Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:09 am by RorytheRomulan

» Turn 2-1069
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:51 pm by JaxVaeus

» Turn 1-1069
Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:05 pm by Crensler

» Mass Effect 3, Your Edition
Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:40 pm by Braigwen

» Turn 12-1068
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:20 pm by wolfking2k

» Player Houses
Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:50 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Battle of Scales
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:52 am by SilverDragonRed

» Good morning!
Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:41 pm by Galtori

» We started a Discord chatroom for the community. It's free to boot!
Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:14 am by Chatterbox1991

You are not connected. Please login or register

Educational Guidelines Act

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Educational Guidelines Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:25 pm

You are correct. The council of governors is and was part of the national government and I did not say otherwise. The council of governors however consists solely of the regional governments. There is no better place to organise consent only bills than this chamber.

My second argument specified that any such consent only bill should be properly presented as such. This education bill was not. Neither was the minimum wage act. As such I agree they should be struck down.

My arguments in no way lead down the slippery slope to no national government. They simply allow regions to coordinate on specific powers outside of the national government's remit.

View user profile

27 Re: Educational Guidelines Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:27 pm

The Council is not a vessel for anything else but National legislature and National executive. I know you'd like to make it your own personal playhouse, but you'll have to do so at home.

View user profile

28 Re: Educational Guidelines Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:38 pm

It is a meeting of the regions. For purely logistical purposes allowing consent only bills makes sense. Clearly the governors would like a venue for this, as they keep proposing bills that would require it. If not this chamber, I will be creating a new chamber.

View user profile

29 Re: Educational Guidelines Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:41 pm

These wouldn't necessarily be bills then since bills turn into laws and laws are implemented on everybody.
These would be more along the lines of agreements or deals.

View user profile

30 Re: Educational Guidelines Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:42 pm

Yes, they'd be organised ordinances. If a new chamber is required for that it should be set up.

View user profile

31 Re: Educational Guidelines Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:45 pm

Bills and ordinances are two very different things WW. Also, can you give me an example of a scenario that would require this chamber instead of an agreement or deal between regions?

View user profile

32 Re: Educational Guidelines Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:47 pm

The minimum wage bill and education act. Why should all coordinated discussions between regions not pertaining to national bills be held behind closed doors? They should be as open to the public as this chamber is.

View user profile

33 Re: Educational Guidelines Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:49 pm

Because minimum wages and education do not require coordinated discussions between regions.

If you want to approach the bank concerning the minimum wage, then you can do that by yourself. The reason it was struck down was because you were forcing it upon everybody else, if it had passed.

Same thing for the education, you can enact it in your own region so why does it need coordinated discussion? The reason it was struck down was because it would have forced something onto the regions.

View user profile

34 Re: Educational Guidelines Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:50 pm

The problem, you dishonest imbecile, is that by making such deals in and by the Council, they do assume its authority, even if but partially and questionably.

Not that you could ever have any insight into the issues of legal legitimacy, or anything else, really.

View user profile

35 Re: Educational Guidelines Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:56 pm

Thus why I proposed a new chamber for their discussion.

View user profile

36 Re: Educational Guidelines Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:57 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:Because minimum wages and education do not require coordinated discussions between regions.  

If you want to approach the bank concerning the minimum wage, then you can do that by yourself.  The reason it was struck down was because you were forcing it upon everybody else, if it had passed.

Same thing for the education, you can enact it in your own region so why does it need coordinated discussion?  The reason it was struck down was because it would have forced something onto the regions.

If you cannot understand why coordination and cooperation is sometimes necessary for crafting a better Echain, I weep for the citizens of Lurem.

View user profile

37 Re: Educational Guidelines Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:59 pm

Again, I dont see any reason why it should be added.  Anything in that chamber can be settled with an agreement or deal.  If necessary, a multi-regional deal or agreement can be established in a similar way Felix made the compact.

Im not stating that we dont need coordination and cooperation, but I dont understand why we need a chamber for this. Dont twist my words or I shall turn on you like Felix is currently doing.

View user profile

38 Re: Educational Guidelines Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:02 pm

Because much like the compact, it requires one region to facilitate discussion. All others are blind to the discussions of the others. It is not true cooperation, but simply negotiation. A chamber open to the public will foster transparency and deals made will be far stronger, allowing for multilateralism, rather than simple bilateralism.

View user profile

39 Re: Educational Guidelines Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:03 pm

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:If you cannot understand why coordination and cooperation is sometimes necessary for crafting a better Echain, I weep for the citizens of Lurem.

You hypocritical coward!

OOC: The "normalisation" of our relationship will take like two or three more posts, WW.

View user profile

40 Re: Educational Guidelines Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:04 pm

OOC: That is why we have the chat. Felix used it more than once to discuss matters.

View user profile

41 Re: Educational Guidelines Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:06 pm

OOC: At this point I think we should just set up a post called "arguments". Very Happy

The Governor returns to the chamber to hear arguing.

"Oh for god sake"

The Governor then goes and sits in the corner by himself with a cup of tea.

View user profile

42 Re: Educational Guidelines Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:08 pm

The Compact is in the stage of primary negotiation; I am simply trying to reach a baseline understanding. Even so, in cases of conflict, I either informed and talked with both parties, or we negotiated together.

Cooperation cannot be done in any other way than negotiation, and any negotiation, if done in good faith, is a form of cooperation.
Do you believe something like the Compact would come to be without pseudo-bilateral negotiation?

View user profile

43 Re: Educational Guidelines Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:12 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:OOC:  That is why we have the chat.  Felix used it more than once to discuss matters.

OOC: Then why don't we use chat for these sessions?

And if I'm honest I hate using the chat, it always feels OOC and I like having time to think.

View user profile

44 Re: Educational Guidelines Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:14 pm

Then go ahead and make the chambers. I see no negative impacts. Your funding it though Very Happy

View user profile

45 Re: Educational Guidelines Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:14 pm

OOC: Yes, chat is not suitable for actual discussion actually IC. For Compact it was fine, because we needed to solve specific simple issues, but other parts of Compact negotiation would simply not be feasible in chat

View user profile

46 Re: Educational Guidelines Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:14 pm

Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:The Compact is in the stage of primary negotiation; I am simply trying to reach a baseline understanding. Even so, in cases of conflict, I either informed and talked with both parties, or we negotiated together.

Cooperation cannot be done in any other way than negotiation, and any negotiation, if done in good faith, is a form of cooperation.
Do you believe something like the Compact would come to be without pseudo-bilateral negotiation?

I believe something far better than the compact would come out of multilateral talks.

View user profile

47 Re: Educational Guidelines Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:20 pm

Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:You hypocritical coward!

I understand you might be under the impression that all collaboration is good, but if you can't see why disagreements occur at all then you're hopelessly under-qualified for this job.

View user profile

48 Re: Educational Guidelines Act on Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:22 pm

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:
Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:You hypocritical coward!

I understand you might be under the impression that all collaboration is good, but if you can't see why disagreements occur at all then you're hopelessly under-qualified for this job.

You didn't have any intention to actually negotiate the second time we talked. You wanted simply to humiliate me - and bravo, you succeeded.

View user profile

49 Re: Educational Guidelines Act on Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:27 am

*Governor Sander glares at his colleagues Whiskers and Osegg* Onnnn... to the matter of hand.

While I appreciate the high-minded spirit of this bill, we should not forget one of the fundamental realities - or requirements, rather - of our present socio-economic state, and that is that many young people in the lowest income brackets choose to work rather then go to school. This might be because of financial necessity or simply disinterrest. The fact of the matter is that requiring those young people to discuss Shakespeare or Dostoyevsky is just folly for both pupils and teachers alike. What we need, I believe, is a comprehensive vocational variant of the high school level proposed for those who wish (or require) to learn a trade and start working early on. These schools should still teach basic subjects such as Echaini, English, (applied) mathemathics and perhaps history or social studies, but should focus on allowing these students to prepare for the workforce and enter a school-supervised apprenticeship early on.

View user profile

50 Re: Educational Guidelines Act on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:08 am

Discussion Closed, No resolutions passed. Please Archive

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum