Meanwhile, enjoy this calming cat video:

View user profile

365 Re: Council of Governors on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:44 pm

I have slightly edited the bill (added a few more exceptions and got rid of the sentencing) but that is as far as I will go on this.

If you wish to expel a military official from this chamber because he was not elected to a Governorship or is not a delegate, then you might as well get rid of me as I was not elected I am only an acting Governor. If you expel him then I too will leave and will resign my post.

I will not stay in a chamber that mocks those that have bled for out nation.

View user profile

366 Re: Council of Governors on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:44 pm

Governor Gollvieg wrote:
Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:Isn't that one vote away from majority? Why would it pass?

Because after the 36 hour time limit, any Governor that has not voted will not count as a part of the full vote thus if Braigwen and Chaos does not vote it will be a 4/7 vote which is a majority

OOC: So how exactly do we deal with unactive votes? Do they become Yay, Nay or abstained?

View user profile

367 Re: Council of Governors on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:46 pm

Forget it, Bradley.  I will leave, if only because my being here seems to serve no purpose given no one seems to have heard my opening statement.  Good luck, old man.  You're going to need it with this lot.

View user profile

368 Re: Council of Governors on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:47 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:
Admiral Krenzler wrote:

The only respect that the general could have earned is at the Battle of Central and from what I am aware, I commanded alongside him.  Nice refusal buddy, but it won't work this time.  Get out....

So all my contributions from before the occupation, my putting down the rebellion in Plainsdale, me defending Southport from the Japanese and my two month defence of the capital is not worthy of respect?. How my son became a friend of yours is beyond me.

View user profile

369 Re: Council of Governors on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:47 pm

Almost all in this chamber have bled for this nation, Governor. If you wish to resign do so, but do not think it is due to a matter of honour.

View user profile

370 Re: Council of Governors on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:47 pm

I propose we table the issue of Military conscription, and turn to the matter of procedure. If this conflict has shown anything, it is that we require rules to keep the Council orderly and civil.

I've already presented my proposal. We may now debate it or you may write your own, and we can debate them, but procedural rules are of the utmost import right now.

Also, as a side-note, are you, Governor Whiskers, satisfied with my last comment on your PRAT?

OOC: Right now, we simply need 5 or more votes.
And Whiskers, read my backstory. I've certainly not bled during the Occupation. Well, I could have had a papercut or two. Do they count? Very Happy

Last edited by Felix Clary zu Osegg on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

371 Re: Council of Governors on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:47 pm

Admiral Krenzler wrote:

The only respect that the general could have earned is at the Battle of Central and from what I am aware, I commanded alongside him.  Nice refusal buddy, but it won't work this time.  Get out....

So all my contributions from before the occupation, my putting down the rebellion in Plainsdale, me defending Southport from the Japanese and my two month defence of the capital is not worthy of respect?. How my son became a friend of yours is beyond me.
what?

View user profile

372 Re: Council of Governors on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:48 pm

Governor Bradley3000 wrote:I have slightly edited the bill (added a few more exceptions and got rid of the sentencing) but that is as far as I will go on this.

If you wish to expel a military official from this chamber because he was not elected to a Governorship or is not a delegate, then you might as well get rid of me as I was not elected I am only an acting Governor. If you expel him then I too will leave and will resign my post.

If you were elected or not, your still a governor.
And I dont care if he bled for this Damn nation if he isnt giving any input into the argument. He has just become a point of tension instead of being any help and is stalling any arguments we had.

To Krenzler, I read your initial statement and it has no real effect on the argument. You spoke with your heart instead of your brain and has no place in this area.

View user profile

373 Re: Council of Governors on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:50 pm

Governor Bradley3000 wrote:I have slightly edited the bill (added a few more exceptions and got rid of the sentencing) but that is as far as I will go on this.

If you were elected or not, your still a governor.
And I dont care if he bled for this Damn nation if he isnt giving any input into the argument.  He has just become a point of tension instead of being any help and is stalling any arguments we had.

To Krenzler, I read your initial statement and it has no real effect on the argument.  You spoke with your heart instead of your brain and has no place in this area.

By god this frustrates me, I am going to go clear my head....don't wait up for me I might be back in 10 minutes or 10 hours either way it is not long enough to be rid of this.

View user profile

374 Re: Council of Governors on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:50 pm

Alright everyone, Topic is now closed. Let's move the bills to the proper sub forum

View user profile

375 Re: Council of Governors on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:52 pm

Governor Gollvieg wrote:We are not getting anywhere and are just decending into chaos and petty insults. This issue will be tabled for one issue, at which point we will decend into chaos again. I would like everyone to take five minutes to clear your heads and we can move on to the next issue.

Meanwhile, enjoy this calming cat video:

OOC: What....what was that? Very Happy Very Happy

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum