Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

WArs  Trek  discord  political  game  Star  

Latest topics
» Nest of the Koth
Today at 3:01 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Yesterday at 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Battle of Scales
Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:31 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Eye of the Storm
Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:36 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» Turn 9-1068
Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:55 pm by SilverDragonRed

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

» Is The Federation in Star Trek Fascist?
Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:59 pm by NMdum1

» House Creation
Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:10 pm by SilverDragonRed

You are not connected. Please login or register

Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

76 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:47 am

And that shows another face of the issue.

This detterance mechanism is predicated on extreme differences between Regions, but, I believe, we should aim to develop Regions together, not one at a time (much to the dismay of selfish buffoons), and a national minimum wage is a great tool to promote equivalence.

Did you read my proposal? It offers exceptions and a mechanism through which the wage would always be set lower than the national average.

To Governor Alexander - I was willing to work with Governor Whiskers when he tried to bribe all Regions into enacting socialis economy. When he proposed and passed a bill outright dangerous and bad. When he said he'd rather watch Echain burn than make a deal with Darpon. Then, he made fun of me for attempting to help all of Echain. Then he humiliated me.
And thus, the cup overfloweth.

To the shame of the Council - your arguments are as foul as your breath. Why should we spend for a pamphlet campaign just to satisfy your ego? You underestimate how much work common Echaini have to do each day. It shows your fat. They have no time to debate economy and look at the statistics. They see a simple number, and it's enough, because their minds are already preoccupied with false hope and labour.
Especially on your dismal fields, where people are forced to work as little more than slaves.
Also, to once more correct your shameful ignorance, there is no foreman and there never was in the Council. Fool.



Last edited by Felix Clary zu Osegg on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

77 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:48 am

Governor Grifenknight wrote:But Felix, before they can get a job with a high wage, they must settle in, which would be extremely difficult since living costs in each region is different.  

In order to receive these high wages, they must be able to live and survive in Eastport(for example) with the funds they recieve from Lurem (for example).  This makes it so that before they are even able to get these wages, they will be penniless, homeless and starving, which I'm sure would discourage people from moving.  I'm sure the first few will attempt, but when they come back, people will be reluctant to go.

OOC: Can you explain, I'm having trouble following this logic

View user profile

78 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:52 am

Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:And that shows another face of the issue.

This detterance mechanism is predicated on extreme differences between Regions, but, I believe, we should aim to develop Regions together, not one at a time (much to the dismay of selfish buffoons), and a national minimum wage is a great tool to promote equivalence.

Did you read my proposal? It offers exceptions and a mechanism through which the wage would always be set lower than the national average.

To Governor Alexander - I was willing to work with Governor Whiskers when he tried to bribe all Regions into enacting socialis economy. When he proposed and passed a bill outright dangerous and bad. When he said he'd rather watch Echain burn than make a deal with Darpon. Then, he made fun of me for attempting to help all of Echain. Then he humiliated me.
And thus, the cup overfloweth.

To the shame of the Council - your arguments are as foul as your breath. Why should we spend for a pamphlet campaign just to satisfy your ego? You underestimate how much work common Echaini have to do each day. It shows your fat. They have no time to debate economy and look at the statistics. They see a simple number, and it's enough, because their minds are already preoccupied with false hope and labour.
Especially on your dismal fields, where people are forced to work as little more than slaves.
Also, to once more correct your shameful ignorance, there is no foreman and there never was in the Council. Fool.

Statistics as complicated as, 'don't worry, you're being paid exactly the same wage as another worker in a neighbouring region, despite the difference on the cheque?' Your solution helps no one and actively harms your stated goal.

View user profile

79 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:56 am

Gollvieg, unless you go to a place with a job reserved or offered, you will have to spend time looking for a job, looking for a place of residency, taking care of your family and dealing with the necessities of life. By the time these people are even able to find jobs and receive their wages, they will run out of money if they came from a poorer region.
This makes sense because the price of living In Lurem (for example) is much cheaper than Eastport, so it would make sense that the people that move would lose their money quickly unless they had a large amount reserved for this move. I hope I'm getting my point across. Sad

To Felix, I hope you understand that this is a minimum wage, not a unified wage that everyone MUST use. Since that is the case, richer regions have the ability to increase their wages above the national averge or those of surrounding regions anyways so that makes you argument null.

View user profile

80 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:00 am

Governor Grifenknight wrote:Gollvieg, unless you go to a place with a job reserved or offered, you will have to spend time looking for a job, looking for a place of residency, taking care of your family and dealing with the necessities of life.  By the time these people are even able to find jobs and receive their wages, they will run out of money if they came from a poorer region.  
This makes sense because the price of living In Lurem (for example) is much cheaper than Eastport, so it would make sense that the people that move would lose their money quickly unless they had a large amount reserved for this move.  I hope I'm getting my point across. Sad

To Felix, I hope you understand that this is a minimum wage, not a unified wage that everyone MUST use.  Since that is the case, richer regions have the ability to increase  their wages above the national averge or those of surrounding regions anyways so that makes you argument null.

First part, response to Gollvieg, shows two major problems. Some people will make it, and companies will hire people from those Regions to do jobs locals wouldn't do for a minimum wage.

And your argument to me indicates you've not read my proposal. It clearly states "During Ausgleich, a minimum wage will be set.", and what follows is the exact mechanism. This means the minimum wage is only set in this way during Ausgleich.

View user profile

81 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:01 am

Governor Grifenknight wrote:Gollvieg, unless you go to a place with a job reserved or offered, you will have to spend time looking for a job, looking for a place of residency, taking care of your family and dealing with the necessities of life.  By the time these people are even able to find jobs and receive their wages, they will run out of money if they came from a poorer region.  
This makes sense because the price of living In Lurem (for example) is much cheaper than Eastport, so it would make sense that the people that move would lose their money quickly unless they had a large amount reserved for this move.  I hope I'm getting my point across. Sad

To Felix, I hope you understand that this is a minimum wage, not a unified wage that everyone MUST use.  Since that is the case, richer regions have the ability to increase  their wages above the national averge or those of surrounding regions anyways so that makes you argument null.

OOC: That makes no sense, why would you move to another place without knowing that you can get a job there? Unless things are ultra shitty where you are then in that care you will find a way.

IC: I agree with Grifenknight, the crux of this issue is that we are trying to force a national minimum wage without considering the fact that some Regions could not afford high minimums. Should we not make the absolute minimum the level of the poorest Region and other Regions are free to set their own minimums.

View user profile

82 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:02 am

I still believe my original bill is the best proposal.

People (as Governor Grifenknight said) will not be able to afford a move let alone find a job once they get there. Look at the American states, some states have less wages that others but you do not see mass migration there at all.

I say we but this to a vote in a rounds system like so.

Mr Osseg's proposal: 3 votes
Mr Camoes-Jackman's proposal : 4 votes
Mr WhiskeyWhiskers propoal : 2 votes

Those two votes would then be distributed to the Governors seconds preferred choice until a majority is reached. Are we agree?.

View user profile

83 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:02 am

And ausgleich is only once every two to ten years and we're not even planning on having one for a long time. That's an erosion of real wages every year they are not increased due to inflation.

View user profile

84 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:05 am

Governor Gollvieg wrote:
Governor Grifenknight wrote:Gollvieg, unless you go to a place with a job reserved or offered, you will have to spend time looking for a job, looking for a place of residency, taking care of your family and dealing with the necessities of life.  By the time these people are even able to find jobs and receive their wages, they will run out of money if they came from a poorer region.  
This makes sense because the price of living In Lurem (for example) is much cheaper than Eastport, so it would make sense that the people that move would lose their money quickly unless they had a large amount reserved for this move.  I hope I'm getting my point across. Sad

To Felix, I hope you understand that this is a minimum wage, not a unified wage that everyone MUST use.  Since that is the case, richer regions have the ability to increase  their wages above the national averge or those of surrounding regions anyways so that makes you argument null.

OOC: That makes no sense, why would you move to another place without knowing that you can get a job there? Unless things are ultra shitty where you are then in that care you will find a way.

IC: I agree with Grifenknight, the crux of this issue is that we are trying to force a national minimum wage without considering the fact that some Regions could not afford high minimums. Should we not make the absolute minimum the level of the poorest Region and other Regions are free to set their own minimums.

Well, using the same previous logic of some of the governors, the people are dumb enought to move without knowing if they'll get a job because they're only looking at wage numbers...
Also, that doesn't mean you'll get a job immediately, even if there are open positions.

View user profile

85 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:08 am

In truth I see to solutions to the problem. Either minimum wage is only set nationally, or it is only set by Regions.
I don't really have a preference in this.

My proposal for a nationally set minimum wage includes a method by which it would be close to the poorest regions, and it also allows for exceptions to be enacted.

If anyone still takes the fool of the room seriously, know that unlike short-sighted greedy clowns, I fully intend to propose an Ausgleich for next year.
Although I can understand that for such a cowardly being, nine months may truly be like aeons.

View user profile

86 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:10 am

And in the possibly ten years after that? If inflation rises at a conservative rate of 2% in 10 years workers will be able to purchase 20% less goods than they would if we set it yearly.

View user profile

87 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:10 am

So are we ready to vote?.

View user profile

88 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:11 am

Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:
Governor Grifenknight wrote:Gollvieg, unless you go to a place with a job reserved or offered, you will have to spend time looking for a job, looking for a place of residency, taking care of your family and dealing with the necessities of life.  By the time these people are even able to find jobs and receive their wages, they will run out of money if they came from a poorer region.  
This makes sense because the price of living In Lurem (for example) is much cheaper than Eastport, so it would make sense that the people that move would lose their money quickly unless they had a large amount reserved for this move.  I hope I'm getting my point across. Sad

To Felix, I hope you understand that this is a minimum wage, not a unified wage that everyone MUST use.  Since that is the case, richer regions have the ability to increase  their wages above the national averge or those of surrounding regions anyways so that makes you argument null.

First part, response to Gollvieg, shows two major problems. Some people will make it, and companies will hire people from those Regions to do jobs locals wouldn't do for a minimum wage.

And your argument to me indicates you've not read my proposal. It clearly states "During Ausgleich, a minimum wage will be set.", and what follows is the exact mechanism. This means the minimum wage is only set in this way during Ausgleich.

What does that have to do with what I said about wages? From what I understand, that doesn't stop companies setting their wages higher than the minimum wage so that would cause people to move anyways, using your logic.

View user profile

89 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:12 am

Governor Alexander wrote:So are we ready to vote?.

What is WW proposal?

View user profile

90 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:12 am

Governor Alexander wrote:So are we ready to vote?.
No, I would prefer further debate.

View user profile

91 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:12 am

If we are to vote, I request an option for no nationally set minimum wage exists.

View user profile

92 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:13 am

Governor Grifenknight wrote:
What is WW proposal?

That the national bank set the regional minimum wage based on their cost of living, so that every minimum wage worker has a nationally set real wage of the same amount.

View user profile

93 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:14 am

Exactly what Felix said.

Also, without any arguing or discussion, can we have an advocate of each method state the pros and cons of their system?

View user profile

94 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:14 am

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:
Governor Alexander wrote:So are we ready to vote?.
No, I would prefer further debate.

Also, who'd debate a fool? I only responded so that others would not be lured by your lies, falsehoods, and general dimwittednes.

View user profile

95 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:16 am

Isn't this what Karbin did to BBWH and he killed him...

View user profile

96 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:17 am

1) My system - Regional minimum wages set by the national bank if agreed to by the Governor no national wage.

2) Mr Osseg's - Brackets system in which regions are grouped into brackets that will set the national minimum wage.

3) Mr WhiskeyWhiskers - Bank discerns the national median for all regions before setting a national living wage.

4) No minimum wage set by government over certain periods of time. Entirely up to the regions individual leaders.

I vote in the following order.

1
3
2
4



Last edited by Governor Alexander on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

97 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 am

Governor Grifenknight wrote:Isn't this what Karbin did to BBWH and he killed him...

OOC: If it happens again, we can call it "The Karbin Manoeuvre" - forcing your political enemy to kill you, thus destroying his political career Very Happy

View user profile

98 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:19 am

3
1
4
2



Last edited by Governor WhiskeyWhiskers on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:20 am; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

99 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:19 am

Wait, what about no national minimum wage?  I proposed and stated this many times...

OOC: It also destroys yours...

View user profile

100 Re: Council of Governors - Minimum Wage Act on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:19 am

This vote is not acceptable, since an option to refuse all proposals is conspicuously missing.

OOC: You can't make an omelette without breaking few eggs Very Happy



Last edited by Felix Clary zu Osegg on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum