» Turn 9-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:08 pm by FreelanceZero

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reoccurring Issue: Monthly Budget

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1 Reoccurring Issue: Monthly Budget on Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:54 am

Monthly Allocation of National Bank Funds (April)

OOC: Monthly Budget

OOC: This is my proposal for the monthly budget, we saw from the last allocation that the areas that have the least amount of people (because they suffered the worse damage in the war) quickly ran out of money trying to re-establish basic functions while areas that were well off had a budget surplus. Walten had a massive 12 million Espada surplus because there wasn't that much that needed to be built. I took a survey two months back (In-Game) and the people was in favor of evenly splitting the budget by 47% compared to split by population 43%.

Please tell me if you think we should move the money elsewhere.

View user profile

2 Re: Reoccurring Issue: Monthly Budget on Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:45 am

Does the DoI really need a budget of 7 million Espada?

View user profile

3 Re: Reoccurring Issue: Monthly Budget on Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:58 am

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:Does the DoI really need a budget of 7 million Espada?

I would rather he has money to hire more agents but sure let's reduce it

View user profile

4 Re: Reoccurring Issue: Monthly Budget on Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:13 am

I have no further issues with this bill and when discussion finishes I'd be happy to vote yea.

View user profile

5 Re: Reoccurring Issue: Monthly Budget on Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:32 am

I have no issue with it.

View user profile

6 Re: Reoccurring Issue: Monthly Budget on Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:55 am

OOC: Bless you for making it in a unit I can easily translate to the stats.

7 Re: Reoccurring Issue: Monthly Budget on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:12 am

OOC: BLESS THE LORD FOR GOLLVIEG!!

View user profile

8 Re: Reoccurring Issue: Monthly Budget on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:20 am

In this state I would also be in agreement with this bill.

View user profile

9 Re: Reoccurring Issue: Monthly Budget on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:37 am

I can agree with this.

View user profile

10 Re: Reoccurring Issue: Monthly Budget on Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:50 pm

The Lorerunner wrote:OOC: Bless you for making it in a unit I can easily translate to the stats.

OOC: I feel you brother, Oppressed GM'S Unite! sunny

IC: 5 votes aye, 0 votes nay 0 votes abstain

This motion carries, but I would like to keep it open until it reaches 24 hours so the Delegates have a chance to review their budget.

OOC: And give us their sweet sweet influence oh yeah Cool

View user profile

11 Re: Reoccurring Issue: Monthly Budget on Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:42 pm

As the governor of the most populous province, it's only a given that I object. Not that it matters, ofcourse.

View user profile

12 Re: Reoccurring Issue: Monthly Budget on Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:00 pm

Cecasander wrote:As the governor of the most populous province, it's only a given that I object. Not that it matters, ofcourse.

I understand Governor Sanders. I would like to remind everyone that this is not a how much money the National Government has to give out to us but is a Monthly loan. It is in our best interest to not borrow more than we need. If at the end of this month (turn) it looks like Waltens needs a higher budget we should readjust the budget. I would not suggest trying the overspend in order to justify your allotments, it will only put you into crushing debt and destroy your economy.

View user profile

13 Re: Reoccurring Issue: Monthly Budget on Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:14 pm

There are two issues with this arrangement.

First, the Bank printed 200 million ESP, but released only 100 million to the Government. I am sure the bank would release the rest if we make assurances to use it as a stimulus package.
The money was a loan under legislation passed by the Senate; and that is no longer binding.

Second, we must understand that this hand-out is special and unusual, as money will be levied by the Regions, who will then fund the national government; not the other way around. We should prepare materials discussing each regions participation to mediate these matters at a more calmer date.

View user profile

14 Re: Reoccurring Issue: Monthly Budget on Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:18 pm

I have no intention of doing so, nor do I truly object to the intend of this budget. Just had a point to make.

View user profile

15 Re: Reoccurring Issue: Monthly Budget on Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:19 pm

The Chair would also like to bring up the point that, strangely, has not been addressed yet; taxes and tariffs, being the most common forms of producing income on a regular basis for most governmental bodies. Assuming, of course, the people wish this type of thing.

16 Re: Reoccurring Issue: Monthly Budget on Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:22 pm

The Lorerunner wrote:The Chair would also like to bring up the point that, strangely, has not been addressed yet; taxes and tariffs, being the most common forms of producing income on a regular basis for most governmental bodies.  Assuming, of course, the people wish this type of thing.

Unfortunately, it seems that this issue is extremely contentious and each Region wants to set their own tax rates. (OOC: Good luck Grifenknight, you left one job where everyone wanted to kill you to go to the other job where everyone wants to kill you.)

Last edited by Governor Gollvieg on Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

17 Re: Reoccurring Issue: Monthly Budget on Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:31 pm

As it stands, it makes sense for only the Regions to levy taxes - after all, the National government was quite limited by the Constitution in this area.

OOC: Also, with Governors being the only currency generators in the government, it makes sense.

View user profile

18 Re: Reoccurring Issue: Monthly Budget on Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:54 pm

I didn't have a choice gollvieg...
I hate my life. Sad Very Happy

View user profile

19 Re: Reoccurring Issue: Monthly Budget on Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:03 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:I didn't have a choice gollvieg...
I hate my life. Sad Very Happy

OOC: You had a choice between Southport or was it Eastport, and Lurem. You chose Lurem, now you must show them what you got and be the Dictator they deserve. Here's a hint, think like a tribal chieftain.

I was perfectly fine with being Governor of Lurem. People just didn't like my Vassal Cannon or my Novelty Skull Chair made from disloyal Vassels

View user profile

20 Re: Reoccurring Issue: Monthly Budget on Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:05 pm

Well, Karbin told me to do it so I kinda went along with it...

View user profile

21 Re: Reoccurring Issue: Monthly Budget on Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:09 pm

I just said it could be nicely explained in lore, Grifen. Besides, your presidency proved you're just a masochist with a death wish, I just wanted you to be happy! Very Happy

View user profile

22 Re: Reoccurring Issue: Monthly Budget on Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:12 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:Well, Karbin told me to do it so I kinda went along with it...

OOC: Just invite all your Vassels to your home for a celebration, pull a Red Wedding and build a suit of armor made from their bones. It's WICKED Metal and thanks to prime time TV, counts as PG nowadays. Those second-in-commands will know the price of going against you when they see how awesome your armor is.

Last edited by Governor Gollvieg on Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

23 Re: Reoccurring Issue: Monthly Budget on Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:40 pm

if only it was that simple...
And having a death wish is kinda IC too...

View user profile

24 Re: Reoccurring Issue: Monthly Budget on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:21 pm

The Lorerunner wrote:The Chair would also like to bring up the point that, strangely, has not been addressed yet; taxes and tariffs, being the most common forms of producing income on a regular basis for most governmental bodies.  Assuming, of course, the people wish this type of thing.

I have  custom GM tool that I made for D&D for taxes on player controlled cities. I'll look for it and post it here for you to see later.

Here it is, oh the memories... and that poor poor unicorn Sad

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fmhF-AWTo5ex47akoCBzxWfHEYUtv4LICtq1Ef4ieUs/edit?usp=sharing

If you want to use this Lore, you can change Favor to Morale and PP to ESP(M)

With the Accrual you can change the multiplier from 3 to 2 or 1 depending on how fast you want them to gain/lose Morale based on game balance

As for the skill check I leave it up to you. I will PM you the edit link in case you want to use it.

View user profile

25 Re: Reoccurring Issue: Monthly Budget on Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:38 am

The Chair has officially set up the approved numbers as 'initial' budget. Going forward Governors will have to start generating their own Currency or plead for loans from the federal reserve to function.

And the spreadsheet has been updated to reflect this.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum