Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Yesterday at 1:22 pm by Luslanz

» Turn 1-1068
Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:07 pm by FreelanceZero

» Turn 2-1068
Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:52 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Turn 12-1067
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:05 pm by Spartanmario

» Player Houses
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:08 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Koth Meeting
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:07 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Chelsey Wright: hiring a lawyer
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Tyranny Coupon 50%
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm by TheUltimateParadoxs

» Warlords II: Turn Four - Departure of a Hero
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:52 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

You are not connected. Please login or register

Turn 1-1067

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Turn 1-1067 on Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:22 am

A royal wedding saw the marriage of Princess Natalya of the Kingdom of Nestav and Kelon of House Aurelion.

Bern Heinrich has announced that he is looking for a wife.

The Trade League Meeting continues on as a dusting of snow covers the land.
Admiral Krenzler:
The agents return from the south and report hordes of undead growing with each village attacked.  The bulk of the horde is headed for your lands.

The tourney was a grand spectacle for the populace.  At the end of it all, two warriors had proven themselves; a human female and minotaur male.

The search for a mage continues.

You gain 1 Wealth from trade.  2 turns for watch station system to be complete.  The Institute is now complete.   Levies are now converted.  Green Special training is now complete.

Arcacius:
The siege is lifted and your men return home before the snow begins to fall.

1 turn to complete Green Cavalry(4)/Archers(5) training. Cavarly(6)/Archers(3) equipment is now upgraded.

FreelanceZero:
The alliance of the Kingdom of Nestav and House Aurelion has begun.  The War Minister reports that the coalition of the north has pooled their armies together and are planning to increase their numbers further before attacking Nestav.

The construction of a galleon and scooner has begun.  Mineralogical surveys come back with reports talking of gold, silver, iron, copper, and gems in the lands under your control.

House Isabjorg confirms that their northernmost villages are all wiped out and an army of the undead is trudging through his lands.

4 turns for the Military Academy to be complete. Levies have been converted.

greywolf:
Things have quieted down to the north and west as everyone settles in for winter.

JaxVaeus:
The experiment is conducted and the results recorded for the wind’s effect on the balloon.

The ambassador finds many books on magical practices and theory, some on trade, and quite a number written in a different script.

A letter comes the ambassador sent to Ata Raxia.  “Finally made it to the lands of Ata Raxia.  We will attempt to find their leader and begin discussions.”

4 turns for the rings to be forged. 3 turns to complete the Ironworks. 2 turns for the ports to be complete. 1 turn for the University to be complete.

Spartanmario:
The volunteers sent to Laventino return during the last weeks of the year.  You gain 4 units of Veteran Crossbowmen.

Research into black powder and the reverse engineering of cannons have begun.

The King of Chu says that he will accept the trade league if Chu is given a leading role in it.

The investigation into the missing mana neko has turned up something.  Under her mattress was a letter sent to her by agents from a different house.

Your merchants come back from the south to report a massive amount of trade going on down there in foods, linens, silks, tools, and machines.  They had even managed to find the zinc that Amelia was asking for.

You gain 2 Wealth from trade. 16 turns for the shipyards to be complete. 3 turns for the University to be complete.

Onyx Aurelius:
Mages have become trained into rudimentary magic to counter-act basic necromancy.  The siege of House Baggi was shattered and the undead crumbled in House Oddr’s lands, their necromancers put to the sword.  Miles of land around Gautstaff’s castle was quiet, the only remains being crushed bones of former undead.  The only evidence of what happened was a black banner standing in a corner of the bailey.

The shipbuilder’s contest has resulted in three designs being proven.  First is a sleek elongated two-mast ship built for speed.  The second is a big heavy three-mast design built for endurance and capacity.  The final one is a three-mast small ship with two decks below the weather deck sporting steam-cannons.

Kelon is the last to return to House lands with Nestav’s Princess Natalya in his arms.

A ship from Laventino makes a last minute purchase of three months worth of coffee.  You gain 2 Wealth.

You gain 6 Wealth from trade.  20 turns until the glider facility is complete.  7 turns for the Institute to be complete. 5 turns for Town upgrade to be complete.

Wanderer_In_Rags:
The houses of the snake let you pass whilst your people fly the black banner.  Your people reach House Aurelion land without incident.

wolfking2k:
A letter comes in from your ambassador.  “At Raxia.  Speak to strong leader.  Prove we strong ally.”

Berries have been collected.  The search for an alchemist continues.

A lone chimeroid attempts to join your magic university.

4 turns for the road to be complete.

Zeiss:
A ship arrives from Laventino to deliver two scrolls:
“Bern Da’Bolero,
By the order of the newly re-crowned Empress of Laventino Amelia Kryosthenos this emblem is to be given to you.  Present this to the Captain of the Wall to be allowed past.  You may come at your convenience.”
The second scroll has a hippogriff over the laventine banner with a line of their script at the bottom.

Your envoys return from Port Dustan with news that they have secured almost exclusive trading rights for zinc in the northern Drakon Sea.  (House Aurelion does not own Port Dustan.)

3 turns to complete Trained Infantry training. 2 turns to complete Trained Cavalry training. The Port is now complete.



Last edited by SilverDragonRed on Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

2 Re: Turn 1-1067 on Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:43 pm

Actions:
Lord Heinrich will order the beginning of the new years ceremony, heralded in in the middle of the first month with a grand feast and a presentation of The dance of The Light Of Utuna.

The dance of The Light Of Utuna celebrates the constellation of Strix. It comes only in winter and it represents the coming of the new year. Made up of four stars, the constellation roughly resembles the shape of a dog and can be seen most prominently just above the Southern horizon during winter.

The festival will take up the entire middle week of the first month, all laborers have the week off and the army is to stand down from drill to enjoy the time. Services to Ak'uila will be held 3 time a day with wine and holy books being read aloud throughout Brakenburgh.

Additionally the Alchemist Son VI will be sent up in the balloon once more, with guide ropes held by Gnolls and vampires. The goal is to judge how the wind changes the further up and up one goes. Notes are to be taken. Copious amounts of notes.

After being impressed by The Seven Isle's clipper idea, Heinrich will personally begin designing a four masted ship to be a grand trade galleon. It's to be a hobby of his, done in spare time and when he feels the urge to doodle out possible blueprints.

We will also spend twenty land and 5 pop to work on a Large Town.

The ambassador will continue reading through the libraries.

Additionally, a few crates of tea and two wagons of Frogs will be sent to the Shu General ally as a gift, commending the friendship and the start of the new year.

Fortune and Status:

Growth +3 to Power

Def +15
Influence +3
Lands +0 (-20 from construction)
Law +27
Pop +39
Power +14 (+3 from growth)
Wealth +25
Glory: 5

Holdings:
Mines x2
Clergy
Artisan
Hall
Superior Castle
Tower
Roads
Hamlet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Commander Aleksander (Green)(Inf Command, Fighting , Warfare 2)

Commander Zhukov (Trained) (Command 2, Fighting 3, Warfare 1)

Commander Farhowl (Veteran) (Inf Command 3, Fighting 3, Warfare 4)

3,000 Royal Guard (Green) (18 power) (Discipline Modifier -6)(Athletics +1) (Armour 6, Pen -3) (Defence 5)(Morale 6)(BD: 8 )(Athletics 1, Endurance 2, Fighting 3)

1,000 Personal Guard, Elite (13 Power)(Discipline Modifier -6) Athletics 2, Endurance 5, Fighting 7

1,000 Scouts (Trained) (2 Power) (Discipline Modifier +0)(Defence 5)(Morale 6)(BD: 3) )Awareness 1, Endurance, Stealth 3)

1,000 Garrison (Trained) (12 Power) (Discipline Modifier -3/+3)(Athletics +1) (Armour 3, Pen -2) (Defence 6 )(Morale 9)(BD: 6) (Awareness, Endurance 2, Fighting 2)

2,000 Raiders (Trained) (Discipline Modifier +3)(Athletics+1)(Armour 2, Pen -1)(Defence 6)(Morale 6)(BD: 6)(Agility, Endurance 1, Fighting 1)

1,000 Archers (3 pts) (Discipline Modifier +3)(Athletics +1)(Armour 2, Pen -1)(Defence 3)(Morale 5) (BD: 5)(Agility 2, Awareness, Marksmanship 2)

2,000 Calvary Archers [Special] 4 pts (Discipline Modifier +0))(Athletics +1)(Armour 2, Pen -1)(Defence 3)(Morale 5) (BD: 4)(Agility 1, Animal Handling 1, Marksmanship)

4,000 Garrison (Trained) (12 Power) (Discipline Modifier -3/+3)(Athletics +1) (Armour 3, Pen -2) (Defence 5 )(Morale 9)(BD: 6) (Awareness 1, Endurance 1, Fighting 2)

6,000 Archers (Trained)(Discipline Modifier +0)(Athletics +1)(Armour 2, Pen -1)(Defense 5)(Morale 5) (BD: 5)(Agility 2, Awareness 1, Marksmanship 2)

6,000 Calvary (Trained)(Discipline Modifier -3)(Athletics+3)(Armour 0, Pen 0)(Defense 5) Morale )(BD: 6) (Agility 2, Animal Handling 1, Fighting 3)

2,000 Engineers (Green)(Discipline Modifier +3)(Athletics)(Armour 2, Pen -1)(Defense 5)(BD: 4)(Morale 7) (Endurance 1, Fighting, Warfare 3)

9,000 Infantry (Green)(Discipline Modifier +0)(Athletics+1)(Armour 3, Pen -2)(Defence 5) (BD: 6) (Athletics 1, Endurance 1, Fighting 2)

4 turns for the rings to be forged. 3 turns to complete the Guild Quarters. 2 turns for the ports to be complete. 1 turn for the University to be complete.



Last edited by JaxVaeus on Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:44 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Needed to add on to actions)

View user profile

3 Re: Turn 1-1067 on Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:31 pm

Fortune roll:
Roll(7d6)+3:
3,2,2,4,2,6,5,+3
Total:27 Blessing Roll(1d6): 6 to wealth

actions:
The gnolls will welcome the chimeroid with open arms, and revere him as if he where a sacred being.

Steward Bob will now also have the alchemist son begin work on a concoction to make gnoll warriors fight for longer, and battle harder, a blood-rage of sorts

The gnolls will also hold a grand banquet in honor of so many new comers as well as the end of the year celebrations.

Steward Bob will also begin the look for a court mage among the people of the college, and surrounding lands.

The castle's forges will be put to use, and a new prototype of sword will be put into mass production for use by future warriors.

I will also use 5 power to recruit 5 groups of criminals to eventually turn into proto berserks

Steward Bob will send second heir Dirtfang to train alongside the soldiers. He is young, and can still gain much from training. A group of mercenaries will also be sent to train with the young heir

The gnoll scouts shall be sent out, to find the mercenaries of the land, and to all of them will be a message "I steward Bob, acting leader of the gnoll of Ponthas will offer all mercenaries in the land a large sum of wealth, and the erase of their past misdeeds if they will band together, and create an army in service to the gnolls of Clan Bloodmouth. In return they'll be allowed access to the gnoll hold, and all things that lie within it. Their leaders shall be given noble status, and made leaders of a newly formed banner house"

Current projects:

4 turns for the road
4 turns for the hybrid child to be born
College research unsure

current house stats:

Def 5
Inf 24
lan 6
law 22
pop 22 (13 with current projects)
Pow 1
Wea 27



Last edited by wolfking2k on Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:53 am; edited 5 times in total

View user profile

4 Re: Turn 1-1067 on Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:46 pm

Fortunes of the Road:
7d6+0= 15 Blessing +3 to POP +2 to LAW
House Fortune Roll is now +3

Actions:
The kingdom rounds the mountains from the south as winter truly sets in, nearing the borders of House Aurelion with the banners of black and of the kingdom flying high. Captain Jaeyen of Kreathean's scouts makes the decision to approach a village belonging to Aurelion, and make their presence known.

"Hawk from the south, Captain." the spearman said, crouching next to the leader of the Lord-Commander's scouts. "It bore a message from the main body, they're about three weeks from us, if the weather holds. Longer if the clouds break."

Captain Jaeyen sighed, puffing out a cloud of vapor and shifting his snow-dusted cloak.
"Sir?" the scout asked.
"I heard you." the officer replied, still peering from the stand of trees down the hill towards the village. "Send a reply that the situation is developing. We have not been spotted, but we are going to attempt to greet them."
"Aye," the scout said and vanished into the green and grey shadows.

Shortly after the hawk winged away back to the south, Captain Jaeyen gathered six of his best men and set off towards the village. They made no illusions. If the people of this land chose to be hostile to the kingdom, there was no way in the Light's grace his scouts would survive it. But for the good of their families and the many thousands heading this way even now, they had to try.

View user profile

5 Re: Turn 1-1067 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:36 am

Actions:
The cannon wagons, scorpion and centipede carts are to head out with the Cavalry, both units, to harass the horde, with orders to inflict as much damage as possible without unnecessarily risking their lives. 

Meanwhile, Steward Loregar will have the engineers that worked to survey and prepare for opening the new mine working on trenches, pits lined with spikes, earthen ramparts and other traps along the route the horde will take.  It won't stop them, but it will ensnare some and slow them down. 

The Crusaders will begin training (Green to Trained, 4 Power spent), while the army will be mustered and readied for battle.  Crossbows will be made available to the Archers, while halberds, swords and large shields will be given to the Infantry.  Heavy barding and lances will be set aside for when the Cavalry return.

The Institute will immediately be put into use.  One Population will be put to work researching steam engines, another Population to steel smelting to improve the quality of the metal produced and finally Clan Grimmore will put in a Population to research Rune Forging, having brought notes with them regarding it from the Black Mountain.

Both contestants will be knighted and will receive a place in court.  Armor and weapons of their choosing will be forged and they are welcomed into Thrand's service.

Ten Wealth is spent in the effort to find a court mage.  Gender and species doesn't matter, as long as they're worth the expenditure.

Finally, word is sent to the neighboring houses, warning them of the undead threat.

Fortune Rolls:
House Geirmund: 7d6 + 8 = 30 (Blessing) 1d6 = 4 Power

Clan Grimmore: 9d6 - 7 = 30 (Blessing) 1d6 = 6 Power

End of Turn Stats:
House Geirmund: Defense 8, Influence 4, Lands 10, Law 28, Population 24, Power 5, Wealth 0

Clan Grimmore: Defense 11, Influence 10, Lands 5, Law 25, Population 25, Power 6, Wealth 7

View user profile

6 Re: Turn 1-1067 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:12 pm

Fortune:
7d6=24+10(House Fortune) = 36 Result:Blessing Resource allocation: law + population

Actions:

Local:
The new ship designs are approved for general use, several of the new two masted ships are ordered by merchants, a few of the three masted endurance ships are ordered as well. The ship orders are done by the Sarum Trade Group. No new cannon ships are ordered directly, however, House Filbert's warships are inspected to see if they can be retrofitted with cannons.

The Tauber are praised for their effort in dealing with the undead, as well their efforts in magical research, it is promised that, in the future, a wing at the new institute will be dedicated to ongoing magical study. (not yet, but soon)

Kelon is welcomed back, along with Natalya, with a small procession back to Starforger Hall, the people in high spirits knowing the Kor-Azor line has a future. (As a side note, Natalya is now with child)

The presence of a black flag warrants great concern, House Aurelion brings in advisors from the various banner houses to discuss the situation.

A messenger is sent to House Clothidir informing them of recent events, as well as an offer to join the various other houses, special attention is given to large amount of autonomy that will be given even if they do join.

Scouts are sent ahead to Fridenot's lands to assess the situation in regards to remaining forces, military advisors are consulted about the viability of siege given the onset of winter.

2 additional pop is placed on finishing the town project, with the goal of finishing before the new trade season starts. 

International:

A group of scouts from Kreathean are met on the boarders of Aurelion's new holdings. Most return to their main force, a few are invited into Port Saurm. 

Lloyds sends a letter to the Nestav expedition, pleased by the efforts of the team, and the recovery of 2 wealth, the expedition is to continue.

Stats:
Defense:0 Influence:13 Land:2 Law:28+3=31 Population:19+2=21 Power:14 Wealth:22+6(trade)+2(Laventino)=30 Lloyds coffers:2 wealth

View user profile

7 Re: Turn 1-1067 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:48 pm

Fortune Roll:
7d6 = 36+6 = 42 Boon; Add 9 to Land

Actions:
With the new additions of population and land from the previous year's occurrences, King Valganis orders the renovating of several old districts of Varvol to make it more habitable once more. (Small Town, 20 Land) 10 population will be assigned to this project.

Additionally, an Average-sized water-powered steel smelter will be constructed in Hidegard State, with 10 of Hidegard's population sent to aid in its construction.

Send a messenger to House Isabjorg if assistance is required with keeping the undead horde in check, as well as finding who is responsible for such an action.

Send a messenger to the Seven Isles Union regarding the status of the Northern Silver Coast, and that Nestav will march on them as soon as spring arrives. King Valganis will ask King Isen for military aid in this offensive operation, the very first time that Nestav will be raising the Twin Halberds Standard instead of the Tower Shield Standard for the first time in 900 years.

Begin the training to upgrade 3 Green Infantry in Nestav's army. (2 turns, 6 power)

4 turns for the Military Academy to be complete.

House Stats:
Def = 3
Inf = 9
Lan = 2
Law = 32
Pop = 22
Pow = 4
Wea = 5

View user profile

8 Re: Turn 1-1067 on Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:44 pm

Fortune roll:
The newly constructed port gives me another +5 to my Roll fortune, for a total of +10.

I roll 28, to which I add my House Fortune of 10, giving me 38. Thus, I gain Growth. I use my Influence to bring it up by 4, giving me Boon instead.

I improve one resource by 2d6 points; Wealth. I roll 5. Because of my marketplace and port, I also roll 1d6, with a result of 5. The total of Wealth I gain is 10.

Current stats
Def 6
Inf 4
Lands 0
Law 21
Pop 22
Power 2
Wealth 15
House Fortune Total  = +10

Actions:
I start to build the Serpent Road and put 12 Pop on it. It costs me 2 Wealth.

Do my banner houses have the same military units as when the game started? If not, I would like to know what they have added to their forces so I can prepare for war.

Lord Da'Boléro will visit Laventino with the scroll he was given, and inform whichever official he meets that he has secured the rights to the zinc mine.

Question: how can invest in trading, and buying commercial ships and such?


Current stats:
Def 6
Inf 4
Lands 0
Law 21
Pop 22
Power 2
Wealth 13
House Fortune Total  = +10
12 Pop used for building Serpent Road.

View user profile

9 Re: Turn 1-1067 on Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:10 pm

Fortune roll:


I roll 31 adding on my House fortune of 8 giving me 39. This gives me growth.

I improve Lands by d3 - I roll 2

Because of my port I gain +1 wealth

Current stats:


Defense: 8
Influence: 18
Lands: 11
Law: 36
Population: 28
Power: 19
Wealth: 21


Actions:


Much to the chagrin of Edward, Robert announces to the world that his son and heir Edward is available to wed stating that it is about time he is married.

The peasants recruited begin their training.

Representatives are sent to Lord Zeiss Da'bolero and the House of Ythri to establish relations.

A large expansion of the port - 10 wealth and 12 pop.

The peasant cavalry is sent deeper into the heartlands in order to scout out lands ripe for conquest and House Stewart is instructed to do the same thing along the coast.





Current Stats:


Defense: 8
Influence: 18
Lands: 11
Law: 36
Population: 28
Power: 19
Wealth: 11

View user profile

10 Re: Turn 1-1067 on Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:03 pm

Actions:
1 Infantry and 1 Engineer unit will be trained and raised up to Trained for 10 Power. The engineers in Particular will be learning how to use the few cannons the Isles have

25 more cannons will be bought for 5 wealth

20 Wealth will be converted to 10 power over the turn.

The chu are presented the accords from the meeting and informed that a league is highly unlikely to form, but are free to send someone to the meeting before it wraps up.

The merchants from the south are questioned a bit further in detailed to see what goods the south is missing that the north has. Once those have been identified, trade ships are sent up to pick up products to start a trade route down south, stopping by the Harichu to see what they have and need as well.

King Isen sends a letter to Amelia informing her that a zinc source was found, but its being sold at above the usual pricing that one would buy this for. He will keep trying to find a cheaper source for her if this is not satisfactory.

The harichu will also be approached and asked if the Isles may operate a small plot of land on any unused land to help feed the people on the Isles. The farm would be tended by workers coming from the Isles, and if needed it will be attempted to make most of them female for the harichu so there is no diplomatic issues.

Fortune Roll:
2,4,3,5,6,2,3,+10=35 BLESSING
2d3=2+2

House Fortune:
Def: 5
Inf: 9
Land: 5
Law: 53
Pop: 41
Pow: 10+2-10=2 (Fortune)
Wealth:33+2+2+4-26=15 (Trade) (Fortune) (Market+Port: d6=4) (Payment to Chu+Events)

View user profile

11 Re: Turn 1-1067 on Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:24 am

House Purchases:
House Fortune Upgrades:
House Zenna + 2d6 Power (7)
House Sonaglio - 1d6 Power (-6)
House Scala + 1d3 Power (3)
House Skitter + 1d6 Power (3)
House Stinger + 1d3 Power (3)
Updated Stats:
House Zenna
Power 11
Wealth 10

House Sonaglio
Power 2

House Scala
Power 9

House Skitter
Power 14

House Stinger
Wealth 1
Power 8
Actions:
Upon return to the Tip, Arn Radnor is and his men are greeted by Steward Olson and Walker along with a few dozen workers. Walker and the workers lead the soldiers back to the barracks to care for the weapons and armour. Steward Olson then takes Arn Radnor for a walk around the castle while explaining the situation brought forth to the rest of the holshold at the beginning of the last month. Upon being told of this news, Arn Radnor Returns to the Barracks and begins putting his troops through an even more rigorous training regimen.
House Fortune Rolls:
House Zenna 21 (19+2) Growth
House Sonaglio 32 (27+5) Growth
House Scala 23 (17+6) Curse
House Skitter 30 (25+5) Blessing
House Stinger 18 (16+2) Blessing

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum