Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Today at 2:10 pm by ZeroCool

» Turn 1-1068
Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:01 pm by wolfking2k

» Turn 12-1067
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:05 pm by Spartanmario

» Player Houses
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:08 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Koth Meeting
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:07 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Chelsey Wright: hiring a lawyer
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Tyranny Coupon 50%
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm by TheUltimateParadoxs

» Warlords II: Turn Four - Departure of a Hero
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:52 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Greedfall, new game by Spiders: teaser trailer
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:16 am by RorytheRomulan

You are not connected. Please login or register

Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

151 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:31 pm

Jeez, why is he so mad?

View user profile

152 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:32 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:Jeez, why is he so mad?

OOC: Is that OOC or IC?.

View user profile

153 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:32 pm

IC

View user profile

154 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:34 pm

Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:
Unlike you, I posses the ability to express myself properly, and so I said exactly what I mean on the issue. I wouldn't, however, be surprised if your rather... simple mind cannot understand the question of scientific methodology - after all, your behaviour suggests you think of statistics and the National Bank as some kind of magic.

You are also right for once, I am being childish. I thought it'd help communicating with a child like you. After all, the last time I took you for a rational adult, you acted like a ten year old schoolyard bully.

Then you admit you are simply an arrogant bravado jumping at shadows. My question was in no way related to my earlier proposal. Your posturing over applying measures to disparate regions while perhaps a good counter to my old proposal reveals your nature as a man incapable of letting go of a thought. Of always looking backwards. Of holding grudges. Never letting new thoughts bloom.

View user profile

155 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:36 pm

The Governors Secretary walks into the chamber sheepishly.

"I am afraid the Governor might be a little.......indisposed at the moment and will be back soon.....I think.......even though he has not responded to anyone attempts to persuade him back the the building.....ok i'm going to leave now."

Last edited by Governor Alexander on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

156 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:37 pm

Do I need to call security in? WW? Felix? We arent even discussing anymore. You guys are literally insulting each other like 10 year olds.

View user profile

157 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:48 pm

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:Then you admit you are simply an arrogant bravado jumping at shadows. My question was in no way related to my earlier proposal. Your posturing over applying measures to disparate regions while perhaps a good counter to my old proposal reveals your nature as a man incapable of letting go of a thought. Of always looking backwards. Of holding grudges. Never letting new thoughts bloom.

I do not hold a grudge. I simply know who you are and it thus falls unto me to inform everyone else of the fact that you are nothing more than a dishonest, stupidly selfish bully, so they don't make the same mistake I did - presuming you to act in good faith.

View user profile

158 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:54 pm

I have no idea of what you speak. The fact I do not agree with your compact and it took long negotiations to come to that understanding is not in any way an attempt to bully you. If anything, I felt harassed. I am sorry if you were under the impression that I was toying with you in some way, but it is simply false. My only mistake was in not being firmer.

View user profile

159 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:02 pm

Once again playing the victim, are you?

First, you agreed to the Compact without negotiation, which surprised me, but I welcomed it, since I had more manoeuvring space for further negotiations, and I was planning on a second round of negotiations to reach parity in the Compact to happen after essential understanding has been reached.

Then, you came to me wishing to re-negotiate, and I was happy to do so. What followed was me trying to learn what you want, and then finding suitable compromises - two of the last ones even severely compromised Eastport's own position in the Compact, but I was willing to do them in good faith, in the spirit of cooperation and for a better Echain - not just my region, all of Echain.

You never once firmly refused, you pulled, and you pulled, one compromise after another, not because you needed more from the Compact, not even because you wanted more, but simply to take pleasure from watching me debase myself.

OOC: This is weird, and will be weirder, and probably it will border on going out of character. That's because this is essentially a scenario me and Whiskers concocted (OOC), so we didn't have a Sisko-Eddington situation until the end of Echain Very Happy

View user profile

160 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:03 pm

OOC: But that would be fun Very Happy

View user profile

161 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:04 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:OOC:  But that would be fun Very Happy

OOC: No, it really wouldn't.

View user profile

162 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:31 pm

Felix Clary zu Osseg wrote:First, you agreed to the Compact without negotiation, which surprised me, but I welcomed it, since I had more manoeuvring space for further negotiations, and I was planning on a second round of negotiations to reach parity in the Compact to happen after essential understanding has been reached.

Then, you came to me wishing to re-negotiate, and I was happy to do so. What followed was me trying to learn what you want, and then finding suitable compromises - two of the last ones even severely compromised Eastport's own position in the Compact, but I was willing to do them in good faith, in the spirit of cooperation and for a better Echain - not just my region, all of Echain.

I did no such thing. I queried you on the legality of your agreement. I then asked you how it would benefit me at all. Nothing I said should have given you the impression that I had ever accepted the deal.

As for my continuing want for you to compromise, I only wanted one further thing. Full access to foreign trade. Neither of us was willing to compromise on this, though you did offer many concessions instead. Talks were ended. I feel no shame over how I acted during negotiations, it was what was best for Plainsdale. I do believe you are working towards what you believe is a better Echain. And I'm sorry you did not think that what I believe is best for Plainsdale could be part of that.

I wholly reject that I was acting in any way intentionally to demean you, though I do not wish to diminish your own feelings.

View user profile

163 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:08 am

Gentlemen, please...

Anyway, following thorough consideration, I decided to vote against a national minimum wage, and believe that they should be set on a provincial level. First, the provincial economies seem to be too different to find a proper median amount that would work well in all provinces. Secondly, I believe that setting the minimum wage is an excellent economic tool that could be used to bring businesses and labor to a province, and should therefore be best left in the governor's toolbox. Finally, there seems to be too big a disparity within the council to reach concensus, and this will most likely be reflective of the controversy that this matter steers within the population. Again, I believe this is a matter best tackled by the governorship.

View user profile

164 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:56 am

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:I did no such thing. I queried you on the legality of your agreement. I then asked you how it would benefit me at all. Nothing I said should have given you the impression that I had ever accepted the deal.

As for my continuing want for you to compromise, I only wanted one further thing. Full access to foreign trade. Neither of us was willing to compromise on this, though you did offer many concessions instead. Talks were ended. I feel no shame over how I acted during negotiations, it was what was best for Plainsdale. I do believe you are working towards what you believe is a better Echain. And I'm sorry you did not think that what I believe is best for Plainsdale could be part of that.

I wholly reject that I was acting in any way intentionally to demean you, though I do not wish to diminish your own feelings.

I begrudgingly accept that it may have been a misunderstanding; however, I advise you to be more firm and clear in any negotiations.
As a result, I am prepared to extend the olive branch.

View user profile

165 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:14 am

OOC: Suddenly Conan the Barbarian crashes through the door, sword in hand, ready to lop off limbs and starts making people asymmetrical while shouting, "NO PEACE! ONLY WAR!"

View user profile

166 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:16 am

Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:I begrudgingly accept that it may have been a misunderstanding; however, I advise you to be more firm and clear in any negotiations.
As a result, I am prepared to extend the olive branch.
I accept and hope we can put this behind us.

View user profile

167 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:46 am

Since this "discussion" is over now, I would like to end the discussion on the bill as no one seems to reject the unconstitutionality of this bill.

CASE CLOSED

Gollvieg or Felix, may you please add this to the finalized bills list alongside the educational guidelines act. Very Happy

View user profile

168 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:55 am

Governor Grifenknight wrote:Since this "discussion" is over now, I would like to end the discussion on the bill as no one seems to reject the unconstitutionality of this bill.

CASE CLOSED

Gollvieg or Felix, may you please add this to the finalized bills list alongside the educational guidelines act. Very Happy

Can't you do it yourself? I'm pretty busy

View user profile

169 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:59 am

You guys are practically the joint-foreman and i'm treating you guys like it. Very Happy

View user profile

170 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:16 pm

Although I am for the right of Regional Governments to protect their own interests, it would be establishing a very bad precedent for Governors to torpedo bills that they do not like without bothering to speak to other governors and present a well thought argument by simply declaring a bill "unconstitutional." Thus I will actually enact the proper procedures.

I would like to formally protest the ruling of unconstitutionality for this bill. I request that this bill be moved to the Constitutional Court to be reviewed.

View user profile

171 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:18 pm

Governor Gollvieg wrote:Although I am for the right of Regional Governments to protect their own interests, it would be establishing a very bad precedent for Governors to torpedo bills that they do not like without bothering to speak to other governors and present a well thought argument by simply declaring a bill "unconstitutional." Thus I will actually enact the proper procedures.

I would like to formally protest the ruling of unconstitutionality for this bill. I request that this bill be moved to the Constitutional Court to be reviewed.

Enthusiastically Alexander gets up

"Seconded!"

View user profile

172 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:21 pm

I stated multiple times if anybody had an argument. Nobody responded except for Alexander and I shot down his argument immediately. I, then, stated again if there were anymore rejections and nobody responded, even though they were continuing their discussion around me. So, Mr.Gollvieg, dont say that I am "torpedoing" this bill into the trash. Nobody has presented an argument.

However, even with the dumb accusation, I understand that you are entitled to send this to the Constitutional Court and I will continue to argue my case there since nobody is attempting to counter me here.

View user profile

173 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:21 pm

Governor Alexander wrote:
Governor Gollvieg wrote:Although I am for the right of Regional Governments to protect their own interests, it would be establishing a very bad precedent for Governors to torpedo bills that they do not like without bothering to speak to other governors and present a well thought argument by simply declaring a bill "unconstitutional." Thus I will actually enact the proper procedures.

"Seconded!"

OOC: Your not there anymore unless you teleported back...

View user profile

174 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:23 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:
Governor Alexander wrote:

"Seconded!"

OOC: Your not there anymore unless you teleported back...

OOC: I am, I came back in one of my earlier posts

View user profile

175 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:24 pm

Seconded.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum