» Turn 9-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:08 pm by FreelanceZero

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crisis - Race War [Private](Crisis Resolved, Please Archive)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:I fear this plan is far too naive and heavy handed. Thus, I will put forth an opt-in act for protective segregation which would include mandatory re-integration projects; along this, I will propose Hate Crime Act increasing penalties for crimes done with impersonal hatred.

Now I maybe on the fence with Governor Gollvieg's idea but I cannot and will not consent to any measure that puts in force segregation whether there will be integration projects in the future or not. How can you expect a people to form any kind of understanding when they are completely separate?. I hope the people of Southport agree with the idea that I have put forward (which is option 2 in the new census created) and no segregation will be necessary at all and slowly but surly the Japanese can become equals again.

Oh and I would of course vote for any measure that increases the penalty's for hate crimes.

View user profile
That's why it would be opt-in. You could choose to institute such segregation on a zone-to-zone basis, but, by default, there would be none.

View user profile
Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:That's why it would be opt-in. You could choose to institute such segregation on a zone-to-zone basis, but, by default, there would be none.

I fear such a thing could lead us down a slippery slope, if one region puts in force segregation and another refuses to do so then my constituents would then be more forceful in their demands for segregation and would become emboldened by another region having this policy in place.

View user profile
How do you want to protect the Japanese otherwise? While securing their rights, and the rights of our citizen? Do you use Darpon? Has anyone asked Darpon? Because military has no job upholding any other law than the martial variety.

View user profile
Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:How do you want to protect the Japanese otherwise? While securing their rights, and the rights of our citizen? Do you use Darpon? Has anyone asked Darpon? Because military has no job upholding any other law than the martial variety.

Their rights?. You mean cooping them up in a cornered off area where they will be treated like second class citizens as their hatred grows?, I am sure that will work out just fine for the nation in the future!.

No we don't use Darpon but we don't just go straight for segregation at the first sign of trouble.

View user profile
All due respect, this is hardly the first sign. And I believe our own security forces are part of the problem, and thus are unfit to uphold laws in this situation, which creates the problem: how do you protect the Japanese without segregation?

I also reject your claim of "cooping them up in a cornered off area". Please, don't make assumptions like that when I hadn't even proposed the act in full.
It is in fact based on specific projects levied on a zone-by-zone basis, which are crafted by Mayors and Governors, and then approved by a joint Echaini - Japanese commission, and these projects would have to include a viable and robust re-integration program (of both sides), and would be put under independent review by the joint commission every two or three years.

My proposal is strictly opt-in, includes Japanese and Echaini opinion in equal measure, and most importantly is actually realistic and viable.
If we let ourselves be guided by our hearts in this matter, the situation will get much worse in most of Echain, maybe not everywhere, but still somewhere. We must have realistic tools to solve problem if it cannot be dealt with kind words and rampant persecution of Echaini.

View user profile
I actually agree with mister Grifenknight that we need to have more information on where various populations stand on this issue. Whether it is really this widespread or is rather the action of individuals or small groups. Right now, it would appear that the anti-Japanese ideology is pretty universal across Echain, which (if that is really the case) is very worrisome and might not be solved by a speech and a goodwill campaign.

Finally, I'm going to play the devil's advocate and suggest we should investigate ways to repatriate the Japanese-Echaini to Japan should push come to shove and it might become out only alternative to genocide.

(Ooc: To be honest, I'm actually unclear on when most Japanese came to Echain. Did they mostly settle during the Occupation, or were there Japanese before that as well?)

View user profile
OOC: That doesn't matter, Sander. I'll explain in OOC thread.

View user profile
"I have no quarrel with the Japanese people. From what I've seen they're hard working and quick to laugh. Northport has taken in all that we can. We'd need more homes and the people would need work. But other than that our arms are open."

View user profile
I don't currently have authority over how film equipment is used, but I'll certainly send a letter to the Fine Arts Academy asking for its cooperation in this matter.

I don't believe this mass non-violent demonstration is likely to work as planned. I would suggest we organise the racists to counter-rally and rather than focus on non-violence, instead turn the crowd on the racists. Have militia in the crowd as agitators to start fights with the racists. Just use social pressure and fists to show them that their views are not welcome in Echain.

View user profile
In other words, you intend to wage war against our own citizen. From whom most are hateful, but most also did not act on their hate, and thus committed no crime.

View user profile
I intend to wage war on any who would willingly turn up to counter-demonstrate a peaceful anti-fascist rally. That is acting on their hate.

View user profile
So one group has the right to protest and congregate and one does not?

View user profile
Correct. We give racists no quarter.

View user profile
Actions you propose, governor Whiskers, are plain illegal, immoral, quite possibly impossible, and certainly put us in danger of a civil war.
Should you enact such a plan, even if all the other Governors would stand with you, know that I would expose this heinous plot to the public, and would combat the idea any way I could.

View user profile
I have to agree with Felix, denying these people the right of assembly no matter how vile they are is plain immoral and illegal.

View user profile
You guys are making plans without information.  How do we know if Plainsdale is majority racist or not?  Same for every other region.  Until we get information, I don't think we should make any major plans.  Currently, you are all acting as if the racists are either a minority or half the population AT MOST.

I propose attempting to passively stop the rascism, for example increasing the penalty on hate crimes, until we recieve information on the views of the people.

Last edited by Governor Grifenknight on Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I hate my phone...)

View user profile
I agree with Governor Knight - we need more information. I just needed to put one realistic plan in front of people, after Governor Gollvieg presented his.
Obviously, based on information we gather, I may change my mind.

View user profile
They are murdering Japanese in the streets, they are conducting bombing campaigns. They gave up their right to peaceful assembly when they turned violent. We are already in a civil war, you just can't see it.

View user profile
Governor Grifenknight wrote:You guys are making plans without information.  How do we know if Plainsdale is majority racist or not?  Same for every other region.  Until we get information, I don't think we should make any major plans.  Currently, you are all acting as if the racists are either a minority or half the population AT MOST.

I propose attempting to passively stop the rascism, for example increasing the penalty on hate crimes, until we recieve information on the views of the people.

Plainsdale is not majority racist, or has at least not shown itself to be. The most I have had are claims of unfair dismissal. I have that information.

View user profile
Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:They are murdering Japanese in the streets, they are conducting bombing campaigns. They gave up their right to peaceful assembly when they turned violent. We are already in a civil war, you just can't see it.

A minority have been doing such things and they shall be punished to the full extent of the law. What you propose will lead to civil war, if you deny them basic human rights then you are no better the Japanese during the occupation.

We wait for the results of the census and move from there.

View user profile
I thank Governor Whiskers with a great presentation of how racism works.
You take the actions of a minority, and expand the blame for them on all members of said group.

In other words, you are no better than a racist, Whiskers.

View user profile
What a facile argument Felix. Racists attack an inherent trait, one its victims can't change. I attack a behaviour, a belief. A dangerous and toxic belief.

Plainsdale is pulling out of these talks. It will conduct itself as it sees fit. Cameras will still be supplied to Governor Gollvieg.

Last edited by Governor WhiskeyWhiskers on Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:Plainsdale is pulling out of these talks. It will conduct itself as it sees fit. Cameras will still be supplied to Governor Gollvieg.

Really?!?!?. When Plainsdale tears itself apart because of your stupid actions don't come running to me asking for aid.

View user profile
Plainsdale is not currently suffering these issues yet. As my solutions are not wanted for your regions, I will not be forcing my views on anyone any further.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum