Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Turn 6-1069
Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:41 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

You are not connected. Please login or register

Council of Governors

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 16]

76 Re: Council of Governors on Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:43 am

What food? From what I am aware, there was no reserve of food after the occupation and there is no possible way for you to grow food the past 3 months since it's been winter. I, also, doubt that farmers have been working the past few years due to our little revolution.

View user profile

77 Re: Council of Governors on Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:47 am

How would exchanges be a failure of the Government? In fact, the system of tradeable vouchers is really quite versatile.
First, a person will have mandatory, non-sellable rations which will be sufficient.
Then, the tradeable vouchers serve several purposes:
A) people who couldn't buy, say, beef, can sell their beef voucher to someone who wants beef, thus demand for beef is stabilised
B) it doubles as a social benefits system for the poor
C) exchanges serve accumulation of capital, by private or regional actors, so these gain funds for investment and further economic development

And even though food is being producer year-long (equator climate), it's supply is tight. Obviously there's plenty of food in Plainsdale, but it would by incredibly myopic to presume other regions are in the same position as the granary of Echain.
That Egypt had grain to burn didn't mean Rome didn't starve, Governor Whiskers

View user profile

78 Re: Council of Governors on Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:52 am

How bad are the food supplies? Are people starving right now or will they later on?

View user profile

79 Re: Council of Governors on Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:54 am

They will later on, especially with the refugees. We essentially have the choice of either let the refugees die, or institute rationing.
Not to mention rationing would achieve more equitable distribution of food across Echain, as well as more equitable prices.

View user profile

80 Re: Council of Governors on Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:55 am

Could some of them be put to work, as farmers? Or you could sent some of them to me, I could use some informers

View user profile

81 Re: Council of Governors on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:02 am

It would be a failure, because you're essentially creating a state-sponsored black market for vouchers. Profiting off a food shortage, it's profiteering! We are already rationing refugee's food. This is not simple geographical bias at work, we have enough food production. I need workers and I need equipment. I would prefer full humanitarian donations of food to struggling populations before I agreed with your rationing scheme.

View user profile

82 Re: Council of Governors on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:05 am

Even if we could produce food all year long, there was no production during the revolution, from what I am aware, and there is no way for food to magically grow food in 3 months.

View user profile

83 Re: Council of Governors on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:08 am

If that were the case, rationing would not save us either.

The regional government of Plainsdale will purchase all foodstuffs sold by our farmers and will be redeeming all vouchers across the island for free, if you remove the ability for the exchange of vouchers.

Last edited by Governor WhiskeyWhiskers on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:17 am; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

84 Re: Council of Governors on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:11 am

We need to establish more food productions. Do we not have any unused lands that could be turned in to farms or forests that we can cut down to make farmland. We could sell the wood with all the reconstructing thats going on around the world I bet we could make some money on that

View user profile

85 Re: Council of Governors on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:13 am

We're in the process of doing just that, we have much land lying fallow and I was attempting to recruit farmers with communally owned land from Waltens and Lurem.

View user profile

86 Re: Council of Governors on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:17 am

Thats good, but we need to do something with with all these refugees. If we just leave them where they are those places will turn in to slums making things much worse. If left there their anger will turn on us especially if we focus on feeding our own people and just leaving them to last.

View user profile

87 Re: Council of Governors on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:26 am

I'll reiterate my off in case someone missed it as I edited into my post.

The regional government of Plainsdale will purchase all foodstuffs sold by our farmers and will be redeeming all vouchers across the island for free, if you remove the ability for the exchange of vouchers.

View user profile

88 Re: Council of Governors on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:31 am

Nero Zaza, I understand you mean good, but this is the Council of Governors. I would like to ask you to remain silent unless the subject of your agency comes up. If you have a question or something to say, attempt to relay it through a governor.

View user profile

89 Re: Council of Governors on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:34 am

I apologize, I guess my new position got the better of me.

But I wont leave until I get an answer on what my agency's budget will be.

View user profile

90 Re: Council of Governors on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:37 am

At the moment your department has 800,000ESP. There has been no discussion of overturning the budget that was put into law by the last national government, as found here.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s_Lwenw39cq2xBTcn9m973p4LQI0UKxmZ09Qvy5h_hI/edit

View user profile

91 Re: Council of Governors on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:41 am

"I thank you Governor".

"Gentleman, I will take my leave now. If anything comes up that indangers our nation than just contact me at the DI HQ here in Central". OOC: Post on my thread

"Unless there was something more"

View user profile

92 Re: Council of Governors on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:42 am

That was put in effect last month and that budget is now null since it was ONLY for that month. My real question is: How much money did Infernal take?

View user profile

93 Re: Council of Governors on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:42 am

Depending on how much Infernal took, you more or less have 800k unless he took it all...

View user profile

94 Re: Council of Governors on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:43 am

OOC: I dont know he just left the game so I dont know how much he used up. Lore just said that DI was a mess so I assumed that means we have no money

View user profile

95 Re: Council of Governors on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:45 am

President Grifenknight wrote:That was put in effect last month and that budget is now null since it was ONLY for that month.  My real question is:  How much money did Infernal take?

OOC: I thought actions didn't count last turn?

View user profile

96 Re: Council of Governors on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:46 am

OOC: Idfk.

View user profile

97 Re: Council of Governors on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:47 am

guess we have to contact Lore

View user profile

98 How much did I take on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:48 am

OOC: None, all my resources were my own. or favors I called in.

Last edited by Infernal on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

99 Re: Council of Governors on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:50 am

OOC: So who ever replaces me have 5 rooms in the palace and the full budget.

View user profile

100 Re: Council of Governors on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:50 am

OOC: oh hi Infernal, thanks for clearing that up

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum