Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Turn 5-1069
Yesterday at 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:23 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

» Turn 3-1069
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:21 am by FreelanceZero

» Bound by the Past
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:58 pm by SilverDragonRed

You are not connected. Please login or register

Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

176 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:24 pm

This doesn't need to be seconded. He can do this even if everyone rejected this idea. So please stop seconding this...

View user profile

177 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:25 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:This doesn't need to be seconded.  He can do this even if everyone rejected this idea.  So please stop seconding this...

We know we are just making our support for the notion heard.

View user profile

178 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:25 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:This doesn't need to be seconded.  He can do this even if everyone rejected this idea.  So please stop seconding this...

We know we are just making our support for the notion heard.

View user profile

179 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:26 pm

But its meaningless... Your support wont do anything.

View user profile

180 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:27 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:But its meaningless...  Your support wont do anything.


Do I look like I care?. I am just making it perfectly clear that when the case goes before the court I am happy to help defend it with Governor Gollvieg and Governor WhiskyWhiskers.

View user profile

181 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:27 pm

Governor Gollvieg wrote:Although I am for the right of Regional Governments to protect their own interests, it would be establishing a very bad precedent for Governors to torpedo bills that they do not like without bothering to speak to other governors and present a well thought argument by simply declaring a bill "unconstitutional." Thus I will actually enact the proper procedures.

I would like to formally protest the ruling of unconstitutionality for this bill. I request that this bill be moved to the Constitutional Court to be reviewed.

Lorinbas says while pouring himself a alcoholic beverage:
“Seconded.”

View user profile

182 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:28 pm

Can I ask why you guys are bringing your support now, but when I asked for someone to oppose my argument, you were all silent? I'm guessing thats because you have no argument...

View user profile

183 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:29 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:Can I ask why you guys are bringing your support now, but when I asked for someone to oppose my argument, you were all silent?  I'm guessing thats because you have no argument...

I was silent because as you well know I was not here for quite a while because I was a little bit angry.

View user profile

184 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:I stated multiple times if anybody had an argument.  Nobody responded except for Alexander and I shot down his argument immediately.  I, then, stated again if there were anymore rejections and nobody responded, even though they were continuing their discussion around me.  So, Mr.Gollvieg, dont say that I am "torpedoing" this bill into the trash.  Nobody has presented an argument.

However, even with the dumb accusation, I understand that you are entitled to send this to the Constitutional Court and I will continue to argue my case there since nobody is attempting to counter me here.

You make a lot of presumptions about the thoughts of everyone on this Council Mr. Griffy.

You have no right to decide to end a discussion by simply shutting it down. Some of us take great care in listening to both sides of an argument and considering it's ramifications upon the people of Echain as a whole. This issue is one that has great ramifications for Echain and I would like to fully analyse what we can do to implement it and make it work.

It is the mark of an inexperienced coward to rattle off "unconstitutionality" as a shield to protect yourself from criticism. Thus, I will take this opportunity to test out the this feature of our government so that we can better understand how it works and improve it.

OOC: This is what you get for interrupting my niece's storytime because you can't post 1 line by yourself Evil or Very Mad



Last edited by Governor Gollvieg on Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

185 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:34 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:Can I ask why you guys are bringing your support now, but when I asked for someone to oppose my argument, you were all silent?  I'm guessing thats because you have no argument...

No, I was just silent because I find this whole ordeal funny and as not worth my time and words.
This is why I sit here, drink myself silly and think of what to buy my dauther for her birthday next week...

View user profile

186 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:05 pm

Governor Gollvieg wrote:
Governor Grifenknight wrote:I stated multiple times if anybody had an argument.  Nobody responded except for Alexander and I shot down his argument immediately.  I, then, stated again if there were anymore rejections and nobody responded, even though they were continuing their discussion around me.  So, Mr.Gollvieg, dont say that I am "torpedoing" this bill into the trash.  Nobody has presented an argument.

However, even with the dumb accusation, I understand that you are entitled to send this to the Constitutional Court and I will continue to argue my case there since nobody is attempting to counter me here.

You make a lot of presumptions about the thoughts of everyone on this Council Mr. Griffy.

You have no right to decide to end a discussion by simply shutting it down. Some of us take great care in listening to both sides of an argument and considering it's ramifications upon the people of Echain as a whole. This issue is one that has great ramifications for Echain and I would like to fully analyse what we can do to implement it and make it work.

It is the mark of an inexperienced coward to rattle off "unconstitutionality" as a shield to protect yourself from criticism. Thus, I will take this opportunity to test out the this feature of our government so that we can better understand how it works and improve it.

OOC: This is what you get for interrupting my niece's storytime because you can't post 1 line by yourself Evil or Very Mad

I ended the discussion because there was no discussion. As I stated earlier, which you seemed to ignore, nobody brought any arguments except Alexander, which I shot down quite easily. I stated multiple times that I am waiting for someone to say something, but you all ignored me. You can lie to us that you wanted to "listen" to both sides of the argument, but because nobody was saying anything, there was only one side: mine.

You call me an inexperienced coward, but did reject your idea of going to the constitutional court? No, I embraced it and I even said that I am willing to continue my argument there, so how is that protecting myself from criticism.

Alexander, from what I am aware, you left because your argument was destroyed, so you can fuck off.

Lorinbas, minimum wage is an extremely funny topic. HAHHAHAHA. Let me join you in your drink.
Takes a cup of alcohol and pours it on him
Good idea, get yourself tipsy in the middle of a meeting...

OOC: My IC thought highly of Gollvieg before, but this nonsense, ignoring of facts and dumb accusations has severely injured the image of Gollvieg in his eyes. Dont expect to see any respect anytime soon.

View user profile

187 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:18 pm

Really? was there any need to do that to Governor Lorinbas?.

Yes let's judge other people for drinking during a meeting because that obviously means they are incompetent and deserving of an unprovoked attack.

Let's judge your bureaucratic career shall we?.

1) You fucked up the job of President and could not get the Senate to work for shit and so a coup was necessary to get the nation working again. Not only that but you appointed a cabinet that hardly did anything and two of them have now been convicted of fucking murder!.

2) You ROYALLY fucked up Lurem by killing people whom you disagree with thus almost causing a civil war which would have torn this nation asunder and solidified Darpon's position as the saviour of the nation. Let's not forget the thousands of people missing and the destruction of Lurem's industry so you could make a bit of quick cash on the side and even that did not work out.

How dare you sit there all high an mighty acting like you are somehow superior and can dismiss an issue because you have not heard back from someone in a day!.

Yes I was angry and thus my argument was weak, you know why? because you are allowing bureaucratic idiocy that is still questionable and will soon be judged by a court to dismiss an issue that you have NO authority to dismiss.



OOC: Yeah Alexander is pretty pissed off at Grifen, this may be the start of another Felix/Whiskey situation. Very Happy

View user profile

188 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:21 pm

OOC: I'm in the middle of something, but I'll respond. Just another situation of warping of facts or total lack of facts. for fucks sake...

View user profile

189 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:25 pm

“Yes there was, to show Sir Grifen the ridiculousness of his behaviour.
I have given my input on the topic of a minimum wage, which is clear if you follow my small discussion of Whisky. I am just referring to what is happening right know, this whole closing of the discussion. And the wording used in these plenum here, by Grifen, in referring to good Alexander, is unbecoming of a man of his status, but again he represents Lurem so what can really be expected. .”
He empties his glass and throws it on the ground in front of Grifens feet.
"How dare you, you mongrel?! This cannot stand! I demand satisfaction, a duel between me and this common thug dressed up as a man of honour and standing!"



Last edited by Governor Lorinbas on Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

190 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:31 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:
Governor Gollvieg wrote:
Governor Grifenknight wrote:I stated multiple times if anybody had an argument.  Nobody responded except for Alexander and I shot down his argument immediately.  I, then, stated again if there were anymore rejections and nobody responded, even though they were continuing their discussion around me.  So, Mr.Gollvieg, dont say that I am "torpedoing" this bill into the trash.  Nobody has presented an argument.

However, even with the dumb accusation, I understand that you are entitled to send this to the Constitutional Court and I will continue to argue my case there since nobody is attempting to counter me here.

You make a lot of presumptions about the thoughts of everyone on this Council Mr. Griffy.

You have no right to decide to end a discussion by simply shutting it down. Some of us take great care in listening to both sides of an argument and considering it's ramifications upon the people of Echain as a whole. This issue is one that has great ramifications for Echain and I would like to fully analyse what we can do to implement it and make it work.

It is the mark of an inexperienced coward to rattle off "unconstitutionality" as a shield to protect yourself from criticism. Thus, I will take this opportunity to test out the this feature of our government so that we can better understand how it works and improve it.

OOC: This is what you get for interrupting my niece's storytime because you can't post 1 line by yourself Evil or Very Mad

I ended the discussion because there was no discussion.  As I stated earlier, which you seemed to ignore, nobody brought any arguments except Alexander, which I shot down quite easily.  I stated multiple times that I am waiting for someone to say something, but you all ignored me.  You can lie to us that you wanted to "listen" to both sides of the argument, but because nobody was saying anything, there was only one side: mine.

You call me an inexperienced coward, but did reject your idea of going to the constitutional court?  No, I embraced it and I even said that I am willing to continue my argument there, so how is that protecting myself from criticism.

Alexander, from what I am aware, you left because your argument was destroyed, so you can fuck off.

Lorinbas, minimum wage is an extremely funny topic. HAHHAHAHA.  Let me join you in your drink.
Takes a cup of alcohol and pours it on him
Good idea, get yourself tipsy in the middle of a meeting...

OOC:  My IC thought highly of Gollvieg before, but this nonsense, ignoring of facts and dumb accusations has severely injured the image of Gollvieg in his eyes.  Dont expect to see any respect anytime soon.

OOC: It's okay, Governor Gollvieg had less than zero respect for former President Grifenknight after the whole murder your own power base thing. Too many bad memories of terrible dictators.

View user profile

191 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:38 pm

Well, I'm sure getting drunk during a meeting is a very high sign of competency in your eyes, Alexander.

To your attack on my presidency, you can blame the amazing constitution Karbin wrote.  I had no power, so don't blame me for a failed government.
OOC:  Gameplay wise, I picked the ministers because they asked for it before the game even started.  It wasn't really my choice.  The senate was their own problem, so can we not attack me for that.

IC: On your attack on my governorship of Lurem, I didn't kill anyone, I only sent terms, which everyone seems to forget.  Also, i am currently assimilating these rebels back into society, but nobody talks about that.  Lurem's industry was barely scratched as well.
Also, you talk about a little boost in cash, but if I had allowed these vassals to stay, they would have slowly drained Lurem into non-existence through extortion or threatening revolt.  The removal of these tyrants has also saved thousands of lives.  These vassals were murdering hundreds of Japanease and Japanease-Echaini every day, but nobody cares about that.

OOC:  I attempted to end this discussion because it is the end of the turn, but I guess that isn't important...

IC:  I have been sitting in this chamber for longer than one day and nobody has attempted to respond or defend their viewpoint.

OOC:  In-game time is different then irl time.

IC:  Also, I did have the authority to dismiss the argument because I presented my reasoning to why we should end it, but you all ignored me, so I had to take action into my own hands.  However, I support sending this case to the constitutional court because I know I will win. Very Happy

View user profile

192 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:38 pm

OOC: I'm going to say this one last time, I DID NOT KILL ANYONE. I ONLY SENT THEM SOME DAMN TERMS.

View user profile

193 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:42 pm

OOC: Which escalated everything to the boiling point and thusly killed people by proxy. By the way my character is still challenging yours to a dual. (In case you have not seen it as I edit it) Very Happy

View user profile

194 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:44 pm

OOC: There was no death, no conflict, nothing. Only mobilization. Also, before you do anything rash, I'm much younger than you and your drunk, so...

View user profile

195 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:53 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:Well, I'm sure getting drunk during a meeting is a very high sign of competency in your eyes, Alexander.

To your attack on my presidency, you can blame the amazing constitution Karbin wrote.  I had no power, so don't blame me for a failed government.
OOC:  Gameplay wise, I picked the ministers because they asked for it before the game even started.  It wasn't really my choice.  The senate was their own problem, so can we not attack me for that.

IC: On your attack on my governorship of Lurem, I didn't kill anyone, I only sent terms, which everyone seems to forget.  Also, i am currently assimilating these rebels back into society, but nobody talks about that.  Lurem's industry was barely scratched as well.
Also, you talk about a little boost in cash, but if I had allowed these vassals to stay, they would have slowly drained Lurem into non-existence through extortion or threatening revolt.  The removal of these tyrants has also saved thousands of lives.  These vassals were murdering hundreds of Japanease and Japanease-Echaini every day, but nobody cares about that.

OOC:  I attempted to end this discussion because it is the end of the turn, but I guess that isn't important...

IC:  I have been sitting in this chamber for longer than one day and nobody has attempted to respond or defend their viewpoint.

OOC:  In-game time is different then irl time.

IC:  Also, I did have the authority to dismiss the argument because I presented my reasoning to why we should end it, but you all ignored me, so I had to take action into my own hands.  However, I support sending this case to the constitutional court because I know I will win. Very Happy

1) I respect any man who drinks in the face of your drivel!.

2) If you wish to attack the Constitution as being useless then why the hell did you run for office of President then?. Now you have the gall to use the thing you obviously disdain to get rid of my bill!.

OOC: I know you had no real power to appoint Ministers because of the limited number of players however this is IC and you could have issued a simple statement on the un-productiveness of the cabinet.

3) You sent stupid terms that only escalated an already destructive peace process, and made thousands of people flee to unknown places out of fear for what you would do to them. As to your claim the Vassals were murdering the Japanese that has already been proven false by intelligence reports (OOC: Lore not me) and in fact it was ordinary Luremite citizens that are committing genocide.

OOC: I imagine this will haunt you for a while Very Happy.

4) You may have been waiting a little while but that does not mean you can dismiss an issue. Have you ever considered that Governors have work to do in their regions and cant be here every day of the week?.

5) So the next time you and the other Governors are in your respective regions then I will dismiss all the issues I don't like because no one is here. "whoops sorry Lurem relief effort bill no one is here so I will just dismiss it".

View user profile

196 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:59 pm

The Governor stars at Grifen, ready to explode any minute, when, what seems to be in last second, a woman in her early 20s, dressed in the classical grey uniform of one of the Guard units, rushes to his side an begins to talk to him quietly in a upper-class English accent, but still loud enough for all to hear.

“My Lord, this is unwise, this boy is beneath you my lord. It is unfitting for a noble such as you to spill to blood of such low a thug. He is not even blue blooded! Do you see what I mean?”

After a few seconds the Governor nods, stretches out his hand and the woman places another filled glass in said hand, then retaking here place behind the Governor.

View user profile

197 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:07 pm

OOC: I ran for president because I didn't want an NPC to take the place.

This argument tires me and I will use you excuse to not respond, I am going to be "busy" in Lurem. haha hehe

I will however make a few remarks.

-I attacked the constitution because the parts that established the government were dumb, the rest were fine.
-Also, governors might have been busy, but what about the ones that wold continue the discussion even though I had previously stated multiple times that the bill was unconstitutional.
-I attempted to dismiss the bill because it was unconstitutional and nobody brought an argument against that. Even now, with all the arguing going on, nobody has said anything against my accusation.

To Lorinbas, I will happily take your challenge. If you so desire, let us do it now.
OOC: These sort of events have happened multiple times throughout history. One person dies, the other one loses their political career. I need a new character anyways.

View user profile

198 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:08 pm

Unless Lorinbas is too cowardly to take up the threat, I will leave now, but let it be known that all of Lorinbas' threats are as empty as his heart.

View user profile

199 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:14 pm

Governor Alexander stands for a second clearly in concern.


Look Governor Lorinbas, I may not agree with Governor Grifenknight but this does not warrant a duel!. If we kill a man because he poured drink over us then the world would be depleted of men. You are a trained soldier and would no doubt have practised duelling in your youth so (with all due respect) Governor Grifenknight would not stand a chance. Please reconsider we have had too many on this Council and in this government die.

Even if you don't care about Grifen think about yourself and your own career. You would be put on trial immediately and have your political career torn into peaces, look at Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton.

View user profile

200 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:18 pm

OOC: It's as if I'm not trained at all and didn't fight in the war, but okay...

IC: No. No. No. If he was dumb enough to challenge me, then I accept. It's not my fault he couldint think straight because of his drinking. hehe. If he retracts his duel, then I challenge you Lorinbas. If you decline, then think of your public image when the articles start printing...

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum