Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Yesterday at 1:22 pm by Luslanz

» Turn 1-1068
Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:07 pm by FreelanceZero

» Turn 2-1068
Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:52 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Turn 12-1067
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:05 pm by Spartanmario

» Player Houses
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:08 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Koth Meeting
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:07 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Chelsey Wright: hiring a lawyer
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Tyranny Coupon 50%
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm by TheUltimateParadoxs

» Warlords II: Turn Four - Departure of a Hero
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:52 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

You are not connected. Please login or register

Strategic Infrastructure Project

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:21 am

I am going to be investing in light rail services for use in both commercial and freight. If we add a phase 4 to the plan I believe these branch lines would be better served through the use of trams. This would allow cities like Whaley easier access to the line, make the line between Clun, Trafrask and Ely far cheaper and the same for Waler to Adecide as well as allow for the connection of smaller towns to hubs on the line.

View user profile

27 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:24 am

Governor Grifenknight wrote:
Governor Gollvieg wrote:
Governor Grifenknight wrote:OOC:  But we arent America...

OOC: Can we stop referring to America as if it is a single unified body that moves like a hive mind? I am pretty sure that we can at least equal Maryland

I mean... sure, but whats the difference by saying Maryland instead of America.  If anything, it would only confuse the non-american players that dont know all the 50 states and other stuff. Very Happy

OOC: The difference is that Maryland, is not the industrial capital of the United States. In The States there are distinct cultural and economic differences that each state has with each other. For example, the accent that most people think is "American" is actually Southern Californian, due to Hollywood. Anyways, point is Maryland in the 20s does not have any more or less resources engineering wise than we do and we have the benefit of being overlords to push things through legislature.

View user profile

28 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:31 am

OOC: But im sure they had the ability to get help and resources from other states, especially the states north of them, in order to build this bridge. I understand that all the states are different economically and culturally, but they had the advantage of getting help from each other, which we dont because we are all about on the same level(except for me Sad ). Especially with the fact that the US's economy was booming at the time(until 1929 when the crash happened) and add in the fact that the federal government started public work projects in response to the crash, which probably included this bridge(Im not sure), it would make sense that they would be able to do this.

View user profile

29 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:56 am

Governor Grifenknight wrote:OOC:  But im sure they had the ability to get help and resources from other states, especially the states north of them, in order to build this bridge.  I understand that all the states are different economically and culturally, but they had the advantage of getting help from each other, which we dont because we are all about on the same level(except for me Sad ).  Especially with the fact that the US's economy was booming at the time(until 1929 when the crash happened) and add in the fact that the federal government started public work projects in response to the crash, which probably included this bridge(Im not sure), it would make sense that they would be able to do this.

OOC: Quick question, where do you live? The States don't help each other. In fact the Echaini work better with each other than the States. Any project that a State has to do is either done in house or contracted from a private business. The Cheaspeak Bay Bridge was first proposed in 1907, began financing in 1927, canceled in 1929, proposed again in 1938, and delayed because of WW2.

The science was there, the industry existed, a World War happened and it took until after the war to begin constructing. Make no mistake, this is going to be a multi-year project.

View user profile

30 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:05 am

OOC: My bad, I should have clarified. When I meant they could have gotten help from the states north of them, I meant more along the private sector side of things especially since the northeast was industrialized.

I, also, never said this was impossible, I just don't think it will statt now or over the next few months(thought it what I thought you were proposing). You said it would require 15 science and industry, but the problem is, how much is 15 science and industry? Also, we just ended a revolution 5 months ago so I doubt we have the equipment to do this anyways.

By the way, I live in Virginia. Very Happy

View user profile

31 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:10 am

Governor Grifenknight wrote:OOC:  My bad, I should have clarified.  When I meant they could have gotten help from the states north of them, I meant more along the private sector side of things especially since the northeast was industrialized.

I, also, never said this was impossible, I just don't think it will start now or over the next few months(thought it what I thought you were proposing).  You said it would require 15 science and industry, but the problem is, how much is 15 science and industry?  Also, we just ended a revolution 5 months ago so I doubt we have the equipment to do this anyways.

By the way, I live in Virginia. Very Happy

I thought with the way this proposal was written that it is supposed to be a 10 year thing. I'm pretty sure that we will have finished the bridge by 1950-52ish

View user profile

32 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:16 am

It depends on when we start the bridge though. I'm not sure about the 10 year thing though.

View user profile

33 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:52 am

The OIP updated the plan.

Lines through Plainsdale in Waltens and Central moved to Phase Two, in which a connection through Plainsdale is put.

Plainsdale Phase One is connection of Great Fields and Southport.
Northport Western Circuit is added as Phase one, and naval capacities will be eventually had between Hythe and Northport City.

As for connection in Aberisk, exact route is still being planned (OOC: I think we can leave that as the level of extraneous detail).
Bridge between Macks and Hythe is outside the scope of SIP - SIP is supposed to bring realistic and fast creation of a transportation system.

Phase One are projects on which work must begin immediately, Phase Two are important projects which are either secondary, or technically complicated, and Phase Three are additional lines in no particular order.
The only timetable is "as soon as possible" with regard to high quality (that's why light rail is unsuitable for SIP primary lines).

OOC: Today is the only day of the week when I have a lot of school, so I'll be back in, like 8 hours. Also, Braigwen, did you read the Compact itself, do you want to join or not?

View user profile

34 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:58 am

And with regards to rails leading through the jungle, these are often intentional - it will be hard to build and maintain them at first, but they are first steps in colonising these parts of Echain.

View user profile

35 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:20 am

Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:
Phase One are projects on which work must begin immediately, Phase Two are important projects which are either secondary, or technically complicated, and Phase Three are additional lines in no particular order.
The only timetable is "as soon as possible" with regard to high quality (that's why light rail is unsuitable for SIP primary lines).

Sorry I'm not quite following this, why is light rail unsuitable? The time it will take to start manufacturing engines? Of the lines I suggested be replaced by light rail they were all phase three. Surely that would leave enough time?

View user profile

36 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:26 am

SIP concerns itself with heavy duty rails capable of both personal and cargo transport. Thus, light rail doesn't fit. That is not to say that you can't construct additional lines with lesser standards; it's even expected, especially for Phase Three lines (less important overall), that they will be supplemented with parallel tracks with lower standards (for passenger use, not industrial).

View user profile

37 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:36 am

As I said, my light rail services will be experimenting with cargo trams similar to those found in Switzerland. I understand the need for heavy rail, but I can't imagine the few tracks I am discussing would be out of line. I don't mean to harp on this point, but Lurem's proposed railway seems extremely inefficient and I imagine unprofitable. Hardly fair for the region most likely to have to take loans for this project. I will be drawing up plans for my proposal that you can do with as you wish.

View user profile

38 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:14 am

I don't see the problem with Lurem lines. All Regions included in SIP have most population and economic centres connected by SIP planned rail - including Plainsdale.
SIP also anticipates an expects that connected areas will show increased growth thanks to SIP.

As for light rail, OIP would be interested, but would require compatibility and upgradeability. Please, send your experts to OIP, and we will explore the option further.

OOC: really, write that you send those people to OIP, so it has people from other Regions as well. Right now they're just Eastportians. Eastport will still pay for all of it.

View user profile

39 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:02 am

WW, can you tell us how it's inefficient? You ignored my earlier response and you continue to state this without reasoning.

View user profile

40 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:05 am

I am currently trying to lay down a highway from Casal to Hythe. The foundations that I will lay down for this project can be used to build the Freight Rail to Hythe.

Also, I would like to propose a Red Line Project that connects Aberisk and Waltens at the shortest point between Walten and Aberisk and continues on through to Trent. I would like to also propose a Twin City built on both sides of the straight in order to create a closer relationship between the two Regions and allow easy transport of materials. This would allow us to turn a 200 km trip to a 60 km one, the financing of 2 cities, a bridge and the Jungle rail would be worth it considering it will allow easy access to the Gold mines, Coal mines, and revitalize Trent.

View user profile

41 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:52 am

Phase One is supposed to be bare minimum connecting current major production and population centres. Further phases are more ambitious, difficult and take more developmental qualities.

Line you propose is a possibility to be explored, but both technical difficulty and the character of the project fits Phase Three most.

View user profile

42 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:08 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:WW, can you tell us how it's inefficient?  You ignored my earlier response and you continue to state this without reasoning.

Branch lines don't get enough traffic on them to be worth the investment. You're essentially wasting an engine on a short route. If you look at Adecide, it becomes a hub station right next to the hub station of Meiral. There will be two engines for five stations in that area, Meiral to Valverto and Adecide to Walmer. It's just a major inefficiency and one I don't think Lurem can afford.

At the very least the line between Adecide and Hortinhas should be changed to Hortinhas and Meiral. This would allow passengers and freight from Walmer and Hortinhas easier access to the primary line without the need for waiting for two connecting trains.

View user profile

43 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:32 pm

You have a point. I believe that would should change it then. Thank you for the help. Very Happy

Felix, is this possible? Walmer is an important source of lumber in Lurem so it will be necessary to establish the most efficient railway to it in order to ship out lumber at a decent rate.

View user profile

44 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:42 pm

The SIP plan is not for designing concrete lines (as in: train goes there and will be here at time X). It simply says - here we'll build a railway; here we'll build a larger train station (that's all hubs are, really).

The issue thus does not concern Sip itself, but rather later actual lines and timetables.

View user profile

45 Re: Strategic Infrastructure Project on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:47 pm

I understand that, but I am proposing that instead of building a railroad from Adecide to Hortinhas, we build it as Meiral to Hortinhas.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum