» Turn 9-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:08 pm by FreelanceZero

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darpon discussion.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:28 pm

Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:
Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:
Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:They've been a PMC for centuries. That means they keep contracts - otherwise they'd be dead, destroyed or bankrupt already.
If we didn't make the deal, we could be in an impossible situation with Darpon with 29 regimen and 7 destroyers on our neck and 10 regimen of rebels in Lurem at our backs.

So they are both simultaneously to be trusted and an existential threat that will turn on us the moment our back is turned? Reject the contract and ask them to leave. At least see how they respond.

Given the political climate, that's about as good an idea as trying to unilateraly shackle and murder the vassals, and look how that turned out.

I didnt even attempt to murder the damn vassals.  I literally sent out some terms...

I vote AYE.

View user profile

77 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:29 pm

Contract with Darpon passes.

Let's not dwell on spilled milk.

View user profile

78 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:36 pm

Will everyone at least agree we are being coerced into this deal?

View user profile

79 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:37 pm

Possibly.

View user profile

80 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:38 pm

Given that we have about 3 regiments to fight in Lurem, I also suggest we order the entire Darpon force to go fight in Lurem as well

View user profile

81 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:40 pm

Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:Given that we have about 3 regiments to fight in Lurem, I also suggest we order the entire Darpon force to go fight in Lurem as well

Don't dodge the question. Do you feel that you would have signed this contract if not for the overwhelming military force they have a mere kilometre or two away from this very building?

View user profile

82 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:40 pm

Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:Given that we have about 3 regiments to fight in Lurem, I also suggest we order the entire Darpon force to go fight in Lurem as well

We arent sure how many regiments we have, so no need to rush into things.

View user profile

83 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:41 pm

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:

Don't dodge the question. Do you feel that you would have signed this contract if not for the overwhelming military force they have a mere kilometre or two away from this very building?

I would have for reasons you would not like.

View user profile

84 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:42 pm

And those reasons? I am honestly shocked at the way this vote went.

View user profile

85 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:42 pm

We would have more time and could consider other solutions, but I am satisfied with the contract as it is, and I don't believe Darpon means us any harm.

View user profile

86 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:43 pm

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:And those reasons? I am honestly shocked at the way this vote went.

Have a guess what the military general would want with a large army at his disposal. Maybe in a few months I will present an bill on this matter.

View user profile

87 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:44 pm

You can rule Dente doce off as a location for their barracks. I'm not having them. They can transit through Plainsdale, but they won't be welcome.

View user profile

88 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:45 pm

I have one goddamn regiment. If Gollvieg has at least that, I'd be surprised. I don't know what you've got, Griffen, but I eagerly it's not much.
Waltens didn't even mobilise, as far as I know, Central didn't either, and other regions sit on their hands wishing for the best, and even if they tried, they're too far away.
We need a quick victory, and to ensure that, we need Darpon.

View user profile

89 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:47 pm

Fuck...

View user profile

90 Re: Darpon discussion. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:49 pm

It is possible that religious support I procured can whitle down rebel forces, but seven regiments is a tall order for a couple leaflets to disperse.

OOC: Whiskey, once I get out of bath, I'll send you something that could sway you on some things concerning Darpon

View user profile

91 Re: Darpon discussion. on Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:07 am

As discussed I vote AYE though I do so with heavy heart.

View user profile

92 Re: Darpon discussion. on Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:19 pm

The Governor walks in looking a little dazed and astounded by the chamber and gawks for a good 20 seconds.

Err..mm I was just going to say I representing the people....er no erm representing Southport do with a grave heart confirm my predecessors AYE

View user profile

93 Re: Darpon discussion. on Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:26 pm

This motion passed:

Darpon hired, Fishleep is to be used as their base, the owners of the Island, Governor Grifenknight and Gollvieg both gave their verbal approval to the action witnessed by Governor Felix, Governor Lorinbas and Former Governor Bradley.

Please Archive

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum