Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Today at 2:10 pm by ZeroCool

» Turn 1-1068
Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:01 pm by wolfking2k

» Turn 12-1067
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:05 pm by Spartanmario

» Player Houses
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:08 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Koth Meeting
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:07 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Chelsey Wright: hiring a lawyer
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Tyranny Coupon 50%
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm by TheUltimateParadoxs

» Warlords II: Turn Four - Departure of a Hero
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:52 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Greedfall, new game by Spiders: teaser trailer
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:16 am by RorytheRomulan

You are not connected. Please login or register

Private Session Regarding The Military Situation

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

The Moff is awaiting in the chambers when the other Governors show up. He is still wearing his old uniform, having not yet come up with a proper dress of an official, and his hands are folded neatly before him.

"Gentlemen," he will begin once all are present. "I have two issues I wanted to bring forth in private before going through more public means." He coughs nervously. "First, I believe that at least some of you be aware of the esteemed WarWager's health issues of late that have led him to be incapable of performing his duties for the time being. As such I, strongly, urge us to place the second in command--Admiral Krenzler--in charge of Echain's military without delay."

"Second," he continues before he loses his nerve, "I believe the direct issue of both payment and control over Darpon and their forces needs to be officially addressed and settled. As of now they are doing near-continuous military exercises, not a few of which are in or near my own borders, and there is no particular oversight we have properly established thusfar. I, uh," he hesitates, his nerves getting the better of him for a moment. "I would move we try to at least connect them to the office of our chief of military, as well as direct reporting lines to the Council."

View user profile
Alexander sits down clearly thinking about something far off before snapping back to attention.

"On the appointment of Admiral Krenzler I thoroughly agree that is why I have submitted a proposal to the Foreman on that very thing. As for the Darpon situation I too believe it should be attached to the War Department, as for payment I think we should divide the cost between the regions based on income."

View user profile
"Based on income?" He considers. "So we would treat Darpon as a national resource? Probably our only national resource, at least now." He lapses into thought.

View user profile
Moff Alexei Kuznetsov wrote:"Based on income?"  He considers.  "So we would treat Darpon as a national resource?  Probably our only national resource, at least now."  He lapses into thought.

"Indeed, we can't expect a recovering region like Lurem to pay as much as a bustling whirlpool of money that is Eastport.

View user profile
"There is no need to put Lurem down like that..." He sends Alexander a quick glare.
"We have 6 more months to pay them the 40 ESP required and I believe every region is able to pay their equal and fair share by that time, which would be about 4.4 ESP from every region."
Seeming a little happy, he states, "As a matter of fact, I know Lurem would be able to pay that off, no problem." flower

View user profile
Governor Grifenknight wrote:"There is no need to put Lurem down like that..."  He sends Alexander a quick glare.
"We have 6 more months to pay them the 40 ESP required and I believe every region is able to pay their equal and fair share by that time, which would be about 4.4 ESP from every region."
Seeming a little happy, he states, "As a matter of fact, I know Lurem would be able to pay that off, no problem." flower

OOC: There is something super wrong with that math. Do you mean to wait until the end of the year to pay in one lump sum?

View user profile
OOC: What is wrong? We need to pay 40 ESP by the end of the year and we have nine regions so... 40/9 = 4.44444444...

View user profile
OOC: There is the problem, you wish to delay the payment until the end of the year which is a really poor business model. Why not do it monthly?

View user profile
OOC: I never said we shouldn't do it monthly, I said that every region should pay 4.4 ESP by the end of the year.

View user profile
Governor Grifenknight wrote:OOC:  I never said we shouldn't do it monthly, I said that every region should pay 4.4 ESP by the end of the year.

OOC: Sure

View user profile
I propose that every region pay .75 ESP a month unless richer regions(i.e. Eastport) desire to take up more of that payment, therefore decreasing the monthly payment of the rest of us.

View user profile
Plainsdale is not going to pay. Darpon in turn is not required to protect Plainsdale.

View user profile
If we are going to pay them (which I also never voted in favor of), then they'd better start earning their keep. Integration into the Echaini military fabric should be the first step.

View user profile
Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:Plainsdale is not going to pay. Darpon in turn is not required to protect Plainsdale.

Eastport is then also not going to pay. If Plainsdale can shirk its responsibilities to the nation, so should Eastport.

View user profile
Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:
Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:Plainsdale is not going to pay. Darpon in turn is not required to protect Plainsdale.

Eastport is then also not going to pay. If Plainsdale can shirk its responsibilities to the nation, so should Eastport.

Thus handing him everything he wants?, if every region did what you did then the contract with Darpon would have to come to an end which is exactly what WhiskeyWhiskers advocated for in the first place.

View user profile
WW, they dont protect individual regions, they protect the whole nation, which you are a part off...

View user profile
After further consideration, Lurem has decided to not pay as well. We are giving Darpon a home as well as arming them with munitions produced from OUR factories. We have done more than any other region concerning Darpon and that should be present in the payment methods as well.

View user profile
Governor Grifenknight wrote:After further consideration, Lurem has decided to not pay as well.  We are giving Darpon a home as well as arming them with munitions produced from OUR factories.  We have done more than any other region concerning Darpon and that should be present in the payment methods as well.

Since when is Lurem providing anything but a small island of land for free?. I thought Darpon equipped themselves.

View user profile
Fishleep is still part of Lurem and we have received no compensation for it. Therefore, I believe that is is in my jurisdiction to claim Fishleep as my payment to this contract as it is currently housing Darpon.

Darpon does equip themselves by buying munitions from us as we are the only producer of small arms and their munitions in the nation. Why would they go abroad when they have a weapons manufacturer right next door?

View user profile
Which makes Darpon a big economic factor of Lurem. So you got not only the bad but also the good. See it this way Mr. Grifen, you just got a gigantic market for all your goods right in your backyard.

And have we really reached the point where we start making such statements, as not paying, once again?! I cannot be the only one you thinks this is ridiculous, right?

If you signed the contract or not is irrelevant. You all wanted your "democracy" and now you must live with it. The majority of the Council voted for it, and so I, for one, will uphold my duty and my honour.

View user profile
A market that I am not profiting off of.  I have given them Fishleep(which I had plans for) and I'm selling them goods which does not make up for the funds that I have to pay them. So, take in that I am giving them Fishleep with no compensation and I am not gaining enough profits from their "market" to make up for the fee I have to pay them.

There is also the fact that Plainsdale and Eastport have decided to not pay.  Why should the poorest region pay then?

View user profile
I will say that I understand the situation of Lurem.
For me, no region should be exempt from payments. Lurem would be the only one where I would see possibility for a debate. As you rightly pointed out, Lurem gave over Fishleep and is the poorest region at the moment. Therefore I could be convinced if Lurem should be exempted from paiments, for the first year, and maybe have lesser payments for year 2. But onward not anymore.

View user profile
Darpon is not proper national military, and thus the entire contract is illegal and unconstitutional. That is the conclusion reached by our council of jurists yesterday. In the light of this fact, Eastport has no choice but to begin forming a case to present to the Constitutional Court. In the meantime, the contract is frozen.

View user profile
You cannot possibly be naive enough to think that not paying them is even an option at this point without external aid. Which means you already have it lined up. So why not be overt rather than this pointless subterfuge and tell us who you've tapped to help us clean up this mess that you insist on not paying for?

View user profile
Who is this targeted to?

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum