Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Star  discord  WArs  political  xcom  child  Trek  game  

Latest topics
» Battle of Scales
Today at 12:42 am by wolfking2k

» Eye of the Storm
Yesterday at 9:59 pm by Crensler

» Discovery Rumination Schedule?
Yesterday at 10:54 am by DaltonImperial

» Turn 9-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:08 pm by FreelanceZero

» Turn 10-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:32 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Turn 10-1066

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Turn 10-1066 on Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:38 pm

OOC wrote:I do not control any of the Banner Houses, the players do.  I only report what goes on with the Banner Houses if something is done that upsets them or causes them to rebel.

A ferocious sea battle broke out between the opposing sides of the Laventine civil war.  The most astonishing bit of the news were the flying machines that were used in the battle.  History was made during the battle when the son of the previously slain Governor, Quigley, became the first person to shoot down an enemy flier with his own.

Admiral Krenzler:
Mineralogical surveys have begun.  So far the lands on which you reside are rich in iron, silver, and precious metals.  

You gain 1 Wealth from trade.  9 turns for watch station system to be complete.  3 turns for the Institute to be complete.  3 turns to convert Levies.  2 turns to complete Trained Garrison training.  1 turn to complete Green Crusaders training.

Arcacius:
Your army continues its campaign into Yngvarr lands.  They have begun to besiege an important looking castle.

FreelanceZero:
There is lots of movement with the Houses of the northern Silver Coast.  But none of it looks to be coming near your territory.

The ad-hoc defenses set up by the besiegers is thoroughly examined to smallest minute detail.  The engineers found a glaring weakness in one side of the wall; a rocky outcropping prevents a full trench system from being made for a whole mile-and-a-half stretch.

The Great Wyvern Hunt took a dark turn this month when hundreds of volunteers perished in landslides and other horrible ways.

7 turns for the Military Academy to be complete.  3 turns to convert Levies.  1 turn to convert Green Archers to Trained.

greywolf:
House Amberheart and Runelight aid your construction effort by throwing their populations into it.

1 turn to complete the Workshop.

JaxVaeus:
The raid on the port was a complete success.  All Chu forces were eliminated.  The five captured vessels ran across a Chu patrol; all ships lost but none of the privateers were caught.  In addition the raiders captured 600 long-barreled hand cannons and 91 cannons that don’t have a steam engine along with a few barrels of black powder.

The balloon project continues to ferment results, but they note a vulnerability of the concept.  Namely that it is dependent on, and bound by, the wind for travel in its current state.

Research into the golem has yielded results.  The tauber note a similarity between the mana crystal that gives it life and Heinrich’s vampiric nature.  They conclude that the effect is doable if they have access to a greater number of mana crystals.

You gain 10 Wealth from Shu and 3 Wealth from the raid.  7 turns for the rings to be forged.  5 turns for the ports to be complete.  4 turns for the University to be complete.

Spartanmario:
Testing of the small-scale clipper is a success.  The engineers are eager to refine the construction for the full-sized version.

With the recent sea battle between Loyalist and Royalist forces your men were able to acquire the remains of a wrecked glider as well as a mostly intact one.  Both pilots were already dead.

You gain 2 Wealth from trade.  19 turns for the shipyards to be complete.  6 turns for the University to be complete.

Onyx Aurelius:
Reports come back of the region:
House Baggi-1,000 troops
House Gautstafr-3,000 troops
House Clothildis-1,000 troops
House Fridenot-2,000 troops
House Oddr-1,000 troops
The reasons listed for the various Houses to be killing each other is quite numerous listing various atrocities committed against each other over the past century in a bid to conquer the others.

A gift arrives this turn, courtesy of diplomat Bion.  The promised printing presses are brought in exchange for a shipment of coffee beans.

Success is made in establishing a contact within Laventino, some of the guard contingent of the the gate including its commander.  During the Loyalist rush to launch their fleet one of their gliders was smuggled onto a trading vessel of yours in pieces along with a single canister of the fuel.

No luck has been made in regards to setting a network in the Seven Isles yet.

10 turns for the Institute to be complete.  8 turns for Town upgrade to be complete.

wolfking2k:
200 yuan-ti are captured fleeing from the inferno of the port.

Clan Bloodclaws sends 28 of its population to assist in the construction of the magic school.

You gain 10 Wealth from Shu and 3 Wealth from the raid.  1 turn for the Tau College to be complete.

Zeiss:
House Wedge has become embroiled in a war with House Njall.  House Biggs is looking to join them.

OOC wrote:The serpent trading road will take 12 turns at 10 pop.

4 turns for the Port to be complete.



Last edited by SilverDragonRed on Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

2 Re: Turn 10-1066 on Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:28 pm

Actions:
Construction of a Maximum Size "Ironworks" and spending 10 wealth to do it. Also I will put 30 Pop into construction and 8 pop into the construction of the University. Heinrich will oversee construction personally.

Additionally the mana crystals needed to make one 'unit' of Golems will be given over. Starting with one of course to make sure they are controllable.

We will try to use fans to move the Balloon, setting up markers for intervals of ten feet. the goal is to use fans to move the balloon up to 100 feet.

Heinrich will also send a generous.. gift of Spices, armour, and 5 wealth to the Shu general, inviting him back as well as his Alchemist to assist in... handling... the Black Powder. When he arrives, talks will be had of what he feels of his lord and things he would change if he had a louder voice.

The House Artisan will begin to tinker with the hand cannons, learning how they are made and how they can reproduce them in the forge that is being constructed.


House Fortune and Status:
House Fortune Roll: 30 Blessing

2 to Def, 3 to land (+13 to Wealth from the Expedition, -15 from expenditure)

Def +15
Influence +3
Lands +12
Law +27
Pop +39
Power +11
Wealth +20
Glory: 5

Holdings:
Mines x2
Clergy
Artisan
Hall
Superior Castle
Tower
Roads
Hamlet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Commander Aleksander (Green)(Inf Command, Fighting , Warfare 2)

Commander Zhukov (Trained) (Command 2, Fighting 3, Warfare 1)

Commander Farhowl (Veteran) (Inf Command 3, Fighting 3, Warfare 4)

3,000 Royal Guard (Green) (18 power) (Discipline Modifier -6)(Athletics +1) (Armour 6, Pen -3) (Defence 4)(Morale 6)(BD: 8 )(Athletics 1, Endurance 1, Fighting 2)

1,000 Personal Guard, Elite (13 Power)(Discipline Modifier -6) Athletics 2, Endurance 5, Fighting 7

1,000 Scouts (Green) (2 Power) (Discipline Modifier +3)(Defence 5)(Morale 6)(BD: 3) )Awareness 1, Endurance, Stealth 1)

1,000 Garrison (Green) (12 Power) (Discipline Modifier -3/+3)(Athletics +1) (Armour 3, Pen -2) (Defence 5 )(Morale 9)(BD: 6) (Awareness, Endurance 1, Fighting 1)

2,000 Raiders (Green) (Discipline Modifier +3)(Athletics+1)(Armour 2, Pen -1)(Defence 5)(Morale 6)(BD: 6)(Agility, Endurance , Fighting )

1,000 Archers (3 pts) (Discipline Modifier +3)(Athletics +1)(Armour 2, Pen -1)(Defence 3)(Morale 5) (BD: 5)(Agility 1, Awareness, Marksmanship 1)

1,000 Calvary Archers [Special] 4 pts (Discipline Modifier +0))(Athletics +1)(Armour 2, Pen -1)(Defence 3)(Morale 5) (BD: 4)(Agility 1, Animal Handling 1, Marksmanship)

4,000 Garrison (Green) (12 Power) (Discipline Modifier -3/+3)(Athletics +1) (Armour 3, Pen -2) (Defence 5 )(Morale 9)(BD: 6) (Awareness, Endurance 1, Fighting 1)

3,000 Criminal, Green (2 Power)(Discipline Modifier +15) Endurance 1, Fighting 1, Stealth 0

3,000 Criminal, Green (2 Power)(Discipline Modifier +15) Endurance 0, Fighting 1, Stealth 1

3,000 Archers (Trained)(Discipline Modifier +0)(Athletics +1)(Armour 2, Pen -1)(Defense 5)(Morale 5) (BD: 5)(Agility 2, Awareness, Marksmanship 1)

5,000 Calvary (Trained)(Discipline Modifier -3)(Athletics+3)(Armour 0, Pen 0)(Defense 5) Morale )(BD: 6) (Agility 2, Animal Handling, Fighting 2)

1,000 Engineers (Green)(Discipline Modifier +3)(Athletics)(Armour 2, Pen -1)(Defense 5)(BD: 4)(Morale 7) (Endurance 1, Fighting, Warfare 1)

7,000 Infantry (Green)(Discipline Modifier +0)(Athletics+1)(Armour 3, Pen -2)(Defence 5) (BD: 6) (Athletics 1, Endurance , Fighting 1)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 turns for the rings to be forged. 5 turns for the ports to be complete. 4 turns for the University to be complete.

View user profile

3 Re: Turn 10-1066 on Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:45 pm

Message to all:
Lord Blackfang of the Bloodmouth clan invites all those who study tau arts to the first ever college. It may be small for now, but with their help, and of others it'll be a gleaming bastion for all spell users. Though remember you are guests, and hostilities will not be tolerated, a place of learning is not the place for you to hold your wars.

fortune roll:
Roll(7d6)+3:
2,5,2,5,5,3,1,+3
Total:26 blessing. Rolled 1d6 4 to power

Actions:
I'll send as many of the captured yaun-ti to the tau to complete the ritual, and convert the remainders into slave labor.

I'll also send a thank you letter to the banner house

I'll also use my influence to undermine the king of shu

current house stats:

Def 5
Inf 24
lan 3
law 22
pop 22
Pow 10
Wea 21



Last edited by wolfking2k on Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

4 Re: Turn 10-1066 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:27 am

Actions:
House Geirmund will commit 10 Population to aid Clan Grimmore's construction of the watch stations and begin training two units of Dwarven Quarrelers (Green, 10 Power, Special Unit: Marksmanship, Endurance, Awareness) for the Banner House as well.  All other efforts will continue as usual, which means the Trained Archers and Green Crusaders will finish for next turn.

Fortune Rolls:
House Geirmund: 7d6 + 8 = 36 (Boon) 2d6 = 8 Power

Clan Grimmore: 9d6 - 7 = 31 (Blessing) 1d6 = 3 Law

End of Turn Stats:
House Geirmund: Defense 8, Influence 4, Lands 7, Law 28, Population 24, Power 0, Wealth 8

Clan Grimmore: Defense 11, Influence 10, Lands 5, Law 25, Population 25, Power 2, Wealth 3



Last edited by Admiral Krenzler on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:24 am; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

5 Re: Turn 10-1066 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:52 am

Fortune:
7d6=28+10(House Fortune) = 38 Result:Growth Resource allocation: wealth

Actions:

Local:

The printing presses are received, one being sent directly to the local book shop for use, the other set aside for study by local craftsmen and smiths in an attempt to replicate the device.

The glider and fuel canister are brought to the new partially complete institute for study. Current orders are to try to replicate the fuel inside of the canister using the incomplete instructions the laventinese contact sent. A small team of workers totaling about two thousand is employed both directly and indirectly.  

Word that the second of the two research wings is ready is met with a tough choice, ultimately, a metallurgy team is given the wing to work in as opposed to the glider team. The metallurgy team is tasked with the exploration of new metal blends and their properties, a subset of the team is given a narrower focus of looking into metals that "produce little to no sparks when stuck" in an attempt to limit mining and ship building accidents caused by fires from tool sparks. The collective wing is given three thousand people to work with. 

In an unusual move, 50% of the workforce tasked with building the town are given orders to help finish the 3rd wing of the institute, with orders that upon completion, not only are they to return to the town project, but that the workers from the institute construction are to assist them in finishing the town and market.

Preparations begin for the presumed arrival of the various heads of local houses, foods are procured, the new town center is prepared for show, the inside of starforger hall is cleaned and guest rooms readied.



International:

Laventinese agent network is both praised and reprimanded for its work, while the glider is a massive find, along with the fuel, the fact that their contact knew exactly which house was getting the materials is considered an abject failure. Orders are to rethink currents methods to prevent this happening again.

The seven isles network is sent a simple letter asking for a status report, as well as an inquiry if they need additional resources.

An additional letter is sent, inside is a written copy of the agreement that laventino signed, minus their signature, Aurelion merchants are tasked with reviewing the document, and presenting it to Seven Isles authorities within a few months.


Resource Allocation:
Defense:0 Influence:13 Land:2 Law:26 Population:16 Power:12 Wealth:12+2 =14

View user profile

6 Re: Turn 10-1066 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:22 am

Fortune roll:
I roll 24, to which I add my House Fortune of 5, giving me 29. Thus, I gain Curse. I add my Inf modifier to it, and I gain Blessing instead.

I improve two resources by 3d points; Power and Wealth. I roll 3 for each die. Because of my marketplace, I gain 1 more Wealth, for a total of 4.

Current stats
Def 6
Inf 1
Lands 0
Law 21
Pop 22
Power 5
Wealth 9
House Fortune Total  = +5
13 Pop used for building Port

Actions:
I enlist a cavalry unit, and give them "Trained" level of training. Total cost: 5 Power, and 3 Wealth.

I continue to wait for updates on the zinc mine expedition.

I investigate the political conflict between House Wedge and House Njall. Why are they fighting? Is it possible to resolve this peacefully? Make no mistake; if one of my Banner House has been wronged, there will be consequences, but I would rather avoid an unnecessary bloodbath if possible.

Current stats:
Def 6
Inf 1
Lands 0
Law 21
Pop 22
Power 0
Wealth 6 9

House Fortune Total  = +5
13 Pop used for building Port



Last edited by Zeiss on Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

7 Re: Turn 10-1066 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:47 am

Actions:
The Isles will convene the meeting to form the Osean Trade League with those who were invited.

As this happens though, or perhaps before, The Laventino Refugees are putting a large stress currently on the food supply of the Isles. This is coupled with that fact they aren't currently working, thus being a drag on the economy as whole. As such, they are approaches and offered jobs to positions that are opened so they may be paid. This is mainly the construction work going on, but as well as some open industry positions in the slowly growing texile industry that is currently in the cottage industry faze. Generally, they will be paid 5-6 silvers for their work (normal citizen is paid 7-9 silvers) and is considered quite high despite being paid less than the normal citizen. Of course from an more modern perspective, this should not be a surprise as the Isles is a large island with limited people. It does not have the millions Chu, Laventino, or any of the great powers currently have. There is not a line of people waiting to take someone's job should he/she be fired.

Due to the cost of labor, some individuals who own and direct the textile cottage industry begin looking for ways to more easily produce cloth from spun fibers. They approach the government, and after a vote parliament agrees to give them some funding to find a way to increase productivity of workers, thus more cloth could be produce with the limited amount of people on the island currently. 2 Wealth.

To Solve the food shortage, 1 Wealth will be spent this turn and the following 5 turns to buy and import food for the population of the isles.

The wrecked glider and the mostly intact glider will be stored currently for study in the nearby future.


Fortune Roll:
6,2,6,1,5,3,3,+10=36 BOON
4d3:3,1,2,2

House Stats:
Def: 5
Inf: 9
Land: 3+2=5
Law: 51+2=53
Pop: 41
Pow: 3+3=6 (Fortune)
Wealth:21+2+1+2-4=22 (Trade) (Fortune) (Market+Port: d6=2) (Payment to Chu + Event)
House Fortune: 10

View user profile

8 Re: Turn 10-1066 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:34 am

House Purchases:
House Fortune Upgrades:
House Zenna + 2d6 Power (10)
House Sonaglio + 1d6 Law (3)
House Scala + 1d3 Wealth (2)
House Skitter + 1d3 Power (3)
House Stinger + 1d6 Wealth (5)
Updated Stats:
House Zenna
Power 19

House Sonaglio
Law 22

House Scala
Wealth 11

House Skitter
Power 17

House Stinger
Wealth 19
Actions:
Arn Radnor calls a meeting with the holder of the castle in which he approaches before beginning the seige.
House Fortune Rolls:
House Zenna 28 (26+2) Boon
House Sonaglio 28 (23+5) Blessing
House Scala 31 (25+6) Growth
House Skitter 35 (30+5) Blessing
House Stinger 20 (18+2) Blessing

View user profile

9 Re: Turn 10-1066 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:05 am

Actions:
The scouts and reserve troops will be tasked to continue their diligent monitoring, just in case the Northern Silver Coast is up to something.

Scouts will be sent to survey the wooden wall set up at the siege of House Isabjorg's banner house. Lord Protector Edward will ask the troops of House Isabjorg if there is any point over watching the siege as it takes place, as a scorpion could be mounted from a distant outlook to provide support. If such a location is found, some of the engineers will be sent to survey the stability of the outlook to mount a siege weapon.

At the end of a month is an event of unusual precedence. From deep within the Varvol Dungeon the roar of a dragon is heard, shaking the land it stood upon. The roar was heard far and wide

Fortune Roll:
7d6 = 22 + 6 = 28 Boon; Add 5 to Land; Add 3 to Power.

House Stats:
Def = 3
Inf = 9
Lan = 11
Law = 32
Pop = 22
Pow = 10
Wea = 7

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum