Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:23 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

» Turn 3-1069
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:21 am by FreelanceZero

» Bound by the Past
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:58 pm by SilverDragonRed

You are not connected. Please login or register

Issue - Finalization and vote for the Forman of the CoG (Discussion Closed, Please Archive)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

While we wait for the final draft of the procedure rules, can we start voting on who gets the horrible job of being foreman?

I think that we have to lay down the ground rule that the Foreman has to be impartial, check daily, and not be Grifenknight. So is there any job requirements you guys want to place on the Forman?

Last edited by Governor Gollvieg on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
ow Very Happy

View user profile
He can't be 100% impartial. He should be impartial while performing his powers and duties as Foreman.

View user profile
Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:He can't be 100% impartial. He should be impartial while performing his powers and duties as Foreman.

How should we enforce this? Should s/he not be allowed to have a voice in a continuing discussion or only be allowed to vote in a tie?

View user profile
Governor Gollvieg wrote:
Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:He can't be 100% impartial. He should be impartial while performing his powers and duties as Foreman.

How should we enforce this? Should s/he not be allowed to have a voice in a continuing discussion or only be allowed to vote in a tie?

Foreman's duties:
- setting agenda
- moving through phases (ending discussion, for example)
- policing discussion (power to essentially prohibit further use of specific arguments)

These should be done impartially. As for policing - Foreman can be impeached. He can, for example, push agenda's that benefit him, and control sessions to his profit, but that exposes him to greater risk of impeachment.

View user profile
OOC: We should give it to Grifenknight......if we don't agree with what he says and we try to reach an agreement he would just attack us and take the regions away thus ending an unproductive session. Razz

View user profile
OOC: Your all secretly my vassals. I'll send my terms soon Very Happy

View user profile
Governor Grifenknight wrote:OOC:  Your all secretly my vassals.  I'll send my terms soon Very Happy

OOC: Unlike your vassals I do not trust in your capacity for human decency and will rig your house to explode in case you try to pull something

View user profile
Finished SPCG
Changes are that period between session announcement and session has been shortened to 12 hours (at least), and voting was extended until the end of the month.
I will be presenting new forum thread structure to Lore shortly.

I also put myself forth as a candidate for the position of Foreman. I wrote the Protocol, so it is fitting that I show how it works in practice.

View user profile

I vote Aye on motion number 1, as to who should be Foreman I shall hold off until all Governors/Observers have stated whether or not they wish to run. I (being the youngest and the newest to the chamber) hereby wish to state I will not run for this position.

View user profile
I would like to put forward myself as Deputy Foreman in the case in where the foreman is unable to perform his duties due to events out of his control. If only one Foreman is needed than I would like to put myself forward as Foreman because someone has to take the role of kindergarten teacher when ever things get out of hand. T_T

Also, aye for motion #1

View user profile
I vote Aye on the bill and since Gollvieg stated in the requirements that the Foreman can not be me, then I vote Aye on Felix as well. Sad

View user profile
I do not nominate myself for the role as foreman.

I also ask Felix to withdraw his nomination on the basis that our recent decorum in the chamber has been unsatisfactory and would bring disrespect to the role.

I vote aye on the bill and aye on Golvieg as foreman.

View user profile
OOC: To be honest, my self-nomination is an OOC thing. First, because Gollvieg said number of times he doesn't want to do it (Rule 0), second, because I understand the Protocol since I wrote it, so I could "show" how it's supposed to be done.
IC, Felix wouldn't want to be the Foreman.

View user profile
Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:OOC: To be honest, my self-nomination is an OOC thing. First, because Gollvieg said number of times he doesn't want to do it (Rule 0), second, because I understand the Protocol since I wrote it, so I could "show" how it's supposed to be done.
IC, Felix wouldn't want to be the Foreman.

OOC: I understand but with my character I have to vote Gollvieg.

I vote Aye on Governor Gollvieg

View user profile
OOC: Also, I support Deputy Foreman. I'm not always online. Also, I'd play Foreman very much OOC. It can be IC explained as "following the rules" thing for Felix. He is a bit Lawful neutral.

View user profile
I vote aye on the bill and would like to support mister Clary's nomination.

View user profile
SPCG passes with 6 votes, Foreman is 3 for Felix and 3 for Gollvieg (presuming he votes for himself)

View user profile
I vote for Felix as foreman.

View user profile
To hopefully speed up the proceedings so we may turn to other issues, I promise to institute Governor Gollvieg as my equal and Deputy if I am voted into the office of Foreman.

View user profile
Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:To hopefully speed up the proceedings so we may turn to other issues, I promise to institute Governor Gollvieg as my equal and Deputy if I am voted into the office of Foreman.

Agreed, this job is not enough for one man

View user profile
Fair enough, as long as the Foreman alone gets to have the final say on things.

View user profile
Governor Ceca Sander wrote:Fair enough, as long as the Foreman alone gets to have the final say on things.

OOC: Unless he tries to put on gloves and jump into the ring himself, in which case it is up to the Deputy Foreman to drag him away from the fight ^_^

View user profile
I support Felix for foreman

View user profile
Discussion Closed, Please Archive

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum