Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Today at 2:10 pm by ZeroCool

» Turn 1-1068
Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:01 pm by wolfking2k

» Turn 12-1067
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:05 pm by Spartanmario

» Player Houses
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:08 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Koth Meeting
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:07 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Chelsey Wright: hiring a lawyer
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Tyranny Coupon 50%
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm by TheUltimateParadoxs

» Warlords II: Turn Four - Departure of a Hero
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:52 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Greedfall, new game by Spiders: teaser trailer
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:16 am by RorytheRomulan

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Next Room (totally open for the amusement of the public)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The Historical Society begin immediately shuffling out the room to the room next door. The room goes quiet but you can still hear muffled conversation happening next door. "Hey! There's no food here..."

The moment you two are alone she gives you one of those tackle-hugs that always bruise your ribs. "Ha! Got a stick up your ass little brother?" She says, annoyingly, she's barely 1 day older than you but she keeps on insisting that she is the oldest among all siblings

View user profile
"You are like a day older than me!"

Alexander recovers from the tackle hug

"So how have you been?".

View user profile
"Facts are facts and you can't change that no matter what!" She says with a bright grin.

Her smile fades and with a grim look, "As for how I am... I'm pretty worried about Father. He haven't been in contact for weeks and no one knows where he is. It's starting to feel like the old days where he would be gone for days and each time he would return home smelling like blood, gunpowder and carrying with him a new brother or sister... only this is the longest he have ever been gone."

View user profile
Governor Gollvieg wrote:"Facts are facts and you can't change that no matter what!" She says with a bright grin.

Her smile fades and with a grim look, "As for how I am... I'm pretty worried about Father. He haven't been in contact for weeks and no one knows where he is. It's starting to feel like the old days where he would be gone for days and each time he would return home smelling like blood, gunpowder and carrying with him a new brother or sister... only this is the longest he have ever been gone."

Alexander in turn looks serious


"I ermm know, he told me he would be back in a month but he has not even contacted me....I remember those nights and the flashbacks with my....mother.

Look I am sure we are just overreacting, as you said he used to do this all the time and is no stranger to danger".

Alexander sits down in a chair clearly not believing what he just said.

"I don't know what to do sis, maybe I could try to get the Southport police to look for him but for all I know he could be in the middle of the Congo or in the mountains of Andorra".

View user profile
"Yeah but you know that he always over do things. One month before he left, he shows up out of nowhere looking like he lost a fight with a truck. One day he's laughing and telling jokes and the literal next day he's missing an eye and telling the same damn jokes like he never had two eyes."

She looks around before whispering, "You know those books that he always keep in his safe and never let's anyone see let alone touch? He gave them to me..."

View user profile
"Wait really, what is in them?".

View user profile
"They are mostly old chinese historical accounts sprinkled with records from the surrounding ancient kingdoms of an Island Kingdom somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. The records date to around the Yuan Dynasty where the Emperor of China attempted to invade "The Land of Death" 3 times and each time the Queen of the land repelled the invasion with a "windless lightning storm."

I don't know why but father seemed to believe Echain is that former kingdom and he told me that is was my great destiny to find out how the queen was able to do it and find the truth about Echain."

I don't understand why it is so important to him but at least he supports my career path... I think."

View user profile
Alexander laughs a little

"Lighting storms repelling invasions ha!, preposterous the only thing that repels invasions is soldiers.....unless your the Mongols then a tornado will do it twice!".

"Well if father is investigating whether Echain is this so called "magic" Kingdom then surly he cant be far and must be in Echain or at least an area close. What do you want to do?, wait for something to come up or go looking for him?".

Alexander stands up and straightens his suit before doing a goofy politicians smile which he really cant pull off.

View user profile
Zelda smacks Alex upside the head, "Typical Euro-centric, you hear something that does not conform to your small, tiny, incomplete view of the world and you instantly dismiss it for the mere idea of the world you made up in your own head, while ignoring over 5 primary source accounts of the events, written by 5 different people who had no contact with each other. It may not be magic but there must be a scientific reason why the mongol invasion failed so many times the exact same way, maybe they were able to construct a weapon that is like an improved version of Archimedes Tower. We will never know if we just dismiss things and never try to find out the truth."

Zelda goes silent for a moment, "Father said that is it my duty to find the truth now, that he might not be able to come back. He said that I should remind you to not repeat the mistakes of the past."

View user profile
"Fine, whatever this thing is could be scientific. Now what mistakes would those be exactly?"

View user profile
"Father states that the will of the people should always be respected and that what is most important is not that we all pretend that we are all united but that we work to not fight among ourselves. Your so called "Progressive" Party, did not even bother to reach out to the people of Versberg to find out why they want to leave and instead declare them criminals. Way to not be a tyrant King, Little Brother."



Last edited by Governor Gollvieg on Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
OOC: Progressive party didn't say shit. It was just Alexander blabbing. Very Happy

View user profile
Governor Grifenknight wrote:OOC:  Progressive party didn't say shit.  It was just Alexander blabbing. Very Happy

OOC: Well as acting head and with no other official but Grifenknight, Alexander kinda is the party at the moment.

View user profile
Governor Gollvieg wrote:"Father states that the will of the people should always be respected and that what is most important is not that we all pretend that we are all united but that we work to not fight among ourselves. Your so called "Progressive" Party, did not even bother to reach out to the people of Versberg to find out why they want to leave and instead declare them criminals. Way to not be a tyrant King, Little Brother."

"Whats the other alternative?, Echain could not survive Verseberg independence. If such a thing were to occur other regions would do the same and we would splinter into insignificance. So don't dare call me a tyrant King because I am doing my job by looking out for the nation as a whole".

View user profile
"You need to accept the fact that we are not one nation, but 9 nations pretending to be 1. Your entire government is built on a flawed constitution that destroyed itself. I don't think anyone even looked at the constitution anymore because I can't for the life of me, find it! You can't keep on doing all these open actions an expect that people won't get riled up and violent over it. You need to focus on the real issue and learn why they want to leave so badly instead of ignoring them as faceless masses."

She looks at you with worry in her eyes, "Remember the saying father drilled into all of us, "A subtle word cuts deeper than an open knife" It means that force should be the last resort and diplomacy is more effective"

View user profile
Governor Gollvieg wrote:"You need to accept the fact that we are not one nation, but 9 nations pretending to be 1. Your entire government is built on a flawed constitution that destroyed itself. I don't think anyone even looked at the constitution anymore because I can't for the life of me, find it! You can't keep on doing all these open actions an expect that people won't get riled up and violent over it. You need to focus on the real issue and learn why they want to leave so badly instead of ignoring them as faceless masses."

She looks at you with worry in her eyes, "Remember the saying father drilled into all of us, "A subtle word cuts deeper than an open knife" It means that force should be the last resort and diplomacy is more effective"


"I have the biggest disdain for the so called constitution than anyone I know, it is completely fraught with frustrating annoyances that make it impossible to govern.

I know that diplomacy should be used which is why I am holding this rally in City Central to unite the nation."

Alexander sighs

"Why did I go for this job, I am clearly not ready for it. I never even considered it until father said I should try."

View user profile
"I think father's exact words were, 'Go ahead, if you want to take a job literally no one else in the country wants to take, I'm sure you can't do any worse than some of the other Governors' yeah... that is not that difficult when an unnamed Governor thought that Taxmen at your door with armed thugs is a surefire way of peacefully and efficiently collecting taxes."

View user profile
"I will think on what you said and will perhaps try a more....democratic approach with Versberg. Tell the ermm.....esteemed members of the Historical Society it was great to meet them. Do you wanna come round the house for dinner later?, I could introduce you to Thomas as sister number 32."

Alexander laughs at his own joke

View user profile
She smiles and give Alex a hug, "Sure thing, as long as you remember to tell him that I am the most awesome older sister you have." Smile

View user profile
Governor Gollvieg wrote:She smiles and give Alex a hug, "Sure thing, as long as you remember to tell him that I am the most awesome older sister you have." Smile

Alexander returns the hug

"Can't argue with that logic. See you later then....have fun with the great members of the Society."

View user profile
OOC: 1) The armed thug thing never happened. Very Happy
2) Zelda defiantly wouldn't know. Very Happy
3) These smiley faces are middle fingers, Gollvieg. Very Happy

View user profile
Governor Grifenknight wrote:OOC:  1)  The armed thug thing never happened. Very Happy
2)  Zelda defiantly wouldn't know. Very Happy
3)  These smiley faces are middle fingers, Gollvieg. Very Happy

OOC: I didn't say it was you, there was enough vagueness there that it could be anyone, even TomRP.

Plus, you should be thankful I helped you clear up your misunderstanding, otherwise you would have had a riot on your hands.

View user profile
OOC: I guess.... thanks. flower

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum