» Battle of Scales
Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:31 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Eye of the Storm
Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:36 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» Turn 9-1068
Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:55 pm by SilverDragonRed

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

» Is The Federation in Star Trek Fascist?
Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:59 pm by NMdum1

» House Creation
Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:10 pm by SilverDragonRed

You are not connected. Please login or register

Out Of Character

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 27]

26 Re: Out Of Character on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:01 pm

Lurem was running perfectly well when I left it - lots of trade, one of the only economies that wasn't in a deficit, no starvation or food shortages, lots of employment. All that was needed was a slow approach to remove the vassals, preferably through a methodical curtailing of their power rather than trying to do it in one turn. And they were basically essential to maintain order across such a vast distance of highly populated and massively disenfranchised individuals during the chaos. TomRP did nothing wrong! pirat

View user profile

27 Re: Out Of Character on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:01 pm

I don't think it was inevitable. And even if it wasn't, accelerating it, pouring gasoline on the situation, and all that at a moment we had no actual way of fighting in the conflic, and also with 29 regiments of mercs stationed in Central was not a good idea.

And Tom, I take your point, but for gods sake, did you have to give them guns?

View user profile

28 Re: Out Of Character on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:03 pm

TomRP wrote:Lurem was running perfectly well when I left it - lots of trade, one of the only economies that wasn't in a deficit, no starvation or food shortages, lots of employment. All that was needed was a slow approach to remove the vassals, preferably through a methodical curtailing of their power rather than trying to do it in one turn. And they were basically essential to maintain order across such a vast distance of highly populated and massively disenfranchised individuals during the chaos. TomRP did nothing wrong! pirat

Except for getting them to hate both the National Government and the Japanese. Thanks to you and your Whoopsie army we are playing Crusader Kings 2 right now

View user profile

29 Re: Out Of Character on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:10 pm

Governor Gollvieg wrote:
TomRP wrote:Lurem was running perfectly well when I left it - lots of trade, one of the only economies that wasn't in a deficit, no starvation or food shortages, lots of employment. All that was needed was a slow approach to remove the vassals, preferably through a methodical curtailing of their power rather than trying to do it in one turn. And they were basically essential to maintain order across such a vast distance of highly populated and massively disenfranchised individuals during the chaos. TomRP did nothing wrong! pirat

Except for getting them to hate both the National Government and the Japanese. Thanks to you and your Whoopsie army we are playing Crusader Kings 2 right now

It was completely under control, with the former national government removed that could have been played up as a victory for Lurem. As for the Japanese, I regret that it was necessary to make a bogeyman, but it worked to unite Lurem against a common enemy. And hey, they voted for an openly Japanese governor once - Goro Tanaka - so it couldn't have been that bad. I probably should have warned everyone how much of a deft touch Lurem required, but ah well, it was fun to watch.

View user profile

30 Re: Out Of Character on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:13 pm

TomRP wrote:
Governor Gollvieg wrote:

It was completely under control, with the former national government removed that could have been played up as a victory for Lurem. As for the Japanese, I regret that it was necessary to make a bogeyman, but it worked to unite Lurem against a common enemy. And hey, they voted for an openly Japanese governor once - Goro Tanaka - so it couldn't have been that bad. I probably should have warned everyone how much of a deft touch Lurem required, but ah well, it was fun to watch.

No wonder you turned tail and run *shakes fist*

Btw, you coming back as a player?

View user profile

31 Re: Out Of Character on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:18 pm

I'm just taking a back seat for now, but probably in the future. You guys are doing a great job drafting up the bills, really fun to observe!

View user profile

32 Re: Out Of Character on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:19 pm

View user profile

33 Re: Out Of Character on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:22 pm

Btw, the Vassel shit was just ONE of the 2 player caused crisis, so who invited the Mercs?

View user profile

34 Re: Out Of Character on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:30 pm

Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:snip

Keyword: "was" Laughing

View user profile

35 Re: Out Of Character on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:07 pm

I'm actually thinking that the back-end of this game would be better done in Victoria II than in Civ5.

View user profile

36 Re: Out Of Character on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:09 pm

Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:I'm actually thinking that the back-end of this game would be better done in Victoria II than in Civ5.

I can see that as it does deal with population and there beliefs for different things.

DON'T MESS WITH CHINA IF YOU ARE DAI NAM THOUGH. Very Happy

View user profile

37 Re: Out Of Character on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:10 pm

I might even make an Echain mod. Right now only for this game, not Echain on world map, but map with only echain. Maybe. I don't know yet Smile

View user profile

38 Re: Out Of Character on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:11 pm

Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:I might even make an Echain mod. Right now only for this game, not Echain on world map, but map with only echain. Maybe. I don't know yet Smile

Lurem would have a constant "rebellion is gathering" alert going on. Very Happy

View user profile

39 Re: Out Of Character on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:13 pm

I'll wait for Lorerunner; if he says I should make it, I will.

View user profile

40 Re: Out Of Character on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:36 pm

Y'know I still haven't played Victoria II. It's the only one of the four I haven't.

41 Re: Out Of Character on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:47 pm

The Lorerunner wrote:Y'know I still haven't played Victoria II.  It's the only one of the four I haven't.

You should consider it. It is a lot easier than CK2 imo and the only thing really difficult to understand at first is trade.

If you ever do play it start off as America so as to not get overwhelmed and definitely don't start as the UK with the massive Empire to manage and the unending Indian states to pacify. Plus the constant threat of war with France and the Prussians trying to form the North German Federation by invading Hanover.....ahh. Razz

View user profile

42 Re: Out Of Character on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:49 pm

Also, as the US, you can learn how to colonise much better than the Race for Africa, which is very very hard for someone playing for their first time.

View user profile

43 Re: Out Of Character on Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:54 am

Vicky 2 is easily the best and jankiest p'dox title and I hope they start working on a third soon. Not a single dev at paradox knows how the global market code works.

View user profile

44 Re: Out Of Character on Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:56 am

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:Vicky 2 is easily the best and jankiest p'dox title and I hope they start working on a third soon. Not a single dev at paradox knows how the global market code works.

Lol, I know right? Although I don't think we even know how the global market works irl

View user profile

45 Re: Out Of Character on Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:38 am

Don't start with the market, I once studied it for a month... and then two more with POP Demand Mod Very Happy

View user profile

46 Re: Out Of Character on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:35 am

So who's producing the equipment for the navy right now?  Also, how do I go about recruiting new people to my branch of the armed forces?  Do I spend my influence or do I have to go through someone else?

View user profile

47 Re: Out Of Character on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:37 am

I am planning setting up to produce navel guns, there ammunition and such things.

View user profile

48 Re: Out Of Character on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:42 am

If you need a spare bit of influence I could send it your way.  You know, to help smooth things over Wink

View user profile

49 Re: Out Of Character on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:00 am

Influence burning can accomplish most things, but you will also need Currency, which means courting the Governors, who are the only source of Currency.

50 Re: Out Of Character on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:04 am

Admiral Krenzler wrote:If you need a spare bit of influence I could send it your way.  You know, to help smooth things over Wink

I would not complain. Very Happy

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum