» Turn 9-1068
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:59 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

» Is The Federation in Star Trek Fascist?
Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:59 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darpon discussion.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26 Re: Darpon discussion. on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:16 pm

Well Governor Grifenknight it seems the man you actively insulted by the name of Admiral Krenzler just contacted me to offer support. He offers the use of his destroyer and the men under his command.

View user profile

27 Re: Darpon discussion. on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:17 pm

The navy cant help. This is only their personal militias from what I am aware.

View user profile

28 Re: Darpon discussion. on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:18 pm

If you lead battle to the shore, it can safely bombard the enemy.
Is negotiation at all an option?

View user profile

29 Re: Darpon discussion. on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:19 pm

It's not bribery. They helped us, we'll pay them.

As for preparation, this is simply forcing us to choose an alliance web prematurely.

OOC:Are we aware of the country their business is registered in?

OOC2: This is getting confusing and I'd suggest Griffen make a new thread.

Last edited by Governor WhiskeyWhiskers on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

30 Re: Darpon discussion. on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:19 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:The navy cant help.  This is only their personal militias from what I am aware.

The navy cant help?. What about all the men on those ships? or the bombardment that will devastate these rag-tag rebels?.

View user profile

31 Re: Darpon discussion. on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:20 pm

I am currently receiving Japanese-Echaini Refugees from Lurem. They say that they are survivors of a systematic campaign of Genocide inflicted by Lurem

View user profile

32 Re: Darpon discussion. on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:22 pm

Possibly, but battle would allow me to destroy all the vassals in one clean swoop. Its better in the long run especially since only Plainsdale is the one sending any help(Bradley does not count as Southport, he is merely one man).

I cant exactly steer the enemy, I only know that they are going to Lurem, which is far off the coast and the navy would be useless(look at the map).

Concerning the genocide, thats the vassals...

View user profile

33 Re: Darpon discussion. on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:23 pm

We will take Japanese from Lurem as well, if it at all helps either Lurem or Aberisk.

View user profile

34 Re: Darpon discussion. on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:24 pm

I did warn you guys that the people of Lurem did not like the Japanese.

View user profile

35 Re: Darpon discussion. on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:30 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:Possibly, but battle would allow me to destroy all the vassals in one clean swoop.  Its better in the long run especially since only Plainsdale is the one sending any help(Bradley does not count as Southport, he is merely one man).

I cant exactly steer the enemy, I only know that they are going to Lurem, which is far off the coast and the navy would be useless(look at the map).

Concerning the genocide, thats the vassals...

Since I started the Rangers, the Luremites have been after my head. It seems that they can't tell the difference between a Chinese man and a Japanese man. Fine, it's my head they want, they can try their best to get it. I offer myself as bait.

Last edited by Governor Gollvieg on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

36 Re: Darpon discussion. on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:33 pm

I will go with Gollvieg. Surely the Traitor of Wellington is a welcome quarry for nationalists.

View user profile

37 Re: Darpon discussion. on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:39 pm

I have made a thread in the private caucus

View user profile

38 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:13 am

I respectfully ask Darpon to stay out of this issue because our enemy is not an army that they can just over power with guns and men. There are innocents, prisoners and compelled mixed in with the fanatics and in order to stop them we need to surgically dismantle the Vassels.

View user profile

39 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:35 pm

I would suggest talking to them. They're armed and popular and probably not going to leave by themselves. It's worrying what will happen when people will be calling for more minority blood, though. I think we should also make it clear that their presence in Echain is unlawful we will consider them an invading foreign power until further considerations.

View user profile

40 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:46 pm

I think we can reasonably assume that Darbon wishes to stay and supplant our military. Now, on the condition they apply for citizenship, swear on the Constitution to serve Echain and its Law, would we let them?

I think we should.

View user profile

41 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:50 pm

For me there would be a difference between supplant and supplement. With the second I am ok, with the first I am in absolute opposition.
But we should first listen to them, we are here and do not even know what they want, and I still have hope that it will be something harmless, as improbable as this would be....

View user profile

42 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:02 pm

OOC: I doubt these mercenaries will leave us in peace and will probably attempt to grab some sort of position of power in Echain. If that is the case, I propose cutting the head off of the snake by setting up an "accident" during the meeting or a possible "assassination attempt" on the Council. Im sure Darpon will scatter after their leadership is gone, but if they don't, we can nuke them.

IC: I think we should speak with them, but we should be prepared just in case.

View user profile

43 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:03 pm

Invite them into the chamber and get this over with.

View user profile

44 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:08 pm

Oh, I've actually been in a private discussion with Darbon representatives while mustering a force in Eastport to stop Luremite revolt.
Their representative expressed wish for Darbon to become our militaryin full.

OOC: We've all seen what planning "accidents" leads to, Grifen.

View user profile

45 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:10 pm

Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:Oh, I've actually been in a private discussion with Darbon representatives while mustering a force in Eastport to stop Luremite revolt.
Their representative expressed wish for Darbon to become our militaryin full.

OOC: We've all seen what planning "accidents" leads to, Grifen.

What do they want in return for this?. Money?.

View user profile

46 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:12 pm

In any case, we should open communications quickly, lest they start dictating demands in public, or issue a ransom note.

Their power base is not just their superior arms, but their support amongst the ethnic Echaini. Our campaign against them should best be fought in the media and within the public discourse. If we can dislodge the Darpon from their domestic support, they can no longer claim any moral right or obligation. Therefore, it's probably also most prudent right now to make the clashing parties stop and make them feel heard by the government - us.

View user profile

47 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:14 pm

A Darpon representative shall be waiting in chat should any government officials wish to talk to them.

48 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:17 pm

I propose I stay in one to one communication with Darbon, informing and consulting the Council. This has two advantages - I¨ve already established contact, and any statement of mine is not binding to the Council at large.

OOC: I would be sending screenshots of those PM's here for transparency

View user profile

49 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:41 pm

Contract with Darpon

During the debate with Darpon representatives, and thanks to my negotiation talent, we've drafted a contract with Darpon I now present for ratification to the Council.

Darpon will be hired to help Echaini armed forces until 1950
Echaini military will be kept as a separate structure
Darpon will be subservient to the Council
Darpon will not be allowed to recruit Echaini citizen

Darpon will be stationed at a base (barracks and harbour) on Dente Doce, Voros or Fishleep
The Government will bild these barracks

Darpon will be payed:
- 40 ESP this year
- 80 ESP for 1947
- 120 ESP for 1948
- 240 ESP for 1949

I vote for this contract.

View user profile

50 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:46 pm

AYE

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]