Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:52 pm by Spartanmario

» The Dregs of Korn
Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:46 pm by SilverDragonRed

» September 30: Underale
Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:50 pm by Frieza2000

» Turn 3-1068
Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:21 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crisis - Race War [Private](Crisis Resolved, Please Archive)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Tap tap tap the sound of a hardwood cane upon the tile floor can be heard as a figure comes closer to the Council Chamber. Tap tap tap... A pause is audible as the door swing open to reveal Governor Gollvieg covered in bandages. His right arm is wrapped in a cast and underneath his suit jacket are wraps supporting broken ribs, his head have been shaved and it is easily visible up close that there are multiple stitches holding a wicked gash across his forehead. One of his eyes is covered in a bandage and it is not noticeable whether or not the eye it's covering it is still there. It is very clear that the Governor was completely brutalized but at least he is able to walk even with a cane and he is still conscious and his voice clear.

"Gentlemen, Lady, I would like to propose a closed session for the CoG, what I have to say cannot leave these chambers."

Last edited by Governor Gollvieg on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
Seconded.

View user profile
Agreed

View user profile
OOC: Only after the matter of Protocol is finished. I don't care there's another *** crisis; there will always be one. Especially if we let countless issues just 'rot'.

View user profile
Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:OOC: Only after the matter of Protocol is finished. I don't care there's another *** crisis; there will always be one. Especially if we let countless issues just 'rot'.

OOC: Protocol finished just need 2 more votes. Btw I burned every single influence point I got last turn to get something to work. =P

View user profile
The Governor looks quite shocked at Gollvieg apparent injuries. He nods quickly at Gollvieg and at his staff. The later ones shuffle out of the chamber in a haste.

View user profile
If this is classified information should we perhaps move to the private caucus?

View user profile
It would be an option we should consider.

View user profile
OOC: Then ask Lore to move the thread... So it's not like with Darpon, which was divided into two separate ones.

View user profile
Thanks Lore.

View user profile
Alexander looks in shock at Gollviegs appearance and rushes over to him.

"Jesus Christ father what the hell happened are you ok?".

View user profile
"It's okay Alex, the men who did this did not know what they were doing and ultimately it was my fault."

Gollvieg turns to the rest of the council, "It is my fault, for I believed that the source of our problems was the Japanese, that if somehow we were able to find the source of this foreign invasion and defeat it, we would make things right. How naive I was to believe that it was one side that was the problem, that by somehow weeding out the leaders of the New Japan Initiative that we can finally get peace. I spent every single bit of political capital I had in order to track down and defeat a monster that did not exist. In his dying words Ueda Hyousuke, the man known as The Captain, The Executioner, the architect of the Burning of Aberisk, the killer of the Royal Line, he stated that he was sorry for the devastation he wrought that he did his best to prevent much worse atrocities from happening and that was not an excuse for the pain he given us for he was unable to stand against the evil the comes from all of our hearts.

The Japanese was never the problem, it was the actions of a vocal minority that forced the group as a whole to the darkness, and if only those that knew it had the strength and courage to stand against it then evil would not prevail. His final words were, "Please save them, guide them to a time and place where they can call home. Please teach them to not hold rage in their hearts and stand up for what is right, to stand together with everyone as one people."

Gollvieg pauses for a moment as if he is deciding whether or not to say more. "I am Ueda Hyousuke now, I have inherited full command of the Shin Nippon Initiative, The promised land of freedom from hate and fear. The hope and dreams of a countless number of people rest upon my shoulders and I refuse to let all those deaths and sacrifices go to waste."

Gollvieg turns to the rest of the council, "This ends now. There will be no segregation, there will be no second class citizens. If the voices of a few are to turn us into monsters then someone has to stand up against that. Someone has to have the courage and strength to do what is right. Aberisk will enact zero tolerance laws for acts of racial violence and segregation. If they refuse to meet us halfway they can get the fuck out of my Region."

Mood Music:

Last edited by Governor Gollvieg on Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user profile
Alexander sits down.

"I.....I don't know what to say. Surly we can't keep things the same it would only lead to more death and subjugation of the Japanese people. I know it is wrong for any kind of segregation but I don't see an alternative. If we do nothing then who knows what will happen perhaps even the genocide of the Japanese people".

View user profile
Blind optimism and idealism is not a viable solution to the current situation. Just like we cannot let the tensions fester and run wild, we cannot wage war on our own citizen.
Yes, the public opinion on the Japanese is not justified, but by criminalising it so harshly we'd only feed the fires of hatred.

View user profile
Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:Blind optimism and idealism is not a viable solution to the current situation. Just like we cannot let the tensions fester and run wild, we cannot wage war on our own citizen.
Yes, the public opinion on the Japanese is not justified, but by criminalising it so harshly we'd only feed the fires of hatred.

"And by leaving a fire alone it will not grow out of control? No, I may only have one eye but I can finally see. What we must do is not give in to the voices of a few and do what must be done. We must stand strong against the forces of hate and we must not give in.

I have a plan, but I cannot do it alone. I need the help of everyone to make it work."

View user profile
Governor Gollvieg wrote:
Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:Blind optimism and idealism is not a viable solution to the current situation. Just like we cannot let the tensions fester and run wild, we cannot wage war on our own citizen.

"And by leaving a fire alone it will not grow out of control? No, I may only have one eye but I can finally see. What we must do is not give in to the voices of a few and do what must be done. We must stand strong against the forces of hate and we must not give in.

I have a plan, but I cannot do it alone. I need the help of everyone to make it work."

"I am always willing to help you, what is the plan?."

View user profile
I don't intend to do nothing; I'm currently formulating a plan of my own.
Should a better one present itself, I'd be eager to hear it, Governor Gollvieg.

View user profile
I think my thoughts in this matter go along the same lines as Mr. Gollvieg, or at least if I have understood him right.

I have to be honest, I have no experience in the matter of "race relations" and what not, so if I see this wrong please someone enlighten me.
But at this point the only real option I see is to crack down on any act of violence, no matter from which side, with an iron fist! No pardons, no mercy.
I have tried to talk with these groups and is seems to have no avail if the blood in the streets of Central are any indication. This is not allowed to go on, this anarchy and conflict must stop!

View user profile
I would like to hear both Gollvieg's and Felix's proposals.

View user profile
"First, we need to call in Darpon in order to keep the peace. They are a third party, they are held in high regard and most importantly they armed and well equipped to handle things non-lethally in case things get out of hand.

Second, we will ensure the rule of law will be enforced. We are not a tribe, we are not powerless puppets, if the people cannot trust that the basic laws that make up a civilized nation will be enforced then we descend into complete anarchy. There will be no slack given otherwise you give the criminals one inch and they will try to take a mile. To that point we may need to establish a national prison system in order to handle criminals and cases that are too much for us to handle Regionally.

Third, we need to rally those who oppose this violence and make one massive peaceful demonstration. This move cannot be made piecemeal and we should concentrate the demonstration as much as possible in one city in order to multiply the effect. I need Governor WW's cameras, Lorinbas' major radio communications towers and everyone needs to spread the word throughout their Regions that those who stands against violence and hate should meet up at one spot and that countless others will stand with them. This demonstration should be recorded and publicized as far as possible, both in Echain and overseas. I am very certain the Kiwis would be with us on this issue and they can help us spread the word.

Finally, I know that I cannot ask you to easily give up the influence that you worked so hard to build but I need your political support and political capital in order to make one last attempt to call for peace, one last attempt to remind everyone of their humanity, that we have to be the change that we want to see."

OOC: I need to borrow enough Influence in order to make the MLK speech and push my influence out of immediate rebellion level.

View user profile
Governor Chaos_Ryder steps into the chamber covered in grease and dirt. He seems tired but ultimately cheerful. He catches up with the minutes and sits down More somber than he came in.

"Yes I've heard similar rumblings in Versberg, the people's council even suggested I remove all Japanese citizens from Versberg, By force if necessary. I'm confident I can sway public opinion, the people of Versberg are stubborn, but they can see reason if they are staring it in the face. I was thinking of having some letters from me and some talks over the radio if I could arrange it."

Last edited by Governor Chaos_Ryder on Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
If we should introduce a national prison system, which I am strongly in favour of, I would recommend Central as location for the facilities as we are fasts to reach from all corners of Echain, as well as the fact that we have to most experienced law enforcement personal.

Regarding the rally:

I am strongly in favour of this move. Again I see Central as the prime location for such an outing.
To use my radios we would need to be in Central and through my location it should be fast for people to assemble for all corners of Echain.

I am willing to support your efforts with whatever will be necessary Gollvieg. Whatever it takes count me and my people in!
(OOC: I am willing to give up 6 Influence if necessary, though if others chime in I will probably not invest as much as I do not want to lose more than necessary, for obvious reasons.)

View user profile
But what if the non-racists are only a small minority of the population?

None of us currently know the full extent of the racism. I believe we should make these sorts of plans after the censuses return. I don't want to spend influence, time or money on something that might not even work.

View user profile
Alexander sits in the corner of the room clearly in deep thought, conflicted on the matter.

"I....have neither the influence nor the money to help in this, let's just wait for the census results from each of the regions and decide from there. I am.....sorry father."

View user profile
I fear this plan is far too naive and heavy handed. Thus, I will put forth an opt-in act for protective segregation which would include mandatory re-integration projects; along this, I will propose Hate Crime Act increasing penalties for crimes done with impersonal hatred.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum