» Turn 10-1068
Yesterday at 12:32 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Strategic Infrastructure Project

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Strategic Infrastructure Project on Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:23 am

Full text of SIP

Strategic Infrastructure Project (SIP) seeks to rebuild our nation’s infrastructure with unitary standard of quality and systems used.

Initial effort has three stages, but is open to other Regions (even those outside the Compact) and further negotiation.
Further progress beyond the original SIP will be codified by adding them to SIP.

In this effort, Eastport accepts its role as one of the most prosperous Regions, and will fund the project of various railroads, highways, hubs and ports.
Every Region involved is responsible for financing what lies on their land, unless an alternative is explicitly agreed upon in SIP or separate bilateral treaty.
For Compact participants of SIP (for non-Compact members, it depends on conditions of membership in SIP), rich Regions also take the responsibility of aiding less fortunate Regions. This takes the form of those Regions who pledge themselves to (currently: Eastport) providing specific loans to fund SIP. These loans are to have at most 10% interest total (not per annum).

Current plans involve railroads, with roads being constructed either concurrently or afterwards in the same general corridors.

All parts of the infrastructure - wagons, bridges, rails - are to have potential not yet fulfillable. Transport system will be based on a specific “containering” solution (this greatly reduces loading and unloading times). Bridges will be constructed to bear the weight of these containers on wagons and trucks, and rails will be constructed so they allow for greater speeds than our current engines can accomplish (for example, turning radius is to be as long as possible).

Map of SIP

Phase One - Red
Phase Two - Yellow
Phase Three - Orange

Now is time for debate and negotiation to begin.

View user profile

2 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:14 am

I would ask that in either phase 1 or 2 if Plainsdale accepts a railway be built like this:

1)Southport
2)Cresskill
3)Pincers
4)Kennard
5)Ellaton
6)Plainsdale

Then another if possible connection later on that could be achieved that goes like this

1)Plainsdale
2)Akins
3)Hyannis
4)Tolls
5)Falseport
6)Trillby
7)Blazer

which will connect to Southport due to the recently de-forested path from Blazer to Dundarrach, but this all depends on Plainsdale I am just floating out ideas.

View user profile

3 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:27 am

The Office for Infrastructure Planning (OIP) we set up refrained from making plans involving Plainsdale or other Regions not partisan to the Compact. However, we would be glad if Plainsdale and other non-Compact Regions showed interest in SIP, and certainly paths you mention would be interesting if Plainsdale joins.

I understand that Southport seems neglected by SIP, especially in the first phase, but that is not so. In fact, South Echain Rail - West is one of the most important lines, since it paves the way to development of eastern part of Great Southern Jungle.
But it's also one of the most complicated parts of the project due to it going through jungle. Especially since our current technology (steam engines) necessitates frequent watering stations, which will have to be built and maintained.

That's why it was moved to second part of the project. We must first set up the necessary and easy minimum, and then we can move to more complicated and/or less essential connections.

View user profile

4 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:20 pm

Waltens is eager to get on board with the SIP and the plan set forth by the OIP. We intend to soon be providing steel for the project and are also interrested in investing in the SIP to fund the project in other provinces and provide the SIP with sufficient means to conduct its program.

View user profile

5 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:12 pm

Lurem is willing to join the SIP. One question, how much must one invest in order to assist in the operations?

View user profile

6 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:31 pm

Could we not build a railway straight through the thickest, most dangerous and fastest growing part of the Jungle? Skirting the coast should be enough and we avoid having to go up and down hill

View user profile

7 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:38 pm

Where are you talking about? If your referring to Lurem and Aberisk Railroad, then I support your...proposal?

View user profile

8 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:28 pm

Each Region has to fund the infrastructure built within it, but Lurem, for example, would get very favourable long-term loans from richer regions (so far, Eastport and Waltens offered such support).

Governor Gollvieg, we will explore such option, but the OIC currently believes skirting the coast is dangerous due to unstable sandy soil. Additionally, these routes provide more incentive to growth in those areas.
I ask you, and all other participants, to send their experts to the OIC - Eastport will pay for them (if they do actual proper work), and we will be able to account for local specifics more.

View user profile

9 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:52 pm

Alrighty. I've been anticipating the construction of railroads to connect us together.

I would like Northport connected to the islands and the best place to start would be;

Phase 1 would connect the major cities to each other creating a loop to ensure the continuous flow of goods and people.

1. Hythe to Macks
2. Macks to Pigshead
3. Pigshead to EasPro
4. EasPro to NorPro
5. NorPro to Northport
6 Northport to WesPro

Phase 2 would then connect the minor communities and resource areas to the major cities and the rest of Echiain.

1. WestPro to Boardsley
2. Boardsley to Northport
3. Pigshead to Timberton
4. Timberton to Quellhof
5. Quellhof to Shafton
6. Shafton to Slope City
7. Slope City to EasPro

The building of the rails, and in some cases the tunneling through mountainous regions will be funded with the proceeds gained from the sale of resources and goods produced within Northport.

View user profile

10 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:58 pm

Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:Each Region has to fund the infrastructure built within it, but Lurem, for example, would get very favourable long-term loans from richer regions (so far, Eastport and Waltens offered such support).

Governor Gollvieg, we will explore such option, but the OIC currently believes skirting the coast is dangerous due to unstable sandy soil. Additionally, these routes provide more incentive to growth in those areas.
I ask you, and all other participants, to send their experts to the OIC - Eastport will pay for them (if they do actual proper work), and we will be able to account for local specifics more.

OOC: Where does it say that the soil is unstable and sandy? The Jungle grows right up to the water. Most jungle plants from what I seen don't grow in loose permeable sand

View user profile

11 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:04 pm

Braigwen wrote:Alrighty. I've been anticipating the construction of railroads to connect us together.

I would like Northport connected to the islands and the best place to start would be;

Phase 1 would connect the major cities to each other creating a loop to ensure the continuous flow of goods and people.

1. Hythe to Macks
2. Macks to Pigshead
3. Pigshead to EasPro
4. EasPro to NorPro
5. NorPro to Northport
6 Northport to WesPro

Phase 2 would then connect the minor communities and resource areas to the major cities and the rest of Echiain.

1. WestPro to Boardsley
3. Pigshead to Timberton
4. Timberton to Quellhof
5. Quellhof to Shafton
6. Shafton to Slope City
7. Slope City to EasPro

The building of the rails, and in some cases the tunneling through mountainous regions will be funded with the proceeds gained from the sale of resources and goods produced within Northport.

I dont see a problem with the phase 2 railroad, but I looked at the map concerning the phase 1 railroad you proposed and we would have to build a pretty long bridge over pretty deep water...

To be exact, an almost 10 kilometer bridge...

View user profile

12 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:14 pm

Plainsdale is happy to give permission to build a rail-link through our region. However land cannot be bought or sold in Plainsdale. I'd like any agreement to involve the provision that if the railway is ever given or sold to a private corporation, ownership of the Plainsdale line will be turned over to the regional government.

View user profile

13 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:23 pm

Governor Whiskers, the SIP is currently merely interested in building up railroads and trains. Each Region is the owner of that infrastructure that is in said Region, and every Region must ensure it is built to the standards and specifications of the project. This means Plainsdale has to pay for rails built in Plainsdale.

As for how transport is to be conducted, SIP will eventually certainly create an authority over "leasing" rails to companies, and quite possibly will run one such company itself (or maybe each Region will run their own, with inter-Regional cooperation through SIP).

OOC: There are trees that grow on sandy soil, and railroads, especially heavy duty cargo ones, need very stable and dense soil. In reality, I expect it to be handwaved, like most of the exact route the rail takes.

View user profile

14 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:29 pm

Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:Governor Whiskers, the SIP is currently merely interested in building up railroads and trains. Each Region is the owner of that infrastructure that is in said Region, and every Region must ensure it is built to the standards and specifications of the project. This means Plainsdale has to pay for rails built in Plainsdale.

As for how transport is to be conducted, SIP will eventually certainly create an authority over "leasing" rails to companies, and quite possibly will run one such company itself (or maybe each Region will run their own, with inter-Regional cooperation through SIP).

OOC: There are trees that grow on sandy soil, and railroads, especially heavy duty cargo ones, need very stable and dense soil. In reality, I expect it to be handwaved, like most of the exact route the rail takes.

I would indeed prefer regional government owned railway that co-operates at least for a time. You could also have a hybrid system where some regions have companies and others have state owned whereby under the SIP those companies have certain terms they must meet in order to ensure co-operation.

View user profile

15 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:04 pm

Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:OOC: There are trees that grow on sandy soil, and railroads, especially heavy duty cargo ones, need very stable and dense soil. In reality, I expect it to be handwaved, like most of the exact route the rail takes.

IC: I would still not want to force a train route straight through the middle of jungle. it would regrow so quick that it would be not worth it in cost to even built the rail-line. in order to make it work, we would need to clear a 1  to 2 mile diameter clearing and proceed to plant a resilient plant species like the sunflowers in order to make it happen and that would damage the Jungle to greatly. I can assure you that water hungry Jungle trees such as these would not grow on sand and in addition sand is not a good enough medium for Water retention so any trees that does grow on sand would be very sparse. In fact, the way we built the roads over here is to import beach sand to cover the Jungle floor and prevent plants from growing on it. I have been considering implementing fast rail lines for a long time, and I have dispatched surveyors to find a route through, give me some time.

OOC: Only a very small number of a few species of Plants can grow on sand and not in the numbers needed to make thick jungle.

View user profile

16 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:10 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:
Braigwen wrote:Alrighty. I've been anticipating the construction of railroads to connect us together.

1. Hythe to Macks
2. Macks to Pigshead
3. Pigshead to EasPro
4. EasPro to NorPro
5. NorPro to Northport
6 Northport to WesPro

1. WestPro to Boardsley
3. Pigshead to Timberton
4. Timberton to Quellhof
5. Quellhof to Shafton
6. Shafton to Slope City
7. Slope City to EasPro

I dont see a problem with the phase 2 railroad, but I looked at the map concerning the phase 1 railroad you proposed and we would have to build a pretty long bridge over pretty deep water...

To be exact, an almost 10 kilometer bridge...

I understand that this would be a collosal undertaking. I could move that to the bottom, or perhaps put that off till a time when it would be feasible.

View user profile

17 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:15 pm

Ok, noting that the bridge between Hythe and Macks would be infeasible for the time being.

So I would put that off for the future until such time that it would not be such a daunting task.

1. Macks to Pigshead
2. Pigshead to EasPro
3. EasPro to NorPro
4. NorPro to Northport
5. Northport to WesPro

Phase 2 would then connect the minor communities and resource areas to the major cities to ensure that raw goods get to where they need to be and finished materials get to the ports.

1. WestPro to Boardsley
3. Pigshead to Timberton
4. Timberton to Quellhof
5. Quellhof to Shafton
6. Shafton to Slope City
7. Slope City to EasPro

View user profile

18 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:28 pm

Braigwen wrote:Ok, noting that the bridge between Hythe and Macks would be infeasible for the time being.

So I would put that off for the future until such time that it would not be such a daunting task.

1. Macks to Pigshead
2. Pigshead to EasPro
3. EasPro to NorPro
4. NorPro to Northport
5. Northport to WesPro

Phase 2 would then connect the minor communities and resource areas to the major cities to ensure that raw goods get to where they need to be and finished materials get to the ports.

1. WestPro to Boardsley
3. Pigshead to Timberton
4. Timberton to Quellhof
5. Quellhof to Shafton
6. Shafton to Slope City
7. Slope City to EasPro

I double checked the distance and depth of that area and building a bridge is still within the realm of feasibility.

OOC: I would like a ruling from Lore but I would estimate that it would be a 15 Ind 15 Sci job.

View user profile

19 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:33 pm

OOC: Thats debatable. I cant judge how deep the water is because there is no legend for it, but it is the second darkest shade and the middle section goes over the darkest shade, i think.

View user profile

20 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:00 am

If it is not too intrusive, I would just note that the Lurem line as it is shown on the proposed map, would seem to be a very inefficient railway. There seem to be far too many branch lines being used for one or 2 minor towns. Are these intended to be rail lines, or roads?

View user profile

21 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:06 am

Governor Grifenknight wrote:OOC:  Thats debatable. I cant judge how deep the water is because there is no legend for it, but it is the second darkest shade and the middle section goes over the darkest shade, i think.

OOC: It's about the length and depth of the Chesapeak Bay Bridge and that thing was planned in 1920s and broke ground in 1947

View user profile

22 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:07 am

OOC: But we arent America...

View user profile

23 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:09 am

Governor Grifenknight wrote:OOC:  But we arent America...

OOC: Can we stop referring to America as if it is a single unified body that moves like a hive mind? I am pretty sure that we can at least equal Maryland

View user profile

24 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:10 am

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:If it is not too intrusive, I would just note that the Lurem line as it is shown on the proposed map, would seem to be a very inefficient railway. There seem to be far too many branch lines being used for one or 2 minor towns. Are these intended to be rail lines, or roads?

These are railroads from what I am aware and I dont see how these branches are inefficient. I only see two branch lines. One is to Inistioge and another is to Walmer. Im not sure if the Inistioge one is necessary, but Walmer is a major source of lumber in the region so it would make sense that there is a railroad there.

View user profile

25 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:12 am

Governor Gollvieg wrote:
Governor Grifenknight wrote:OOC:  But we arent America...

OOC: Can we stop referring to America as if it is a single unified body that moves like a hive mind? I am pretty sure that we can at least equal Maryland

I mean... sure, but whats the difference by saying Maryland instead of America. If anything, it would only confuse the non-american players that dont know all the 50 states and other stuff. Very Happy

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum