» Chelsey Wright: hiring a lawyer
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Tyranny Coupon 50%
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm by TheUltimateParadoxs

» Warlords II: Turn Four - Departure of a Hero
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:52 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Greedfall, new game by Spiders: teaser trailer
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:16 am by RorytheRomulan

» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:08 am by Luslanz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Turn 5.5: Evacuation

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Turn 5.5: Evacuation on Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:50 pm

Over the course of a couple of days, the populace of Echain experiences an odd sensation country-wide of deep shame. Several of those who had committed actual violence upon those of Japanese descent have committed suicide. Many others have submitted themselves to the local authorities and plead guilty to their bias. Things settle down, quickly, nation-wide. Japanese-Echaini are once again embraced as brethren, as they had been before the Occupation.

Some days after this, the Japanese refugees and recent settlers have left Echain en masse, leaving north to return to Japan. There are only rumors as to why this has happened, with the recent violence being an obvious one, but nothing concrete.

OOC: ...I just realized this is actually a short post, because so much of what just happened is either happening in PMs or no one knows about yet. A lot, and I mean a lot, has changed under the hood to accommodate this change in-lore rather than making this an OOC change. You may, formally, consider all racial tensions gone forevermore, however.

2 Re: Turn 5.5: Evacuation on Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:53 pm

OOC: Huzzah! time to throw a party!. Very Happy

View user profile

3 Re: Turn 5.5: Evacuation on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:11 pm

I credit myself with this historic change. If it weren't for the thankless dedication of my anti-fascist taskforce Echain would have been thrown into chaos.

View user profile

4 Re: Turn 5.5: Evacuation on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:16 pm

OOC: Can we take IC credit for this or do we just let it happen?

View user profile

5 Re: Turn 5.5: Evacuation on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:16 pm

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:I credit myself with this historic change. If it weren't for the thankless dedication of my anti-fascist taskforce Echain would have been thrown into chaos.

You mean the anti-fascist task force which has not even been operating a month and has only operated in Plainsdale somehow affected regions like Lurem where the most horrible genocide that has ever taken place on Echaini soil happened?. Keep dreaming.

View user profile

6 Re: Turn 5.5: Evacuation on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:17 pm

Why does everyone think the genocide only happened in Lurem? We don't even know how many people died...

View user profile

7 Re: Turn 5.5: Evacuation on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:18 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:Why does everyone think the genocide only happened in Lurem?  We don't even know how many people died...

I am not having a go at you but am merely pointing out that the most horrific of the violence took place in Lurem, I don't blame you for that but it is a fact that the most disturbing of reports came from Lurem.

View user profile

8 Re: Turn 5.5: Evacuation on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:23 pm

May I ask what reports you are talking about?

View user profile

9 Re: Turn 5.5: Evacuation on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:24 pm

OOC: What happens to all the resources I expended to help the Japanese refugees and hire shipbuilding experts? Since this is an OOC change, and I had no way of knowing they'd just leave, I believe I should be somehow compensated.

View user profile

10 Re: Turn 5.5: Evacuation on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:25 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:May I ask what reports you are talking about?  

The killing of Japanese refugees by Luremites. Look is this really the time?, we should be celebrating.

View user profile

11 Re: Turn 5.5: Evacuation on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:26 pm

Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:OOC: What happens to all the resources I expended to help the Japanese refugees and hire shipbuilding experts? Since this is an OOC change, and I had no way of knowing they'd just leave, I believe I should be somehow compensated.

OOC: This is IC I believe.

View user profile

12 Re: Turn 5.5: Evacuation on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:27 pm

Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:OOC: What happens to all the resources I expended to help the Japanese refugees and hire shipbuilding experts? Since this is an OOC change, and I had no way of knowing they'd just leave, I believe I should be somehow compensated.
Congratulations, you have just been compensated by being given Governorship of Eastport and the high trade income it brings.

13 Re: Turn 5.5: Evacuation on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:31 pm

OOC: Can we q-snap Lurem 100 ESP?

View user profile

14 Re: Turn 5.5: Evacuation on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:32 pm

Governor Alexander wrote:
Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:I credit myself with this historic change. If it weren't for the thankless dedication of my anti-fascist taskforce Echain would have been thrown into chaos.

You mean the anti-fascist task force which has not even been operating a month and has only operated in Plainsdale somehow affected regions like Lurem where the most horrible genocide that has ever taken place on Echaini soil happened?. Keep dreaming.

It was a joke.

View user profile

15 Re: Turn 5.5: Evacuation on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:32 pm

OOC: Also, if the racial tensions are gone, won't Lurem's morale go up? Very Happy

View user profile

16 Re: Turn 5.5: Evacuation on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:32 pm

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:
Governor Alexander wrote:

It was a joke.

I am sorry I did not.....get the joke.

View user profile

17 Re: Turn 5.5: Evacuation on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:35 pm

OOC: I mean I invested 2 ESP into them. If I just lost that money, I'd have to be more gamey - is this gonna be q-snapped? Will this just disappear, or not? What's worse, such approach would be justified. I know I have huge income, but I'm also the only one helping Lurem, I'm finding the planning of Echain's infrastructure network, I'll end up paying for most of it, and I'll probably have disproportionate part of Darpon payment. Most importantly, I didn't pick Eastport because it has good economy, as I didn't even know about it (and I didn't really pick Eastport per say); I didn't min-max consciously - I don't like meta-gaming (actually I hate it).
I'm sorry if I sound combative, I am used to saying things clearly and without much "side stuff" which would help ameliorate my tone.

View user profile

18 Re: Turn 5.5: Evacuation on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:37 pm

Mm. No compensation. If you have an issue, take it up with the GM.

19 Re: Turn 5.5: Evacuation on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:39 pm

OOC: To be honest, the solution I'd consider best would be to say that those people I hired (and who were happy working for me) stayed in Eastport.

View user profile

20 Re: Turn 5.5: Evacuation on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:43 pm

None of this was OOC and none of this was Q-Snapped, so... all that money you invested did go into people who probably have no where to go right now and as such are at your disposal for whatever.

Let me repeat that in case I wasn't clear. None of this was an OOC change.

21 Re: Turn 5.5: Evacuation on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:44 pm

So no morale increases for Lurem? Sad

View user profile

22 Re: Turn 5.5: Evacuation on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:49 pm

OOC: I get it's not OOC change, but it was completely unpredictable for me, and it was R0ed (which I have nothing against). From an in-game perspective, that makes sense (sometimes the unexpected happens), but from a player perspective, I should respond by weighing all possible outcomes regardless of their likelyhood, if that makes sense.
Again, I sound angry and outraged, which I am really not. I just wanted to explain why I sought "compensation". I completely agree with them staying behind.

View user profile

23 Re: Turn 5.5: Evacuation on Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:07 pm

I need to ask something has a budget for Domestic Intelligence been decided yet? If it has when will I get my first currency?

View user profile

24 Re: Turn 5.5: Evacuation on Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:42 pm

You were given 5ESP two turns ago. Don't know if you spent it or not.

View user profile

25 Re: Turn 5.5: Evacuation on Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:58 pm

Have not spend it. Lore can you send me a private message with my current stats

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum