» Turn 6-1069
Today at 11:40 am by SilverDragonRed

» Some interesting thing with Star Trek Discovery
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 am by ZeroCool

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:41 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEWS: Peaceful Demonstrations in Aberisk

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 NEWS: Peaceful Demonstrations in Aberisk on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:23 am

People have taken to the streets in several cities throughout Aberisk, including Aberisk City itself, with people protesting recent actions by the sub-Governor with regards to so-called 'police actions'. Most of these groups seem to disagree on what exactly they are protesting; some push against the idea of the Monarchists pushing their will into their Region via their puppet. Some are pushing against the idea of such large scale police actions hurting civilians. Some are pushing against the idea of dictatorial actions, and accuse the sub-Governor of being a tyrant in the absence of Gollvieg. Thus far none of these demonstrations have gotten violent, but they are rather disruptive.

2 Re: NEWS: Peaceful Demonstrations in Aberisk on Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:15 am

Gollvieg returns to Aberisk and survey the situation. After a short discussion with local leaders Gollvieg begins to organize the protests. First, Police are to not escalate the situation by threatening force. Second, emergency services are to standby in case they are needed. Third, non-essential police and fire fighters along with Rangers are to help out by providing manpower to set up tents, shade, chairs, tables, redirect traffic and pass out water and food to the protesters.

An impromptu festival is created out of the proceeding and as people are sat down, Gollvieg promises that all their worries will be addressed and begins to build a rapport with Aberisk's citizens through eating together, discussing their worries and addressing them.

With the patience of a man with experience handling over a hundred children vying for his attention he peacefully reorganize the protests into three groups: the Anti-Monarchists, The Anti-Fascists, and the Anti-Tyranny. By doing interviews he fills up a large black notebook on the Names, Address, Strengths and Issues of the highest qualified leaders who fall into the three groups and with the help of the leaders begin to direct people to those three groups. Gollvieg rationalizes to the protesters that as a disorganized mob, they will be unable to properly address their issues if everyone is shouting at the same time several different things. Only by organizing together will they be able to unify their voices and make themselves be heard. They stand more to lose by resorting to violence and anarchy than by banding together and presenting their issues officially as a Union.

1) To the Anti-monarchy: Aberisk is and will always be a Meritocracy where one's station is a direct result of one's ability and drive to handle the responsibility that is required for that station. If you prove you are not able to handle the new scale of responsibility you will simply be moved back to the level that you have already proven that you are capable and excel at. Upward mobility is possible and one is not locked into one career forever, horizontal mobility is encouraged and provided for through Education and Journeyman programs for those that wish to change careers without the long process of starting all over. As long as you are able to handle the responsibility of your station you are guaranteed to never fall out of it. Those are toward the bottom of the meritocracy is still provided enough security by the government safety net to ensure that even if they are not living the lives that they want, they will never starve or need to resort to crime to make a living, there is more than one way to move up and those that can turn their adversity into creativity can use those outlets to raise themselves. Not even the Governor is exempt from this and Governor Gollvieg eagerly awaits the day someone is able to take charge and handle the huge amount of work needed to keep Aberisk rapidly expanding.

2) The the Anti-Fascists: I introduce them to the officers that serve their neighborhood and give the police a real human face that they can connect to, the Police of Aberisk is completely compose of civilian volunteers and their primary purpose is to always protect and serve the citizens first. The Governor is hesitant with arming the police with lethal weapons but as the most recent police action has revealed, criminals have no such morals and they will do everything in their power to gain an advantage. If Central did not intervene, the Police of Aberisk would be completely unequipped to handle a criminal organization of that size and it would have resulted in the deaths of hundreds of Police Officers and many more civilians as these criminal organizations would run rampant, unopposed and free to do as they wish to law abiding citizens. Fear not though, the Governor has an open door policy and citizens are encouraged to step forward and connect to their local leaders and Police officers and through them the Governor will address your issues.

3) The Anti-Tyranny: Unlike with many others, the Governor is open to criticism and strives to improve the lives of everyone, even if 100% of the population lead better lives than they have before, the Governor's job will not be finished until Aberisk hold the highest quality of life in the world by a huge margin. The Governor admits that he is not perfect and in order to fully help the people of Aberisk he must first know what is going on and which issues are the most important for the people. If the people do not even attempt to voice their needs, how would the Government be able to address those needs in the first place? Governor Gollvieg encourages the citizens to form Trade Unions, group together and help grow Aberisk.

OOC: I dip into the Public Events fund in order to reorganize the peaceful protests into a public holiday. By connecting with my constituents and addressing their issues and writing down their needs AND doing something about it, I try to raise Regional Morale and build influence. i also begin building up the Bureaucracy and organize the Government.

View user profile

3 Re: NEWS: Peaceful Demonstrations in Aberisk on Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:20 am

A formal letter is sent to Governor Gollvieg, signed with the Guard symbol, the crowned skull.

"Governor, as you are probably aware we are under orders by the Knight-Commander to remain in Aberisk till the end of this month. During this time we are under orders to follow your lead, so if you wish our assistance regarding the build up for this festival please order us to.

We understand that our presents within Aberisk is responsible for outrage of the people as it seems they see us as fascists. Though I find there apparent contempt for us horrendous, as Centrals blood was shed to defend Abersik, I am willing to leave your lands with my troops if you think this would help keeping up public order.

Signed

Knight-Captain Sara Verington, Commanding officer, 1st Guard Expeditionary Force "Knights of Wrath"

PS: I just want to say, it is good to have you back Governor. "

View user profile

4 Re: NEWS: Peaceful Demonstrations in Aberisk on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:07 am

Governor Lorinbas wrote:A formal letter is sent to Governor Gollvieg, signed with the Guard symbol, the crowned skull.

"Governor, as you are probably aware we are under orders by the Knight-Commander to remain in Aberisk till the end of this month. During this time we are under orders to follow your lead, so if you wish our assistance regarding the build up for this festival please order us to.

We understand that our presents within Aberisk is responsible for outrage of the people as it seems they see us as fascists. Though I find there apparent contempt for us horrendous, as Centrals blood was shed to defend Abersik, I am willing to leave your lands with my troops if you think this would help keeping up public order.

Signed

Knight-Captain Sara Verington, Commanding officer, 1st Guard Expeditionary Force "Knights of Wrath"

PS: I just want to say, it is good to have you back Governor. "

I believe it would be best if your Knights come in plains clothes and unarmed in order to not intimidate the citizens. They deserve a chance to see the real you and be able to talk with and understand you as regular people rather than Faceless Security Forces. I will serve as a intermediary to introduce your people to my citizens and help them understand the efforts you go through in order to ensure their safety.

P.S. Thank you, it is good to be back

View user profile

5 Re: NEWS: Peaceful Demonstrations in Aberisk on Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:05 am

As we stand at your disposal, we will do as you say, attending said festivities in our civilian garbs.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum