Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Today at 2:10 pm by ZeroCool

» Turn 1-1068
Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:01 pm by wolfking2k

» Turn 12-1067
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:05 pm by Spartanmario

» Player Houses
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:08 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Koth Meeting
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:07 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Chelsey Wright: hiring a lawyer
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Tyranny Coupon 50%
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm by TheUltimateParadoxs

» Warlords II: Turn Four - Departure of a Hero
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:52 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Greedfall, new game by Spiders: teaser trailer
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:16 am by RorytheRomulan

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darpon discussion.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:15 pm

NAY

View user profile

52 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:25 pm

Unfortunately due to circumstances I must vote aye

View user profile

53 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:33 pm

I urge you not to. I have a hunch the vassal rebellion and the invasions are all being masterminded by Darpon, or someone with an interest in seeing Darpon take over the country. It would be base folly to allow them to simply waltz in.

View user profile

54 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:35 pm

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:I urge you not to. I have a hunch the vassal rebellion and the invasions are all being masterminded by Darpon, or someone with an interest in seeing Darpon take over the country. It would be base folly to allow them to simply waltz in.

I understand, which is why I protest to letting them in, but the fact of this situation is that, who's going to stop them? At least this way we can control where they are going to be

View user profile

55 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:42 pm

Most importantly, we bought ourselves time and some breathing room. Unfortunately, Darpon is here to stay - until 1950, that is. Until that time, we must build up our own strenght.

View user profile

56 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:43 pm

If we agree to this. Where does Darpon originate? What country?

View user profile

57 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:44 pm

AYE

View user profile

58 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:51 pm

We have to go to the UN about this. It's disgusting.

View user profile

59 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:51 pm

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:If we agree to this. Where does Darpon originate? What country?
Technically Germany, but that was in the 1800's. They're multi-racial.

60 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:54 pm

A German PMC and we didn't even try and get the world's attention?

View user profile

61 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:56 pm

Trust me. Darpon is not formulating the vassals rebellions. That is their own independent action in order to consolidate their power.

View user profile

62 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:58 pm

And it was a Lurem vassal commander that launched the invasion that Darpon was fully prepared and in place to stop. We didn't take the bait the first time, so they're trying again. It's a set-up and you're all acting like schmucks.

View user profile

63 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:59 pm

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:And it was a Lurem vassal commander that launched the invasion that Darpon was fully prepared and in place to stop. We didn't take the bait the first time, so they're trying again. It's a set-up and you're all acting like schmucks.

The battle of Central was stopped by us and not Darpon. That was the battle with a Lurem vassal. The more recent battles all over the region was done by an unknown force and THAT was stopped by darpon. You are getting the two mixed up...

View user profile

64 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:01 pm

They've been a PMC for centuries. That means they keep contracts - otherwise they'd be dead, destroyed or bankrupt already.
If we didn't make the deal, we could be in an impossible situation with Darpon with 29 regimen and 7 destroyers on our neck and 10 regimen of rebels in Lurem at our backs.

View user profile

65 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:02 pm

And we were warned of the second attack by documents found on a body at the Battle of Central. The two are clearly connected.

View user profile

66 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:03 pm

I wish I could jump to conclusion as easily as you, Governor Whiskers. Unfortunately, I always look for the complex facts, not their face value.

View user profile

67 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:05 pm

I have to support Felix here. We have no information pertaining these matters and we cant rush into blind conclusions.

View user profile

68 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:05 pm

Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:They've been a PMC for centuries. That means they keep contracts - otherwise they'd be dead, destroyed or bankrupt already.
If we didn't make the deal, we could be in an impossible situation with Darpon with 29 regimen and 7 destroyers on our neck and 10 regimen of rebels in Lurem at our backs.

So they are both simultaneously to be trusted and an existential threat that will turn on us the moment our back is turned? Reject the contract and ask them to leave. At least see how they respond.

View user profile

69 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:07 pm

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:
Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:They've been a PMC for centuries. That means they keep contracts - otherwise they'd be dead, destroyed or bankrupt already.

So they are both simultaneously to be trusted and an existential threat that will turn on us the moment our back is turned? Reject the contract and ask them to leave. At least see how they respond.

Given the political climate, that's about as good an idea as trying to unilateraly shackle and murder the vassals, and look how that turned out.

View user profile

70 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:09 pm

Then they cannot be trusted as our military. We have to go to the UN. I would rather spend a few months under occupation, fighting a hostile force than wake up dead.

View user profile

71 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:17 pm

And I would rather my people stay alive in my stead

View user profile

72 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:19 pm

Can anyone give me a reason why we should not approach the UN, even if we accept this contract we can try and have it declared illegitimate, because we were coerced into signing it.

View user profile

73 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:19 pm

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:Can anyone give me a reason why we should not approach the UN, even if we accept this contract we can try and have it declared illegitimate, because we were coerced into signing it.

What will the UN do?. Shout Darpon to death?.

View user profile

74 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:25 pm

A UN resolution might see the US head a liberation force. We're on the doorstep of the US sphere of influence with the Phillipines next to us.

View user profile

75 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:28 pm

Vote is:
Steele, Gollvieg, Ryder, Clary - FOR
Whiskers - AGAINST

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum