Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Today at 1:22 pm by Luslanz

» Turn 1-1068
Yesterday at 7:07 pm by FreelanceZero

» Turn 2-1068
Yesterday at 12:52 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Turn 12-1067
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:05 pm by Spartanmario

» Player Houses
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:08 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Koth Meeting
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:07 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Chelsey Wright: hiring a lawyer
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Tyranny Coupon 50%
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm by TheUltimateParadoxs

» Warlords II: Turn Four - Departure of a Hero
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:52 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

You are not connected. Please login or register

"DI Findings [Private, only for Military-, Navy- and Goverment members]"

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Also remeber that this group want this nation as their "new Japan" so they would not trust an Echainin (how do we spell it when multiple)? But I am half Echain so I might be able to get in even if its the lowest position

View user profile
Director Nerozaz wrote:Also remeber that this group want this nation as their "new Japan" so they would not trust an Echainin (how do we spell it when multiple)? But I am half Echain so I might be able to get in even if its the lowest position

OOC: Echaini....I think

IC: If you think that at any time you might be found out, get out quick and don't risk it.

View user profile
Governor Grifenknight wrote:Don't go yourself.  Hire a Japanese person or send an Echaini person of Japanese descent.  They have a lower chance of getting caught.
I believe we should reject these new refugees.  We don't have the food, infrastructure or housing to support them.

And risk a humanitarian crisis on our hands? We risk creating a race war if we act without thinking. So far the Refugee number have been manageable, way under initial estimates. I'm sure if we can track down their leadership we can negotiate with them or at least know who we are dealing with

View user profile
OOC: As a half Echain you can simple use that as an excuse that I dont work for you. I am the best fall guy if it all goes wrong.

View user profile
Refugees are an economical benefit in the long run. It's our job to make them a part of Echain, but I do not believe Echain is exclusive with this "New Japan" idea. Like Hindu god Brahma has many faces to oversee the world, Echain can draw power from its divisions and multitudes.
A nation based on the power of Regions, on power of united differences, should not cower in fear of diversity.
In fact, I believe we should actively support the Initiative; Eastport certainly will.

View user profile
Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:Refugees are an economical benefit in the long run. It's our job to make them a part of Echain, but I do not believe Echain is exclusive with this "New Japan" idea. Like Hindu god Brahma has many faces to oversee the world, Echain can draw power from its divisions and multitudes.
A nation based on the power of Regions, on power of united differences, should not cower in fear of diversity.
In fact, I believe we should actively support the Initiative; Eastport certainly will.

Of course you would support collaborating with the Japanese.....I welcome these people with open arms but will not allow this "new Japan" we are Echain, we will always be Echain not Japan.

View user profile
Hmm... can we get the original Japanese for this "New Japan" they speak of? Depending on the reading the meaning changes immensely

View user profile
And why cannot New Japan be a part of Echain? I was born in an empire glowing and growing thanks to its diversity, only to be swallowed by narrow-minded nationalism and divided into weak and inconsequential republics.
I know most of Echain suffered under Yokoi's reign, broken like reed which does not bend in the wind, but Japanese are not all Yokoi, and we're not him either.
Let's show them mercy and kindness; let's show we can be better, and Echain will grow stronger as a result.

Now, as far for Eastport's support of the Initiative. Is the information on Initiative's existence a secret, or is it a widely known fact? I do not wish to divulge protected information while announcing our support.

View user profile
Governor Gollvieg wrote:Hmm... can we get the original Japanese for this "New Japan" they speak of? Depending on the reading the meaning changes immensely

You mean they might be saying they can use Echain as a new Japan not in the conquering sense but in a new home sense?.

View user profile
You mean they might be saying they can use Echain as a new Japan not in the conquering sense but in a new home sense?. wrote:

OOC: This is why I need to check them. To see if they are a threat

View user profile
Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:And why cannot New Japan be a part of Echain? I was born in an empire glowing and growing thanks to its diversity, only to be swallowed by narrow-minded nationalism and divided into weak and inconsequential republics.
I know most of Echain suffered under Yokoi's reign, broken like reed which does not bend in the wind, but Japanese are not all Yokoi, and we're not him either.
Let's show them mercy and kindness; let's show we can be better, and Echain will grow stronger as a result.

Now, as far for Eastport's support of the Initiative. Is the information on Initiative's existence a secret, or is it a widely known fact? I do not wish to divulge protected information while announcing our support.

I have thought about this from a military standpoint. One day we will expand it is inevitable and so we must be welcoming to other cultures. What if we offered these people a Japan just like they want but instead we give them the real thing. When we are on stable footing and we expand (which we will) we conquer Japan and allow these Japanese migrants to form a semi-detached government from our own, with there own regions and have a national assembly which of course answers to Echain. We offer them this in return for their loyalty and commitment to Echain.

Ah but alas I am getting ahead of myself with dreams of national glory.

OOC: What I am basically saying is that as Lore said we will need to expand for the game to progress and so with conquered regions (Japan comes to mind right now as this could be used as a bargaining chip) we allow them a sort of self-governance like the UK does with the Welsh Assembly or if you want to go further the Scottish Parliament.

View user profile
Governor Bradley3000 wrote:When we are on stable footing and we expand (which we will) we conquer Japan and allow these Japanese migrants to form a semi-detached government from our own, with there own regions and have a national assembly which of course answers to Echain. We offer them this in return for their loyalty and commitment to Echain.

OOC: You do know that USA has military bases on Japan right?

View user profile
Director Nerozaz wrote:
Governor Bradley3000 wrote:When we are on stable footing and we expand (which we will) we conquer Japan and allow these Japanese migrants to form a semi-detached government from our own, with there own regions and have a national assembly which of course answers to Echain. We offer them this in return for their loyalty and commitment to Echain.

OOC: You do know that USA has military bases on Japan right?

OOC: Of course but one day we will be that powerful and I am talking about the DISTANT future. We can use this as a bargaining chip now that wont be collected for a very long time but something we can use right now.

View user profile
And I'm thinking on the matter as a historian, philosopher and a politician. If the Initiative and the New Japan movement are benign, our support will help foster better relations.

If they are radicals and nationalists, our support will confuse them, erode their ranks, perhaps completely converts them. And in the worst case scenario, as my father used to say, every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.

OOC: Yes, a Rule of Acquisition. And Japan is not realistic target. If there is a good early target, it's Indonesia, where we can wage guerilla and propaganda warfare.

View user profile
Am all for giving the japanese a chance, but if they are a threat to Echain than I will not show mercy

View user profile
Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:And I'm thinking on the matter as a historian, philosopher and a politician. If the Initiative and the New Japan movement are benign, our support will help foster better relations.

If they are radicals and nationalists, our support will confuse them, erode their ranks, perhaps completely converts them. And in the worst case scenario, as my father used to say, every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.

OOC: Yes, a Rule of Acquisition. And Japan is not realistic target. If there is a good early target, it's Indonesia, where we can wage guerilla and propaganda warfare.

I can see that, they will be expecting to be treated like sub-human which the so called leadership will use to their advantage. If we are kind to them then their these leaders lose all there power and the refugees start seeing Echain and it's leaders as a far better than even Japan and especially these so called leaders.

OOC: Of course the principal will apply to all conquered nations, this also makes it so a new player joining could become "the semi-government" or it's representative and run that nation like a Governor.

View user profile
Governor Bradley3000 wrote:
Governor Gollvieg wrote:Hmm... can we get the original Japanese for this "New Japan" they speak of? Depending on the reading the meaning changes immensely

You mean they might be saying they can use Echain as a new Japan not in the conquering sense but in a new home sense?.

You know how we use the word Earth for our planet despite it literally made dirt?

I have a suspicion about this "Initiative" especially since the name Ueda have been mentioned. If i'm correct then we panicked over nothing

View user profile
As Machievellie says in the Prince, there is two ways to conquer and govern a principality...
1) Force your culture onto them or assimilate them into your culture so they have no reason to fight back,
Or
2) Like the ottomans, allow your conquered territories to govern themselves, but report to a beylik (national administer). This gives them no reason to revolt and you get all the benefit from the people and the land.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

View user profile
Governor Grifenknight wrote:As Machievellie says in the Prince, there is two ways to conquer and govern a principality...
1)  Force your culture onto them or assimilate them into your culture so they have no reason to fight back,
Or
2) Like the ottomans, allow your conquered territories to govern themselves, but report to a beylik (national administer).  This gives them no reason to revolt and you get all the benefit from the people and the land.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

OOC: As I say option 2 seems the best for management and game play.

View user profile
I reject any talk of conquest. Especially conquest as suicidal as facing Japan. You treat our people's lives as if they were nothing when you talk this way.

I agree with Governor Clary and Governor Gollvieg wholeheartedly. We must accept these refugees and work to strengthen ties between us and their own grassroots movements.

View user profile
under his breath...

Hehehe... a non-militaristic communist...

View user profile
Governor Grifenknight wrote:under his breath...

Can we please hold off on the slander folks

View user profile
Governor Gollvieg wrote:
Governor Grifenknight wrote:under his breath...

Can we please hold off on the slander folks

...you still did not apologise to me, so don't go badmouthin' others for slander!

OOC: I know, I know. And really, my character is reasonable, certainly compared to Cry or Shinpei, but he won't let that insult go, not that kind of an insult Wink

View user profile
I never apologized only because you disrespected my culture call me whatever you want but keep my people out of it. But in the interest of cooperation, I apologize for any ill words I may have said both intended and unintended

View user profile
The Governor puts his head in his hands

Really? now is the time to have a discussion about slander?. I am sorry were your feelings hurt or did you have an arm blown off?.

Now is not the time for pettiness like that, let's get back to discussing bills. Now I know why I never wanted to be a politician.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum