» Turn 6-1069
Today at 11:40 am by SilverDragonRed

» Some interesting thing with Star Trek Discovery
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 am by ZeroCool

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:41 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

You are not connected. Please login or register

Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 9]

126 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:56 am

Mine is entirely regional. The only thing national about it is that it's done by the national bank.

View user profile

127 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:00 am

OOC: Sry I read through it when I just got out of bed.

IC: O, than I am sorry for my misreading. I must have misinterpretation a part of the wording.
If this is the case that I see no real issue with your proposal.
I will edit my first input to this discussion to show this.

View user profile

128 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:18 am

1) My system - Regional minimum wages set by the national bank if agreed to by the Governor no national wage.

2) Mr Osseg's - Brackets system in which regions are grouped into brackets that will set the national minimum wage.

3) Mr WhiskeyWhiskers - Bank discerns the national median for all regions before setting a living wage not minimum wage.

4) No minimum wage set by government over certain periods of time. Entirely up to the regions individual leaders.

ROUNDS SYSTEM

Current vote stands.

My system - number 1 = 3 votes
Whiskey's system - number 3 = 1 votes
No system - number 4 = 2 votes

View user profile

129 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:06 am

Okay my eyes are starting to cross this week after the LoTR thing but what's this about asking me to rule on something?

130 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:07 am

The Lorerunner wrote:Okay my eyes are starting to cross this week after the LoTR thing but what's this about asking me to rule on something?

Just wondering what (if established) a minimum wage will affect or whether it will be just RP stuff.

View user profile

131 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:12 am

*considers for a long moment*
I will probably have that affect stat things in the more nebulous, "I'm the GM and ruling on it" sort of way. But that will primarily be RP.

132 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:14 am

The Lorerunner wrote:*considers for a long moment*
I will probably have that affect stat things in the more nebulous, "I'm the GM and ruling on it" sort of way.  But that will primarily be RP.

Maybe whoever s bill passes gets influence considering it would be popular with the people. Of course if none of them passes the status quo is maintained.

View user profile

133 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:37 pm

Order of preference:

Bracket System.
Everything else.

Last edited by Braigwen on Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

134 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:44 pm

1) My system - Regional minimum wages set by the national bank if agreed to by the Governor no national wage.

2) Mr Osseg's - Brackets system in which regions are grouped into brackets that will set the national minimum wage.

3) Mr WhiskeyWhiskers - Bank discerns the national median for all regions before setting a living wage not minimum wage.

4) No minimum wage set by government over certain periods of time. Entirely up to the regions individual leaders.

ROUNDS SYSTEM

Current vote stands.

My system - number 1 = 3 votes
Whiskey's system - number 3 = 1 votes
Mr Osseg's system - number 2 - 1 vote
No system - number 4 = 3 votes

Waiting on Cecasander

Last edited by Governor Alexander on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

135 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:17 am

I just want to make absolutely sure that we are able to set a separate regional minimum wage higher than the national minimum, correct?

View user profile

136 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:48 pm

I vote for number 4

View user profile

137 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:54 pm

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:I just want to make absolutely sure that we are able to set a separate regional minimum wage higher than the national minimum, correct?

Yes

View user profile

138 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:16 pm

And are regions able to avail themselves of the National Bank's analytics services themselves?

View user profile

139 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:23 pm

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:And are regions able to avail themselves of the National Bank's analytics services themselves?

Do you mean can regions reject the banks figures? yes but not this initial one. If my bill passes then the bank will do as instructed and the figures they come up with will be set as the minimum wage in each of the regions. The next time the figures are updated however the regions can reject those numbers and the wage will stay the same as it is after this bill has passed. This bill is a loose guideline to the regions and is mainly there to make sure all regions have a minimum wage and the issue is talked about more by the people thus inspiring change.

View user profile

140 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:52 pm

The main issue with strictly tying minimum wage to statistical data is that statistical data can't be the sole input for any policy.
Any statistic is only useful in limited extent; it is marred by differences it cannot describe nor find. Each economy sets its own best methodology to procure scientific data; you cannot measure two fundamentally different things with the same method.
Thus, data would be suitably precise for one Region, and yet woefully inadequate for another.

I understand that someone stupid and foolish could care less about such nuance, as well as seek to remove his own responsibility and force it unto someone else, but we fortunately have only one obstinate fool in our midst.

View user profile

141 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:13 pm

Fuck off Clary, you overwrought shit. Say what you mean and be done with this petulance.

View user profile

142 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:16 pm

I would like to bring up the fact that in the constitution, it states that any matter not stated in the constitution is under the jurisdiction of the regions.  Since minimum wage is never stated, this minimum wage act is violating the constitution as it puts the power of the regions in the hands of the national government, which in turn is taking the regions autonomy away.

WW, calm down... He has a point.

View user profile

143 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:19 pm

He has no point. He is being wilfully childish when I was asking a direct question about whether my region could continue to prosecute this matter on our own. And whether any region could use the national bank's data, or of that was solely the power of the national government.

I am not intending to force a single measure on anyone at this point, I am trying to work out the best measure for Plainsdale.

View user profile

144 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:22 pm

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:Fuck off Clary, you overwrought shit. Say what you mean and be done with this petulance.

Unlike you, I posses the ability to express myself properly, and so I said exactly what I mean on the issue. I wouldn't, however, be surprised if your rather... simple mind cannot understand the question of scientific methodology - after all, your behaviour suggests you think of statistics and the National Bank as some kind of magic.

You are also right for once, I am being childish. I thought it'd help communicating with a child like you. After all, the last time I took you for a rational adult, you acted like a ten year old schoolyard bully.

View user profile

145 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:24 pm

Can we all calm down?

This discussion is over anyways unless anyone can bring up an objection concerning the unconstitutionality of this bill. However, if no argument is brought up by the end of this month, we will have to deem this bill as void and null. Very Happy

View user profile

146 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:24 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:I would like to bring up the fact that in the constitution, it states that any matter not stated in the constitution is under the jurisdiction of the regions.  Since minimum wage is never stated, this minimum wage act is violating the constitution as it puts the power of the regions in the hands of the national government, which in turn is taking the regions autonomy away.

WW, calm down...  He has a point.

This does not matter, if the regions consent to this bill then they are willingly allowing this measure thus the bill will pass with the regions consent. Also this does not force the regions into doing anything, they can reject the numbers given to them by the national bank if they so choose.

OOC: I am getting seriously annoyed with the Constitution when only half of it is followed yet somehow it can dictate all discussion.

View user profile

147 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:27 pm

First, what about the regions that reject this bill? Unless this passes with a unanimous vote, this is oppressing the minority.

Second, since the council of governors is classified as the National government, it has no power to pass these laws, even if it is controlled by the regions.

Third, as you stated earlier, the regions would be forced to accept the first minimum wage presented by the bank, then they can reject the future ones. This was specifically your proposition. The other propositions are like this or worse and all of them force a minimum wage on the regions.

View user profile

148 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:29 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:First, what about the regions that reject this bill?  Unless this passes with a unanimous vote, this is oppressing the minority.  

Second, since the council of governors is classified as the National government, it has no power to pass these laws, even if it is controlled by the regions.

Third, as you stated earlier, the regions would be forced to accept the first minimum wage presented by the bank, then they can reject the future ones.  This was specifically your proposition.  The other propositions are like this or worse and all of them force a minimum wage on the regions.

Fine fucking whatever! the bill is unconstitutional case closed, end of discussion.

View user profile

149 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:29 pm

All according to plan. Very Happy

View user profile

150 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:31 pm

The Governor storms out of the chamber clearly in immense anger, swearing clearly intended for the Governor of Lurem is heard.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum